Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
@Catwashere I am as certain as I can be speaking for anyone else, that he was not approaching that comment as an attack. Words(believe it or not :p ) do not often fail our dev so on those occassion where the red dot has appeared, response has been clear and (well not always) concise. As fun as it was to watch the back and forth, I could that there was a hedge of it being in context of the 'world' presented. But, it was so damn fun to watch the rhetoric flow.

@bossapplesauce , It sure would if that was the only/majority facet, but my sarcastic(sardonic?) jester side usually rules the day. That levity lets rest well, umm... yeah, mostly anyway :p

EDIT: @Sierra3 wish I had thought of that responseXD

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
@Catwashere I am as certain as I can be speaking for anyone else, that he was not approaching that comment as an attack. Words(believe it or not :p ) do not often fail our dev so on those occassion where the red dot has appeared, response has been clear and (well not always) concise. As fun as it was to watch the back and forth, I could that there was a hedge of it being in context of the 'world' presented. But, it was so damn fun to watch the rhetoric flow.

@bossapplesauce , It sure would if that was the only/majority facet, but my sarcastic(sardonic?) jester side usually rules the day. That levity lets rest well, umm... yeah, mostly anyway :p
Agree i don't think it was, i said that as a just in case!

U

User_10739

Argh, sorry didn't see that @ASLPro3D didn't leave the written instruction in the op gotta fix that, I'll post it here in a bit...

Kasey, did you by chance also use the unren.bat on the game? If so, make sure you do that in a save environment (i.e. not in the game folder you want to use for playing the game)...
Since the problem with not starting chapter 5 is just because I changed the name of the starting point for that chapter and I did that at the end of chapter 4 too, but since you've got the old .rpy files inside the folder they always overwrite the new "patched" .rpyc files....

if not, please send me the savegame :)
@Palanto Games I did not use unren, here is my save.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
This is my April save from the last time I had to start all over...
also in the 2nd save file from you most variables are reset to default values
so i made you a save up to your save point (with the following choices: sex with your niece in prologue, full Carina path in chapter 4 part 1 kissing, touching, finishing)
if you prefer another way ping me

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
This is my April save from the last time I had to start all over...
Hmmm, alright, like the66 said, the savegame is completely borked, it saved almost everything except for the most important variables... I can't imagine how that is even possible but that's what it is... for one, I'd really like to see your /game/saves/persistent <--- file so I could check which labels you've seen (sadly they are persistent so if you had more than one playthrough and saw all the labels I still can't do much with it) and the other if that doesn't help would be for you to answer me some short questions:

Did you sleep with claire in the kitchen, or did she semi rape you on the couch? :D
Did you meet Tanya and Citrine in the jungle in chapter 1 (Where the troglodytes attack them and so on) while playing Lynara?
Did you dominate syrina in chapter 3. And did you go to yomi no kuni? Or did you surrender to her attitude?
Was Carina Happy, neutral or jealous at the end of chapter 4 part 1? (Check the walkthrough, was it ending a, b or c? )
and since your first savegame was at the beginning of chapter 4 part 5 and the second was somewhere close to the beginning I'd say we'll start your savegame from the beginning of chapter 4 part 5.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
the "." are correct they way they are, it's not helping you if you replace them with _ on the contrary.
no they are not in the case of the poster who had that problem. if Ren'py crashed the game for him cause it didn't find the lable with the '_start' at the end, after that it'll complain about a missing declare command every time it encounters a label or a jump statement with the character '.' in it, so my solution fixes the problem that poster was having.

So to anyone trying to fix the code him/herself and to anyone ripping the game apart in the first place, without knowing what they're doing. Don't even consider to ask for help from us, I've got other things to do then to fix some morons self made problems.
nobody forced you to reply to that poster or to me, if you didn't want to 'waste your precious time' with him, you could have just ignored him, but if your ultimate goal with your answer was to sound like an arrogant douche then congratulation you succeeded.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
no they are not in the case of the poster who had that problem. if Ren'py crashed the game for him cause it didn't find the lable with the '_start' at the end, after that it'll complain about a missing declare command every time it encounters a label or a jump statement with the character '.' in it, so my solution fixes the problem that poster was having.

nobody forced you to reply to that poster or to me, if you didn't want to 'waste your precious time' with him, you could have just ignored him, but if your ultimate goal with your answer was to sound like an arrogant douche then congratulation you succeeded.
Yeah right, but that fix you proposed right there doesn't fix anything, it damages the game even more. So if you want to fix stuff than do it right or leave it alone.

p.S.: Besides the "." doesn't matter in that case anyways, since it doesn't matter to the . if the global label is called _start or not, it just automatically adds _start before the . if you jump inside the global label to another local label. Only from the outside it would change something since you'd have to manually set the jump to _start.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I don't want to warm up the whole topic, since it actually is kind of depressing, but I have the feeling some of you have a mistaken perception of what is actually the legal "age of consent" in western societies. For example, I know it's 14 (16 for getting married) in Germany, and I recently read an article about child marriage in the US. And if you think about it, that's perfectly fine (just the sex thing, not the marriage thing, the risk of abuse is too high).
Here's a link of the first google search I did, it's not the one I read, but it should give you an idea.

Edit: Forgot the link :closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile:

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017

Well whatever, you meant no harm, sorry that I might've been a little to agressive in that case ;)
Still the better way to correct that error would've been to just delete all the old .rpy files in your game folder before updating the game and starting it again....

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah right, but that fix you proposed right there doesn't fix anything, it damages the game even more. So if you want to fix stuff than do it right or leave it alone.

p.S.: Besides the "." doesn't matter in that case anyways, since it doesn't matter to the . if the global label is called _start or not, it just automatically adds _start before the . if you jump inside the global label to another local label. Only from the outside it would change something since you'd have to manually set the jump to _start.
again, the solution i gave to that poster wasn't supposed to 'fix the game the right way' but just to make it playable right away for him without any more Ren'py crashes.
after he went on and unren the game and made changes to the .rpy files he had no way to make the game starting correctly unless he manually changed the initial label but that would create more problems that had to be fixed right after. at that point the only 2 things he could do were to either delete everything and reinstall, but in that case why going through the process of decompiling it at all, or to use my fix.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Nah he didn't even had to do changes in the script file, it was just because of using unren, since the old version had "if bla bla then jump chapter_five_part01_start written in it, but with the update to ch5p1 I changed the jump and the label itself to not have _start in it. Then his (even if unchanged) old .rpy files did overwrite my changes with the one he had in the old files... grmpf :D Like I said, whatever :D
You meant no harm and just tried to help and I was an ass and got angry for that... sorry about that.

p.S.: I think most users just unren it for the images ;) Not for the code :D

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes