3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
ASLPro3D What is the current situation with Agents of Karma, are you planning on continuing it or has the Bed Chambers took over the dev time from it? Been waiting for continuation of the story for a while now and would love to see it :)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hi HentaiKami

There really isn’t a quick and easy answer to this, beyond what I’ve already posted in previous posts.

Despite the grueling and frustrating health issues that I’ve had to endure, as well as the very time-consuming efforts to shift from using Smith Micro’s/Renderosity’s “Poser” 3D application and using Michael and Victoria 4 meshes to learning Daz3D’s “Daz Studio” 3D application and recreating all of the previous M4/V4 characters as Genesis 8 characters, as well as buying and rebuilding/redoing a lot of the characters, outfits, locations and sets which has been problematic, financially draining and time consuming, to say the least.

As such, we felt it more prudent to divide “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”, into TWO pieces, rather than just one overly large version (focusing on the new characters, new locations and sets which are quicker to create and utilize than trying to rebuild everything and keep people waiting even longer), which is why the events that will take place in “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” will be happening at the same time as the events in “Agents of Karma”, as both was supposed to happen in one game.

Characters from “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” will be in “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and vice-versa, as our library of characters and locations grow using the new software and format and both games will include the storyline, storytelling and sexual preferences and situations that you all are looking forward to.

We really don’t like keeping people waiting, but this has been a very trying and costly change over for us in both time and finances (particularly given today’s economic situation worldwide) and, additionally, must be performed through health-related issues and lots of physical therapy.

Despite all of this, I’ve already spoke with fried , who is a moderator of this site and informed them of our current status and assured them that it is our intention to have our first release of the Prologue in April… as, I said, we are all juggling here (both financially and health-wise) to get product out to those who support us and remain our fans… all we ask is for people to understand the burden that we are undertaking to make this happen. :giggle:

~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Status07.png

UPDATE: Nearing the Game Release & Health Status – April 9, 2023
(As sort of posted on our Patreon Page)

Hi everyone, I hope that this finds you all doing well and want to take a moment to wish those of you who celebrate it a very wonderful, safe and Happy Easter and a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend and co-worker, Sierra3!!!

Now, for the reason you are all gathered here and reading this… the GAME! I apologize in advance as this will be a LOT of reading for all of you, but it covers everything you need to know about the releases that will be coming out and status of things!!!

Right now, there is still a bit more work that needs to be done, but we are nearing our first release since we switched over from our old software (Poser) and 3D character meshes (Michael & Victoria 4) to learning and using the new software (Daz Studio) and recreating/designing all of the character to the new 3D character meshes (Genesis 8 Male & Female).

This has been, without a doubt, a major challenge for us (me in particular), not just on a learning curve of having to teach an “Old Dog New Tricks”, but also financially as well… as I’ve had to spend lots in buying new content to use for the game (character morphs, skin textures, clothing, props, sets and locations) and rebuild a library of workable content in Daz Studio…

…but I BELIEVE that it has been WORTH IT and have seen this as an INVESTMENT for the future of our small game company and the future of our games.

GAME PLAN CHANGES:

Also, some things have slightly changed with this upcoming release that you’ve all been patiently waiting for… originally, it was just going to be “Wicked Choices: Michelle & Claire – A Day at the Pond”, but it has now changed from just being a small little release of two girls exploring each other to being the actual PROLOGUE to “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and will have THREE (3) important scenes that will take place in it.

Not only will you get to see Claire and Michelle entertaining each other, just before Claire goes on to awaken the Antichrist (which you witnessed in “Wicked Choices: Book One”, but you will also get to meet and be introduced to the Main Antagonist for “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers”, “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” and “Wicked Choices: Book Two” and that would be…

…Daryl Crawford Jr. (the Antichrist’s brother-in-law) who is insanely upset that he lost control of his family and family fortune… and he has major plans to get that control back which is going to take a lot of people to put a stop to it!

The other scene will be of Karma as she is gathering her “Agents”, that includes the characters from “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers”, “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” and “Wicked Choices: Book Two”, as she works to try to repair the “Tapestry of Time” and also try to protect and provide support to the Antichrist.

This prologue release will tie together the events that took place at the end of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and set into motion all of the things that you (as the player of our game series) must do to help the Antichrist survive and have the support that the Antichrist needs for the upcoming war!

GAME RELEASE & STATUS:

As it currently stands, there are still some odds and ends that need to be completed before the Prologue release comes out to all of you… right now, the majority of the main storyline renders are all done for the PROLOGUE and I am working on the game character’s Profile Menus.

Because the artwork that we are doing now, since the change in the 3D software and 3D meshes, has changed so radically, we felt that the game’s menu should reflect that change some as well… particularly when it comes to viewing all of the profiles for the characters that you will encounter in the game.

Unlike in the previous game “Wicked Choices: Book One” and the, now on hiatus, “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma” that utilized just still images when viewing character profiles, stats and background information, this area will now feature an animated 3D representation of the character that you wish to learn more about or view their stats… like in this demonstration with Claire and of Michelle:

View attachment claire_a_24.webm

View attachment michelle_a_24.webm

In the game menu, the animation will be on an infinite loop and above the console there will be a floating menu system that will provide you with the character’s stats, profile information and a summary of their backstory.

Additionally, depending on where you are at in the game and what you’ve unlocked of that character, you’ll also be able to change their outfits, their state of dress or view the character nude.

Although simple in design and looks for you the player, these are honestly taking a bit of time to accomplish for each character (9 of them) that you will encounter in the Prologue release, as they are 100 frames of animation and each of these took around 8 or more hours to render (no less than 5 minutes per image at 100 images).

Furthermore, I have also discovered that I can’t do much of anything else while these render out, as it bogs even my MONSTER of a system down, if I change Daz Studio’s affinity level in my task manager to cut down the CPU cores being used (to free up resources to do other things) it slows down the rendering time from 5 minutes or more per render to 7-10 minutes per render… making the animation take longer than 7 or 8 hour per animation to render out.

So, I am definitely going to have to get a second system eventually to just use as a rendering machine to speed up production time in the future… I’m not rich, so that is going to have to wait till we’ve once again start making more money.

One other thing to note that is different from our previous game(s)… I am pleased to announce that will have a completely unique theme songs (and possibly soundtrack) for our game composed by our good friend Frank Schröter!

Frank is an EXTREMELY talented friend and creator and many of you may be familiar with some of his stuff through his previous work in such movies as: Mortal Kombat, Aliens VS Predator, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Savage Love, the upcoming movie God Forsaken.

Without further ado, you can listen to the main theme for “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and this theme will be used in the trailer that we will be designing for our game and for our game’s eventual release on Steam! You can listen to it (currently using our game's animated banner with some of the characters you will meet in the game as an image placeholder) here:

I can’t thank Frank enough for all of his time and effort in helping to capture the essence that we hope to create and stimulate all of you with while playing our game and, please, if you’d like to listen to more of his work, want to hire him or just support him for his efforts with us, you can visit his Patreon Page here:

PROLOGUE RELEASE SCHEDULE:

We have been working our butts off over here and even more-so now that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As it stands, it is looking like the “Wicked Choices: Bed ChambersPROLOGUE release will be out for all of you and in your hands by the end of this month or the very beginning of May with the first chapter release of “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” following not long after!

Once the PROLOGUE release is out to all of you, I will finish up my work on CHAPTER ONE’S release and then start work on CHAPTER TWO… this is shaping up to be a VERY EXCITING SUMMER for all of you!!

I can’t give specifics on when the release of CHAPTER ONE will occur, as there is still some small pieces that still need to be done for it such as (Main and Dialogue Sprites and Backgrounds and Character Menu Animation) but all of the Events and Main Artwork is finished for it… I am not sure how long it will take to get the stuff done that needs to be done, finished as I am still kind of in a holding pattern health-wise.

CURRENT HEALTH:

As many of you know, things have been a sort of clusterf*ck over here for some time in the HEALTH DEPARTMENT!

First about our business partner, friend, Birthday Boy and game editor and SFX artist, SIERRA3: I am very pleased to report that his major open-heart surgery was a SUCCESS and he is currently back home, resting and now doing Physical and Occupational Therapy! I ask that you please continue to hold him in your thoughts and prayers and send good vibes and wishes his way.

In my case, I am doing as well as I can… after needing major back surgery in 2020/2021 and again in 2022, I am still currently dealing with this left shoulder of mine after having my legs go out from under me due to my back and poor signals to the legs from my (overworked) brain and falling down the stairs.

As of March 31st, I have completed my 6 weeks of Physical Therapy (more like torture) and, as suspected, the therapist has sent a recommendation for a complete left shoulder replacement!

Prior to that last therapy lesson (and kind of knowing what the therapist would recommend) I visited my doctor on March 27th to see if there was any way that we could try and avoid that if possible and set up an MRI to take place on April 19th to see the level of damage in my shoulder that the ultrasound might not have found in February.

Personally, I don’t want to have to have major freaking surgery for the third year straight and certainly don’t want to guess at what I will be looking at for recovery time if they have to replace this entire shoulder, so I am doing everything I can to manage the pain as best I can (yeah, with drugs *sigh*) and trying not to overuse the shoulder and piss the wife off, or my business partners or any of you, too much.

My hope that if there is any surgery that really needs to be done, that it might be able to be don arthroscopically, where the healing time is much quicker than what I’d be looking at with a complete shoulder replacement…

…either way, I have until April 19th to worry about any of that BS and will keep plugging away so I can get this release out and will let you know further about the shoulder as I learn it.

Well, I am sorry that this was so much to read for all of you, I wasn’t expecting such a wall of text, but wanted to get all of you as current as possible and let you know that you will have something in your hands by the end of this month or beginning of May at the latest.

Thank you all so much for your continued support, for all of your kind thoughts, messages and thoughts in regard to the health crap we’ve been dealing with, and I will be talking to all of you again soon!!

Take care and talk soon,

~Jack

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
In my case, I am doing as well as I can… after needing major back surgery in 2020/2021 and again in 2022, I am still currently dealing with this left shoulder of mine after having my legs go out from under me due to my back and poor signals to the legs from my (overworked) brain and falling down the stairs.

As of March 31st, I have completed my 6 weeks of Physical Therapy (more like torture) and, as suspected, the therapist has sent a recommendation for a complete left shoulder replacement!

Prior to that last therapy lesson (and kind of knowing what the therapist would recommend) I visited my doctor on March 27th to see if there was any way that we could try and avoid that if possible and set up an MRI to take place on April 19th to see the level of damage in my shoulder that the ultrasound might not have found in February.

Personally, I don’t want to have to have major freaking surgery for the third year straight and certainly don’t want to guess at what I will be looking at for recovery time if they have to replace this entire shoulder, so I am doing everything I can to manage the pain as best I can (yeah, with drugs *sigh*) and trying not to overuse the shoulder and piss the wife off, or my business partners or any of you, too much.

My hope that if there is any surgery that really needs to be done, that it might be able to be don arthroscopically, where the healing time is much quicker than what I’d be looking at with a complete shoulder replacement…
Jack in a few years.:sneaky:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Honestly, my friend, at the rate of innovation versus my degradation... I think I will have passed before we get to being able to do that. :sneaky:
Actually you wouldn't entirely be correct, Scientists in the US developed Man machine interfaces akin to cybernetics in a medical trial in the late 70's and 80's, tested on terminal cases... they died after many successful tests, shock horror they were terminal...
Project was shelved, but a few years ago another group began working on the same idea, not using terminal cases and so far its a success, they havent quite gotten the entire human mind copied to cortical stacks, but once they do... Boo-yaaa!!! Cyborg bodies.
Walking talking androids we already have, thanks to the Japanese, we also have literal transformers thanks to them (No weapon systems on them, or Artificially Generated Intelligences though), the German's also tried to create Transformers, but in Robot form they just stand like statues.

THey have had some successes with Stacks, but nothing that would go mainstream.
(All learnt while researching for my books, also watch a TV series called Altered Carbon if you want to know what I mean by Cortical Stacks)

So maybe we will get to see a JackBot ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: ASLPro3D and c3p0

Madara4057

Mar 26, 2023
Only in a prologue and already on hold. That doesn't seem good. However, if it gets continued it definitely has a chance to be good.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Only in a prologue and already on hold. That doesn't seem good. However, if it gets continued it definitely has a chance to be good.
In case you have not, read the post 5 above yours. Many reasons for this - mainly health and life... it is moving along, however!
On the OP - you can find a link to 'Wicked Choices: Book One' - definitely worth a look! Enjoy your weekend!! :>)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Since the release of the prologue, Madara4057, I have undergone 3 major back surgeries and they are now talking about replacing my left shoulder (I am a victim of degenerative bone disease), while healing from my last back surgery, I decided to leave behind outdated software and 3D figures (Poser and Michael/Victoria 4) and have been working on learning Daz Studio and converting all of the characters and locations over to the new software and character meshes.

So, yeah, things have been slow recently, but still working my ass off and remaining dedicated to our fans, patrons and the story of "Wicked Choices".

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Actually you wouldn't entirely be correct, Scientists in the US developed Man machine interfaces akin to cybernetics in a medical trial in the late 70's and 80's, tested on terminal cases... they died after many successful tests, shock horror they were terminal...
Project was shelved, but a few years ago another group began working on the same idea, not using terminal cases and so far its a success, they havent quite gotten the entire human mind copied to cortical stacks, but once they do... Boo-yaaa!!! Cyborg bodies.
Walking talking androids we already have, thanks to the Japanese, we also have literal transformers thanks to them (No weapon systems on them, or Artificially Generated Intelligences though), the German's also tried to create Transformers, but in Robot form they just stand like statues.

THey have had some successes with Stacks, but nothing that would go mainstream.
(All learnt while researching for my books, also watch a TV series called Altered Carbon if you want to know what I mean by Cortical Stacks)

So maybe we will get to see a JackBot ?
I have trouble enough with doctors as it is, not sure I am fond of the idea of being an experiment for them... though will be interesting to be able to tell the wife that I am going in for a "lube job" and actually mean it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Haast

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Then I get another metal can as a friend.:love: R2D2 can get really on my nerves with all his Beep-Bop-BeeBeep.:censored:
Personally, I found the golden droid of 3CP0 (the droid in Star Wars, not my personal friend) to be annoying with his endless banter and complaining... and liked R2D2 because he was usually telling him to shut up. ;)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Personally, I found the golden droid of 3CP0 (the droid in Star Wars, not my personal friend) to be annoying with his endless banter and complaining... and liked R2D2 because he was usually telling him to shut up. ;)
How could you?!:eek: I would write my endless rant here and complain about you, but as I understand, it would only solidified what "proof" you may have for your position. So instead of that I will simple shut up:censored:, after I wrote a 100 000 word essay, why I shouldn't and the things you will never know after I shut up.:p

Renhai

Sep 20, 2020
well lets just be clear links leading to dowlanoads are phony we can declare this thread literally dead no matter what you update nothing to play nothing to note i was excited at first but after dowlanoading it it was clearly was a phony

• Angry
Reactions: Haast and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
well lets just be clear links leading to dowlanoads are phony we can declare this thread literally dead no matter what you update nothing to play nothing to note i was excited at first but after dowlanoading it it was clearly was a phony
Definitely a n00b, as I just checked the links and they work fine... and they load to the old Poser version... not sure what you mean about phony... but then again, with your attitude, I really don't give a fuck...

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021

**EDIT to add: Note for the sarcastically challenged, I love Jack and am a big fan of his work. When the poster above was calling this a phony, this bit jumped immediately to mind.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

**EDIT to add: Note for the sarcastically challenged, I love Jack and am a big fan of his work. When the poster above was calling this a phony, this bit jumped immediately to mind.
Heh... but I'm not fat... or even big boned!! :LOL:;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
WC_BCDemo.png

Current State of the Build, Programing and Health – April 29, 2023
(As posted on our Patreon Page... sort of...)

Link to see the above Video:

NOTE to F95 Fans:
Due to recent confusion and to avoid any further confusion,
I will be tagging the title page and "Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma" as abandoned.

"Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma" will be remastered and continued with Daz assets once
"Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers" has been completed... thank you!

Hello everyone, I am a bit behind in my update, but it has been rather insane around here with work and stuff, so going to try and keep this short so that I can get back to what needs to be done to polish off the release.

In the last two weeks I was able to finish up all of the writing and animation needed for the game’s opening menu and for the character’s profiles that you’ll find in the prologue to “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and, as you can see in the video posted above, you can see how Epadder has programmed things to work for all of you in that particular area of the game.

For those that are quick to note, yes… unlike our previous game and work, while I spent the last year learning a new program (Daz Studio) and recreating many of the old and new characters (using Genesis 8) and the game’s locations, Epadder was busy learning and converting all of our previous code and game options to work in Unity!

Yes, I know, we kept it a secret from all of you, but we wanted to be sure that we could do all of the things that we have previously done, and still wanted to do, in Unity before we made any kind of announcement.

The two BIGGEST challenges were to convert the walkthrough/pathing system used in the Remastered “Wicked Choices: Book One” game to work in Unity, as well as, creating an upload and conversion script to import, convert and keep track of previous game progress from the “Wicked Choices: Book One” from the Ren’Py game over to the new Unity game titles… and do so seamlessly, without errors, so that when you start to play, you haven’t lost all of your previous choices and work.

Please keep in mind that “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” won’t use or require the save data from “Wicked Choices: Book One”, since this game deals with a new set of characters… but the save data from “Wicked Choices: Bed ChambersANDWicked Choices: Book One” will be used for the follow-up game “Wicked Choices: Agents of Karma”… so we needed to be sure that the Ren’Py save data could combine with the Unity save data that will be created in “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” and allow you, the players, to continue to experience “Wicked Choice: Agents of Karma” from the decisions that you made in the previous two games.

We decided to switch to Unity and Naninovel because there are things that we can do easier in that, than we could in the previously used Ren’Py… such as better sandboxing, exploration and movement abilities, dialogue abilities, stat and experience tracking and combat system… all of the things that you will need to full experience what we have planned for you in the rest of the series, the final battle has to feel like a battle and your ability to explore and build relationships with the characters that you’ll be fighting alongside with when you return to being the Antichrist is important to us!!

Also, if you notice in the above video, our very good friend: , as been busy composing new music and our very own “Wicked Choices: Bed Chambers” game soundtrack for all of you (which you will have access to listen to and enjoy if you want as well)!

I know that for a lot of people it may have seemed like a long time to wait for a game release and it, admittedly, has been… but despite a pandemic, personal and health issue, I assure you, we all have been working hard over here to present the best possible product that we can release with our small team and in the hopes of gaining support to expand, grow and make these games better each time a new one comes out!

For that, we knew that I would have to get WAY BETTER and much more current with today’s expectation of artwork, which is why I got the new computer system and have been learning Daz Studio and redoing things to look much better than our other previous releases… additionally, Epadder has been using that time to learn Unity to grow and expand the game’s framework and abilities to expand the software’s functions and abilities as the game series will need as we progress, and we brought Frank onboard to help create a unique soundtrack that will complement the game and provide better immersion for our fans and players.

So, it may look like we’ve not done much, while you’ve been patiently waiting, but believe me… despite health and personal setbacks, we’ve been learning as much and working as hard as we can for all of you!!

As for the subject of health…

First of all, Sierra3 has been cleared by his heart surgeon to begin his radiation and chemo treatments starting this coming Monday, he could really use your thoughts, prayers and well wishes during this time and we will likely be counting on those who have offered to help us with editing (thank you Steele & Darkstar) as I want to be sure that we aren’t putting too much stress on our good friend and co-worker.

As for myself, I had my MRI on my shoulder and my visit with my primary physician and I am now being referred to a shoulder specialist, Dr. Shapiro and will see him this coming Tuesday, May 2, 2023 to discuss surgical options… I am specifically going to request to table any notion of Shoulder Replacement surgery at this time, instead, I am going to request a pain injection shot and if some of this situation can be dealt with arthroscopically.

If Shoulder Replacement is the only way that I can go, I am going to hold off as long as I can and rely on the pain management injections that I can get to help me get a good workflow for the game production and try to get a little more ahead of our projected release cycle so that I can have the surgery when possible and not lose time on our game release schedule with all of you.

Also, for those of you that are friends with me on my Facebook page, you also know that I had a death in my family this past Monday and that services for my uncle will held for him this Thursday at the veteran’s cemetery here in Michigan… so, already this week is two days that I will be away from my computer.

I know that I wanted to get the game out to you by the end of April and, honestly, with all that we’ve been dealing with and working on, it just wasn’t possible to reach that goal… but we aren’t far off from it… I just ask for a little more patience and hope to have some news by end of this coming week for all of you.

Please, again, keep Sierra3 in your thoughts and I thank you again for your patience and faith in us!

~Jack

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Jack, you could write a much more simpler post, for:
We switch to Unity simple, cause we want that c3p0 can't play it. My 12 year old PC does not like some Ren'Py games where it lags, much more Unity and can't play any Unreal games that I came across.
But you failed my friend, new PC parts been already ordered (7950X3D Ryzen, 64 GB RAM...), so your strategy didn't work.:p

Sad to hear that with your uncle. My best wish and well being for Sierra3. And you already know that of coursse, your health come for the game, so don't stress your shoulder or the rest of the body too much. Otherwise Kaspar, Balthasar and Melchior are always ready with their delivery trucks.:devilish:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Jack, you could write a much more simpler post, for:
We switch to Unity simple, cause we want that c3p0 can't play it. My 12 year old PC does not like some Ren'Py games where it lags, much more Unity and can't play any Unreal games that I came across.
But you failed my friend, new PC parts been already ordered (7950X3D Ryzen, 64 GB RAM...), so your strategy didn't work.:p

Sad to hear that with your uncle. My best wish and well being for Sierra3. And you already know that of coursse, your health come for the game, so don't stress your shoulder or the rest of the body too much. Otherwise Kaspar, Balthasar and Melchior are always ready with their delivery trucks.:devilish:
Oh! That's GREAT news that your system is being updated (FINALLY!!), that would've sucked if you couldn't, your one my longest supporters and a good friend... it would've sucked if Haast Wyrme and DA22 didn't have you to help try to guess where the story was going in your conversations about the game!!

And yeah, I want to avoid a visit from Kasper, Balthasar and Melchoir... I have enough problems now! :LOL:

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes