3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Personally, I don't hold much hope in finding someone that will... because every time I've asked for help, I end up spending more time telling them what I need from an artist and then they tell me they aren't interested, so all I am doing is wasting valuable time that could be spent working.
You've found 2 artist that would have work for you if life is not a bitch and throw us off every time something is "too" good.:cautious:
I also assume, that you wouldn't have switch to Daz and the new gen 8 models if you haven't had an artist who had worked with it. So I say, that is good thing even if it is not what you've hoped for.

I would render for you, if I had a decent PC, but I know for sure, that even if I had one, it would be one without Nvidia.:p
Other thing what about online render farms? I know, they cost money, but just a thought.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You've found 2 artist that would have work for you if life is not a bitch and throw us off every time something is "too" good.:cautious:
I also assume, that you wouldn't have switch to Daz and the new gen 8 models if you haven't had an artist who had worked with it. So I say, that is good thing even if it is not what you've hoped for.

I would render for you, if I had a decent PC, but I know for sure, that even if I had one, it would be one without Nvidia.:p
Other thing what about online render farms? I know, they cost money, but just a thought.
Yeah, I can honestly say, my entire motivation for switching over to Daz Studio and Genesis 8 was to be able to provide assistance to whomever we got as the lead artist and to have a realistic understanding of what I could expect from said artist by way of productivity.

Originally, when asking for an artist, I now know that my expectations (which were based on my experience of Poser and Victoria/Michael 4) was really UNREALISTIC when it comes to Daz Studio and Genesis 8... so, that might attribute some to the lack of response that we received from artists.

After trying to do this myself, regardless of my limited abilities (using software that I am still relatively new at), I think I have a fairly good grasp on what I can expect from someone when I begin asking for an artist's help again... or ways in which to diversify the workload evenly to be more efficient.

But... before I start beating the proverbial and virtual bushes again, asking for one, I at least want to have a fully functional example of the kind of quality that I seek from them. ;)

--Edited to add--

As for outside render farm... it would be doable if we were making more money. Right now, however, I can't justify paying $10 USD or more an hour to pay for something that I am already making so little income for... but might be an option once we've proven ourselves to be more dependable again in our releases.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
As for outside render farm... it would be doable if we were making more money. Right now, however, I can't justify paying $10 USD or more an hour to pay for something that I am already making so little income for... but might be an option once we've proven ourselves to be more dependable again in our releases.
I would say test it out. At the current time, I don't know if that is a good idea or just a waste of time, time and money. If your up to it, I would cover the cost for the trial run, if it doesn't become a four figure number. Not now, but at end of the this year - if the world doesn't fuck up my plans.:cautious:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Summerfun01.png

UPDATE: Fun in the Sun & Summer Heat… (sort of) – August 9, 2022
(As posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting and wonderous update from me on where everything currently stands and the madness that I call ‘My Life’!!!

WCE_Twine02.png

As you can see, from the main image of Claire with Michelle above and the current screengrab of my Twine file, that things are finally heating up between the two girls in the game (if you had selected a certain choice beforehand), but things over here have been incredibly hot, temperature-wise, long before this scene started.

Like many places in the world, recently, it has been unbearably hot this summer season… with temps here in Michigan hitting record highs in the mid to upper 90’s (35c) and with the relative humidity here being in the upper 80’s and 90’s it has pushed temps here in Michigan to triple digit numbers (highest recorded ‘real feel’ temp so far was 112f/44.5c) leaving many here feeling like we’re breathing water (which I suppose, if you think about it, we are)!

Still, even with my air running (God help my electric bill) and keeping the place at a tolerable 72f/22c degrees, both me and my computer have been chugging out work and renders to get a release your way.

Currently, I am at over 100 images (at 3840 x 2160) so far and an impressive word count for an expansion story, with more that still needs to be done… I am truly hoping that you will enjoy this (not-so-little) addition to the Main Story of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and will enjoy the new artwork contained within it.

I can’t thank you enough for your constant patience and support that you’ve shown us in this endeavor, learning this new program and the character figures (and even posing them) have been a challenge, and though I still have much learning to do, I’ve been impressed with the level of artwork that I’ve been able to create using it and really look forward to the things that I will be able to do when I learn more tips and tricks in it!

That said, due to the level of time that it has been taking me to render one image (anywhere between 1.5 hours to almost 4 hours, depending on the complexity of the scene, the reflections/refractions/shadows and geometry in them), I have definitely decided that once this Expansion Game is released and I start doing the other games, starting with “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers”, I will definitely be switching to using Pre-Rendered Backgrounds and Dialogue Character Sprites for character dialogue and storytelling… and keeping the fully rendered scenes (like the one above and those within this Expansion Game) and things like comic book panels just for ‘Dramatic’ and ‘Sex’ scenes.

This will speed things up in the storytelling and game release process and help us get to a regular release schedule (hopefully monthly) for all of you!

It is my hope that with the release of this Expansion Game, that we can use that as an example for what we are looking for in an artist that we hire, so that when we complete “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” we might return to the original format if possible… if not and remaining with a Sprite Based format, we’d at least be able to speed up or increase the amount of content in our games while maintaining a steady and reliable release schedule for all of you…

…that is my hope, plan and goal for the future… currently, my goal is just to get this Expansion Game done to the satisfaction of everyone and get it into your hands.

Again, none of this would’ve been possible if not for all of you who have stuck by us, supporting and encouraging us, I can’t thank you all enough and can’t wait to get this finished and find out your thoughts on all of our work!

Thank you and will keep you all updated!!!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
how come its on [Onhold] i been looking for good trans games as a trans myself pre hormomes because am coming out late i been dying to find good representation games i can get into
Because last update was nearly two years ago, regardless that Jack never stopped working on it.

As for a good representation of trans. I don't know. The one char that is, if my memory serves me right, is a MC can be a sissy, trans - or Futa, not 100% sure - or female.

The change was done magically, thus I don't know how good that is for representation.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
how come its on [Onhold] i been looking for good trans games as a trans myself pre hormomes because am coming out late i been dying to find good representation games i can get into
Thank you so much for visiting our page and game, JuneMarshallxoxo and for sharing with all of us a bit about yourself and about your desires to find a worthy representation to your own experience and I applaud you for having the courage to embrace the person you are and wish to be!

In answer to your question, I am currently back to working on the game, but it had been put on hold due to health reasons (I have degenerative spinal disease that required me to undergo two major back surgeries in the last three years) and also have switched to using new 3D software, character meshes and have been working a lot trying to learn it.

That said, we ARE working on the game and, to help me get more familiar with the new software and workload will be releasing a title that will be called: "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" that I believe you would be interested in.

In that game there is a pre-hormonal character named Jesse Baker who players will be able to interact and build a relationship with if they desire... this is what the character will look like in the new game (normally and crossdressing):

Jesse001.png
Jesse014.png

In our new game, if players choose to, they will be able to help Jesse overcome the bullying that he's suffered and learn to accept themself for who they are and, with the player's help, decide to go through the process of transitioning.

This character will also be key in helping Claire's brother understand the change that was (as pointed out by my friend c3p0) done magically to them... and maybe help him to embrace that change also.

Also, as you are someone who has recently come out, I am hoping that I can count on being able to come to you with any questions, thoughts or advice to make this character more understandable, likeable and believable...

Thank you again for having the courage to share about yourself and I sincerely hope that with your help and others, I can provide the kind of representation that you and others such as yourself can appreciate and enjoy.

~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
TheFates02.png

UPDATE: No Escaping Fate’s Fickle Nature… – August 26, 2022
(As posted on our Patreon Page)

Hello everyone, I hope this finds you safe and well… I present to all of you the redesign of the three Fates (also known as the Moirae or Norns and other such names throughout ancient mythology) in their Genesis 8 splendor.

I chose to show you them as for the last two weeks we’ve been the victims of their curious and unexplained nature.

For the last two years, we’ve been smiled upon by them in the midst of a global pandemic and had managed to avoid being an ever-growing statistic of Covid-19… as of Sunday, that household blessing ended for the wife and I.

In truth, it is a situation that was brought about through a poorly made decision on my wife’s part… despite my casual and weak protests, the wife decided to go with her family on a trip to Disney and Universal Studios.

Honestly, I couldn’t blame her… because of my health and this virus, the last couple of years has had her pretty much living like a cloister nun, huddled in the safety of our house and taking care of me while I waited for, eventually got and healed from two major back surgeries.

And, with her mom in her 80’s now, who can really say how much longer will she actually have the opportunity to do family trips like the one that they just had together… so, despite my concerns (and since her family was paying for it), I relented and told her that it was OK for her to go.

Since I am as broken as I am, unable to ride any rides, walk for long periods of time or risk suffering compression to my spine (either by flying or doing amusement park rides), I elected to stay home and use her time away as a means to get a lot of work done, because I wouldn’t have a nagging wife looking over my shoulder and complaining about how much time I was spending on the computer…

…and I spent a LOT of time on the computer in her absence, working on changing some of the things that I had initially planned for the “Wicked Choices Extra: Claire & Michelle - a Day at the Pond” extra that will be released soon.

Gone are some of the unnecessary routes that I had original chose to create, as they honestly weren’t necessary and was really a conflict to the Cannon of the “Wicked Choices” storyline and would only extend the time of getting the release into your hands since the renders are taking as long as they are taking to get done.

So, I spent the wife was away to focus on the release’s main storyline and get those renders done, while I worked in TWINE to remove the unnecessary parts and streamline the story for all of you.

Now, the choices in the release aren’t a bunch of unnecessary “blah, blah, blah” that would conflict with the cannon of the story, but… rather… your choices are now about how you want the two girls to explore and satisfy each other sexually.

Before you knew it, it was Saturday the 20th and time for me to go and pick the wife and family up from the airport and return, once more, to the normal daily grind and possibility of the wife nagging me to “STOP OVERDOING IT AND GET OFF THE COMPUTER, JACK!”.

However, by Sunday, the next day, the wife was complaining about how her usual allergies were really through the roof and giving her troubles… by Monday she was complaining even more and took a rapid test for Covid-19 and it came out: POSITIVE!

Surprise, surprise… not. I had warned her, but, as I said… I can’t have her miss time with her family at our ages.

So, two rapid tests and a PCR test (from the doctor) confirmed it, she came back with and had Covid-19… which thankfully isn’t as bad as it could’ve been since we both have taken the vaccine and two boosters… but, if she had it, it meant that it was only a matter of time before I got it.

Strangely enough, it is now Friday and several rapid tests of my own have all come out NEGATIVE, though I still had to go and see the doctor because there is something strange going on with me… apparently, my immune system is and has been fighting against the virus (along with the help of the Vaccines and Boosters that we’ve taken) and, the doctor thinks it is because of this, that I’ve broken out on my arms, face, chest and neck in itchy, splotchy red hives.

The last four days has been an exercise in not scratching myself bloody because of how bad these patches itch… and, I’d almost swear I had rolled around in poison ivy or something, it is THAT BAD (though I am not allergic to poison ivy)!!!

Still, even though I’ve been trying my best to take care of the wife and keep her comfortable, while also taking a bunch of antihistamines (Prednisone) and using things like Napha soap, Benadryl and Tecnu wash… I am STILL working!!!

ALSO, THE FATES HAVEN’T BEEN ALL BAD FOR US!!

While the wife was gone, I spoke with one of our wonderful patrons, yltohawk and he will be sending me his brother’s computer to work as a rendering box and speed things up for us in our workflow! His brother, Rick, had been one of our patrons from the very first release of “Wicked Choices: Book One” but, sadly, lost his fight last year against the Covid virus… so, while I wish that his brother was still here with all of us, I can’t thank yltohawk enough for this incredible gift that he is giving us and will cherish it greatly for it came from two wonderful brothers who have supported us for so long.

I can’t thank you enough, yltohawk for this wonderful gift and will put it to good use!

You can count on the “Wicked Choices Extra” release to be out sometime in September for all of you and as soon as I am done with my part of the new expansion release, I will begin the task of starting “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” for all of you!

Okay, time for me to run and check on the wife to see if she needs anything and get back to work. I hope that you all have a better, less stressful time of things than us over here and thank you for the love and support that you’ve shown us!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Before you knew it, it was Saturday the 20th and time for me to go and pick the wife and family up from the airport and return, once more, to the normal daily grind and possibility of the wife nagging me to “STOP OVERDOING IT AND GET OFF THE COMPUTER, JACK!”.
And I assume the wife is right with her nagging in regard.
I also thanks yltohawk and his brother for the incredible gift.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
She might be right about it... might. :rolleyes: I don't presume to argue with her... I like breathing. :D
Reminds me of a colleague of me. Also have trouble with his back and after the last issue, he walked like a 80 year old on a stick. Nothing that permanent, but his back is a lot older than the rest of his body...
When he took some painkillers his wife have given him, he ask her if they are safe to mix together., as his wife work in the hostpital. Her answer was, that if she would have wanted to kill him, she would have already done it.:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Haast and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
*points to 'Official Wife' arm band* Yea, arguing with the wife can be dangerous: we know where you sleep and make most of your food... :p
Exactly!!
So, best for me to nod wholeheartedly in agreement, do what she tells me... ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Reminds me of a colleague of me. Also have trouble with his back and after the last issue, he walked like a 80 year old on a stick. Nothing that permanent, but his back is a lot older than the rest of his body...
When he took some painkillers his wife have given him, he ask her if they are safe to mix together., as his wife work in the hostpital. Her answer was, that if she would have wanted to kill him, she would have already done it.:LOL:
Yeah, that is the thing with the disease that is destroying my spine.
I am 50 and have the skeletal frame of someone in their 80's, so I asked the doctor what it would look like then in my 80's and he winced... the wife said, don't worry, I'll carry you around in a jar. To which I replied: still alive though, right? She smiled and said: Sure as long as you don't upset me. :LOL:

Either way, I am ending up in a jar, it seems. :cry:

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes