• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

UPDATE: Helming the New Game Project… Steady as She Goes! – July 19, 2022
(As posted on our Patreon Page)

Good morning, afternoon, evening or whatever it is in your current time-zone and let me start by thanking you for your interest and for your support as we continue to move forward with things… so, thank you so much, honestly!

As mentioned in the title, as well as, in the example image above, you can see that I’ve been hard at work over here working on the new game for everyone and have been pulling out the stops and really testing myself and my abilities to present a really nice-looking game for all of you, as Claire tries to seduce Michelle for some sapphic love at her pond.

In hindsight, it probably would’ve been tons easier and much faster to have done the scene in her room, but when I originally considered that, we all know that Claire had already done something similar already with Paige, Michelle’s sister… so, didn’t feel like that would make a good fit and would seem redundant to me, as well as to you…

SO… pond it was!

Which means more activities the girls can do together… but also means, water, larger space, HDRI lighting, foliage and trees… all combined to make my god-like new computer system say: “WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING??

Personally, I am thinking this is going to look GREAT… but it is coming at a slight bit of a cost, as each render is taking anywhere between 2 to 3 hours to render out… but damn, if it doesn’t look GOOD!!!

Plus, another drag in time has been me researching for ways to create the scenes that I had planned and seen in this THICK SKULL of mine… such as the one you see above of them splashing around and playing in the water together… that required a whole lot of planning, testing, setting things up right with poses and props, lighting/camera angles and spending a large amount of time and money in Daz’s online store to make just that one image… but worth it!!!

I think it looks great and REALLY shows the level of effort that I am putting into learning this new software and trying to assemble not just a GREAT game to play for all of you, but one that blow any of my previous artwork done for “Wicked Choices: Book One” and the brief “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” prologue that I did.

All my happiness aside, let me quickly fill you in on the status of things… even with each render taking as long as they do, I am nearly 50 images into the creation of the game and about to move on to the more complex part of it… THE SEX SCENES!

There are three planned, in-depth sex/love scenes that you will be able to partake in and if you choose wisely and carefully throughout the game, you’ll be able to see all three in one long steamy scene… it will all be determined by how you respond, as Michelle, to Claire’s advances.

Set during the time that the Antichrist and family are staying at Janice, William and Claire’s house, as the Crawford Estate is being settled, this scene WILL BE CANNON… and what takes place at this pond will be mentioned later in the series of “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” when I return to work on it, as well as “Wicked Choices: Book Two”.

Barring any real problems, I expect to be completely finished with all of the rendering in 2-4 weeks (some scenes will be complicated and time consuming… such as inside the water scenes, which I will begin rendering this afternoon), but really hope to have something in your hands as soon as possible.

Again, thank you so much for your support and continued patience and interest in our stuff. I SERIOUSLY look forward to delivering to all of you an exciting NEW adventure with the same dedicated storytelling with NEW updated artwork and character designs and hope that you are all pleased with the work I’ve been doing in learning this new program!

If things continue to look this good, after only having started learning and using the software 5 months ago, I CAN’T WAIT to see what I can do after a year or more!!

Take care everyone and we’ll talk again soon,

~Jack
So I fkkn hate Patre-(PUKE)-on so very much

But you do not have a SubStar

So I signed up at Patreon because I really want to help make a future scene with AntiChrist and Claire and BOTH daughters just going at it like animals.

So yeah

Thanks for the peek into the upcoming content, it is looking very nice indeed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D and Forix

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So I fkkn hate Patre-(PUKE)-on so very much

But you do not have a SubStar

So I signed up at Patreon because I really want to help make a future scene with AntiChrist and Claire and BOTH daughters just going at it like animals.

So yeah

Thanks for the peek into the upcoming content, it is looking very nice indeed.
I really appreciate the support and I am sure in the future I can arrange for a scene like that to definitely occur for you and other fans!

As for SubscribeStar, I am holding off of opening an account there till I have the first episode/release of "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" as I don't want to fill the pages for that game with a bunch of info about a different game and confuse people... but, will certainly be opening one in the future for those who dislike/hate Patreon.

Thanks again for the support my friend!!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
As for SubscribeStar, I am holding off of opening an account there till I have the first episode/release of "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" as I don't want to fill the pages for that game with a bunch of info about a different game and confuse people... but, will certainly be opening one in the future for those who dislike/hate Patreon.
I surge ahead and say that most of use have something against Patreon. For me it is the whole ban any incest in any game crusade that they have done along with their try to remove all adult content from their site - they haven't done that, just because enough people had complained about them.

Thus I also would be more than happy if I has the option to switch.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
So. Is this next game you're currently working on going to be called Bed Chambers? Just want to make sure what to look for on here. Also, in what order are we supposed to play these? Like, is Karma before Book one? Or after? And where does Bed come in?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
So. Is this next game you're currently working on going to be called Bed Chambers? Just want to make sure what to look for on here. Also, in what order are we supposed to play these? Like, is Karma before Book one? Or after? And where does Bed come in?
Currently this will be the order of the games to play...

Wicked Choices: Book One (already out)
Wicked Choices EXtra: Claire & Michelle - A Day at the Pond (takes place during the Antichrist's stay at Claire's place)
Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers (happens right after WC:B1)
Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma (happens slightly during and just after Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers)
Wicked Choices: Book Two (happens slightly during both Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers and Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma)
Wicked Choices: Book Three (the final game and the final battle)

Hope that helps!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
WCE_Twine01.png

UPDATE: A Small Ball of Twine… for Patron’s Fun – July 26, 2022
(As posted on our Patreon page)

A new week and same tasks laid out before me, but getting there!

As you can see by the above screen capture of the current twine file for “Wicked Choices EXtra: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond” that there will be several choices that you will be able to place in this “Wicked Choices: Book One” expansion pack.

I’ve been asked by some players and patrons where this little addition fits into the currently timeline, as well as our other releases… so, let me help in that department…

“Wicked Choices Extra: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond” takes place while you (as the Antichrist) and your family is staying at Janice’s farmhouse and before Claire seduces you in the kitchen or takes advantage of you in her living room. And, as mentioned before, this event will be cannon, so what happens between both girls will open the door for more events between Claire and Michelle in “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma

“Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” takes place just after “Wicked Choices: Book One” and brings with it new characters that you (when you return to playing as the Antichrist) will get to enjoy… it will also reveal some REALLY BIG SECRETS and CONSPIRACIES about what is happening in Garnet City, New York and with the Crawford Family, the Angelions, Demonothans and Gaians… and sets everything up for…

“Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” which takes place just after “Wicked Choices: Book One” and also during and beyond “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers”, playing as either William/Billie, Claire or Emi, you must deal with the evil that has settled over Garnet City, New York and threatens your family and the Antichrist… leading to…

“Wicked Choices: Book Two” where you finally return to the role of the Antichrist and/or Princess Lynara during events that take place after “Wicked Choices: Book One” and during both “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” and after them... where, as the Antichrist, you must deal with the chaos happening within the Crawford family, avoid an assassination plot against you and learn to power-up and control your new abilities… while, in the meantime, Princess Lynara must determine if her place is alongside the Antichrist, go against her Queen/Aunt and pave the way to save her mother from Yomi-no-kuni while also tapping into her new powers… or releasing her dark side.

“Wicked Choices: Book Three” directly after “Wicked Choices: Book Two” and with the battle lines and sides having been chosen… and now comes the final battle… who will survive and what future will come as a result? Will you be victorious as the Antichrist, will you lose and who will make the ultimate sacrifice?

As with my first game, you can expect and plan for a lot of intense stories and writing, lots of opportunities for passion, love and romance… with one or more of the many characters that you’ll run across. You’ll be able to forge alliances, learn about new creatures and races… and maybe bed them if you want.

And… no doubt it will take a lot of work on our part and, hopefully, help in the near future…

I make this final point, because I need to be clear with all of you… I think the new artwork, character designs using Genesis 8 and the protentional provided to us from Daz Studio (versus Poser and Victoria/Michael 4 that I started with) will make our remaining games stand out from our first one (and possibly from other games out there, with hope), but with this new software and ability, comes a price… for example:

wce_mc037_d.png

The above image, which will be in our up-coming “Wicked Choices Extra” game came out absolutely wonderful… but even with the god-like powerful computer with 128gb of RAM and twin RTX 3090’s, still took a whooping 3 hours, 21 minutes and 32 seconds to fully render out!!!!

I am actually posing and setting up scenes faster than my computer can keep up with me in rendering, never experienced that before till now, and in the case of the above image… there are 3 variations of it (dressed, topless and nude)… totaling over 9 hours of rendering time… for 3 images!

I tried to do what is called “selective rendering” which only renders a highlighted area of a scene (in case of changes) but for some reason when I do that, the lighting isn’t exactly the same as if it rendered the whole scene… so, I am stuck having to render the full image for each variation.

So right now, I have my system rendering nearly 24 hours a day (even while I sleep) which has helped me to achieve the 60+ renders that I have so far.

But that is all that I can currently do, since Daz Studio isn’t even using my second GPU… if the image itself doesn’t total more than the allocated memory of the GPU it never uses the second card… so, no hope of bumped up speed in rendering time by having a second card.

If stats are what has been pre-released about the upcoming 4090’s cards, then you can be sure that I will pick one of those up and help speed things up and, possibly if reports are true, cut my rendering time in half… but, we’ll have to hold out till then, or… as I sincerely hope… we are able to find someone else who can take some of the artwork load off of me; someone that can do sets and designs, mini-animations and poses, while I focus on rendering, character creation and writing.

Though, till that opportunity presents itself, I will remain committed to doing it this way for now and ask that you all be patient, continue to support us, help us reach a level that will maybe attract a reliable artist to help us in this huge, but worthwhile, undertaking!

I thank you for all the support and patience that you’ve currently given us, I look forward to getting this little “Wicked Choices Extra” out to all of you, so you can let us know what you think of it… I hope that you will enjoy the artwork for it as much as I do… I am blown away by how much better this looks in comparison to what I was doing with Poser and I can only HOPE that as I get more familiar with this program, that things will only get better and better!!

Still, not bad… I think… for a guy who’s been only using this software for less than 6 months!

Have a good week, everyone and I will be talking to all of you soon,

~Jack

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

UPDATE: A Small Ball of Twine… for Patron’s Fun – July 26, 2022
(As posted on our Patreon page)

A new week and same tasks laid out before me, but getting there!

As you can see by the above screen capture of the current twine file for “Wicked Choices EXtra: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond” that there will be several choices that you will be able to place in this “Wicked Choices: Book One” expansion pack.

I’ve been asked by some players and patrons where this little addition fits into the currently timeline, as well as our other releases… so, let me help in that department…

“Wicked Choices Extra: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond” takes place while you (as the Antichrist) and your family is staying at Janice’s farmhouse and before Claire seduces you in the kitchen or takes advantage of you in her living room. And, as mentioned before, this event will be cannon, so what happens between both girls will open the door for more events between Claire and Michelle in “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma

“Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” takes place just after “Wicked Choices: Book One” and brings with it new characters that you (when you return to playing as the Antichrist) will get to enjoy… it will also reveal some REALLY BIG SECRETS and CONSPIRACIES about what is happening in Garnet City, New York and with the Crawford Family, the Angelions, Demonothans and Gaians… and sets everything up for…

“Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” which takes place just after “Wicked Choices: Book One” and also during and beyond “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers”, playing as either William/Billie, Claire or Emi, you must deal with the evil that has settled over Garnet City, New York and threatens your family and the Antichrist… leading to…

“Wicked Choices: Book Two” where you finally return to the role of the Antichrist and/or Princess Lynara during events that take place after “Wicked Choices: Book One” and during both “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” and after them... where, as the Antichrist, you must deal with the chaos happening within the Crawford family, avoid an assassination plot against you and learn to power-up and control your new abilities… while, in the meantime, Princess Lynara must determine if her place is alongside the Antichrist, go against her Queen/Aunt and pave the way to save her mother from Yomi-no-kuni while also tapping into her new powers… or releasing her dark side.

“Wicked Choices: Book Three” directly after “Wicked Choices: Book Two” and with the battle lines and sides having been chosen… and now comes the final battle… who will survive and what future will come as a result? Will you be victorious as the Antichrist, will you lose and who will make the ultimate sacrifice?

As with my first game, you can expect and plan for a lot of intense stories and writing, lots of opportunities for passion, love and romance… with one or more of the many characters that you’ll run across. You’ll be able to forge alliances, learn about new creatures and races… and maybe bed them if you want.

And… no doubt it will take a lot of work on our part and, hopefully, help in the near future…

I make this final point, because I need to be clear with all of you… I think the new artwork, character designs using Genesis 8 and the protentional provided to us from Daz Studio (versus Poser and Victoria/Michael 4 that I started with) will make our remaining games stand out from our first one (and possibly from other games out there, with hope), but with this new software and ability, comes a price… for example:

The above image, which will be in our up-coming “Wicked Choices Extra” game came out absolutely wonderful… but even with the god-like powerful computer with 128gb of RAM and twin RTX 3090’s, still took a whooping 3 hours, 21 minutes and 32 seconds to fully render out!!!!

I am actually posing and setting up scenes faster than my computer can keep up with me in rendering, never experienced that before till now, and in the case of the above image… there are 3 variations of it (dressed, topless and nude)… totaling over 9 hours of rendering time… for 3 images!

I tried to do what is called “selective rendering” which only renders a highlighted area of a scene (in case of changes) but for some reason when I do that, the lighting isn’t exactly the same as if it rendered the whole scene… so, I am stuck having to render the full image for each variation.

So right now, I have my system rendering nearly 24 hours a day (even while I sleep) which has helped me to achieve the 60+ renders that I have so far.

But that is all that I can currently do, since Daz Studio isn’t even using my second GPU… if the image itself doesn’t total more than the allocated memory of the GPU it never uses the second card… so, no hope of bumped up speed in rendering time by having a second card.

If stats are what has been pre-released about the upcoming 4090’s cards, then you can be sure that I will pick one of those up and help speed things up and, possibly if reports are true, cut my rendering time in half… but, we’ll have to hold out till then, or… as I sincerely hope… we are able to find someone else who can take some of the artwork load off of me; someone that can do sets and designs, mini-animations and poses, while I focus on rendering, character creation and writing.

Though, till that opportunity presents itself, I will remain committed to doing it this way for now and ask that you all be patient, continue to support us, help us reach a level that will maybe attract a reliable artist to help us in this huge, but worthwhile, undertaking!

I thank you for all the support and patience that you’ve currently given us, I look forward to getting this little “Wicked Choices Extra” out to all of you, so you can let us know what you think of it… I hope that you will enjoy the artwork for it as much as I do… I am blown away by how much better this looks in comparison to what I was doing with Poser and I can only HOPE that as I get more familiar with this program, that things will only get better and better!!

Still, not bad… I think… for a guy who’s been only using this software for less than 6 months!

Have a good week, everyone and I will be talking to all of you soon,

~Jack
There are an incredibly large number of reflections in the water but that still seems like too much time......

Try one with the same setup but remove the water just for testing and see how long it takes. Also are these 4k? 8k?

I wonder if some render setting is off.

PEACE

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
There are an incredibly large number of reflections in the water but that still seems like too much time......

Try one with the same setup but remove the water just for testing and see how long it takes. Also are these 4k? 8k?

I wonder if some render setting is off.

PEACE
Since the scene's location has been created using Ultra Scene Creator, I can't turn off the water... and even if I did, the water would no longer carry the reflections that they need to look realistic.

Nor do I think it really helps that the location has a crap-ton of polys to measure, count and render...

scene_polys.png

As for image size, I am rendering in 4k resolution, I am doing it this way and am having the programmer scale the images down to HD (1920 x 1080), which will get rid of any "fireflies" that show up in the renders... if I rendered straight to 1920 x 1080 size, the "fireflies" would be in the render and then I would have to go in and physical edit each render with a smoothing tool to get rid of them... so, better to render big and scale down, than render scaled down and do a ton of editing on each image. ;)

There really isn't, that I know of, a way to speed up rendering time.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Since the scene's location has been created using Ultra Scene Creator, I can't turn off the water... and even if I did, the water would no longer carry the reflections that they need to look realistic.

Nor do I think it really helps that the location has a crap-ton of polys to measure, count and render...

View attachment 1947891

As for image size, I am rendering in 4k resolution, I am doing it this way and am having the programmer scale the images down to HD (1920 x 1080), which will get rid of any "fireflies" that show up in the renders... if I rendered straight to 1920 x 1080 size, the "fireflies" would be in the render and then I would have to go in and physical edit each render with a smoothing tool to get rid of them... so, better to render big and scale down, than render scaled down and do a ton of editing on each image. ;)

There really isn't, that I know of, a way to speed up rendering time.
Yeah 4k then scale down to 1080p is common technique for nice looking end result. What was the time to render the ones on the dock where they weren't in the water?

EDIT:
I may be misremembering a scene, sorry.
The char shots you did where you show off new DAZ recreations of existing characters. How long did they take?

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah 4k then scale down to 1080p is common technique for nice looking end result. What was the time to render the ones on the dock where they weren't in the water?
Those took around an hour and a half (@ 99% converged ratio which I am using for all renders).

Right now, I am averaging between 1.5 hours to 4 hours rendering, depending on the angle, lighting and the items in the scene.

I also know I need to get a better handle on HDRI lighting... making sure the shadows are properly lit so that "fireflies" are kept to a minimum and I need to learn how to adjust the lighting (or character texture maps) to keep the skin from looking yellow/orange looking.

I think I figured that part out, but if I change it now, the images won't look consistent... I am still basically learning as I am going and doing this... not how I wanted to do this, but losing Nonsane to RL stuff, meant that I had to step up to the plate and try to swing for the fence with my limited abilities. *sigh*

FML...

Reactions: c3p0

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Those took around an hour and a half (@ 99% converged ratio which I am using for all renders).

Right now, I am averaging between 1.5 hours to 4 hours rendering, depending on the angle, lighting and the items in the scene.

I also know I need to get a better handle on HDRI lighting... making sure the shadows are properly lit so that "fireflies" are kept to a minimum and I need to learn how to adjust the lighting (or character texture maps) to keep the skin from looking yellow/orange looking.

I think I figured that part out, but if I change it now, the images won't look consistent... I am still basically learning as I am going and doing this... not how I wanted to do this, but losing Nonsane to RL stuff, meant that I had to step up to the plate and try to swing for the fence with my limited abilities. *sigh*

FML...
Don't get me wrong, the images are gorgeous. I still just feel like I have some simpler images with Gen 8.1 but they weren't super simple. And they took me 8-9 minutes with 2 characters and an HDRI background on my single 3060

So I wish I knew DAZ well enough to say why there is such a time gap...... I just feel like you should be getting stills faster

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Don't get me wrong, the images are gorgeous. I still just feel like I have some simpler images with Gen 8.1 but they weren't super simple. And they took me 8-9 minutes with 2 characters and an HDRI background on my single 3060

So I wish I knew DAZ well enough to say why there is such a time gap...... I just feel like you should be getting stills faster

Oh, on ones like you talk about, one or two characters with an HDRI background, those only take me around 1 to 2 minutes to render... I think the biggest hold up on what I am doing now is the size and scope of the area, the polys for the trees, the reflections/refractions and caustics of the water... just the entirety of the scene, which is unavoidable at this point... and something for me to keep in mind in the future with scenes like the Park in Garnet City, New York and the beach that players will be able to go to... that in some cases, some locations are just going to be a drag on rendering.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Oh, on ones like you talk about, one or two characters with an HDRI background, those only take me around 1 to 2 minutes to render... I think the biggest hold up on what I am doing now is the size and scope of the area, the polys for the trees, the reflections/refractions and caustics of the water... just the entirety of the scene, which is unavoidable at this point... and something for me to keep in mind in the future with scenes like the Park in Garnet City, New York and the beach that players will be able to go to... that in some cases, some locations are just going to be a drag on rendering.
I assume, as an even older oldtimer here on the board (together with jaw1986baby) you've already asked on this board for tips, tricks and rock'n'roll?

Also another point, your search thread for an artist. Shouldn't you reopen it?

Other than the scene looks very nice and I believe you that the background is "killing" your machine, so much details.
Also 128 GB RAM, I have it on my old, very big and, currently unused, machine too, since ages.:p:cool: Ok, it wouldn't help me, since I'm sure my rendering skills would be subpar and my GPU in it is, as the rest old and older....

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I need to learn how you smooth your edges so damn well.

I get jaggies on the long lines of the arms and legs

(Took me 2mins 20 sec so your multiple model sub 2 minutes makes me jealous as well)

• Red Heart

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
the good thing about long rendering times being a bottle neck is that it leavs more time to take care of yourself. IMO it is worth it. Not only the reflexions in the water but the shadows in the forest the deeper the eye go make it so it stand out among the crowd of DAZ3D games.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ASLPro3D and c3p0

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I assume, as an even older oldtimer here on the board (together with jaw1986baby) you've already asked on this board for tips, tricks and rock'n'roll?

Also another point, your search thread for an artist. Shouldn't you reopen it?

Other than the scene looks very nice and I believe you that the background is "killing" your machine, so much details.
Also 128 GB RAM, I have it on my old, very big and, currently unused, machine too, since ages.:p:cool: Ok, it wouldn't help me, since I'm sure my rendering skills would be subpar and my GPU in it is, as the rest old and older....

Yeah, I've asked around here, as well as on the forums at Daz, 'Rosity and 'Rotica, not to mention have visited several different tutorial videos on Youtube to learn even what I am currently able to do... I've been a human sponge for information the last 5 months to get better and better at creating and rendering in Daz.

I can honestly say, I have camera's down pretty much 100%... the camera system in Daz is very like using a real camera (for which I did professionally for a while), so I have the camera system down to a science... between aperture, FStop, DoF (Depth of Field), I got that all in the bag.

I still need some work on lighting, environments and tone mapping... which is evident with some of the skin tones not coming out 100% like I would like them to.

But have been getting some useful help from a bunch of different areas.

Like you, my old system which I replaced (and gave to the wife) while it has sufficient RAM and Virtual Page SYS and HD Space, it... unfortunately... it only has an i7 chipset and when trying to render the location that I've been doing for Claire and Michelle it just crashes to desktop... so, if I am going to utilize my second RTX 3090 which would require me to take apart the water-block system that I have the two of them in and I would have to put it in a whole new rig...

As for re-opening the Artist Request thread on here... I will probably do that AFTER I release the "Wicked Choices Extra", so that I can provide a working example of what would be required of them... and hopefully make a little more on my Patreon to make it appealing for them to want to join our team...

Personally, I don't hold much hope in finding someone that will... because every time I've asked for help, I end up spending more time telling them what I need from an artist and then they tell me they aren't interested, so all I am doing is wasting valuable time that could be spent working.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

I need to learn how you smooth your edges so damn well.

I get jaggies on the long lines of the arms and legs

(Took me 2mins 20 sec so your multiple model sub 2 minutes makes me jealous as well)
I think the smooth edges has a lot to do with the fact that I use denoiser (not sure if you do) and I bump up my convergence ratio to 99%...

I just did an example image to show you how mine came out... using the same HDRI as you...

Took me a little bit longer than yours, but I made sure to use the same settings that I am using in the location of Michelle and Claire at the pond... so, it kind of tells me that a lot of my drag time and rendering is the result of the location.

Edit: Also, for the record, I also use "Mitchell" on my denoiser.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I think the smooth edges has a lot to do with the fact that I use denoiser (not sure if you do) and I bump up my convergence ratio to 99%...

I just did an example image to show you how mine came out... using the same HDRI as you...

[removed image to reduce redundancy]

Took me a little bit longer than yours, but I made sure to use the same settings that I am using in the location of Michelle and Claire at the pond... so, it kind of tells me that a lot of my drag time and rendering is the result of the location.
Yeah I spoke to someone about it and they said that in your pier/dock for example all those floats/pontoons underneath holding it afloat are actually modeled even though they aren't visible in the end because DAZ does that. There is supposed to be a way to prevent it but I did not have enough time to understand the how.

But your example is quite nice. I can only imagine how long I would have to work to get the 2 models interacting and have it look correct. So you are doing quite well indeed IMO.

So take your time, do not overtax your body, but I think you will make a great looking story with this eXtra.

PEACE

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
the good thing about long rendering times being a bottle neck is that it leavs more time to take care of yourself. IMO it is worth it. Not only the reflexions in the water but the shadows in the forest the deeper the eye go make it so it stand out among the crowd of DAZ3D games.
Yeah, I have to say that while I am not really liking the extra time in rendering, I am pretty happy with the results and want to really do better than most Daz3D games that are circulating around here... I'd really like to get as good as my friend "Philly" who does "Depraved Awakenings" and "City of Broken Dreamers"... but, right now, with my limited time spent using Daz Studio, I think some of my work is already better than some of others who are out there and producing games using the same application.

While I am not happy with the extra time that it takes, I would rather ask my patrons to be patient and wait that extra time to deliver them something that looks amazing, with depth and real feel to the images that go with the story.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah I spoke to someone about it and they said that in your pier/dock for example all those floats/pontoons underneath holding it afloat are actually modeled even though they aren't visible in the end because DAZ does that. There is supposed to be a way to prevent it but I did not have enough time to understand the how.

But your example is quite nice. I can only imagine how long I would have to work to get the 2 models interacting and have it look correct. So you are doing quite well indeed IMO.

So take your time, do not overtax your body, but I think you will make a great looking story with this eXtra.

PEACE
I wasn't aware that there was something like that ability, I will have to hunt around and see if I can find out how to do it, jaw1986baby! I appreciate the information and the compliment! I happened to like your Teen Josie render, she's a cutie! :giggle:

I definitely think one way that I am going to be able to speed things up is go the way that I had originally planned while still working in Poser and that is to use "Background Stills" and "Dialogue Sprites" for normal conversations... do several renders of backgrounds for specific locations that can be reused in scenes with Character Sprites that take place in that location and then only do full renders in that location during special or sex scenes, will speed up some of the game's production time.

I should've done it with this little "expansion" game... but honestly, I didn't know what I was getting into or was expecting the renders to suddenly jump dramatically in rendering time as they have in this location. I had fully expected the rendering times to be like that of Claire at the Farm, where the renders were taking 20 minutes at most to complete...

... but I am still learning and gauging time to produce, which was the whole point of doing this "expansion" game, find out the time that it takes to produce, so that I have a good idea of what to expect and keep all of you in the loop on how things are proceeding. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: jaw1986baby
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes