• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

UPDATE: Frustration, Stress, Worry and Apologies… - August 26, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

PLEASE… READ THIS TO IT’S CONCLUSION, AS THERE IS AN IMPORTANT CHOICE FOR YOU TO MAKE AT THE END OF THIS!!!

Have you ever had a time in your life, that you seem to be going nowhere and all that you are doing is barely holding on? That precise moment when it seems that life is only interested in repeatedly kicking you in the nutsack whenever you try to make any kind of headway?

If you haven’t, my dear friends, take it from me, consider yourself fortunate.

I… not-so-much.

Lately, my entire freaking existence these past few months seem to be an endless number of apologies from me to you as I feverishly toil and work on this damn chapter and try to hit one deadline, after the next that I set for myself to get this game into your hands.

While it looks great, according to the testers and people who’ve sampled it to make sure that I am doing it right, this stupid thing is HUGE!!

TOO HUGE!!

In reality and perspective, it would be like me trying to release Chapter Four, parts 1-5 of “Wicked Choices: Book One” to in ONE MONTH… but also with animation as well.

Honestly, I don’t know what I was thinking by trying this… except I wanted to give to you the very best that I could give, something to WOW you with, something that might surprise and encourage others to give us a shot and become our patrons… and all I seem to be doing is working my ass off, day after day and apologizing from one week to the next as I scramble to get this thing freaking DONE!

I entertained the idea of providing to all of you what we have done thus far (which is a CRAPLOAD), but releasing it half-assed and unfinished would take away from the experience I wanted to give to you by doing this…

…I am exhausted, tired, frustrated… and I am sick to death of only apologizing to you week after freaking week.

AND… and, just when I think that LIFE couldn’t get any suckier for me… LIFE pulls back her foot and delivers another wonderful kick… right into the testicles!!

Case in POINT

Returning home from work on Friday the 16th, the wife comes home and tells me that she thinks she needs to go to the hospital… that her female parts were bleeding a lot.

So, I save what I am working on, put the computer in sleep mode and spend the next 9 hours with her in the emergency room… when all of the tests are completed, we get the news we didn’t expect and, honestly, needed several days to kind of digest…

…that during the ultrasound, they discovered that there was a large “mass” in the left adnexal region abutting the left aspect of the uterus measuring at least 8x6x6 cm in size…

I am the one in the family that is FUBAR… disabled, broken, falling apart from degenerative spinal disease… my wife has been my ROCK, the one who cares for me after every damn surgery that the doctors perform to make sure that I can keep walking, talking and breathing… the person, with whom I love MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF is in TROUBLE and I’ve never been more scared in my ENTIRE FREAKING LIFE!!!!

Those who are my brothers-in-arms, here, know that I’ve faced some screwed up stuff overseas… that I’ve done and seen things that would truly frighten any man… but NEVER IN MY LIFE, even when I thought that I might’ve had prostate cancer last year, have I EVER been as frightened as I was when we got that news and as I am right now!

Me… I know, even when we thought that I might’ve had cancer, that the disease that I have will have me going the way of the dinosaur ‘before my time’… as callous as it may sound, I am good with that, prepared for it… been anticipating it happening, as has the wife… but NEVER ever, ever, EVER considered a scenario that would possibly have my wife leave before me!

It was an incalculable equation that I never considered or thought possible.

But… here we are.

So, the past week, we’ve been seeing a lot of doctors and she’s been undergoing a lot of tests and she is scheduled for an MRI and CT Scan on this Thursday. The blood panels that her OBGYN ran, specifically for cancer, THANKFULLY has come back mostly normal with only a slight elevation on one of the markers… we will know more on Friday, after her scans and have heard back from the doctor…

I am NOT telling all of you this as an EXCUSE… I am STILL working on the game, both Sierra3 and Epadder can attest to the fact that I am… right now, as freaking frustrated as I am with this damn chapter, it is perhaps the only thing right now that is keeping me somewhat sane and hovering over my wife, nervously wringing my hands in fear and worry, when she gets home from work.

NOR am I telling you this as a SOB STORY to ask for handouts… the wife has a GOOD job, with time saved up and when it comes time to remove whatever the frack this is from her, our insurance will cover it and her job will keep some money coming into the household.

THE REASON, I AM TELLING YOU THIS IS… because you have a CHOICE

Chapter Two” of the prologue to AoaCB WILL be coming out… but it won’t likely be till sometime in September at least… it is NOW August 26, 2019 and soon Patreon is going to start CHARGING all of you for the next month…

I am not going to LIE… I count on the money that I make here and so does Epadder and Sierra3, so pausing the support here, while I am still working on this game and all of this crap is going on is NOT an option for me… SO, I am going to leave it up to YOU if you wish to remain a supporter of ours!!

IF you wish to leave, I will understand and NO HARD FEELINGS!!

I PROMISE YOU that I will deliver “Chapter Two” to EVERYONE who has been supporting us these past few months since the release of “Chapter One” so you will STILL get the next chapter even if you wish to cancel your pledge… I made a PROMISE to you that I would deliver it and I WILL keep that promise!!!!

For those that choose to stay with us, I SINCERELY appreciate it and, again, apologize for constantly seeming to beg your forgiveness for what seems like forever now… I appreciate you and your continued support and we won’t let you down and will keep grinding away on this story till its conclusion and beyond (God willing).

Thank you everyone and I, PLEASE, ask that you keep my wife in your thoughts, prayers or send positive vibes… she and I can use them right now.

Time for me to get back to work…

~Jack
I think I know you long enough, to know even when your doing all you can and some "normal" life shit say hello again and your late because of "this", first you do is post something like this.
The thing that goes through my head right know: Do I care about WC? Yes, I do. I care enough that I will stay and that you, Jack, can do what is important right now. Stay, care and be the rock to your wife that she has been for you. I seriously don't know if I would care about the game right know if I was in your shoes.
So take your time, do what you must and what helps yourself and your wife. I believe and hope that you both can show life the middle finger after all this shit has made a turn for the better. So my best wishes to both of you and we can talk about this game later.

And for all of you that would think about the same old "milking" patreons. First he has done a bad job on this, sure he made his ETA and is behind them, but he keep us posted and informend and hasn't promised us the moon. Evertime he has made a similar post he always written that is your choice if you want to continue the support for him or not.
So all of you, decide for yourself, but don't use some bullshit like "he is milking us".

I'm not amused and I would be absolute happy about if chapter 2 was released, but it isn't - and I mean the real chapter 2, not some hasted variant of it. But at the end life is a bitch and we all don't know what life has in store for us. So Jack, the only ways you can make me to abandon my support for your game is either you abandon it or you has a seroius drop of quality.

And to end this post, as written before, my best wishes to you and your wife.

Last edited:

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
I said in another topic for another game that better people seem to keep getting crapped on by life (and included that I also did, but that I wasnt one of those better people)
Atleast two Devs I can think of that deserve kudos have both been dealt bad hands in the last year or so, ZZ, and ASLPRO3D, literally in ZZ's case.
Sadly we now have to add your wife to that list (doubled up now, as she has already been through so much by your side), she has been your rock, now as c3p0 has stated you be hers.
Many devs wouldn't keep people up to date like this, Id say most people that have supported you would like to keep doing so, even if its with kind words (In the case of those with little finances).
Take your time, hopefully it turns out to be something easily fixed with no side effects.
It was good to hear what it probably isnt, atleast they are getting some things out of the way.

I hope it gets cleared up quickly so she doesnt have to endure it, and that its the end of the troubles, you've had enough to deal with for a few lifetimes, hopefully when it is dealt with the proverb below can apply from then on.

So here goes ancient proverb badly translated...
May an eagle perch on a pine tree outside your window
[Translation of the meaning] May you live a long life, and an enjoyable one

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Big(though, gentle) hug for da missus. May this pass,for both of you, as simply and peacefully as is at all possible. Both of the previous posts did a very excellent job of covering any intelligent responses I can/could share. I will reiterate the obvious, am proud and gladdened by your proclamation of our choice, but I must hang in until there is an end. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just take well care of her, lots of hugs, make her laugh when she needs and let her cry, scream or talk when she wants. Just make sure you also talk to someone when you need it. Good luck and godspeed. Hope the result on Friday will be better as hoped for.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thank you so much, you guys (c3p0, Haast, Wyrme and DA22)!!

I may need to take a bit of time off from the game, once she has her surgery... as the OBGYN has indicted that there is no way that he wants to leave whatever it is in her there. Depending on what it is, will depend on whether or not it will be done laparoscopically or if it is going to require that all of the 'plumbing' needs removal.

If it is done laparoscopic, the healing time is much quicker according to him (5-7 days), but if done... where everything is removed (the uterus and stuff) the healing time can be up to 6 weeks...

Regardless, I will still be working on the game when I can... as it will help to give me focus and, as I said, keep me from hovering over her while wringing my hands in fear and worry over her.

Work has always been my go-to friend whenever I am stressed, worried or upset... used to be drinking, but found that work is a better, more productive outlet... also keeps me more balanced and not as big of an asshole.

I'll keep everyone updated on her status whenever we have an update on her condition (which probably won't be till Friday after her MRI and CT on Thursday)... thank you so much, from the both of us, for your continued support, love and friendship... you all have been good friends to us for the last two years and we know, no matter what happens, we will always have you and the others here to count on to talk with and keep us stable!!

Much love,
~Jack and 'The Wife'

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
MRI_001.jpg

Weekly Status about the Game & the Wife – September 2, 2019

Welcome everyone, it’s that time of week again and can’t believe that it is already September!!

As you can see from the image above, the wife had her scans done on Saturday, they were originally scheduled to happen on Thursday, but her doctor had an emergency surgery to perform so it got postponed till Saturday…

Got to be honest, this wasn’t how we wanted any of you to experience the inside of my wife… instead, we’ve always planned that she would be one of the characters in the game that you would meet as the MC in “Wicked Choices: Book Two” and could romance and have all kinds of perverted fun with…

…not sure if that would be virtual NTR or cucking to me or not, never much thought of it till now… but it was always our plan to give hundreds of perverted guys (and girls) the ability to have their “wicked” way with a virtual representation of my wife… we thought it would be fun for you to find her in the game and let you have some fun with her!

Anyhow, back to the issue at hand… so, since the wife didn’t get her scans till Saturday, we now have to wait till after the holiday weekend (which she is trying to enjoy) to hear back from the doctor and get the results from him (particularly since no matter how hard I try, I can’t make sense out of the copy of scans that we got from the technician *sigh* or understand what the hell I am looking at).

So… now we wait…

…in the meantime, I haven’t been totally idle, been working with Epadder and Sierra3 (they honestly have been working harder in it than I’ve been right now) on the game and getting some of the artwork and stuff out of the way, while taking care of the wife and pampering her as much as I am able to…

…still, we can tell you that not only have we been working on the “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”, Epadder has been reworking “Wicked Choices: Book One” to match the new game system (programming and function calls) that we are using for “Adventures of a Changed Boy” to snap all of the pieces into place and make transfer of data from both “Wicked Choices: Book One” and the Prologue and Main Game of “Adventures of a Changed Boy” snap into “Wicked Choices: Book Two” without a hitch…

…which brings us to the final topic of the week…

After some much discussion with Epadder and Sierra3, while also taking into consideration the skills of both for the future of our “Wicked Choices” series (which also includes “Adventures of a Changed Boy”), we’ve decided to forego my original plan of moving the game and story to RPG Maker

Epadder has assured me, both vocally and with his talents, that we can do what I had intended to do in Ren’Py, so we are going through the process of putting the framework together to do it, in both “Wicked Choices: Book One” and in the current game of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”.

In short... the ENTIRE works of "Wicked Choices" (including "Adventures of a Changed Boy") will REMAIN and ONLY be done in Ren'Py!!!

Because of the reworking that is being done on “Wicked Choices: Book One” to meet the framework needs of labels, containers and other programming stuff, I have also been working on the renders that we need for the new release version of “Wicked Choices: Book One”, while also doing some work on “Chapter Two” of AoaCB caring for the wife.

Current status of the Retrofit of “Wicked Choices: Book One” is: The Prologue and Chapter’s 1-3 are completed and Epadder is currently working on LARGE Chapter 4 of it now, while I have been doing some of the renders that are needed and Sierra3 has been looking at and searching for music and sound for it.

I know a lot of you have already played through “Wicked Choices: Book One” multiple times and we will find a way so that you won’t have to do so again, when it comes to the Main Game of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”, but for those that do decide to play the Retrofit version, there will be some new goodies in it for you!!!

So stay tuned for more news about it… but, yeah, while it really hasn’t looked like we’ve been doing much on the Frontend of things, we HAVE been working and trying to make a game system that will showcase just how much your choices in these games make… and thanks to Epadder and Sierra3, I think that will be clearly demonstrated in both the Retrofit of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and “Chapter Two” to the Prologue of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”… so now, you WILL see a direct impact of your choices reflected in “Adventures of a Changed Boy” and the choices you make in that game is DEFINITELY going to affect the Antichrist for “Wicked Choices: Book Two”!!!

And the stuff that is going to happen… will knock your socks off!!

Anyhow, time for me to get back to work and then spend some time with the wife, we’ll talk soon and thank you to everyone who has stuck around with us and special thanks goes out to BILL EASTMAN and CLEVGO who upped their pledge last month to help cover for the patrons who did leave us and thanks to all of you for your outpouring of love and support… the wife and I, as well as, the team thank you and hope that you all have a GREAT week!!

With much love,

~Jack, the Wife and the whole team

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Weekly Status about the Game & the Wife – September 2, 2019

Welcome everyone, it’s that time of week again and can’t believe that it is already September!!

As you can see from the image above, the wife had her scans done on Saturday, they were originally scheduled to happen on Thursday, but her doctor had an emergency surgery to perform so it got postponed till Saturday…

Got to be honest, this wasn’t how we wanted any of you to experience the inside of my wife… instead, we’ve always planned that she would be one of the characters in the game that you would meet as the MC in “Wicked Choices: Book Two” and could romance and have all kinds of perverted fun with…

…not sure if that would be virtual NTR or cucking to me or not, never much thought of it till now… but it was always our plan to give hundreds of perverted guys (and girls) the ability to have their “wicked” way with a virtual representation of my wife… we thought it would be fun for you to find her in the game and let you have some fun with her!

Anyhow, back to the issue at hand… so, since the wife didn’t get her scans till Saturday, we now have to wait till after the holiday weekend (which she is trying to enjoy) to hear back from the doctor and get the results from him (particularly since no matter how hard I try, I can’t make sense out of the copy of scans that we got from the technician *sigh* or understand what the hell I am looking at).

So… now we wait…

…in the meantime, I haven’t been totally idle, been working with Epadder and Sierra3 (they honestly have been working harder in it than I’ve been right now) on the game and getting some of the artwork and stuff out of the way, while taking care of the wife and pampering her as much as I am able to…

…still, we can tell you that not only have we been working on the “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”, Epadder has been reworking “Wicked Choices: Book One” to match the new game system (programming and function calls) that we are using for “Adventures of a Changed Boy” to snap all of the pieces into place and make transfer of data from both “Wicked Choices: Book One” and the Prologue and Main Game of “Adventures of a Changed Boy” snap into “Wicked Choices: Book Two” without a hitch…

…which brings us to the final topic of the week…

After some much discussion with Epadder and Sierra3, while also taking into consideration the skills of both for the future of our “Wicked Choices” series (which also includes “Adventures of a Changed Boy”), we’ve decided to forego my original plan of moving the game and story to RPG Maker

Epadder has assured me, both vocally and with his talents, that we can do what I had intended to do in Ren’Py, so we are going through the process of putting the framework together to do it, in both “Wicked Choices: Book One” and in the current game of the Prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy”.

In short... the ENTIRE works of "Wicked Choices" (including "Adventures of a Changed Boy") will REMAIN and ONLY be done in Ren'Py!!!

Because of the reworking that is being done on “Wicked Choices: Book One” to meet the framework needs of labels, containers and other programming stuff, I have also been working on the renders that we need for the new release version of “Wicked Choices: Book One”, while also doing some work on “Chapter Two” of AoaCB caring for the wife.

Current status of the Retrofit of “Wicked Choices: Book One” is: The Prologue and Chapter’s 1-3 are completed and Epadder is currently working on LARGE Chapter 4 of it now, while I have been doing some of the renders that are needed and Sierra3 has been looking at and searching for music and sound for it.

I know a lot of you have already played through “Wicked Choices: Book One” multiple times and we will find a way so that you won’t have to do so again, when it comes to the Main Game of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”, but for those that do decide to play the Retrofit version, there will be some new goodies in it for you!!!

So stay tuned for more news about it… but, yeah, while it really hasn’t looked like we’ve been doing much on the Frontend of things, we HAVE been working and trying to make a game system that will showcase just how much your choices in these games make… and thanks to Epadder and Sierra3, I think that will be clearly demonstrated in both the Retrofit of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and “Chapter Two” to the Prologue of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”… so now, you WILL see a direct impact of your choices reflected in “Adventures of a Changed Boy” and the choices you make in that game is DEFINITELY going to affect the Antichrist for “Wicked Choices: Book Two”!!!

And the stuff that is going to happen… will knock your socks off!!

Anyhow, time for me to get back to work and then spend some time with the wife, we’ll talk soon and thank you to everyone who has stuck around with us and special thanks goes out to BILL EASTMAN and CLEVGO who upped their pledge last month to help cover for the patrons who did leave us and thanks to all of you for your outpouring of love and support… the wife and I, as well as, the team thank you and hope that you all have a GREAT week!!

With much love,

~Jack, the Wife and the whole team
Sad to hear the suspense is prolonged but hoping for good news for you and the wive. Be good and be strong.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sad to hear the suspense is prolonged but hoping for good news for you and the wive. Be good and be strong.
Thank you, my friend, will let everyone know when we hear something! (y)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Nice to hear it. Now I'm not only looking forward to chapter 2 of the prolog or book 2, but also book one. Also I'm curious how the flying bicycle of Epadder will work.:ROFLMAO:

As DA22 has written, I also hope for goods news for both of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

Sancrest

Jul 5, 2018
ASLPro3D I'm hoping for good news. It may cause a bit stress for your scans to get pushed farther in the week but it means whatever your wife has does not raise alarms yet. It is either easily curable or pretty harmless. Please I am talking from my own hospital experiences only (for 15 years I literally lived in a hospital because gramps and granny got cancer one after the other. r.i.p.)

On a side note your wife's insides look beautiful. :p I am pretty excited about doing things to her virtual representation... :p

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
From the scans I had of my shoulder years ago I can tell you the Lighter (White) something appears the more solid it is, eg: mine had a ridge of white where there wasnt meant to be any bones, turns out that was what has now become arthritis, but from those images I didnt really see any major out of place white, so hopefully it isnt too bad, like we all hope.
White solid, black not (more tissue / blood etc) unless ive been completely led off track, Tissue does come up kinda grey of-course when the scan is looking through more of it.

Best wishes to you both

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Nice to hear it. Now I'm not only looking forward to chapter 2 of the prolog or book 2, but also book one. Also I'm curious how the flying bicycle of Epadder will work.:ROFLMAO:

As DA22 has written, I also hope for goods news for both of you.
Yeah, I am looking forward to seeing "WC: B1" with the new framework and intend to talk to him a little bit about possibly adding some extra storyline in it... I can probably easily afford the time to do that right now, more than I can of all the work that really needs to still be done in "Chapter Two" of the Prologue to "AoaCB" because of what is going on with the wife.

I ran out of time when work on "Wicked Choices: Book One" and wasn't able to introduce Paige (the Antichrist's other daughter) like I wanted to do, so this retrofit might give me the ability to inject some additional content that I always wanted to add in... but really need to see from Epadder how easily it can be done (or if it can be done at all), but it sure would make playing the first game, YET AGAIN, a little easier for players to stomach if there is some additional content thrown in there. ;)

ASLPro3D I'm hoping for good news. It may cause a bit stress for your scans to get pushed farther in the week but it means whatever your wife has does not raise alarms yet. It is either easily curable or pretty harmless. Please I am talking from my own hospital experiences only (for 15 years I literally lived in a hospital because gramps and granny got cancer one after the other. r.i.p.)

On a side note your wife's insides look beautiful. :p I am pretty excited about doing things to her virtual representation... :p
Sorry to hear about your grandparents, Sancrest... I lost my big sis to the Big-C back in 2000-2001, which was difficult to witness and even more-so after seeing how it affected my nieces, brother-in-law, parents and family during and after... it was an experience I'd care not to have to relive again, even more with my wife.

I am holding out hope that this is just a cyst or something that can be easily dealt with, that I don't have to relive that time first hand like my brother-in-law had to... I would shoulder the burden for her, but it would break me.

I am excited to see (and possibly hear) about all of the "wicked" things that people decide to do with or to her in the game... see how many add her to the "harem/conquest" list and in what way that they do... :love:

From the scans I had of my shoulder years ago I can tell you the Lighter (White) something appears the more solid it is, eg: mine had a ridge of white where there wasnt meant to be any bones, turns out that was what has now become arthritis, but from those images I didnt really see any major out of place white, so hopefully it isnt too bad, like we all hope.
White solid, black not (more tissue / blood etc) unless ive been completely led off track, Tissue does come up kinda grey of-course when the scan is looking through more of it.

Best wishes to you both
Thanks Haast!! Yeah, I was able to pick out her uterus and bladder, as well as, her spine and spinal cord... but from the rest of the scans, it just looked like blobs to me... we will hear something this week in regard to the findings, as well as, how they will want to proceed... we just have our fingers crossed that it is something that can be taken care of quickly, isn't too invasive and life altering (or ending)...

Just holding on to hope till we find out.

Thanks for the well wishes and will pass them along to the wife as well! :)

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
ASLPro3D Epadder, do you think when you get done with the changes to book one you might be able to release the framework as a RenPy game engine? There are lots of devs working in RenPy now but they all have to create lots of important gameplay stuff from scratch as it is more a VN system.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
My good sir Jack, I have in my meanderings ran across a quote from a short story of one of our common authors of yore. One you may have or may not have seen in days gone by. It reminded me of you in an almost Dali(esque) kind of way. So, for a bit of levity, if I may(almost RHPS voice), I shall regurgitate it for you. "Kuranes(Jack) was not modern, and did not think like others who wrote. Whilst they strove to strip from life its embroidered robes of myth, and to shew in naked ugliness the foul thing that is reality, Kuranes sought for beauty alone. When truth and experience failed to reveal it, he sought it in fancy and illusion, and found it on his very doorstep, amid the nebulous memories of childhood tales and dreams." Though you see a 'darker' reality than master Lovecraft's protagonist(atleast it that point in the story :p ), the view askew to the 'social norm' had a very similar feel(also our discussions of your bygone approach to verbage :) ).

As always much love and comfort to the fairer half(you as well), and much cheerleading for the rest of the team!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
ASLPro3D Epadder, do you think when you get done with the changes to book one you might be able to release the framework as a RenPy game engine? There are lots of devs working in RenPy now but they all have to create lots of important gameplay stuff from scratch as it is more a VN system.
I have to be honest, Regardie , Re'Py doesn't quite work that way... RPG Maker and VN Maker (for its limits) kind of works that way and can be modded for use by other creators, but the way Ren'Py works, it requires the creator to know how to "label" things and spread them out through Python to make them work to a creator's specific needs.

You can use and share base code, which many of us do with one another, but Ren'Py requires everything to be hand coded to the creator's desires, rather than a drop and drag approach like RPGM or the limited ability VN Maker. :(

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
My good sir Jack, I have in my meanderings ran across a quote from a short story of one of our common authors of yore. One you may have or may not have seen in days gone by. It reminded me of you in an almost Dali(esque) kind of way. So, for a bit of levity, if I may(almost RHPS voice), I shall regurgitate it for you. "Kuranes(Jack) was not modern, and did not think like others who wrote. Whilst they strove to strip from life its embroidered robes of myth, and to shew in naked ugliness the foul thing that is reality, Kuranes sought for beauty alone. When truth and experience failed to reveal it, he sought it in fancy and illusion, and found it on his very doorstep, amid the nebulous memories of childhood tales and dreams." Though you see a 'darker' reality than master Lovecraft's protagonist(atleast it that point in the story :p ), the view askew to the 'social norm' had a very similar feel(also our discussions of your bygone approach to verbage :) ).

As always much love and comfort to the fairer half(you as well), and much cheerleading for the rest of the team!
Celephaïs!!!

Grew up on Lovecraft and Poe, so mayhaps that is how my vernacular is such as it is, my friend. Though, admittedly, I've toned it down some at the behest of others, lest I limit the stretch of the imagination and reach I seek to obtain in my objectives. Still, I have found that having flexibility in my verbiage, does lend to particular characters a dimensional existence that is unique to those others whose characters seem redundant and quite similar and banal in spoken discourse.

So, from time to time, it should be noted, that I will still lapse to my sorted ways and inject a word or phrase of uncommon provenance so that those, such as yourself, will perchance appreciate my endeavors just a little more than others. ;)

In addendum: The wife just called me a "little stinker", upon what I replied and told me to say "Hello" and "Thank you" to you. :LOL:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I have to be honest, Regardie , Re'Py doesn't quite work that way... RPG Maker and VN Maker (for its limits) kind of works that way and can be modded for use by other creators, but the way Ren'Py works, it requires the creator to know how to "label" things and spread them out through Python to make them work to a creator's specific needs.

You can use and share base code, which many of us do with one another, but Ren'Py requires everything to be hand coded to the creator's desires, rather than a drop and drag approach like RPGM or the limited ability VN Maker. :(
I was writing a reply to this and had a whole bunch of points to make and I threw it all away. My reason: even though the Ren'Py system is free, all the work that you do to make it into your game doesn't have to be free. I haven't looked into the license for Ren'Py, (mostly because I am lame and can't be bothered right now...) but it seems to support developing commercial products. So asking a developer to offer up the important bits that make their game work then seems unfair(?).

You are not creating Unreal engine or the like but you are trying to push the current engine in ways that might not have been envisioned when Ren'Py was created. This puts me in a weird place between wanting to make it easier for future developers to use your advances and protecting your intellectual property.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes