"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
As usual Jack, if we can help you in any way (asides drawing as my skills are below c3p0 ;) ) let us know! 7k renders though, holy shit. Will I need a new HDD to download your game?
:LOL: No, I don't think so, Epadder has been doing his best to shrink them down and compress them in size, to make the download smaller... plus we have some other ideas that may help in that when things are done... I think I have close to another 500 or 600 renders to do and will be done on my end.

But, yeah, not doing something like this again till we have a larger team... :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Somehow I doubt now I have some (in)famous reputation for the little stunt I've done.:sneaky:
5 minutes on paint. Lucky me I can say in my defence that I've only done this with the mice and not with my more professional drawing board that have become quiet dusty.:whistle:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ASLPro3D

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Quick questions, who was Larsen? I cannot remember.. my memory is very bad so it is limited to my three princesses, my daughters, the daughter of the maid...

Reactions: ASLPro3D

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Quick questions, who was Larsen? I cannot remember.. my memory is very bad so it is limited to my three princesses, my daughters, the daughter of the maid...
..... and all the other female charaters - Yes, I know.
Larsen is some of the protagonist in this prolog, and if I'm not wrong, also in agents of karma also - but most likely I'm wrong.
But he is the one who can weasel Radgriadr to lower her pants for him.:love:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
..... and all the other female charaters - Yes, I know.
Larsen is some of the protagonist in this prolog, and if I'm not wrong, also in agents of karma also - but most likely I'm wrong.
But he is the one who can weasel Radgriadr to lower her pants for him.:love:
Hahaha I am pretty sure there are some females characters I don't care..

But if you will, the following statement would be totally true
and all the other teen female characters
Yes yes, I am a pervert.. nothing new here.

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu12.png

UPDATE: The Many Threads of Insanity – April 17, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everybody, I hope that you are having a good weekend thus far and it is that time again to provide you with a current update to “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Agents of Karma”, let’s start by posting the current screenshot of the Twine File of the game’s pathing for you all to see…

pathing04.png

As you can see by the above image, when compared to the last one we posted a couple of weeks back, you can see that I’ve made quite a bit of progress to the game’s many different variations and choices that you will be presented with and able to make in “Chapter Two”.

Looking at it, you can see certainly see the insanity that I had in mind while under the influence of all those painkillers and meds… that is good for you, when the release is finally out and you get to play it, but… honestly… I can’t even begin to tell you the level of frustration and tears that I’ve shed just trying to maneuver through this entire mess to make sure everything is put in the proper place, that it flows properly, that you get what you need to get and Epadder is still going to have to add the point(s) adjustments based on those choices.

Each of those pages has anywhere between 2-3 images stacked within them in comic book panel format and I still have even more renders to do to tie things up and finish this off.

I know that I’ve probably said it before, but it bears repeating through my tears that I will NEVER be doing something this complex again per chapter without a lot more help… I don’t have it in me to do so, it isn’t worth the frustration of making you wait for a release, for the long hours that I am putting into it, the many times that I’ve had to force myself to sit here for 8-12 hours a day or longer working on this without wanting to quit completely.

The complexity, till we get more help, is going to have to be done in variations and strings throughout the whole game, much like “Wicked Choices: Book One”, where the ramifications of your choices will happen over time, not as immediately as I tried to do in “Chapter Two” here.

Speaking of help, I was able to secure us an artist that will be helping me and will be acting as the Master of “Fluid Dynamics”, so that you don’t have terribly rendered blobs of 3D fluid spread over or bubbling out of the characters post “happy moments”, if you get my meaning… all of the slimy, sticky, wonderful mess will be handled by our talented 2D “Fluid Dynamic” artist, so please take a moment to welcome Nyarimo to our team when you get the chance here!

Okay, with that, even though I only put in 6 hours so far today, I need to pack it up here… I got my 2nd Covid Vaccine shot yesterday and, though my left arm is a bit sore from it, I still need to start up the riding mower and mow my yard today, before it starts looking like a vacant lot.

Talk and will provide another update soon and hope that you all have a really good weekend and thank you again for your dedication in us!

~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

Hey Ayhsel, as mentioned by the others, Larsen is the Scruffy Faced, "Odin" looking character that you see at the end of "Chapter One" in the prologue to "Agents of Karma"... as for who he really is, what importance he plays in everything and his back story, you'll soon have your answer! ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

UPDATE: The Many Threads of Insanity – April 17, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everybody, I hope that you are having a good weekend thus far and it is that time again to provide you with a current update to “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Agents of Karma”, let’s start by posting the current screenshot of the Twine File of the game’s pathing for you all to see…

As you can see by the above image, when compared to the last one we posted a couple of weeks back, you can see that I’ve made quite a bit of progress to the game’s many different variations and choices that you will be presented with and able to make in “Chapter Two”.

Looking at it, you can see certainly see the insanity that I had in mind while under the influence of all those painkillers and meds… that is good for you, when the release is finally out and you get to play it, but… honestly… I can’t even begin to tell you the level of frustration and tears that I’ve shed just trying to maneuver through this entire mess to make sure everything is put in the proper place, that it flows properly, that you get what you need to get and Epadder is still going to have to add the point(s) adjustments based on those choices.

Each of those pages has anywhere between 2-3 images stacked within them in comic book panel format and I still have even more renders to do to tie things up and finish this off.

I know that I’ve probably said it before, but it bears repeating through my tears that I will NEVER be doing something this complex again per chapter without a lot more help… I don’t have it in me to do so, it isn’t worth the frustration of making you wait for a release, for the long hours that I am putting into it, the many times that I’ve had to force myself to sit here for 8-12 hours a day or longer working on this without wanting to quit completely.

The complexity, till we get more help, is going to have to be done in variations and strings throughout the whole game, much like “Wicked Choices: Book One”, where the ramifications of your choices will happen over time, not as immediately as I tried to do in “Chapter Two” here.

Speaking of help, I was able to secure us an artist that will be helping me and will be acting as the Master of “Fluid Dynamics”, so that you don’t have terribly rendered blobs of 3D fluid spread over or bubbling out of the characters post “happy moments”, if you get my meaning… all of the slimy, sticky, wonderful mess will be handled by our talented 2D “Fluid Dynamic” artist, so please take a moment to welcome Nyarimo to our team when you get the chance here!

Okay, with that, even though I only put in 6 hours so far today, I need to pack it up here… I got my 2nd Covid Vaccine shot yesterday and, though my left arm is a bit sore from it, I still need to start up the riding mower and mow my yard today, before it starts looking like a vacant lot.

Talk and will provide another update soon and hope that you all have a really good weekend and thank you again for your dedication in us!

~Jack
You said it yourself, too ambitious and not prepared to scale it back when you found out you were asking too much or at least a lot of yourself in the name of vision oh stubborn one. :p I just hope that when it is done you will at least yourself be real proud of it and consider it a job well done. :) That is in the end the most important thing in a creative process.

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
You said it yourself, too ambitious and not prepared to scale it back when you found out you were asking too much or at least a lot of yourself in the name of vision oh stubborn one. :p I just hope that when it is done you will at least yourself be real proud of it and consider it a job well done. :) That is in the end the most important thing in a creative process.
Jack indeed seems to asked a lot of himself, but I am sure what he is delivering is amazing and will require multipleeeee playthrough to see all the goodies and story. After having discussion with him, he is indeed stubborn :)P) but it also makes him stick to a good story. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out. We need him!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Jack indeed seems to asked a lot of himself, but I am sure what he is delivering is amazing and will require multipleeeee playthrough to see all the goodies and story. After having discussion with him, he is indeed stubborn :)P) but it also makes him stick to a good story. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out. We need him!
Yeah that is why I would wish he looked a bit more after himself. :), but even more he will at least be happy with the result in the end, cause satisfaction is one of the best helps to deal with the stress he put on himself.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, I would be... right now... just happy to have "Chapter Two" done, period.

I have been working on this chapter for so long, that it is incredibly boring to me and tired of doing the same thing, over and over again for so long... so, I am sure that is adding to a lot of my frustration and tears and my biggest satisfaction will come when I can move on to the next part of the story and put this lengthy release far, far behind me.

As for the stubbornness... yeah, guilty as charged.

In truth, I think the biggest problem was the fact that, while doped up as I was, I really wanted to make the release BIG purposely... with lots of choices and outcomes for players, so that they could see that I was capable of doing something more 'game-like' and less like a Visual Novel... the problem is, doped up as I was, I wasn't mentally 'there' enough to really understand the level of work that it would take to accomplish what I had envisioned... and, as a result, it has taken far longer to accomplish (between recovering from surgery and the amount of work that needed to be done on it) forcing people to wait for so long.

Players and Patrons having to wait so long to play, has been the biggest stress and frustration for me... yes, the work is grueling and overbearing, but it is the fact that I am constantly reminding myself how long players have had to wait for this release and how many of the non-religious followers are leaving us, lowering the monthly income, is what is weighing on me the most.

Even if the players, patrons and fans end up liking "Chapter Two" and rave about it, to me... it will always be a failure, because it took too long to accomplish.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I would be... right now... just happy to have "Chapter Two" done, period.

I have been working on this chapter for so long, that it is incredibly boring to me and tired of doing the same thing, over and over again for so long... so, I am sure that is adding to a lot of my frustration and tears and my biggest satisfaction will come when I can move on to the next part of the story and put this lengthy release far, far behind me.

As for the stubbornness... yeah, guilty as charged.

In truth, I think the biggest problem was the fact that, while doped up as I was, I really wanted to make the release BIG purposely... with lots of choices and outcomes for players, so that they could see that I was capable of doing something more 'game-like' and less like a Visual Novel... the problem is, doped up as I was, I wasn't mentally 'there' enough to really understand the level of work that it would take to accomplish what I had envisioned... and, as a result, it has taken far longer to accomplish (between recovering from surgery and the amount of work that needed to be done on it) forcing people to wait for so long.

Players and Patrons having to wait so long to play, has been the biggest stress and frustration for me... yes, the work is grueling and overbearing, but it is the fact that I am constantly reminding myself how long players have had to wait for this release and how many of the non-religious followers are leaving us, lowering the monthly income, is what is weighing on me the most.

Even if the players, patrons and fans end up liking "Chapter Two" and rave about it, to me... it will always be a failure, because it took too long to accomplish.
No reaction this time (both a facepalm and like would fit though. :p), since I do understand your logic and feeling all too well if I had been in your situation instead of looking at it neutrally. Just try to remember there is no failing except failing yourself, just learning and if in the end it is great and will make the whole of the game better it may well have been worth all the tears and waiting. Well so project management is not your greatest skill yet, you will get better at it and you have some valid excuses besides your eagerness to deliver the best and timely, which do not always go together. :)

Just remember to also take care of yourself :) and one of my experiences is both personal and having to work with some people, that stress in itself is not bad as long as it does not built up too long, but if you do not allow yourself the feeling of a job well done at the end of a project it does not help recharging the battery for the next project/update and get rid of the stress you built up.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
On the positive, you have around the same amount of patreons than one year ago. For the earnings, yes, it is lower than a year ago, but understandable. For a game that latest release was 7 months ago, I would say that this show some good sign.
From the look at the statistic, I can't say when the release were happend. I only see that in my eyes the game doesn't receive the attention it deserve, but I'm sure I'm biased.:LOL:

Last edited:

Forix

Apr 21, 2017

Most of us here c3p0 (man I always fail writing your name although its super simple haha), DA22 and myself have been there since the early beginning and will continue to be.We are indeed very excited about what's next but with all of what happened to you in the last years... it is already a miracle you didn't drop out. You kept us updated, you interact with us.
Sure, that doesn't bring back lost patreons and revenues, but you know we will spread the words! Maybe perverted words... but people will know of ASLPro3D great work ;)

Last edited:

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I'll be honest, Ayhsel, I've pretty much been prepared for them since day one of creating the game... so long as those who complain actually understand the true definition of what NTR is. :LOL:

But, yeah, kind of been prepared for it and it is unavoidable... after all, having a story this size, with as many female characters and a wife that is currently having an extramarital affair on her husband makes it sort of impossible NOT to have NTR in the game...

My opinion is simple on it and remains the same, this game series (like much of life) isn't going please everyone and if their goal in playing it is to have unrealistic outcomes to the choices they make, they are going to be gravely disappointed. If they don't like it, there are plenty of other offerings here and elsewhere that will provide them with plenty of "bimboized", braindead, female characters looking to get tricky-dicked by ugly dumbasses that never seemed to grow up past the age of 14 for them to play and get their rocks off on. :sneaky:

Me, I prefer to try to keep a baseline of reality in an unreal situation and allow the characters the freedom to be case studies or representatives in human nature. To me, the best characters in a game, story, movie or television are the ones that people can understand, relate to, or say: "Damn, I know what that is like", "how that feels" or "wow, I know someone like that".

I think Claire and her situation kind of touched a cord in a lot of people... and while the situation she was put through pissed a LOT of people off, her situation cause the response in people who want to watch over her and see her happy...

In the case of the Antichrist's wife, Terri, yeah... she is having an affair on her husband, once it is shown and the husband finds out about it (in "Wicked Choices: Book Two") NTR is going to unavoidably come into play... but, let's also keep in mind that Terri was pressured by her father into leaving the person that she truly loved to marry a man and have kids with someone else... so, Terri has her own baggage as well and reasons for what she is doing.

Does it make it right? Nope. Does it make it NTR, yup.

But, life is sometimes a little more complex than just slapping a label on it and avoiding it completely. ;)
Even if the dev recognizes that the ntr is or will be in the game, putting the ntr tag is still avoided. Why?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Even if the dev recognizes that the ntr is or will be in the game, putting the ntr tag is still avoided. Why?
BECAUSE THIS GAME HAVE CURRENTLY NO NTR IN IT.

And tags are used as tags are defined by F95 tag definition and are only for actually content in the game and not planned content...

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes