3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
If I understand your question correctly indio68 , 90% of the features that make Wicked Choices the series it is becoming were developed in house, by members of the dev team. The magic and combat will be no different, to make it flow and work for the game they have had to design most things from nothing, the more you learn about it the more of a fan you'll be.
no was trying to say if the combat is like the one in rpgm games or in renpy ..

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
That's entirely it, the combat will be Wicked Choices styled, so neither RPM or Renpy, even though I believe it will be written in Renpy, it will be how they envision it, im guessing it will fit the setting and feel of the series, so they might take cues from one or both, but I'm sure it will feel fitting.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
First you do it as an Aprils Fool and then you do it in real.
Is your ideal for this perhaps the artist ?:LOL:
Still don't think I will go that route with our game... though it would certainly make the production of it easier and much quicker, I fear I wouldn't have nearly as many fans and friends following the game if I did. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

To something different:
View attachment 1118288
I assume, you know it Jack?
Yes, though I am surprised Droid Productions was able to get it done so fast! I am REALLY fortunate that he had reached out and asked, as well as, quite thankful for his help and will also be doing the same for him in our release this month as well!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Still don't think I will go that route with our game... though it would certainly make the production of it easier and much quicker, I fear I wouldn't have nearly as many fans and friends following the game if I did. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:
Although I think, if you would go this route, you would have a lot more "artist" available to help you out. Even I should be able to do something like this.:LOL:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yes, though I am surprised Droid Productions was able to get it done so fast! I am REALLY fortunate that he had reached out and asked, as well as, quite thankful for his help and will also be doing the same for him in our release this month as well!
Though in the rush I forgot to change the icon to the one you sent me :) It's been a hectic couple of days :D

• Red Heart

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hahaha, I don't think you would need a new artist Jack for that type of quality but a new sanity ;)
Heh... I think it is far to late in this life cycle for me to actually be blessed by the gods with any sort of sanity... I think I was purposely bred to be without a lick of sanity to my name. ;) But, yeah, stick figure art is a whole new level of insanity that I am not quite ready to walk down THAT path yet. :LOL:

That's entirely it, the combat will be Wicked Choices styled, so neither RPM or Renpy, even though I believe it will be written in Renpy, it will be how they envision it, im guessing it will fit the setting and feel of the series, so they might take cues from one or both, but I'm sure it will feel fitting.
I think Haast has it pretty spot on indio68, it won't be at all like the combat in RPGM... we decided to make the combat a bit different in our game and are writing and designing it from scratch in Ren'Py/Python. It will contain variations dependent on both skills and choices made during the combat system and will discuss more about it when we feel we are closer to having things done.

One, we aren't looking to have other running off with our ideas before we use them and two, we need to be sure that it is a balanced and finished system before really discussing it. ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Though in the rush I forgot to change the icon to the one you sent me :) It's been a hectic couple of days :D
No worries, Droid Productions, I kind of like it that way and think it combines both the old game with the new one. It obviously got attention and people knew who it led too. :geek: Thank you, so much, my friend, I greatly appreciate it!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Although I think, if you would go this route, you would have a lot more "artist" available to help you out. Even I should be able to do something like this.:LOL:
Oh this is true... please, don't tempt me!!

Trust me, I am tired of working 8 or more hours a day on this game, would be nice to have a real artist (even stick figure one) to make my life a little easier! ;) :D

Reactions: Quaszog55

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Heh... I think it is far to late in this life cycle for me to actually be blessed by the gods with any sort of sanity... I think I was purposely bred to be without a lick of sanity to my name. ;) But, yeah, stick figure art is a whole new level of insanity that I am not quite ready to walk down THAT path yet. :LOL:

I think Haast has it pretty spot on indio68, it won't be at all like the combat in RPGM... we decided to make the combat a bit different in our game and are writing and designing it from scratch in Ren'Py/Python. It will contain variations dependent on both skills and choices made during the combat system and will discuss more about it when we feel we are closer to having things done.

One, we aren't looking to have other running off with our ideas before we use them and two, we need to be sure that it is a balanced and finished system before really discussing it. ;)
thanks so much sir

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Its an old answer, but ... when its ready, it's not like some other games where everything can be done in a week(Not criticising those games, some have great quality for such a short time frame, but most burn out, or lose that over time), my guess is at this point there would be more internal code by a factor of 2-3 than original Renpy code, and that along with lore etc takes certain games longer to make.

I'd look forward to a few months or so, and then be pleasantly surprised if it comes in before then(Again I'm not a dev, I'm working to become a writer), ASLPro3D and the team work damn hard on this, and he gets back to people about their questions more often than most devs, as someone that worked on a mainstream game once thats damn hard to do, and we had a PR team dedicated to it.

• Red Heart

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu11.png

UPDATE: Massive Amounts of Rendering! – April 10, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone, I hope this finds you all well and that you enjoyed our April Fool’s post last week and that you all have, no doubt, been waiting for a progress report from us on what we’ve been doing this week.

In short: RENDERING… lots and LOTS of rendering!!

I have been spending this past week, and will be this coming week as well, rendering all of the various arcs that can/will take place depending on the choices you make within “Chapter Two” as Larsen.

As mentioned before, depending on your relationship with her, you’ll be able to get to do more with her… or depending on how that relationship is built, will depend if she is submissively hesitant and reluctantly do want you want her to, antagonistically rebellious and one step closer to telling you to “go and get bent” or curiously interested and sexually excited to see where things will lead between the both of you.

untitled 10b1.png

Each arc has a little more involved depending on the trust you built up with her and her dedication to you and the mission that she feels she must accomplish, as well as, what kind of the four outfits that she is wearing… and, just how far she is willing to go with your desires as well.

Currently, between Dialogue Image Sprites, Side-Image Sprites and storyline images, there is almost 7,000 renders in this release!

Yes, your read that right… nearly 7,000 renders!!!!

For those who have been wondering why it has been taking so long to accomplish, well, that would be your answer!! There is SO MUCH that can happen in “Chapter Two” and tried to REALLY DEMONSTRATE in this chapter just HOW MUCH your choices will actually matter in our games…

…though, from now one, quite not as detailed straight up, unless we can hire more workers to help out… it will be spread out more over time during the ongoing story.

Speaking of HIRING MORE WORKERS, I decided this week to hire a graphic artist whose job it will be to create realistic “Fluid Dynamics” and who will be responsible for making the outcomes of your sexual, orgasmic bliss look quite a bit better and more realistic than what I am capable of doing…

…so, now, like in the case of your time with Ráðgríðr in “Chapter Two”, your sticky pleasure will realistic drip down like it is supposed to, instead of my trying to render some 3D fake looking representation of your pleasure.

I will probably post a sample of it, once the artist has gotten back to me, and share it with you behind out Paywall, as we don’t want to upset the Patreon Gods. *wink*

But it is our goal to try and provide the best representation and experience that we can for all of you in the work we do, which also includes me acknowledging my weaknesses and eventually brining on a better fulltime artist when we can afford one.

Anyhow, that is where things currently stand… rendering my butt off and trying to make this a really awesome, decision making, different outcome that matters, release for all of you.

Talk soon and thank you for your continued support and dedication to us, we really appreciate it and hope that you will see that appreciation from us when this release comes out!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Speaking of HIRING MORE WORKERS, I decided this week to hire a graphic artist whose job it will be to create realistic “Fluid Dynamics” and who will be responsible for making the outcomes of your sexual, orgasmic bliss look quite a bit better and more realistic than what I am capable of doing…
Jack, you've asked for this.:devilish:
1618063926868.png

So, am I hired?:ROFLMAO:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
:LOL:!!!!!!

If I wasn't already talking to someone, yeah... because that is WAY better than I've been able to accomplish!! :sneaky:
You know, I do certain have strong points, but even I don't think that anything with me actually drawing, arranging, composing or even animating would be among them. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Haast and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You know, I do certain have strong points, but even I don't think that anything with me actually drawing, arranging, composing or even animating would be among them. :LOL:
I feel the same way about myself, in my opinion, I am barely passible... and also kind of stuck in my role now. :D

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
As usual Jack, if we can help you in any way (asides drawing as my skills are below c3p0 ;) ) let us know! 7k renders though, holy shit. Will I need a new HDD to download your game?

Reactions: c3p0
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes