DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
Hey everyone.

Just an update... I have decided that I will continue work on this project but I will probably not have any updates here until the summer. Right now, I have to concentrate on my RL work and make some money, but I am continuing to develop my DAZ and Ren'py skills and I will continue to work on Whoremonger in my limited spare time.

Sometime in the summer (end of June'ish?) I plan on releasing the next ACT and I will also post some new creator funding sources. Unfortunately, that means there probably won't be any updates until then.

I've learned a lot from this debacle, and I will do the next update a lot different.
Would you be able to use something like subscribestar? I'd imagine people would still be open to supporting even off Patreon

Hedylogos

Apr 9, 2022
Hey everyone.

Just an update... I have decided that I will continue work on this project but I will probably not have any updates here until the summer. Right now, I have to concentrate on my RL work and make some money, but I am continuing to develop my DAZ and Ren'py skills and I will continue to work on Whoremonger in my limited spare time.

Sometime in the summer (end of June'ish?) I plan on releasing the next ACT and I will also post some new creator funding sources. Unfortunately, that means there probably won't be any updates until then.

I've learned a lot from this debacle, and I will do the next update a lot different.
That's awesome news. I know is was a shitty thing that happened and I wish you nothing but the best. I will be looking forward to supporting in the future!

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Hey people,

Here it is, middle of summer, and I am sorry to say I think this game is - indeed - dead. I honestly just can't get any steam going on it, when I keep trying to circle back and work on the update. It's not all about what happened with patreon, although that is by far, the biggest reason I needed to step back. I also wasn't happy with the game structure, since it was very clunky how I changed to a sort-sandbox VN from originally trying to go full sandbox.

Over the last several months, I actually finished a SFW project, making 3D assets for some websites. Then I made a small Sci-Fi Ren'py game for my kid. So I have been keeping my Daz skills up and trying to improve on them. I'm also doing some work on the side to earn money, so time has been tight. In a month or so, I'll have more free time again.

So I decided to just let Whoremonger die for now and I am going to start a new project soon. It's been brewing in my head for weeks now, and today, I started a spreadsheet on the characters and will be working on a story & script this weekend. I'll then spend a lot more time designing the characters in DAZ because I want them to be realistic and unique as possible. (And this time, I won't fucking lose the eyebrows like I did with this MC! ROFL!) When I have the character models nailed down, I will post a preview in this thread with some details on what story I want to try.

I'm pissed at myself for letting this game die, but honestly, I couldn't do a good job with it now - not after the crap that happened. When I launch this next project though, I'm not going to leave anything up to chance. It will be on SS and other non-Patreon crowdsourcing.

Sorry for the disappointment to those that were hoping this game would continue, but I will take it as a life lesson and roll that into a better one next time.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Hey people,

Here it is, middle of summer, and I am sorry to say I think this game is - indeed - dead. I honestly just can't get any steam going on it, when I keep trying to circle back and work on the update. It's not all about what happened with patreon, although that is by far, the biggest reason I needed to step back. I also wasn't happy with the game structure, since it was very clunky how I changed to a sort-sandbox VN from originally trying to go full sandbox.

Over the last several months, I actually finished a SFW project, making 3D assets for some websites. Then I made a small Sci-Fi Ren'py game for my kid. So I have been keeping my Daz skills up and trying to improve on them. I'm also doing some work on the side to earn money, so time has been tight. In a month or so, I'll have more free time again.

So I decided to just let Whoremonger die for now and I am going to start a new project soon. It's been brewing in my head for weeks now, and today, I started a spreadsheet on the characters and will be working on a story & script this weekend. I'll then spend a lot more time designing the characters in DAZ because I want them to be realistic and unique as possible. (And this time, I won't fucking lose the eyebrows like I did with this MC! ROFL!) When I have the character models nailed down, I will post a preview in this thread with some details on what story I want to try.

I'm pissed at myself for letting this game die, but honestly, I couldn't do a good job with it now - not after the crap that happened. When I launch this next project though, I'm not going to leave anything up to chance. It will be on SS and other non-Patreon crowdsourcing.

Sorry for the disappointment to those that were hoping this game would continue, but I will take it as a life lesson and roll that into a better one next time.
It's sad, but life has a way of getting in the way. If you ever go into adult games again with a new project, good luck.

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
a shame, i enjoyed the story a lot. was really hoping for a nice revenge scheme to get back at the cheating ex wife and her lover after they teamed up to land him in jail. he learned some nice revenge skills there and made some friends that would be all in on helping him get said revenge..oh well. good luck with your next project.

Reactions: HexMex

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
a shame, i enjoyed the story a lot. was really hoping for a nice revenge scheme to get back at the cheating ex wife and her lover after they teamed up to land him in jail. he learned some nice revenge skills there and made some friends that would be all in on helping him get said revenge..oh well. good luck with your next project.
I can't share too much right now, but the story I am working on will have some similar revenge style content. It will also be more "family" orientated, but rather than the usual family harem games that you see on here so much, this story will have characters that, while related, have a lot of tension between them... some of them even hating each other. This will lead to some interesting situations.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
This was a really good game.
So, while I'm sad it's dead
I wish you good luck in your next game dev.
I will definitely check it out.

Apr 27, 2023
How far can you get in the game?

I have rechead a point where the character repeatedly goes through days and nothing happens, he starts the day and the only choice in evening is to go to bed or visit April, which is just a cafe scene. Is this a bug, is there some real sorta ending or note that "you've reached end of content"?

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Hey people,

Just a note that I dropped a new Preview today.

My new story is called A Dark Horse Riding and I made sure I did things quite a bit different this time. I'll be sticking with this one for now, but when I am done working on that, I still hope to circle back to this project and give it a reboot. (*fingers crossed*)

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
Hey people,

Just a note that I dropped a new Preview today.

My new story is called A Dark Horse Riding and I made sure I did things quite a bit different this time. I'll be sticking with this one for now, but when I am done working on that, I still hope to circle back to this project and give it a reboot. (*fingers crossed*)
great to see you back here Turning Tricks. will check out your new game, and certainly hope you can give Whoremonger a reboot. perhaps stay away from the sandbox style though? i think your game doesn't need sandbox. regular VNs are much easier to play through without having to look around for quests and things to do in sandbox mode. think there will be many people that would agree with me on that. however, ultimately since you create the games, its up to you. welcome back.

Reactions: Turning Tricks

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Sad to see this game gone, i kind of enjoyed the story tbh. Hopefully you'll remake this at some point Turning Tricks, it would be sad to see this game completely gone, even if it would take to actually for you to return to it.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I dropped the new version of Whoremonger just now. It should be promoted on the Front Page soon.

Thanks for being patient everyone. I hated walking away from this story as I really enjoyed working on it and I am very happy to be back on it again, finally!

Just a couple of notes...

1. Even if you played the old Act 1 recently, I still recommend playing this new NTE version. It's much better constructed and flows so much better. Gone are any attempts at a (bad) sandbox. This is pure VN and I am slowly learning how to use more and more of Ren'Py's tricks to make the story dynamic. It's not Kinetic though... you have to make choices and there's paths with most of the primary LI's that will lead you down forks with different content. In the final Act, I plan on at least 4 possible endings, depending on the paths you choose.

2. No more patch BS - This is a story with family themes. You can block almost every character from Lewd content though, and that let's you, the player, construct the fantasy you want to enjoy. The only exceptions are with a couple of the main characters, who's content is Canon.

3. Even though this is still Whoremonger and uses the same characters and much of the original core story, it's a totally new VN. So your old saves will not even show up, let alone work. Don't bother trying to copy the files over either... that will probably just crash the game. I basically re-coded the whole game (over 19,000 lines of code!)

4. Finally, with this project, I will be providing it to my subscribers first, for a week or two, then dropping it here. I didn't wait with this version though, as you guys have waited for more than a year already and I wanted to get this out to you!

If you like this game, and want to help support development, please consider subbing to a tier on SubscribeStar or purchasing this from itch. You get a walkthrough as a bonus, if you do, and early access on the next update of Whoremonger, as well as my new project Dark Horse Riding.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I dropped the new version of Whoremonger just now. It should be promoted on the Front Page soon.

Thanks for being patient everyone. I hated walking away from this story as I really enjoyed working on it and I am very happy to be back on it again, finally!

Just a couple of notes...

1. Even if you played the old Act 1 recently, I still recommend playing this new NTE version. It's much better constructed and flows so much better. Gone are any attempts at a (bad) sandbox. This is pure VN and I am slowly learning how to use more and more of Ren'Py's tricks to make the story dynamic. It's not Kinetic though... you have to make choices and there's paths with most of the primary LI's that will lead you down forks with different content. In the final Act, I plan on at least 4 possible endings, depending on the paths you choose.

2. No more patch BS - This is a story with family themes. You can block almost every character from Lewd content though, and that let's you, the player, construct the fantasy you want to enjoy. The only exceptions are with a couple of the main characters, who's content is Canon.

3. Even though this is still Whoremonger and uses the same characters and much of the original core story, it's a totally new VN. So your old saves will not even show up, let alone work. Don't bother trying to copy the files over either... that will probably just crash the game. I basically re-coded the whole game (over 19,000 lines of code!)

4. Finally, with this project, I will be providing it to my subscribers first, for a week or two, then dropping it here. I didn't wait with this version though, as you guys have waited for more than a year already and I wanted to get this out to you!

If you like this game, and want to help support development, please consider subbing to a tier on SubscribeStar or purchasing this from itch. You get a walkthrough as a bonus, if you do, and early access on the next update of Whoremonger, as well as my new project Dark Horse Riding.
I thought this game was gone forever.
This is great news.

Thank you for letting us know.
Goodluck with the rest of the development mate.

4.50 star(s) 24 Votes