"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hey Catwashere! I am doing much better, I was able to get my back surgery at the end of September (the start of October) and have been doing much better. When you can feel the legs, balls and dick again it's a good thing. ;) I still have moments of pain, particularly when I do something miraculously boneheaded, like moving and setting up our fountain for the birds and animals...

20210408_075341.jpg
Always a painful joy to move around a 400 pound piece of concrete after the winter... and of course clean up the yard from post winter tree shedding and sticks... but doing much, much better... as long as I can walk again, urinate without problems and do things around the house again (like working on the game), I'm GOOD!! :sneaky: (y)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
400 pound piece
Would be 181 kg (or roughly estimated 200 kg) for all the ones who use SI base units.:geek:
And no, I'm not saying anything around how stupid I find moving anything this ridiculous heavy around alone.:censored::whistle::devilish:

Would be around the weigth my 19" half height server cabinet have and I can barely move it in for and back with a lot of strength. Also the cabinet stands in the second floor and I don't have a lift. How envious I am of my furniture remover.:ROFLMAO: (I'm evil and I know it:cool:.)

Last edited:

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hey Catwashere! I am doing much better, I was able to get my back surgery at the end of September (the start of October) and have been doing much better. When you can feel the legs, balls and dick again it's a good thing. ;) I still have moments of pain, particularly when I do something miraculously boneheaded, like moving and setting up our fountain for the birds and animals...

Always a painful joy to move around a 400 pound piece of concrete after the winter... and of course clean up the yard from post winter tree shedding and sticks... but doing much, much better... as long as I can walk again, urinate without problems and do things around the house again (like working on the game), I'm GOOD!! :sneaky: (y)
That is good and how is your wife?
I have some lower back pain issues myself and it sucks.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
ASLPro3D Yay you moved and you survived.

Um for the sake of anyone who likes your work and maybe your continued functionality could you please maybe not do anything like that! I am across the Lake from MI (that's your area right?) and I would drive over to help to keep your discs from imploding man, seriously.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Um for the sake of anyone who likes your work and maybe your continued functionality could you please maybe not do anything like that! I am across the Lake from MI (that's your area right?) and I would drive over to help to keep your discs from imploding man, seriously
If you help this stubborn old man to survive longer and in better health, you have my thanks.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So is the main game going to continue with AoK or does it just pause until the next book?
ChuckTooBig, your review is a little off... AoK doesn't focus on William/Billie (the rapist), it focuses primarily on the Gaian's who are on the side of Humanity and comprised of Demonothans and Angelions who were tired of fighting with each other and joined Gaia side to serve for the good of humanity.

Yes, while playing as YOURSELF as an Agent of Karma (and the other Gaian's) there are routes that players can choose who they want to follow and support (Claire, Emi or William/Billie)... your job is to guide and direct things and help to repair the 'Tapestry of Time' (which the 3 Fates Weave for Humanity) that the Antichrist messed up by sparing William's life and saving him from what Fate (and Karma) had planned for him.

AoK is NOT a spinoff... it is a direct sequel to the World of Wicked Choices, it further establishes characters who you will be able to interact with as the Antichrist and help you to decide which GROUP you want to support... Demonothans, Angelions, Gaians or just yourself.

Please, if you are going to do a review, please at least base it on what the FAQ states...

Reactions: Haast

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
That is good and how is your wife?
I have some lower back pain issues myself and it sucks.
The wife is doing good, Catwashere, she's healed up and been taking care of my ugly, old ass... making sure that I am not killing myself (too much, when she's not looking) and has been, thankfully, working her daily job, here, at home... which was really bonus while I was healing from the surgery (she didn't have to take vacation time to take care of me).

Plus, having her home everyday, gives me eyecandy which keeps me horny and working on pervy games! :D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
ASLPro3D Yay you moved and you survived.

Um for the sake of anyone who likes your work and maybe your continued functionality could you please maybe not do anything like that! I am across the Lake from MI (that's your area right?) and I would drive over to help to keep your discs from imploding man, seriously.
jaw1986baby, a four to five hour drive here (ten hour round trip)... just to help me move 400 pounds of concrete... damn, I'd say you like my game!! :LOL:

And, yup, I live in Madison Heights, MI... and, if you are coming from Wisconsin, bring Cheese Curds! ;) Those damn things are like crack for me! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jaw1986baby

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
jaw1986baby, a four to five hour drive here (ten hour round trip)... just to help me move 400 pounds of concrete... damn, I'd say you like my game!! :LOL:

And, yup, I live in Madison Heights, MI... and, if you are coming from Wisconsin, bring Cheese Curds! ;) Those damn things are like crack for me! :ROFLMAO:
Culver's cheese curds or from a specialty shop?
I am lazy and only ever get them from Culver's myself.

ChuckTooBig

Apr 23, 2020
ChuckTooBig, your review is a little off... AoK doesn't focus on William/Billie (the rapist), it focuses primarily on the Gaian's who are on the side of Humanity and comprised of Demonothans and Angelions who were tired of fighting with each other and joined Gaia side to serve for the good of humanity.

Yes, while playing as YOURSELF as an Agent of Karma (and the other Gaian's) there are routes that players can choose who they want to follow and support (Claire, Emi or William/Billie)... your job is to guide and direct things and help to repair the 'Tapestry of Time' (which the 3 Fates Weave for Humanity) that the Antichrist messed up by sparing William's life and saving him from what Fate (and Karma) had planned for him.

AoK is NOT a spinoff... it is a direct sequel to the World of Wicked Choices, it further establishes characters who you will be able to interact with as the Antichrist and help you to decide which GROUP you want to support... Demonothans, Angelions, Gaians or just yourself.

Please, if you are going to do a review, please at least base it on what the FAQ states...
You never answered my question...Also when you end a game on a cliffhanger and state "to be continued" the next game usually continues the first. It's more of a spinoff than a direct sequel considering that almost none of the main characters are even in it

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You never answered my question...Also when you end a game on a cliffhanger and state "to be continued" the next game usually continues the first. It's more of a spinoff than a direct sequel considering that almost none of the main characters are even in it
Well in a way you are both wrong and right, but Jack as the writer does know better what his intentions are. Though if you followed the game for a long time it was originally intended as a spin-off, concentrating on the fall out of what MC did to his nephew at end of book 1 in between developing all mechanics needed for book2 and was intended to not become as big and be finished in a year or so.

Thing is though that Jack while working on the game, noticed he had made a bit of a planning mistake and that some of the factions he needed introduced and will play a major part in book 2 and 3 of the game were not introduced and certainly not fully enough. Not helped by the fact that Jack also got the brilliant idea that actually all his works including purely book one (I mean his novel) and future games are interlinked through some characters. :p (Just teasing you Jack)

So plans changed majorly sometime about a year ago or even a bit longer ago concerning both MC and content of this game, even way before the remastered version of book 1 was released. Though the nephew path can still be a part of the route you play, it is just one path and no longer the major focus.

It also makes determining what this game is a bit harder. Is it just a spin off that ties off some loose ends? No, the story and characters are a full part of the Wicked Choices Universe and what happens in the books 2 and 3 and you will likely be able to make choices that will help or hinder you with your intentions in the rest of the story.

Is it a direct continuation of book one with rest of story told from viewpoint mainly of MC or Lynara? No, the viewpoint is the player as the agent of Karma, making the decisions on behalf of the Goddess to try to repair the tapestry (Now if repairing would be a good thing, something else in the universe might have other ideas how that tapestry should be weaved as those three Norns think and is powerful enough to get his/her way). With as added complication that quite a few forces already started moving before that disruption even happened, either in preparation of the disruption since they knew it would happen or just since they knew Anti-Christ's coming was nearing.

So yeah, Jack is challenging players a bit with this game. It is a full book in the series, you may even call it 1.5 if want to, but due to the needs Jack has for the overall story he needs to tell this part of the story from another viewpoint as MC or Lynara, since they have to be partly unaware of it and plays at same time as book 1 or even before the action in book 1 and partly he has to give information about goals and intentions and background of other power players in game that can not be done in a short flashback and if he tried to do it in book 2 that will be more focused on MC again, we would be months and months away from MC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASLPro3D and c3p0

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It is pretty much as DA22 has said, ChuckTooBig... another way in which to look at this series is much like a television show/movie... or, heck, like a novel or comic book series.

Let's take STAR WARS as a quick (and probably well known) example to make my point easier to understand... Luke Skywalker WAS the main Protagonist and hero of that movie and, ultimately, the series... but the movies NEVER followed Luke Skywalker all of the time... it would cut to what Han Solo and Princess Leia were doing (particularly in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK) or it would cut to a scene of Darth Vader choking one of the Moff's at a council meeting... the point I am making here is that there are MANY WORKING PARTS to a story that need to be shown, while telling something as epic as I am trying to make.

Additionally, one can argue that though Luke Skywalker in STAR WARS was the main protagonist and hero... he wasn't able to accomplish what he had done ALONE, if not for Han Solo, Princess Leia, C3P0, R2D2, Lando, Chewie, Yoda, Obiwan Kenobi... or even Darth Vader, Luke would've NEVER succeeded in his ultimate task... nor does things just end with the death of an Emperor.

There is NO WAY that the Antichrist in "Wicked Choices" is going to be able to do the things he needs or feels he must do alone... no hero ever works alone.

Then there is another thing in which to keep in mind... the events that took place in "Wicked Choices: Book One" only took place in 2 Days (not counting the night he slept with Claire, or the week or two that took place OFF SCREEN, as he tries to get accustomed to his new role as the head of a very wealthy and powerful family with LOT'S of secrets)... it told up to a very important part of the story and, like any movie... novel... comic book or television show, it is at a part in the story, where the writers move the audience to somewhere else and show things that are happening there, to further demonstrate the need for the hero and to introduce those other characters that will be helping him along the way.

Nothing more, nothing less.

The Antichrist is NOT going to be able to do what he needs to do ALONE... I stated it right at the start of this, both inside the game and out of it, he will not only have to face the fact that people will want him DEAD just because he is the "Antichrist"... not because of something he's done, but out of fear of what he could do based off of some stupid thousand year old prophecy... he is going to have people wanting to him to side with them, to use him (or more to the point, the power he wields) and he is going to have to learn that sometimes winning and surviving means having to make sacrifices... or try to come up with clever ways to avoid making them...

...and it is also going to take a strong support structure of individuals that believe in him, that will support him, willing to defend or fight with him, so that he can do what he needs to do.

NO HERO acts alone...

So, yeah, this game is going to cut to a new location, new times, to further provide the support that the Antichrist is going to need to get the job laid out before him done... and that includes needing YOU to help set things right as an Agent of Karma and to also help assemble a team that can help him... and, maybe, remove an obstacle or two from his path to make things easier on him.

That is what "Agents of Karma" is.

Hope that helps clarify and answer you better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Regardie

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu13.png

UPDATE: I had to be INSANE!!! – April 30, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello folks, it’s that time again to unbury myself from the mountain of work that I piled on myself and give you an update on things.

pathing05.png

As you can see by the above current TWINE file, two of the outfit sections are completely done now, with two more left to do (surrounded in the red box) … this will move much quicker as most of the work is already done, just need to add to the TWINE and render a sequence that wasn’t used in the other two outfit section and tie all of that in and close it off.

You can also see all of the different variations and choices that you can make (or mess up making) while spending time with the Valkyrie… there will be even MORE in the rest that I am to get done for all of you.

I was hoping to be much further along than I am… hell, I was hoping to be DONE, but ran into two problems… the first is the second Covid-19 vaccine shot KICKED MY ASS!! I didn’t get sick or have much pain from the shot, BUT I had such bad fatigue I was worried and ended up calling my Primary Care Physician who’s head nurse informed me that it was a sign that the vaccine was working in me and that my body was likely producing a HIGH LEVEL of antibodies and taxing my system… nice to freaking know now… but, she told me that if it didn’t go away in a bit to call again or go into the ER.

Thankfully, after about four days, I began to get a little better each day and no longer felt like one of the walking dead!

Also, earlier this week, I began to notice a problem with my rendering… for some reason, it would either stop about half way through the image or completely crash my computer, of course, this led me to freaking out a bit, trying to locate the cause of it… and, landed on the cause of it yesterday evening and got it fixed by 2am this morning.

At first, I though maybe I was suffering a conflict caused by updating my Maya (for my regular job, which I will be starting back up, once I am done with this release) to Maya 2022… but, discovered after uninstalling it, that it wasn’t it.

After some searching on the web, I found the trouble was the Windows 10 patch that was released late last week conflicting with Nvidia graphic cards… so, spent last night into this morning rolling back my system to prior to the patch update and was able to render again, which I’ve been doing till adding it into the TWINE and writing to you.

But things are back to progressing and should be done and into your hands soon… and again, I have already given permission to my wife and the other guys to knock me upside of the head with a 2x4 to knock some sense into my thick skull.

Alright, time for me to get back at it here… I hope that you all have a good day and wonderful weekend, we’ll talk soon and will keep you updated!!

Sincerely, a very tired…

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Nice to hear.
After some searching on the web, I found the trouble was the Windows 10 patch that was released late last week conflicting with Nvidia graphic cards… so, spent last night into this morning rolling back my system to prior to the patch update and was able to render again, which I’ve been doing till adding it into the TWINE and writing to you.
And yes, MS is doing shit at the moment. I've had my share of bluescreens on my PC because MS have release a patch that really didn't like some printers.
After I removed the patch it works again, but then Windows had the great idea to reinstall that patch. So I needed to deinstall it and forbade my PC to reinstall it.

So if I ever travel to Redmond I will carry a 2x4 batten with me.:whistle:

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes