"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

UPDATE: Work, Rendering, Plotting & Writing – January 30, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone and I hope that this finds you all well and that you had a good week and are enjoying your weekend.

Things have been pretty busy over here and want to fill you in on everything that has gone on this week, so let’s just jump right into it, shall we?

THE SPRITE/SIDE-IMAGE POLL:

We want to THANK ALL OF YOU that participated in our recent poll that we had last weekend about utilizing Side-Images with the Dialogue Sprites in the game… this poll was very important to us, as using Dialogue Sprites is kind of a new thing for us and we wanted to be sure that we got YOUR feedback before we made any kind of decision.

A lot of you not only participated in the poll, but also took the time to share with us your thoughts and opinions on the use of Side-Image Sprites and offered a lot of insight that we hadn’t even considered while making the decision to use Dialogue Sprites… also, we were quite surprised by the results that our poll inspired from all of you!!

It was comforting to see the level of trust that you have in our decisions enough to leave it in our hands and we thank you for that trust and support!

So, after some back-and-forth between us, Epadder figured out a way to (we believe) that YOU THE PLAYER can decide whether you want to have Side-Images appear in your game play… thanks to his work and effort, you will be able to go into the OPTIONS in the MAIN MENU and select to either ENABLE or DISABLE the SIDE-IMAGE SPRITES during your gameplay (as shown in the example image below).

This feature wouldn’t have been possible without your thoughts shared with us and helping us to figure out a way to make this possible during your gameplay, so THANK YOU for your suggestions and feedback!!!

PLOTTING/RENDERING/WRITING:

Despite having a little health setback after removing the snow we got up here in Michigan on Monday this week, I have been really busy working on adjusting the PLOTTING for “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”.

Fortunately, there was a very definitive cut-off point where I had left off in the story, before succumbing to the numerous pain meds and muscle relaxers while I waited to safely have my back surgery last year and worked on the REMASTERS… as well it became quite clear, this week, while going through things that some of the writing and rendering that I had done was not at my best at that point.

As such, I have been trying to fix that stuff some now, or clean it up some as best I can, before finishing off this chapter for all of you…

…also, this chapter is INSANE!!!

I don’t know what I was really thinking when I thought that I could pull something this size off with just me, Epadder and Sierra3 (along with some help from the wife), this chapter is IMMENSE, full of numerous choices and outcomes that effect the relationships of the characters, contains almost 30,000 words (a small NOVEL is 40,000 words!), additionally the various kinds of clothing options, changes and sex scenes you can get (depending on your choices), as well as, more choices that take place during the sex scenes themselves…

To help put it into perspective… here is a look at the current TWINE for “Chapter Two”:

(this is all BEFORE the sex scenes!)

And here is the flow chart and in-game pathing of the choices, outcomes that lead up to the sex scenes…

Add to the fact, that somewhere in all of that tangled mess, I had somehow also thought that it would be BRILLIANT to include animated sex scenes and had even started sloppily doing them… I say sloppily, as there were so many things wrong with them that I never saw through the haze of the painkillers and muscle relaxers that I am ashamed that I thought they were good… hands, going through other character’s heads or not moving right, to the fact that they were done in such a way that I couldn’t convert them to the numerous other clothing options that the character has depending on the choices you make throughout the chapter…

… no matter how much I tried this week, I decided to cut the sex animations out… there is too much wrong with them and it would just take too much time to try and fix them… and we’ve all waited long enough for this release!

ADDITIONALLY… it became clear that I would have to, based on the outcome of your decisions with the Valkyrie, Raogrior, render Dialogue Sprites for her character… in the event that she has to report back to Karma at the end of “Chapter Two”.

So, in short… NEVER AGAIN!!!

Never again will I attempt something on this scope, with just 3 or 4 of us working on the game… NEVER AGAIN am I going to think that ANY madness that I come up with while doped up on painkillers and muscle relaxers is a ‘COOL IDEA’… and NEVER AGAIN, can I put a chapter down for so long and try to pick it up and finish it… keeping the same “writing” and “character” voice after so much time... not only is it difficult, but if this thing wasn’t such a monster, with so much of it already done, I would’ve just blown it away and started from scratch… I mean, honestly, I was so doped up while working on this that there were things in it that even I DIDN’T recognize or remember doing!!

Anyhow and regardless, I spent the week cleaning stuff up, replotting the rest of the direction to finish off this IMMENSE chapter and have begun the work necessary in getting it done. Hopefully, I can tie this off pretty quickly, get this chapter released and get back to a manageable work level and release schedule for YOU, for the rest of the CREW and for ME as well.

Thank you so much for your patience, for your support, your opinions, thoughts and ALSO for you putting up with me when I was OBVIOUSLY NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD while on painkillers and will have another update for you soon on our progress

Sincerely,

~Jack & the Crew
Promises, promises. You know that you like to dream big and nothing wrong with that as long as you also let your more realistic side chime in once in a while. :) Looking forward to it when ready to look at.

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Promises, promises. You know that you like to dream big and nothing wrong with that as long as you also let your more realistic side chime in once in a while. :) Looking forward to it when ready to look at.
Yeah, apparently my REALISTIC side had been silenced somehow (maybe from Sister Katarina or maybe our little FAP had me hostage and substituted me with a clone! :eek:) while I was on drugs!! o_O

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, apparently my REALISTIC side had been silenced somehow (maybe from Sister Katarina or maybe our little FAP had me hostage and substituted me with a clone! :eek:) while I was on drugs!! o_O
As long as you write "take it easy" and "I'm working at least 6 hours a day" in the same sentence I'm have some questions about your realistic side.:p
Yet you are who you are and I appreciate you for this. Some old, honest *beep* with big ideas and dreams who work like a slave.

Perhaps it would be an idea for all this out-take to have it in some kind of gallery. So we could remind you.... It would be to said to put all the hard work in the next garbage bin.:whistle:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu04.png

UPDATE: More Renders, Character/Player Interaction & Snow – February 6, 2021

Good Morning (well, at least it is here) folks, time to jump right in and give you an update on the continued work on “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”!

The close of this week has brought me closer to having the 2,160 Dialogue Sprites for the Valkyrie Ráðgríðr (or Rao for short) that you will likely be sexually tormenting a bit in “Chapter Two”, as you learn more about the Gaian Goddesses, Karma and their backstories… let me state, in no uncertain terms, that I am TIRED of rendering just Character Dialogue Sprites and really want to get back to rendering all of the smutty options your choices can bring in “Chapter Two”… and there will be many varieties to such choices in your presentation and dialogue with Rao…

…it will ALSO determine that character’s (Rao’s) and Larsen’s (the character whose decisions you will be making in this chapter) personalities in the Main Game of “Agents of Karma” and for rest of the series into “Wicked Choices: Book Two & Book Three”!!

These two characters will play a major role on the main battlefield as the Antichrist goes to battle against and for whatever faction that you want to fight for/against… and the Gaian’s future will be determined in both positives and some negatives depending on Larsen’s (YOUR) interaction with Rao… whether you decide to keep her as her haughty, virgin self, turn her into compassionate lover, or into a submissive, dedicated sex toy, or into a corrupted and sex crazed slut looking for low hanging fruit from any lumbering tree that happens by or is available to satisfy her cravings at the moment.

As with all characters in our games, there will be good points and bad points to WHICHEVER choice you make for the both of them, but you can expect a deep, meaningful storyline and some surprises about these two characters as you move forward in the series, no matter the choices that you make… there are just some things that are unavoidable when Fate is involved!

Additionally, as I mentioned, you will gain a bit more insight into the Gaian Goddesses and sect, their involvement in humanity, their interest in the Antichrist and their innerworkings in this chapter… there is a LOT at play in this coming release and it will certainly show when you finally get to play it.

All-in-all, there will be 6,480 renders in just Dialogue Sprites alone for “Chapter Two”, that doesn’t even count all of the renders we have for the (almost) 40,000 words of text to this coming release… this thing really is going to be a monster release!

Which brings us to the, as mentioned, future “chapter releases” not be so heavy, or take as long to create in the future, as we have been reorganizing the planned chapters and their releases to a more manageable level for more reliable release dates for the players this week… don’t worry, the story will remain the same, we just won’t be trying to bite off more than we can chew in each release and will be spreading things out a little better for everyone and our team.

In other words, instead of trying to focus on three different characters and their storylines per each “Chapter Release” in the Prologue of “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” and trying to get to the Main Game as quickly as possible, we’ll only be focusing on one at a time, rather than two or three characters and their storylines in one release… this may push back our timeline to doing the “Main Game”, but it is better for everyone this way, as we want to be more reliable in our release schedule and not have us burning ourselves out like we’ve been doing.

That said, this week has been spent re-organizing and breaking down the planned “Chapter Releases” into better chunks, re-arranging character and storyline introductions to fit a better and more manageable release schedule to try and get us back to (or as close to) having monthly releases, while also rendering the crap-ton of Character (this case Rao’s) Dialogue Sprites and have also been combating Mother Nature’s desire to dump a year’s worth of snow in the region where I live.

I swear, by all that is holy, that Mother Nature has seen fit to deliver the snow that we should’ve gotten here in November, December and January in the last two weeks… the wife has mentioned it was likely that Mother Nature was providing me enough time to heal from my back surgery almost 4 months ago, to give it to us now when I am a bit stronger now to remove it…

…but, honestly, I’d have preferred her to not give us ANY this year and just deliver it as rain instead… I’d like to think it would be easier on my back to build an Ark, than it would be to crank up the snow thrower and clear my drives and sidewalks…

…so, also been doing that these past two weeks (3 times so far… with more snow coming tomorrow and into Monday) which has had me trying deal with some physical pain, while also doing all this rendering.

But I am still here, still working, still producing and Epadder & Sierra3 have been hard at work on the Steam release of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and hopefully, that release will reap some extra income so that we can expand our workforce and further make releases more consistent for everyone involved (us included).

Alright, time for me to get back to work here… want to finish off the remain 500 or so, Dialogue Sprites for Rao, so I can get back to rendering some good ol’ fashion and arousing smut for everyone, hope you have a GREAT WEEKEND and WEEK and we’ll talk again soon!

~Jack & Crew

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

UPDATE: More Renders, Character/Player Interaction & Snow – February 6, 2021

Good Morning (well, at least it is here) folks, time to jump right in and give you an update on the continued work on “Chapter Two” of the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”!

The close of this week has brought me closer to having the 2,160 Dialogue Sprites for the Valkyrie Ráðgríðr (or Rao for short) that you will likely be sexually tormenting a bit in “Chapter Two”, as you learn more about the Gaian Goddesses, Karma and their backstories… let me state, in no uncertain terms, that I am TIRED of rendering just Character Dialogue Sprites and really want to get back to rendering all of the smutty options your choices can bring in “Chapter Two”… and there will be many varieties to such choices in your presentation and dialogue with Rao…

…it will ALSO determine that character’s (Rao’s) and Larsen’s (the character whose decisions you will be making in this chapter) personalities in the Main Game of “Agents of Karma” and for rest of the series into “Wicked Choices: Book Two & Book Three”!!

These two characters will play a major role on the main battlefield as the Antichrist goes to battle against and for whatever faction that you want to fight for/against… and the Gaian’s future will be determined in both positives and some negatives depending on Larsen’s (YOUR) interaction with Rao… whether you decide to keep her as her haughty, virgin self, turn her into compassionate lover, or into a submissive, dedicated sex toy, or into a corrupted and sex crazed slut looking for low hanging fruit from any lumbering tree that happens by or is available to satisfy her cravings at the moment.

As with all characters in our games, there will be good points and bad points to WHICHEVER choice you make for the both of them, but you can expect a deep, meaningful storyline and some surprises about these two characters as you move forward in the series, no matter the choices that you make… there are just some things that are unavoidable when Fate is involved!

Additionally, as I mentioned, you will gain a bit more insight into the Gaian Goddesses and sect, their involvement in humanity, their interest in the Antichrist and their innerworkings in this chapter… there is a LOT at play in this coming release and it will certainly show when you finally get to play it.

All-in-all, there will be 6,480 renders in just Dialogue Sprites alone for “Chapter Two”, that doesn’t even count all of the renders we have for the (almost) 40,000 words of text to this coming release… this thing really is going to be a monster release!

Which brings us to the, as mentioned, future “chapter releases” not be so heavy, or take as long to create in the future, as we have been reorganizing the planned chapters and their releases to a more manageable level for more reliable release dates for the players this week… don’t worry, the story will remain the same, we just won’t be trying to bite off more than we can chew in each release and will be spreading things out a little better for everyone and our team.

In other words, instead of trying to focus on three different characters and their storylines per each “Chapter Release” in the Prologue of “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” and trying to get to the Main Game as quickly as possible, we’ll only be focusing on one at a time, rather than two or three characters and their storylines in one release… this may push back our timeline to doing the “Main Game”, but it is better for everyone this way, as we want to be more reliable in our release schedule and not have us burning ourselves out like we’ve been doing.

That said, this week has been spent re-organizing and breaking down the planned “Chapter Releases” into better chunks, re-arranging character and storyline introductions to fit a better and more manageable release schedule to try and get us back to (or as close to) having monthly releases, while also rendering the crap-ton of Character (this case Rao’s) Dialogue Sprites and have also been combating Mother Nature’s desire to dump a year’s worth of snow in the region where I live.

I swear, by all that is holy, that Mother Nature has seen fit to deliver the snow that we should’ve gotten here in November, December and January in the last two weeks… the wife has mentioned it was likely that Mother Nature was providing me enough time to heal from my back surgery almost 4 months ago, to give it to us now when I am a bit stronger now to remove it…

…but, honestly, I’d have preferred her to not give us ANY this year and just deliver it as rain instead… I’d like to think it would be easier on my back to build an Ark, than it would be to crank up the snow thrower and clear my drives and sidewalks…

…so, also been doing that these past two weeks (3 times so far… with more snow coming tomorrow and into Monday) which has had me trying deal with some physical pain, while also doing all this rendering.

But I am still here, still working, still producing and Epadder & Sierra3 have been hard at work on the Steam release of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and hopefully, that release will reap some extra income so that we can expand our workforce and further make releases more consistent for everyone involved (us included).

Alright, time for me to get back to work here… want to finish off the remain 500 or so, Dialogue Sprites for Rao, so I can get back to rendering some good ol’ fashion and arousing smut for everyone, hope you have a GREAT WEEKEND and WEEK and we’ll talk again soon!

~Jack & Crew
Have fun. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
an actual futa ? or an transvestite ?

just asking because turning a men into a futa is kind of weird lol, seems more like a transvestite to me than a futa.
And it isn't weird to turn a normal woman into a Futa in Hentai anime?? :unsure: :LOL:

Weird as it will be, it will be into a Futa (or Hermaphrodite), with both working male AND female genitalia.

The transvestite role will be for the 'sissy' route for the character... in the 'sissy' route, William is still a male and can either be a play toy for a femdom character or with William's brain tweaked a bit, as it has been, to being more feminine will also now find themselves attracted to men (as well) to the point of considering changing his own sex to pursue the desires that they now have.

Hope that answers your question.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
meh, not much going on yet and kind of odd that it took this long to come out with this short update.
Not so odd, considering my health issues that I've been suffering during a world-wide pandemic and having to wait for the major back surgery that I was finally able to have nearly four months ago.

While it may not seem like a necessary thing to some, I happen to enjoy now having the use of my legs and dick again, thankyouverymuch.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I thought this was going to be done in RPGM?
It was originally going to be, but between public outcry and having a talented programmer that could simulate many of the RPGM features that I wanted to make use of in the story (primarily the battle system... as there IS a war brewing), it was determined that we could continue working in Ren'Py and produce a good title for everyone. ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not so odd, considering my health issues that I've been suffering during a world-wide pandemic and having to wait for the major back surgery that I was finally able to have nearly four months ago.

While it may not seem like a necessary thing to some, I happen to enjoy now having the use of my legs and dick again, thankyouverymuch.
Legs are heavily overrated, until you cannot use them anymore. :p

Constant pain though is without joking seriously underrated with how debilitating that can be and not just on your body, but maybe even more on your mind and drugs(painmeds) tend to make that part even worse.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Legs are heavily overrated, until you cannot use them anymore. :p

Constant pain though is without joking seriously underrated with how debilitating that can be and not just on your body, but maybe even more on your mind and drugs(painmeds) tend to make that part even worse.
Absolutely... I can honestly say that I wasn't really the person that I am when I am on pain meds... it was and is, very clearly easy to see in parts of this chapter... as I said before, there are things that I had come up with and written that don't even remember writing.

Honestly, it seemed to me to have been written by someone else, when it wasn't.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It was originally going to be, but between public outcry...
I'm very proud of my public outcries.:LOL:
And I would wrong to think, that with 6480 (and more) dialogue sprite for all the characters, it becomes unlikely that they die a swift dead after so much work. Or it could be simply the opposite.:cautious:

For the snow, here were I live, I also hadn't seen that much in a long time.
For snow my opinion is simple: Either it shall be cold and have very much snow or none at all.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
there are things that I had come up with and written that don't even remember writing.
If it makes you feel better, I have a similar problem even without taking meds... I really need to start thinking seeing a doctor about my mental health.. oh well... crazy but happy does not sound that bad.
You earned the tittle of Defender of Renpy Republic, or Renpyblic for short.
And I would wrong to think, that with 6480 (and more) dialogue sprite for all the characters, it becomes unlikely that they die a swift dead after so much work. Or it could be simply the opposite.
Could also be a super exaggerated death in which 4000 sprites are for the character rolling on the floor waiting to die.. kind of what you see in any soup opera. The other 2000 were sprites of the character preparing the final attack, kind of what happened in anime...
For snow my opinion is simple: Either it shall be cold and have very much snow or none at all.
I want to ski

• Haha
Reactions: ASLPro3D and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
If it makes you feel better, I have a similar problem even without taking meds... I really need to start thinking seeing a doctor about my mental health.. oh well... crazy but happy does not sound that bad
I believe I make the right choice in not see a therapist. Otherwise I'm not sure how it will affect the therapist if he encounter me.:sneaky:
You earned the tittle of Defender of Renpy Republic, or Renpyblic for short.
At least one thing I can look up to it or, well a title is a title and I'm wont look in the gift hourse mounth, at least this time.:whistle:
Could also be a super exaggerated death in which 4000 sprites are for the character rolling on the floor waiting to die.. kind of what you see in any soup opera. The other 2000 were sprites of the character preparing the final attack, kind of what happened in anime...
So crossbreed a good soup opera and Dragonball into one, then in one half of the manga the character explain why all the usuall shit happens to him (sleeping with his the best friends girlfriend after he catch him in flagrante for at least the sixth time while he has a his own girlfriend and at the same time a affair with an older married woman, the usuall catfight between his girlfriend, his friend girlfriend and his childhood friend, who obviously is in love with him. When at work he has to deal with a tyrant chef and incompetent and jealous coworker, who try to sabotage him at every step, while his long term feud with another friend of him, who take it out in his whole family, whose now near bankruptcy and his younger sister therefore is driven into prostitution..... - were was I?).
And in the other half of the manga the fight each other to death.
I want to ski
Come to us, we have chocolate and open skiing region.:giggle:

PS: Before anybody ask, no I don't earn my money as story writer for the usual soap opera or telenovela

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ASLPro3D and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I believe I make the right choice in not see a therapist. Otherwise I'm not sure how it will affect the therapist if he encounter me.:sneaky:

At least one thing I can look up to it or, well a title is a title and I'm wont look in the gift hourse mounth, at least this time.:whistle:

So crossbreed a good soup opera and Dragonball into one, then in one half of the manga the character explain while all the usuall shit happens to him (sleeping with his the best friends girlfriend after he catch him in flagrante for at least the sixth time while he has a his onw girlfriend and at the same time a affair with an older married woman, the usuall catfight between his girlfriend, his friend girlfriend and his childhood friend, who obviously is in love with him. When at work he has to deal with a tyrant chef and incompetent and jealous coworker, who try to sabotage him at every step, while his long term feud with another friend of him, who take it out in his whole family, whose now near bankruptcy and his younger sister therefore is driven into prostitution..... - were was I?).
And in the other half of the manga the fight each other to death.

Come to us, we have choclate and open skiing region.:giggle:

PS: Before anybody ask, no I don't earn my money as story writer for the usual soap opera or telenovela
Remember that by definition of the Royal Academy, cannot be considered a soup opera without a character losing their sight, their memory or their ability to walk for at least a couple of months.

Chocolate and Skiing? Where do I sign????

• Haha
Reactions: ASLPro3D and c3p0

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

And I would wrong to think, that with 6480 (and more) dialogue sprite for all the characters, it becomes unlikely that they die a swift dead after so much work. Or it could be simply the opposite.:cautious:

For the snow, here were I live, I also hadn't seen that much in a long time.
Despite the amount of work involved, no one's Fate is certain... depending on player's choices will depend if the characters even make it to the end of the series or not.

As for snow, I don't mind it... so long as I get to stay indoors and would really love it if I didn't have to clean the crap up off the walks and drives. :D

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and DA22
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes