ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
accident_scene01.png

UPDATE: The Delicate Scream of Pain – November 15, 2022
(Sort of as posted on our Patreon Page)

Hi everyone, sorry that I’ve been sort of off the grid the past couple of weeks… things have been freaking crazy around here and it has been quite the juggle.

Work has been progressing on the game(s), but admittedly not nearly as much as I would like. Part of that has to do with the current season… “Fall” is never really a good time for me, physically; a body that has undergone as many surgeries on my back, neck and spine is never happy with wet, chilly weather and being stuck living in Michigan, well… that’s all that you get this time of year.

Add to the fact that you have to rush around and prepare for winter, by making sure the mountainous amount of leaves from the neighbor’s SIX freaking cottonwood trees that gets dumped in your yard is moved out to the street to be picked up by the city… doesn’t help matters, so one week of the last few was spent removing over 400 cubic feet (know this for a fact as I did over 40 trips with my tractor and my 10 cubic feet dump cart full) of leaves from my yard for the city to clean up AND doped up on painkillers from all that work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It is the hope of both the wife and I, that at the start of next year we will be able to afford a new riding mower that has a vacuum and bagging system, so that we both don’t have to rake the leaves into piles and then pick them up, dump them in the cart and take it out to the street to dump… God, willing, I will be able to get a new riding mower, because my back can’t keep doing that.

I am so SICK of leaves!!!

Of course, with the extra punishment on the back and having had back surgery in late March, as well as, the US’s opioid problem, meant making an appointment and check up with the doctor to get refills on my pain meds, which also meant doing all of the tests to make sure that Jack wasn’t overly stupid in doing crap that he shouldn’t be doing with the back he has, so that he can get the meds to mask the pain and keep doing the work he needs to do on the game(s)…

…so, that took some time and running around as well… *sigh*

Knowing better (now) than to try and write storyline while doped to the gills on painkillers, I choose to focus on work that I knew needed to be done on the game(s) that I could do in the condition that I have been in…

As it stands, with the way that things are laid out storyline wise in our upcoming release “Wicked Choices Extra: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond” that release is really being treated as not just as an “extra” to “Wicked Choices: Book One” but is ALSO being treated as the PROLOGUE to “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” which will quickly follow.

As such, because I couldn’t do the remaining writing that I needed to get done on the “Extra” release, I finished creating the additional characters that would be needed for the first couple of releases “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and also working on setting up the Sprite & Location Background work that needs to be done for that game, so that when the game comes out it will look like this:

We want it to look crisp and clean for you the players, while also adding the ability for extended dialogues and conversations between the characters… because of this, when you are playing and choosing to interact with another character you will be able to actually INTERACT with the character, rather than just following along for the ride.

It is our hope and intention that you will be able to ASK the character a set of questions that you wish to choose to ask them, you will be able to REPLY to the character in return and earn/lose RELATIONSHIP points with that character based upon your INTERACTION with that character.

Using Sprites this way, will enable you to learn much, much more about a particular character… learn about their history, learn about their motivations, try to seduce them, date and or bed them… giving you much, much more control in the new games than what you had as the Antichrist or Princess Lynara in “Wicked Choices: Book One”.

Not only that, it is our hope in doing it this way… that you, as the character you are playing, will get to interact with any and all of the characters in the game and try to piece together the many different mysteries that you will find yourself involved in… by your ability to talk, question and interact with the characters, you will be your own detective and forge your own path to reach the game’s conclusion.

That is our hope at least and think we can do it.

Of course, as I said, I also spent a bit of time designing many of the other characters that will be needed in “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” like Detective Alfre Sanford, who is responsible for trying find the person responsible for the hit & run accident that put you (as Brent Chambers) in a wheelchair…

DetectiveAlfreSanford01.png

…and with the new system that we have in mind, not only will you be able to answer her questions (or how you answer them), but you can also pick her brain and maybe solve it without her… or team up with her to uncover the mysterious accident together… and maybe share a bed with her.

There are additional images of the lovely detective and some of her backstory posted above in the SPOILER.

So, while I’ve been a little too doped up to do real ‘writing’ for the game, I have been doing the work to bring us closer to also having “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” ready for release soon after the release of “Wicked Choices Extra: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond”.

Our goal is to get us back to having regular releases for all of you and keep you entertained for a good long time.

Okay, time for me to get back to work here… you guys have a good one and thank you so much for your patience and support. We really can’t wait to get these releases into your hands and give you the freedom we want to give you to forge your own path and relationships with characters!!

We’ll talk again soon!

~Jack

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Why is everybody so obsessive with leaves? For millions of years nobody moved a single leaf and somehow Earth still survived :)
I don't know about anyone else, but in my case, that many leaves are too much for my mower to mulch... in fact, with the cost of gas, I'd shudder to think just how much an attempt to try to do that would cost me. Also, our city ordinance requires the removal of leaves and because other areas of the city have a rodent problem, the city doesn't allow for compost piles in which rodents and other critters would nest in.

I've never had a rodent problem here at my place... I am fortunate enough to live near the nature center, so my backyard is constantly filled with wildlife and predators. Even so, I am still required to remove the leaves (which aren't even from any damn tree I own) by the city.

It is a strange world we live in... but also one where people refuse to do anything unless they are told to do it, thus requiring city/state and country governments to play mommy and daddy to tell them what to do with their lives.

It's fucked up.

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and Nulldev

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I don't know about anyone else, but in my case, that many leaves are too much for my mower to mulch... in fact, with the cost of gas, I'd shudder to think just how much an attempt to try to do that would cost me. Also, our city ordinance requires the removal of leaves and because other areas of the city have a rodent problem, the city doesn't allow for compost piles in which rodents and other critters would nest in.

I've never had a rodent problem here at my place... I am fortunate enough to live near the nature center, so my backyard is constantly filled with wildlife and predators. Even so, I am still required to remove the leaves (which aren't even from any damn tree I own) by the city.

It is a strange world we live in... but also one where people refuse to do anything unless they are told to do it, thus requiring city/state and country governments to play mommy and daddy to tell them what to do with their lives.

It's fucked up.
And that is one of the many reasons I love living in the country. No city ordinances telling me what to do. LoL. I get what you're saying, though. Used to live in town a long time ago. If your grass grew over 5 inches, you'd get a letter telling you to mow it or else.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
And that is one of the many reasons I love living in the country. No city ordinances telling me what to do. LoL. I get what you're saying, though. Used to live in town a long time ago. If your grass grew over 5 inches, you'd get a letter telling you to mow it or else.

EXACTLY!!

Anything to try and make a little extra money off of the homeowner, not like they don't already make enough from taxes and damn mileages!

Honestly, I MISS living in the country... but where I lived, before I married the wife, would've meant her driving an hour and a half to her job and an hour and a half home every day. Heck, it was a 20-minute drive just to get to the store where I used to live... so, it wasn't really an option for her.

She's always been a city girl and I've always been a country boy.

So, once we saved up enough money to buy a house, I had the stipulation that whatever we bought, wherever we lived there needed to be SPACE... no more of this reach out of the bathroom window and shake hands with the freaking neighbor bullshit (or listen to them freaking arguing all hours of the freaking day)... no, I wanted a place that would have a good chunk of space and set off from the neighbors some to have some privacy and have the place in a location that would have some wildlife nearby.

As such, in 2008, we bought this nice place with a little more than a quarter acre of land that is pretty much smack dab in the city but is nearby a 10-15 mile stretch of federal nature preserve/land complete with deer, fox, rabbit, skunk, opossum, raccoons, hawks, turkey vultures, squirrels (up the wazoo) and crap ton of various birds, ducks, geese and other wildlife.

Of course, when I purchased the place, I had only had one neck surgery at the time and was much, much healthier than I am now... I didn't know in the time, since buying the place, that I would end up having 2 more neck surgeries and also 5 back surgeries and one knee surgery... which, honestly, makes upkeep of the land a bit more difficult than I envisioned when I bought the place.

BUT... even though I have to follow the stupid rules of grass length, composting (in plastic cans to be picked up by trash trucks), no burning (unless in a purchased fire pit), I have my space and the wildlife I wanted and am known as the "Doctor Dolittle" of the city by my neighbors and getting really great photos of the animals that come to visit me and that I take care of and feed... such as:

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
but where I lived, before I married the wife, would've meant her driving an hour and a half to her job and an hour and a half home every day. Heck, it was a 20-minute drive just to get to the store where I used to live...
That's the only problem with where I live. I'm 53 minutes away from work, one way. And 30 minutes from Walmart. But I'd rather pay the gas every other day than live where people are too close to me. LoL

• Red Heart
Reactions: Haast and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
That's the only problem with where I live. I'm 53 minutes away from work, one way. And 30 minutes from Walmart. But I'd rather pay the gas every other day than live where people are too close to me. LoL
Yeah, I totally get that and envy you!
I love my wife and I am lucky to have her... I'd never find anyone else willing to take care of me or put up with my ugly ass, so I put up with the city life.
At least though, like I said, I still have my little slice of animal kingdom that I get to still enjoy... so it isn't all bad.

Reactions: Haast and Talmadge

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Hi,only skimmed through here so a quick question: Since the newer posts are about Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers, is this a side story, a prequel or where can i sort it in?

Thx in advance!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hi,only skimmed through here so a quick question: Since the newer posts are about Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers, is this a side story, a prequel or where can i sort it in?

Thx in advance!
Nothing is a side story here. All things are interweaved with the others and if you fuck in one game up, you will have the mess in the others too.;)
From what I remembered, Jack has every right to correct me in case I'm wrong although I'm never wrong:WeSmart:, is that Bed Chambers is before, during and after Book 1.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Nothing is a side story here. All things are interweaved with the others and if you fuck in one game up, you will have the mess in the others too.;)
From what I remembered, Jack has every right to correct me in case I'm wrong although I'm never wrong:WeSmart:, is that Bed Chambers is before, during and after Book 1.
Eh what? So my safe game gets carried over to all other games or is there some kind of questioning at the start of each game how you acted in the other games?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

Thx in advance!
Hi Dudlbert!

As mentioned by c3p0 there really isn't such a thing as a side story with the "Wicked Choices" universe.

We are putting a hold on "Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma" as I need to do a lot of character and location conversions from Poser (which I used for the first game) to Daz Studio (which I am using now) and will be doing "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers".

The way it works is this:

"Wicked Choices: Book One" is the introduction to that universe and start of everything with you playing as the Antichrist.

"Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" happens a little bit before, during and just after "Wicked Choices: Book One" and you'll be playing other characters who have just as much a role in this universe and in dealing with the Angelions, Demonothans and Gaians. It will also reveal a plot that you will have to try and stop or participate in to deal with (or protect) the Antichrist and others in his family.

"Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma" happens at the same time as "Wicked Choices: Book One" and "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" and continues the theme of "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers", this time allowing you to assume the role of either the Antichrist's niece: Claire Crawford-Davies, or as William Crawford-Davies (in the form dependent on your chosen punishment), or as a new character: Emiko Fuwa (who works directly for the goddess Karma). In this game, you will be working as those characters to help finish the work started and being done by the Main Characters in "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers".

"Wicked Choices: Book Two" will happen just after "Wicked Choices: Book One" and continue to happen at the same time as "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" and "Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma"... while the characters of "Bed Chambers" and those in "Agents of Karma" are trying to stop a plot that seeks to claim the life of the Antichrist and his family, the Antichrist will have to deal with rescuing Princess Lynara and trying to keep her and himself safe from the Angelions who want them dead... and also do what they need to do to try and free the Demonothans from their captivity if players desire it.

"Wicked Choices: Book Three" will take place JUST AFTER "Wicked Choices: Book Two" where the Antichrist and Princess Lynara, along with those other characters that helped to protect them in "Bed Chambers" and "Agents of Karma", will finally fight the war that has been building with the Demonothans, Angelions and Gaians... it will be here where all of your choices will determine whose side you wish to fight for and protect in a battle and with soldiers you've won to your cause.

As mentioned, every choice that you will be making in these games will count towards the ending of it in "Wicked Choices: Book Three"... but, yeah, there really isn't a side game with us... each one has a purpose and helps to support the other and their characters. ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Eh what? So my safe game gets carried over to all other games or is there some kind of questioning at the start of each game how you acted in the other games?
Your save game will get carried over to the next game... but for those that didn't play the other games, there will be a questionnaire that they can fill out and take a chance that they picked right without knowing the full story.

Reactions: Dudlbert

drenai1

Feb 22, 2021
Your save game will get carried over to the next game... but for those that didn't play the other games, there will be a questionnaire that they can fill out and take a chance that they picked right without knowing the full story.
Thank you for this!

It can be very frustrating trying out a new game only to learn that you can't play it until you finish the previous game and have a save file to transfer over. I'd much rather try out the game I already have to see if I like it and then decide whether to download the other game.

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Hi Dudlbert!

As mentioned by c3p0 there really isn't such a thing as a side story with the "Wicked Choices" universe.

We are putting a hold on "Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma" as I need to do a lot of character and location conversions from Poser (which I used for the first game) to Daz Studio (which I am using now) and will be doing "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers".

The way it works is this:

"Wicked Choices: Book One" is the introduction to that universe and start of everything with you playing as the Antichrist.

"Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" happens a little bit before, during and just after "Wicked Choices: Book One" and you'll be playing other characters who have just as much a role in this universe and in dealing with the Angelions, Demonothans and Gaians. It will also reveal a plot that you will have to try and stop or participate in to deal with (or protect) the Antichrist and others in his family.

"Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma" happens at the same time as "Wicked Choices: Book One" and "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" and continues the theme of "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers", this time allowing you to assume the role of either the Antichrist's niece: Claire Crawford-Davies, or as William Crawford-Davies (in the form dependent on your chosen punishment), or as a new character: Emiko Fuwa (who works directly for the goddess Karma). In this game, you will be working as those characters to help finish the work started and being done by the Main Characters in "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers".

"Wicked Choices: Book Two" will happen just after "Wicked Choices: Book One" and continue to happen at the same time as "Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" and "Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma"... while the characters of "Bed Chambers" and those in "Agents of Karma" are trying to stop a plot that seeks to claim the life of the Antichrist and his family, the Antichrist will have to deal with rescuing Princess Lynara and trying to keep her and himself safe from the Angelions who want them dead... and also do what they need to do to try and free the Demonothans from their captivity if players desire it.

"Wicked Choices: Book Three" will take place JUST AFTER "Wicked Choices: Book Two" where the Antichrist and Princess Lynara, along with those other characters that helped to protect them in "Bed Chambers" and "Agents of Karma", will finally fight the war that has been building with the Demonothans, Angelions and Gaians... it will be here where all of your choices will determine whose side you wish to fight for and protect in a battle and with soldiers you've won to your cause.

As mentioned, every choice that you will be making in these games will count towards the ending of it in "Wicked Choices: Book Three"... but, yeah, there really isn't a side game with us... each one has a purpose and helps to support the other and their characters. ;)
Thx for the clarification. Finally done with Book One now. I liked the game so far, the story, characters and settings are great and i like how you outline your plans for the story through 4 more parts BUT seeing how other games here fare and how much time it takes for their updates, i hope you and your team are not over your heads. Not that the conclusion of the story take as much time as mcu phase one or worst case, doesnt get finished at all.

Besides this, i would like i little bit more to "see" instead of "tell". Most of the scenes were mostly explained instead of shown and compared to the explanation or narration, there was a lot less talking between characters.

Ah and i remember two parts, which i felt were kind of plotholes:
1. If Jesus was the first "Antichrist", why did the Angelions, which "created" the christian religion, wrote the bible (at least the new testatemnt) around him? Even more so, why do the original beeings (Angelions/Demonothans) refer to them as "antichirst" if this term comes as Antagonist from Jesus Christ? It would be much better if at least the "old" races would refer to mc with a different title.

2. Spaceships but Swords? One can understand or explain magic through emotions but with the technology for space travel and an endless war between two planets, why on earth would the still use melee weapons such as swords? Even for the sake of argument, not everybody can wield magic. They should at least have a technology far more advanced as ours since Syrina talked about something like folding space for traveling and such. They clearly have some kind of advanced understanding of physics. Besides this, why are they still living in a medieval state of housing? No elecctricity or running water even after thousands of years on earth?

I know, its "just" an adult VN but these things were really bugging me.:D

PS: I remeber one technical aspect for which you have to watch out further down the games: At one point i was looking into the character journals and i dont know which one it was but it told me about how MC git into the body of the dead Demonothan to talk with Lilith. Problem was, this didnt happen at that point of the game were i was and so in fear of more spoilers, i stopped reading them completely.

Again great game so far and im looking forward to play the others.:)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thx for the clarification. Finally done with Book One now. I liked the game so far, the story, characters and settings are great and i like how you outline your plans for the story through 4 more parts BUT seeing how other games here fare and how much time it takes for their updates, i hope you and your team are not over your heads. Not that the conclusion of the story take as much time as mcu phase one or worst case, doesnt get finished at all.

Besides this, i would like i little bit more to "see" instead of "tell". Most of the scenes were mostly explained instead of shown and compared to the explanation or narration, there was a lot less talking between characters.

Ah and i remember two parts, which i felt were kind of plotholes:
1. If Jesus was the first "Antichrist", why did the Angelions, which "created" the christian religion, wrote the bible (at least the new testatemnt) around him? Even more so, why do the original beeings (Angelions/Demonothans) refer to them as "antichirst" if this term comes as Antagonist from Jesus Christ? It would be much better if at least the "old" races would refer to mc with a different title.

2. Spaceships but Swords? One can understand or explain magic through emotions but with the technology for space travel and an endless war between two planets, why on earth would the still use melee weapons such as swords? Even for the sake of argument, not everybody can wield magic. They should at least have a technology far more advanced as ours since Syrina talked about something like folding space for traveling and such. They clearly have some kind of advanced understanding of physics. Besides this, why are they still living in a medieval state of housing? No elecctricity or running water even after thousands of years on earth?

I know, its "just" an adult VN but these things were really bugging me.:D

PS: I remeber one technical aspect for which you have to watch out further down the games: At one point i was looking into the character journals and i dont know which one it was but it told me about how MC git into the body of the dead Demonothan to talk with Lilith. Problem was, this didnt happen at that point of the game were i was and so in fear of more spoilers, i stopped reading them completely.

Again great game so far and im looking forward to play the others.:)

In regard to the exuberant plans for the following games and whether it will happen or not, I am planning on it happening, as I don’t have much else to do in this life. But the value of it and speed in which they are released will kind of determine on the players, patrons and, of course my health.

Either way, I have to have the story plotted out, or it will just grind on forever, blue-balling and milking players and patrons, like some of the games out there that have lost their way and storytelling.

As for your questions:

• Writing a book to sway people to your side of things always helps to have a ‘victim’ as the lead in that book. People flock to martyrs, get spun up and their panties in a bunch and cry out for vengeance, solidifying their cause and the orchestrators of the event that is being played out.

You have to look no further than today’s politics in the United States to see such examples.

As for Jesus and the Angelions who orchestrated all of this, they never referred to Christ as the ‘Antichrist’, in fact, they had him as the ‘Savior’ of man… allowed him to perform his miracles, gain followers then orchestrated his murder to make a martyr of him and gain even more supporters.

In the case of the MC being the ‘Antichrist’, the Angelions knew that they would eventually appear, might not be able to control them so marked them as the villain in the story, turn people against them and have the world believe that their appearance would mark the end of the world.

Using the term ‘Antichrist’ tells their followers that the person is the exact opposite of their Savior, stirring them up to want to crush and destroy them even before their appearance… in the case of our game, the bible is simply a means of propaganda… which if you consider the fact that it is often used to create wars, and how the kings of old and men today use it to dictate how a governed people should behave or act… well, guess it isn’t too far from the truth in reality as it is in our game.

• As for swords rather than ray guns… allow me to use a famous quote: “Not as random or as clumsy as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."— Obi Wan ‘Ben’ Kenobi, A New Hope

I am approaching it this way… the Angelions and Demonothans have been fighting their war among humanity since long before the middle-ages and have done all they can to blend in with humanity.

Add to the fact that they crash landed on our planet, means that their technology while advanced may not have power sources that match our own or holding on to the use of them till the final war…

Also, I kind of approach it the same way that I was taught in the military… I don’t need a ‘gun’ to kill a person, I can just as easily kill a person with a sword, knife or spoon… use whatever tool you can use to get the job done.

As you said, it is just a story and a game… some decisions are just my own decisions and things that make sense to me, may not make sense to someone else… but, since it is my story, I get to do what I want. *wink*

As for the profile displaying something before it was supposed to, I will have to look into that. But, yeah, that shouldn’t have shown up till the point in the story that it happens.

Glad you enjoyed the game and hope that you will continue to enjoy it as it continues!

~Jack

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes