ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
status_menu14.png

UPDATE: So MANY Dang BRANCHES!!! – May 16, 2021
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone, hope that you all are doing well and sorry that it’s been two weeks since my last update to all of you, but wanted to get things to a verified state before I posted anything, so let us start by giving you a visual representation of where we are currently at with CHAPTER TWO by giving you a look at the current TWINE file and break things down for all of you…

pathing06.png

The area in BLUE is the area that I just completed this afternoon after two weeks of work... and will be completing the area in green this week... all of the artwork for the areas in BLUE and GREEN are done (and representing a total of 300+ new renders that was done in these past two weeks) and the area in YELLOW still signifies scenes that require a few renders to be finished with those paths...

The RED area still needs to be completed and still needs renders for that area (likely totaling another 300-400+ new renders that will need to be done).

Not counting the Sprites and backgrounds that will be used in the Post Credits Scene, we already have over 1,200 images... and combined with the sprites, CHAPTER TWO currently has over 7,700 renders to it, with more that will be still added to it!

To put it into perspective, in the terms of “raw images rendered”, CHAPTER TWO has MORE RENDERS than the entirety of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and when the Prologue to “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” is completed it will even total more than our first game in both Word and Image count!!

This week will be spent completing all of the needed renders for the areas in YELLOW and the area in GREEN will be completely added to the TWINE FILE… once that is completed, I will begin the work needed for the RED ZONE and start adding that to the TWINE.

I will state this AGAIN… I will NEVER create another “chapter” release like this again with so many different outfits, variations and choices… not without more support and help!!

And, while I don’t have a specific release date locked down, I do know that once CHAPTER TWO is completed, I will be taking a week off to invest almost $4,000 USD into UPDATING my computer, which I’ve been holding off for a while now to get CHAPTER TWO done for all of you.

Once completed, I will have a system with, at the very least, an ASUS Z490 ROG Maximus XII Extreme (WiFi 6) Intel LGA 1200 eATX Motherboard, an Intel core i9-9900k coffee lake 3.6ghz eight-core lga 1151 processor, 128GB of RAM, two Asus Geforce RTX 3090 strix overclocked triple-fan 24gb gddr6x pcie 4.0 graphics cards and an additional 28tb of Hard Drive space.

Anyhow, that is where things currently stand… I am looking forward to getting this damn thing down and out to all of you who have graciously stuck around and continued to support us while we’ve been working on this and to also get my system updated, so that I can speed things up in my creation process for all of you.

THANK YOU so much for your patience, your continued support and belief in us and we’ll talk again soon!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I will state this AGAIN… I will NEVER create another “chapter” release like this again with so many different outfits, variations and choices… not without more support and help!!
I will hold you to that.:ROFLMAO:

Once completed, I will have a system with, at the very least, an ASUS Z490 ROG Maximus XII Extreme (WiFi 6) Intel LGA 1200 eATX Motherboard, an Intel core i9-9900k coffee lake 3.6ghz eight-core lga 1151 processor, 128GB of RAM, two Asus Geforce RTX 3090 strix overclocked triple-fan 24gb gddr6x pcie 4.0 graphics cards and an additional 28tb of Hard Drive space.
As for PCs, I do think that at the moment you would have more values for the bucks if you use an AMD CPU. Yet, I'm suprised that this cost only 4 grand. I would end up about 6 grand if I were to buy this...

Reactions: DA22 and Ayhsel

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah AMD with 12 cores should be similar price shouldn't it?
They seem to do real well on helping process 3d from what I have heard. But of course you do you.

Reactions: Ayhsel

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I will hold you to that.:ROFLMAO:

As for PCs, I do think that at the moment you would have more values for the bucks if you use an AMD CPU. Yet, I'm suprised that this cost only 4 grand. I would end up about 6 grand if I were to buy this...
It certainly would cost me more than 4K... But had already acquired all but the Graphic cards. The graphic cards are where the 4K is going... I really hope they are worth the expense.

As for AMD... Yeah have a few friends who have been trying to get me to convert to it, but I am a "stick with what you know " kind of guy and don't know enough about AMD to be comfortable to use it and don't want to trust my system build to some computer geek behind a counter in a store... I like building my own systems.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
It certainly would cost me more than 4K... But had already acquired all but the Graphic cards. The graphic cards are where the 4K is going... I really hope they are worth the expense.

As for AMD... Yeah have a few friends who have been trying to get me to convert to it, but I am a "stick with what you know " kind of guy and don't know enough about AMD to be comfortable to use it and don't want to trust my system build to some computer geek behind a counter in a store... I like building my own systems.
Oh definitely build your own. AMD uses ZIF and the stock wraith coolers bolt onto the motherboard so your are sure of certain contact and a good fit for cooling. I put an i5 in a machine back in gen 5 or 6 and the stupid plastic clips wore loose somehow and borked the machine. I have been happy with AMD for my last 3 builds in the last year (for others).

Reactions: ASLPro3D

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I'm a happy AMD user myself. Sure, the latest system I've built are both around 10 years now and were after the peak of the Athlon 64. Between then and until the had the Zen architecture ready the had nothing real against Intel. Now the put a lot of pressure on Intel and their sale for sever CPU has skyrocket, what is a very good indicator for which one has the "better" CPU.

In German it gives a saying: Was der Bauer nicht kennt, ist er nicht.
Roughly translated what someone don't know they don't eat or use.

PS: One of my old systems had already 128 GB RAM ;)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
ASLPro3D You were able to get your hands not on one, but TWO RTX3090???? Calculate me jealous!

I got lucky on that, one from NewEgg and the other from Micro Center... but been on backorder since September of last year when I purchased the one of Micro Center and that came in for pickup a couple of weeks ago (only one per household from them, so ordered the second one from NewEgg), still waiting on the one from NewEgg, but they had no problem taking my money ahead of time! :D

Reactions: Forix

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'm a happy AMD user myself. Sure, the latest system I've built are both around 10 years now and were after the peak of the Athlon 64. Between then and until the had the Zen architecture ready the had nothing real against Intel. Now the put a lot of pressure on Intel and their sale for sever CPU has skyrocket, what is a very good indicator for which one has the "better" CPU.

In German it gives a saying: Was der Bauer nicht kennt, ist er nicht.
Roughly translated what someone don't know they don't eat or use.

PS: One of my old systems had already 128 GB RAM ;)
Yeah, see... Athlon, Zen... all of that shit is Greek to me, even though I know they are processors... to me AMD is like telling a Commodore 64 guy to build an Amiga system... I have nothing against AMD or even using it... but if I can't tell you what one processor is, over the next, or tell you what gen is what, I have no business trying to use it... I know Intel, they don't give hyped names for each processor unit, it is a number... the higher the number, the better... i9 is better [greater] than i7, speed, mhz and such, easier for me to understand than flashy freaking names that don't mean crap. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, see... Athlon, Zen... all of that shit is Greek to me, even though I know they are processors... to me AMD is like telling a Commodore 64 guy to build an Amiga system... I have nothing against AMD or even using it... but if I can't tell you what one processor is, over the next, or tell you what gen is what, I have no business trying to use it... I know Intel, they don't give hyped names for each processor unit, it is a number... the higher the number, the better... i9 is better [greater] than i7, speed, mhz and such, easier for me to understand than flashy freaking names that don't mean crap. ;)
They all use this funny numbers. ;) The higher the better, usually. Even numbering it the same way Intel, so people only need to understand one magical number system. :ROFLMAO:

If you really want to know which CPU is the best for you then you have a lot to read and at the end of it, you still would need to run your exactly use case on the configuration your interested....

But from one nerd, trust me, at the moment AMD leads the race. Of course, this can and will always change, so nobody knows how long this will be so.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
They all use this funny numbers. ;) The higher the better, usually. Even numbering it the same way Intel, so people only need to understand one magical number system. :ROFLMAO:

If you really want to know which CPU is the best for you then you have a lot to read and at the end of it, you still would need to run your exactly use case on the configuration your interested....

But from one nerd, trust me, at the moment AMD leads the race. Of course, this can and will always change, so nobody knows how long this will be so.
Personally, I don't care about what the best that is out there, what I want is what can help me produce my work at a good rate of speed without headaches... I know Intel and their current processor is enough for the job that I need done, for me and my work, the GPU is the biggest necessary need and the RTX 3090 is it... that will likely change by October of this year, but I can't wait any longer... twin 1080 TI's is not nearly enough. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
So, just curious, but do you have an estimated time of release for the next update? I mean, it's already been 8 months since the last one, and as I really like your games, I'd love to see some more. Thanks.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So, just curious, but do you have an estimated time of release for the next update? I mean, it's already been 8 months since the last one, and as I really like your games, I'd love to see some more. Thanks.
Currently the YELLOW sections are done and nearly Half finished with the GREEN section... I am working as fast as I can. I don't want to provide an ETA and disappoint people... suffice to say, I am working on it as fast as possible and pulling long hours to get her done.

Reactions: c3p0 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Currently the YELLOW sections are done and nearly Half finished with the GREEN section... I am working as fast as I can. I don't want to provide an ETA and disappoint people... suffice to say, I am working on it as fast as possible and pulling long hours to get her done.
Remember to get rest as well so you can work on it fresh. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Remember to get rest as well so you can work on it fresh. :)
Yeah, it's nearly 8am here and have been working since around 2:30am... will probably lay down for an hour then get back up and work to 3pm... but definitely taking breaks and resting.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
No problem. I was just curious if you might of had an ETA or something. Your games are pretty fun, and I'm anticipating the next update. At least you give it as much as you can so that it isn't 5 minutes of new game play every update. Keep up the good work.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Unacceptable!
Still up, though I did put things down to have lunch with the wife... then when she returned to work, I did as well till dinner at 6:30pm... stayed in the living room to watch some television and just put her to bed 10pm... nearly a 20 hour day of being up, 16 hours spent of it working, with a good 3 of it, wrestling with Poser for a bit there... *shrug* I just want this fucking thing done.

• Red Heart

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Still up, though I did put things down to have lunch with the wife... then when she returned to work, I did as well till dinner at 6:30pm... stayed in the living room to watch some television and just put her to bed 10pm... nearly a 20 hour day of being up, 16 hours spent of it working, with a good 3 of it, wrestling with Poser for a bit there... *shrug* I just want this fucking thing done.
You do know I was joking, right?:p

• Haha
Reactions: ASLPro3D and Forix
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes