3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I have too many crap to read, watch, play and do... I need three or four clones.
Well, if I go from myself, I don't envy the world if is there more than one of me there. I also would probably then play more games against my own self than I'm doing now - currently zero, but that doesn't make change my statement. ;)
So I doub I would gain much time with this.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and Haast

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu01.png

UPDATE: Chapter Two Status – January 17, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hi everyone, hope this finds you well and sorry that I was quiet for a bit… wanted to get a good chunk of the work that needed to be done for “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” done and assemble them so you can see the work that we are doing first hand.

As previously mentioned, after coming off the pain meds and the REMASTERS that we did and returning to the work that needs to be completed for “Chapter Two”, I had realized that… in my drug-induced-pain-killer-haze… I had forgotten about a very important scene that needs to be at the end of that chapter (NO SPOILERS… you’ll understand when you get to it), which meant the Sprites that I had done previously needs to go in the next chapter and needed to jump on doing the Sprites for the scene I had forgot about.

Although it took me a little bit of time, I managed to get the 3,240 sprite renders done for the two characters that will be in that scene… yeah, you heard right… 3,240 renders… that’s 1,620 renders PER CHARACTER just for the Sprites!

I know, sounds insane… and it IS an insane amount of work, but when we mentioned that we were going to start switching to Sprites for the dialogue sections of the game, there were many of you who were worried that there wouldn’t be a ton of variation… we understood this concern, as that has always been a problem for me when playing games that utilizes Sprites as well.

So, if you give me a little bit of your time, let me explain what you can expect when it comes to us using Sprites in our games going forward… and… why so many.

OK… first up, we decided to go with 3x18 Dialogue Sprite Poses (so, 18 Face Forward poses, 18 Face Left poses & 18 Face Right poses) per Character and per Character Outfit (or various stages of undress and even nudes) and/or Character Status (like hair styles, breast enhancement, etc.) change.

Within each of the 3x18 Dialogue Sprite Poses, there are 10 Facial Emotion Poses (such as Happy, Angry, Normal, Disgusted, etc.) and within each of those 10 Facial Emotion Poses there are 3 mouth variations for each emotion (varying degrees in which the mouth is open for dialogue).

Which all totals 1,620 renders per character outfit/character status!

Let me show you how it looks, just using ONE emotion and mouth variation for each pose, using our Valkyrie character “Brynhildr” who will be in the start of the Sprite use at the end of “Chapter Two” that we’ll be releasing, starting with her FACE FORWARD poses…

bryn_faceforeward.png

…and here are her FACE LEFT poses…

bryn_faceleft.png

…and, finally, here are her FACE RIGHT poses…

bryn_faceright.png

If you notice, we can’t do something so simple as MIRRORING the FACE LEFT and FACE RIGHT poses, because she wouldn’t look right or like her character if we did… one because of her tribal markings are Please keep in mind, I reduced the size of the poses to 40% so that I could fit them all on the image which is the game window size… also, as you probably noticed, we didn’t cheat and just MIRROR the FACE LEFT poses and made FACE RIGHT poses from them… simply because if we did that, it wouldn’t really look like the character… because her tribal markings on her LEFT SIDE are different as those on her RIGHT SIDE, as well as the way her hair sweeps on her LEFT SIDE than on her RIGHT SIDE… so, just taking her FACE LEFT Sprites and mirroring them in a photo/art program wouldn’t look right… and it would come off as cheap looking and lazy!

While the poses are mirrored, each one is rendered separately so that the character looks like the character you see and are familiar with on each side… more work, yes, but worth it in design and character familiarity.

Also… with each pose, there is also a slight variation of that pose as shown here using three different poses as an example and at full size…

bryn_shy01.png

So that when the scene is assembled during in-game dialogue with another character, it could look a little something like this (except they wouldn’t be side by side like this, they would be overlaid where the first pose is)…

bryn_shy02.png

Just the slight turn of the head and neck, with a different expression adds a little more quality that will provide good variation in Sprite use in dialogues… and I am sure you can imagine such use during a situation where a character is asked to… say… get undressed. *wink*

And, as mentioned before… while it is a LOT of work on the front end for me to do these Character Sprites, now that these sprites are done… I will never have to do them again for “Brynhildr” while she wears that outfit… this will eventually free me up BIG TIME to just focus on dramatic and sex scene renders when it comes to the Main Games, once those Character Sprites have been rendered and so long as the character doesn’t change their look or outfit.

Additionally, while the Secondary Characters like “Brynhildr” has 3x18 poses… the Main Characters of Emi, Claire and William/Billie will have 3x20 poses per their Sprites… due to things that they will be doing that the other characters won’t be.

Anyhow… I got the 3,240 Character Sprites of “Brynhildr” and “Karma” done and this week I’ll be returning to doing the rest of the storyline artwork/animation that is in “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” … this will also be the last chapter that will utilize a crap ton of animation…

…long story short… expect our production release schedule to be a lot quicker with the start of “Chapter Three” … I will not be overreaching like I did with this chapter ever again and with Sprites, once they are done, will speed a lot of things up as the story progresses!

Time for me to get back to work here!

Please take care, have a really good week and as always, thank you SO MUCH for the continued love and support you’ve shown us!!

Sincerely,
Jack & Crew

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I know, sounds insane… and it IS an insane amount of work, but when we mentioned that we were going to start switching to Sprites for the dialogue sections of the game, there were many of you who were worried that there wouldn’t be a ton of variation… we understood this concern, as that has always been a problem for me when playing games that utilizes Sprites as well.
I know and I also stated what I see what could be the challenges with this apprach, as have done before other times. Almost always not because I think you would do that, but voice to my concerns, so you could address them.
…long story short… expect our production release schedule to be a lot quicker with the start of “Chapter Three” … I will not be overreaching like I did with this chapter ever again and with Sprites, once they are done, will speed a lot of things up as the story progresses!
I toast to that.
Please take care, have a really good week and as always, thank you SO MUCH for the continued love and support you’ve shown us!!
Your are welcome, as I said times and times already.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
So this is a side story, I wonder when we will get the Book 2, picking up at the church with our "antihero"?

Reactions: ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So this is a side story, I wonder when we will get the Book 2, picking up at the church with our "antihero"?
Hard to answer for everyone, it is a full fledged game in the Wicked Choices universe that will have a direct influence on book 2 and three and also functions as the introduction of many of the factions and characters that will play a role in the rest of the saga. On the other hand it does not focus directly on The MC of book 2 and 3, so whether it is a side game or integral part of the saga I will leave up to you to decide for yourself. There is something to say for both points of view.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And to add something to DA22 answer. Book two will begin after "Agents of Karma" has ended. I do not see that Jack could develop more than one game at the time, at least for now.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
OK, that was the answers I was looking for. I guess I am a little impatient to get back to the story I was fully engaged in. I have started playing this and I can see how they are setting up pieces for the rest of the series.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
OK, that was the answers I was looking for. I guess I am a little impatient to get back to the story I was fully engaged in. I have started playing this and I can see how they are setting up pieces for the rest of the series.
While it isn't the Antichrist that you will be playing, it is definitely the continuation of the story... as DA22 stated, there is one other faction (the human faction) that needs to be revealed, as well as, the Gaian faction... each will have their own desires and intentions for the Antichrist... which this part will reveal to the players, so when you go back to being the Antichrist and Lynara, you'll know who's who and why. ;)

Reactions: c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
After the question about when Book 2 will be release, let me ask about the "content" about Book 2. If you don't want to reveal something from Book 2 I understand you Jack and will blame you accordingly.:devilish::ROFLMAO::devilish:

As I understand we will play again as the Antichrist and try to clean up our own mess, the mess we have created in Agent of Karma and all the other things that happen when the shit hits the fan.

In Book One, we played the Antichrist as well as Lynara. In Agent of Karma, we play as Claire, William/Billie and Emi. So do we play any other character beside our Antichrist?
Also, as asked before, for Agents of Karma. We can choose who we follow. If we play each story, will we have 3 save or will that be combined into one?:sneaky:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
After the question about when Book 2 will be release, let me ask about the "content" about Book 2. If you don't want to reveal something from Book 2 I understand you Jack and will blame you accordingly.:devilish::ROFLMAO::devilish:

As I understand we will play again as the Antichrist and try to clean up our own mess, the mess we have created in Agent of Karma and all the other things that happen when the shit hits the fan.

In Book One, we played the Antichrist as well as Lynara. In Agent of Karma, we play as Claire, William/Billie and Emi. So do we play any other character beside our Antichrist?
Also, as asked before, for Agents of Karma. We can choose who we follow. If we play each story, will we have 3 save or will that be combined into one?:sneaky:
Not going to reveal any of the storyline to WC:B2... will talk about the features, but not the storyline... it will spoil some things about "Agents of Karma".

In "Agents of Karma" you do not play as Claire, William/Billie and/or Emi... you play as yourself and influence or will create the situations that they will experience while playing the game. ;)

So, in the Wicked Choices universe there are only 3 characters that you play as...

1.) The Antichrist
2.) Princess Lynara
3.) Yourself

We don't know yet, how the saves are going to stack in one, or stack separately... Epadder will be working on that.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu02.png

UPDATE: Status of “Chapter Two” & Poll – January 23, 2021

Hi everyone, I trust that you all had a nice week and are enjoying your weekend… it’s that time again, where we provide you with an UPDATE and also have a REQUEST for YOUR HELP!

First of all, you’ll notice that there are links attached here to three .MP4 files… and once you’ve read this little update, I ask that you take a moment to view them… and would like you to participate in the POLL in regards to them after you've read this.

You see, after doing a Sprite Demo Test to see how things would look IN-GAME, an issue immediately rose to our attention… when doing all of the Dialogue Image Sprites like I did, I rendered all of the Sprites with the character’s in various degrees of talking, like I should’ve… but I didn’t do ANY where the mouth was closed and with the character LISTENING to the other person talk!!!

As such, my week was spent creating and rendering an additional 1,080 (540x2) Dialogue Sprites for Karma and Brynhildr’s scene at the end of “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”, plus an additional 108 Side-Image Sprites necessary for the rest of the chapter.

So, now, instead of there being 1,620 renders for each character, as before; each character will now have a total of 2,160 renders (which will include the additional 540 mouth closed renders that have been added to each one)!

Some of you may be wondering, why so many for just a mouth closed, why not just do one that would be a default mouth closed and, to be honest, we thought the same thing… but also realized that let’s say a person and YOU are having a heated discussion or argument with each other… when you are listening to the person talking to you, while angry (happy, sad, etc.) your face doesn’t go slack and void of any emotion… no, if you are ticked off, you may not be saying anything, but your face still shows that you are ticked off!

Long story short, we did 1 mouth closed render for each of the 10 emotions that are in the 18 poses per direction of the character, for a total of an additional 540 renders per character sprite… so, this week was spent doing all of those and getting all 1,188 additional and needed renders done.

If you take a look at the “ ” attached to this post, you will see how the game would look during the previous way we did the Dialogue Sprites, without the “mouth closed” additions added to it…

In the example “ ” attached to this post, you’ll now see how the game will look with the mouth closed Dialogue Sprites added in the example conversation, making it easier to see and tell who is actually talking and who isn’t in the scene.

Finally, in the example “ ” attached to this post, you’ll see the same scene as “sprite_test02.mp4” but this time with “Side Image Sprites” turned on… and this is where YOU and the POLL comes in!!

In the examples between “sprite_test02.mp4” and “sprite_test03.mp4” which do you like better? The one with the Side Image Sprites TURNED ON or the one with the Side Image Sprites TURNED OFF?

Just so you know, having either way doesn’t add additional work or time to our production, since Epadder designed it to work automatically based on the Dialogue Image Sprite used by each character… it is a simple feature that we can either “turn on/off” for dialogues… but want to leave it up to you if we have it turned on or not.

The choice is up to you, so let the voting begin!

We hope that you will take the time and share with us your thoughts on this and will be getting back this week on finishing the story renders (like I had originally planned to do this week, before getting side-tracked).

Take care and talk soon!!

~Jack & Crew

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

UPDATE: Status of “Chapter Two” & Poll – January 23, 2021

Hi everyone, I trust that you all had a nice week and are enjoying your weekend… it’s that time again, where we provide you with an UPDATE and also have a REQUEST for YOUR HELP!

First of all, you’ll notice that there are links attached here to three .MP4 files… and once you’ve read this little update, I ask that you take a moment to view them… and would like you to participate in the POLL in regards to them after you've read this.

You see, after doing a Sprite Demo Test to see how things would look IN-GAME, an issue immediately rose to our attention… when doing all of the Dialogue Image Sprites like I did, I rendered all of the Sprites with the character’s in various degrees of talking, like I should’ve… but I didn’t do ANY where the mouth was closed and with the character LISTENING to the other person talk!!!

As such, my week was spent creating and rendering an additional 1,080 (540x2) Dialogue Sprites for Karma and Brynhildr’s scene at the end of “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”, plus an additional 108 Side-Image Sprites necessary for the rest of the chapter.

So, now, instead of there being 1,620 renders for each character, as before; each character will now have a total of 2,160 renders (which will include the additional 540 mouth closed renders that have been added to each one)!

Some of you may be wondering, why so many for just a mouth closed, why not just do one that would be a default mouth closed and, to be honest, we thought the same thing… but also realized that let’s say a person and YOU are having a heated discussion or argument with each other… when you are listening to the person talking to you, while angry (happy, sad, etc.) your face doesn’t go slack and void of any emotion… no, if you are ticked off, you may not be saying anything, but your face still shows that you are ticked off!

Long story short, we did 1 mouth closed render for each of the 10 emotions that are in the 18 poses per direction of the character, for a total of an additional 540 renders per character sprite… so, this week was spent doing all of those and getting all 1,188 additional and needed renders done.

If you take a look at the “sprite_test01.mp4” attached to this post, you will see how the game would look during the previous way we did the Dialogue Sprites, without the “mouth closed” additions added to it…

In the example “sprite_test02.mp4” attached to this post, you’ll now see how the game will look with the mouth closed Dialogue Sprites added in the example conversation, making it easier to see and tell who is actually talking and who isn’t in the scene.

Finally, in the example “sprite_test03.mp4” attached to this post, you’ll see the same scene as “sprite_test02.mp4” but this time with “Side Image Sprites” turned on… and this is where YOU and the POLL comes in!!

In the examples between “sprite_test02.mp4” and “sprite_test03.mp4” which do you like better? The one with the Side Image Sprites TURNED ON or the one with the Side Image Sprites TURNED OFF?

Just so you know, having either way doesn’t add additional work or time to our production, since Epadder designed it to work automatically based on the Dialogue Image Sprite used by each character… it is a simple feature that we can either “turn on/off” for dialogues… but want to leave it up to you if we have it turned on or not.

The choice is up to you, so let the voting begin!

We hope that you will take the time and share with us your thoughts on this and will be getting back this week on finishing the story renders (like I had originally planned to do this week, before getting side-tracked).

Take care and talk soon!!

~Jack & Crew
Ok... I am not an artist so forgive me for oversimplifying things. Seems to me like difference between 1 and 2 is that in 1 the character not speaking has their mouth open and in second it has their mouth closed.

While overall 2 seems more natural, this is a bit misleading. It really depends on the "pace" of the conversation. When the conversation is slow, or one character has long dialogue before the other is speaking the character listening closes their mouth. But for heated or very fast conversation, you may see that characters don't get to close their mouth before they speak again.

That is the main difference of feeling I get from 1 and 2. If I were you, I would use a mixed of the two depending on the mood you are trying to set up.

The difference that I see with 3 is that you have included the sprites for the person talking. I personally dislike this, as it destroys part of the immersion for me having the same character unnaturally depicted twice. It seems to make even less sense in yours for two reasons, the strong approach to story and the fact that you created so many different sprites for each character. That should be more than enough to convey feelings.

So I would discard the sprite next to the character, and would do a mixture of 1 and 2 depending on the mood you are trying to set. Probably all conversations have a little of both.

Again, though, I am not an artist.. just your friendly neighborhood chocolate vampire. But those are my feelings.

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Ok... I am not an artist so forgive me for oversimplifying things. Seems to me like difference between 1 and 2 is that in 1 the character not speaking has their mouth open and in second it has their mouth closed.

While overall 2 seems more natural, this is a bit misleading. It really depends on the "pace" of the conversation. When the conversation is slow, or one character has long dialogue before the other is speaking the character listening closes their mouth. But for heated or very fast conversation, you may see that characters don't get to close their mouth before they speak again.

That is the main difference of feeling I get from 1 and 2. If I were you, I would use a mixed of the two depending on the mood you are trying to set up.
I definitely agree and will likely be doing that in the cases where one character is trying to talk over another character... for example when the Antichrist finally learns and confronts his wife (or whenever they have an onscreen bitch-fest and starts ragging on him) ... or in the case of the Gaian's holding a meeting in regard to how to deal with the Antichrist (some will want him dead and will try to press that fact during the debate)...

Still though, the mouth closed poses needed to be created to make conversations more natural IMHO and in case we ever decide to do more animation, having the dialogue sprites capable of opening and closing their mouths while talking is a bonus! ;)

The difference that I see with 3 is that you have included the sprites for the person talking. I personally dislike this, as it destroys part of the immersion for me having the same character unnaturally depicted twice. It seems to make even less sense in yours for two reasons, the strong approach to story and the fact that you created so many different sprites for each character. That should be more than enough to convey feelings.

So I would discard the sprite next to the character, and would do a mixture of 1 and 2 depending on the mood I am trying to set. Probably all conversations have a little of both.
Noted and you present some really good reasons for your position on it... which is why I wanted to get people's feedback on it. Personally, I was leaning towards using the side-image sprites, but your point is pretty valid and I hadn't considered that... which is good that I am asking people for their thoughts!! :unsure:

PS: I am not an artist either... I am a writer, who prefers to paint his world with words... but I'm currently stuck in both roles in this game. :cautious:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I tend to agree with Ayhsel to 100%.
The 3rd variante is the one I prefer. Yet, as he have written, somethimes both mouths open have a point.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I would go with the option 2 as I don't think I need a second sprite head on to know what is going on since the character's name is part of the dialog box. But as a concession to those who might like to see the sprites, could you make it an option that the player could turn on and off themselves?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Also not a huge fan of extra images everywhere. As has been said, there's a dialogue box with a name above it. People get confused...well...what can you say? lol.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I definitely agree and will likely be doing that in the cases where one character is trying to talk over another character... for example when the Antichrist finally learns and confronts his wife (or whenever they have an onscreen bitch-fest and starts ragging on him) ... or in the case of the Gaian's holding a meeting in regard to how to deal with the Antichrist (some will want him dead and will try to press that fact during the debate)...

Still though, the mouth closed poses needed to be created to make conversations more natural IMHO and in case we ever decide to do more animation, having the dialogue sprites capable of opening and closing their mouths while talking is a bonus! ;)

Noted and you present some really good reasons for your position on it... which is why I wanted to get people's feedback on it. Personally, I was leaning towards using the side-image sprites, but your point is pretty valid and I hadn't considered that... which is good that I am asking people for their thoughts!! :unsure:

PS: I am not an artist either... I am a writer, who prefers to paint his world with words... but I'm currently stuck in both roles in this game. :cautious:
Jack this has left me thinking. I read that it according to you:

which leads me to believe that it can potentially be left as an option in the settings? If turn on: appears, if turn off, does not appear or simply all such sprites are replace by a fully transparent sprite or something?

As always the option to choose has to be more valued than having one or the other as each can pick their own PROVIDED creating such choice is not too costly in terms of coding.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu03.png

UPDATE: Work, Rendering, Plotting & Writing – January 30, 2021

Hello everyone and I hope that this finds you all well and that you had a good week and are enjoying your weekend.

Things have been pretty busy over here and want to fill you in on everything that has gone on this week, so let’s just jump right into it, shall we?

THE SPRITE/SIDE-IMAGE POLL:

We want to THANK ALL OF YOU that participated in our recent poll that we had last weekend about utilizing Side-Images with the Dialogue Sprites in the game… this poll was very important to us, as using Dialogue Sprites is kind of a new thing for us and we wanted to be sure that we got YOUR feedback before we made any kind of decision.

A lot of you not only participated in the poll, but also took the time to share with us your thoughts and opinions on the use of Side-Image Sprites and offered a lot of insight that we hadn’t even considered while making the decision to use Dialogue Sprites… also, we were quite surprised by the results that our poll inspired from all of you!!

It was comforting to see the level of trust that you have in our decisions enough to leave it in our hands and we thank you for that trust and support!

So, after some back-and-forth between us, Epadder figured out a way to (we believe) that YOU THE PLAYER can decide whether you want to have Side-Images appear in your game play… thanks to his work and effort, you will be able to go into the OPTIONS in the MAIN MENU and select to either ENABLE or DISABLE the SIDE-IMAGE SPRITES during your gameplay (as shown in the example image below).

screenshot0030.png screenshot0031.png

This feature wouldn’t have been possible without your thoughts shared with us and helping us to figure out a way to make this possible during your gameplay, so THANK YOU for your suggestions and feedback!!!

PLOTTING/RENDERING/WRITING:

Despite having a little health setback after removing the snow we got up here in Michigan on Monday this week, I have been really busy working on adjusting the PLOTTING for “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”.

Fortunately, there was a very definitive cut-off point where I had left off in the story, before succumbing to the numerous pain meds and muscle relaxers while I waited to safely have my back surgery last year and worked on the REMASTERS… as well it became quite clear, this week, while going through things that some of the writing and rendering that I had done was not at my best at that point.

As such, I have been trying to fix that stuff some now, or clean it up some as best I can, before finishing off this chapter for all of you…

…also, this chapter is INSANE!!!

I don’t know what I was really thinking when I thought that I could pull something this size off with just me, Epadder and Sierra3 (along with some help from the wife), this chapter is IMMENSE, full of numerous choices and outcomes that effect the relationships of the characters, contains almost 30,000 words (a small NOVEL is 40,000 words!), additionally the various kinds of clothing options, changes and sex scenes you can get (depending on your choices), as well as, more choices that take place during the sex scenes themselves…

To help put it into perspective… here is a look at the current TWINE for “Chapter Two”:

pathing01.png

(this is all BEFORE the sex scenes!)

And here is the flow chart and in-game pathing of the choices, outcomes that lead up to the sex scenes…

logics1.png logics2.png

Add to the fact, that somewhere in all of that tangled mess, I had somehow also thought that it would be BRILLIANT to include animated sex scenes and had even started sloppily doing them… I say sloppily, as there were so many things wrong with them that I never saw through the haze of the painkillers and muscle relaxers that I am ashamed that I thought they were good… hands, going through other character’s heads or not moving right, to the fact that they were done in such a way that I couldn’t convert them to the numerous other clothing options that the character has depending on the choices you make throughout the chapter…

… no matter how much I tried this week, I decided to cut the sex animations out… there is too much wrong with them and it would just take too much time to try and fix them… and we’ve all waited long enough for this release!

Rao_shy01.png

ADDITIONALLY… it became clear that I would have to, based on the outcome of your decisions with the Valkyrie, Raogrior, render Dialogue Sprites for her character… in the event that she has to report back to Karma at the end of “Chapter Two”.

So, in short… NEVER AGAIN!!!

Never again will I attempt something on this scope, with just 3 or 4 of us working on the game… NEVER AGAIN am I going to think that ANY madness that I come up with while doped up on painkillers and muscle relaxers is a ‘COOL IDEA’… and NEVER AGAIN, can I put a chapter down for so long and try to pick it up and finish it… keeping the same “writing” and “character” voice after so much time... not only is it difficult, but if this thing wasn’t such a monster, with so much of it already done, I would’ve just blown it away and started from scratch… I mean, honestly, I was so doped up while working on this that there were things in it that even I DIDN’T recognize or remember doing!!

Anyhow and regardless, I spent the week cleaning stuff up, replotting the rest of the direction to finish off this IMMENSE chapter and have begun the work necessary in getting it done. Hopefully, I can tie this off pretty quickly, get this chapter released and get back to a manageable work level and release schedule for YOU, for the rest of the CREW and for ME as well.

Thank you so much for your patience, for your support, your opinions, thoughts and ALSO for you putting up with me when I was OBVIOUSLY NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD while on painkillers and will have another update for you soon on our progress

Sincerely,

~Jack & the Crew

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes