Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
the "." are correct they way they are, it's not helping you if you replace them with _ on the contrary.
These are local labels inside the global chapter_five_part01 label. (which btw. is a fucking bad idea to change to _start, since it's getting called without _start at the end of chapter 4 part 5...)
So changing it to _ doesn't even change anything at all for you as the player, just for me as a programmer. But yeah good luck with a broken game once I ask if chapter_five_part01_start.edithsMansion has been seen :p

So to anyone trying to fix the code him/herself and to anyone ripping the game apart in the first place, without knowing what they're doing. Don't even consider to ask for help from us, I've got other things to do then to fix some morons self made problems.

But if you DID rip the game apart, and deleted all the .rpa files, well your problem mate, you should've done what intelligent people do, backing up the files you're tempering with.
So best thing would be to reinstall the game, since I'm constantly changing stuff in i.e. the shared.rpa which holds images and other files for all chapters combined, so if I change something there and remove images or move some, you would've to do the same with the extracted images... well whatever, at least go into the folder and just delete all .rpyc and .rpy files, download patch v0.5.1.1 (really small) and extract it over your game folder to replace the scripts.rpa which you deleted or whose .rpyc files you overwrote with your rpy files... After that you should be good to go for now, I don't care about image problems you might get later on though.
... seriously... having those old rpy files inside your game folder in an extracted manner is the most stupid thing you could do... since .rpy files ALWAYS create .RPYC files at game start, which overwrites the fresh downloaded "PATCHED" .rpyc files............ !!!!!!!!!!!

p.S.: I don't mind you guys ripping the game apart and tempering with the code at all! But if you do, do it in a way you don't steal my precious time. Like COPY the original game folder to somewhere else and extract all the shit in the copied one... Thanks!
Yeah, I didn't want to ruin anything by tempering wiith any files myself.
But I did use unren in the previous versions...
Aftrer installing a clean version the 5.1.0 update works fine....
(I did unren the game, for it makes some games better playable. This last update dev clearly didn't want people to use that again. however, it would be nice if there was a hint of somesorts to tell the players this... would have saved loads of time.)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, I didn't want to ruin anything by tempering wiith any files myself.
But I did use unren in the previous versions...
Aftrer installing a clean version the 5.1.0 update works fine....
(I did unren the game, for it makes some games better playable. This last update dev clearly didn't want people to use that again. however, it would be nice if there was a hint of somesorts to tell the players this... would have saved loads of time.)
It's not about my update or anything, it's not even about that you did it at all. Like I said, I don't mind you checking out the code or the images or whatever :)
The problem about it is, I only provide .rpyc files (encrypted rpy files which are the only files necessary to play the game) in the script.rpa
So now you extracted the script.rpa and ran unrpyc over it. Which created rpy files from the .rpyc files. Not a problem there but now the problem for renpy is, it reads at gamestart the .rpy files, and replaces ALL .rpyc files with the stuff written inside the .rpy files it has in the folder, so... i.e.:
I changed stuff in chapter_4_part5.rpy and after packing the game all you get is a new chapter_4_part5.rpyc inside the scripts.rpa, now your "old" chapter_4_part5.rpy replaces this fresh downloaded .rpyc file with a copy of itself at gamestart.

That's why I said, if you don't know what you're doing, make a copy of the stuff you edit, and that goes for all games ;) Certainly for games you can "update" without downloading the full game again ;)

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D
U

User_32285

Once you grow up and hit about 18 years old your brain is smart enough to know right from wrong and raping someone is wrong and raping a kid is even worse there is no excuse for it and no hope for a family like this one.
Death is about the best thing you can give them or life in prison since it can take decades to reprogram someone look at the Manson family and the 3 woman that got arrested 1 is still insane after all these years and look at Argentina and the all German town that still teaches Nazi believes, you are saying to reprogram them a lot of times it does not work and the times it does work it takes years or decades.
We are talking about a game that has you as the MC and you are about to be in a world changing maybe ending war so how is the MC gonna have 20 years to fix the pedo family? i have the answer he is not gonna have time to fix the family full of pedo's so what can the MC do? if he goes to the police he better have enough prove on the family and if he does that is gonna be a year long court case and again a war is taking place so he does not have enough time to be going to court and also by calling the cops someone in the family may spill the beans about the statue and other stuff that the MC needs for the war so going to the cops is no good and you can't reprogram them so one option is left death or i guess two option chain them up in a dungeon but you can't let them walk free to keep raping.
You should go and watch the stuff they have released about serial killers and rapist and see what they say and how hard it is to fix them, the creators of this game made it so if it was real life you could not help that family without ending the world since the MC does not have enough time!
It would be like going back to WW2 and taking all the great generals from the allies and making them go to court on and off for a year straight how the world is in a freaking war it would not work or taking them all and saying sorry Patton but you can't go to the war zone since you have a court date or you have to check up on your in-laws to make sure they are not raping each other and some random person.

You also said about adding them to the harem and having them do the cooking and stuff but how? The MC does not have time to keep an eye on them since he is the most important part of ending a war that is coming.
Unless the creators gives him a new power to create a double so one can go out and save the world how the other keeps a eye on the rapist family.
The sister in-law and her son still need to die or a lifetime chained up for full on rape people must be punished for rape. In the real world i say pedo's should get at least 10 years in prison and that is about average in the USA.
Just remember we are talking about this game and not the real world and in this game my point stands to be correct the MC does not have the time to fix them and going to the police without prove would be horrible for the MC and even with prove he would have to give statements and go to court!

So in closing the MC does not have the time to fix this family and it is no guarantee that he can and he can't go to the police so he only has killing them or chaining them up as options and what about the Niece you want her to suffer the rest of her life forcing her to see her brother and mother everyday or having her know that they got away with raping her and torturing her?
With not enough time for the MC to fix the family he is gonna have to kill the Sister in-law and her son and the rest of the family can be chained up! the only ones who are gonna be free are the two nieces and the daughter.

PS. Please do not reply if you can't at least acknowledge that people who rape need to be punished rather it is 10 years in prison or death does not matter to me but at least they need to be punished, because if you do not think that then this back in forth is a waste of time!
I don't really believe in strong punishment due to human error, but if you could know without a doubt if and what someone has done, I would go "old testament on them" ""eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth", I am sure there are many nice men in max. securtiy prison who would love a nice roommate.:evilsmile:

Chainbears

Mar 27, 2018
I can't figure out how to update the Mac version of this game. The video tutorial looked like it only covered PC. I'm not even slightly computer literate, so I tried a couple things and always ended up just corrupting the game file. Halp plz.

U

User_10739

The fix made my problem worse. Before I could load my save and then get an exception that it could not find the end of 0.4.5 after downloading the fix I get this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I had issues last month too where I couldn't get the patch to work for me and ended up downloading the entire game. However once I did that it worked fine, well until I loaded the save for this new version.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I can't figure out how to update the Mac version of this game. The video tutorial looked like it only covered PC. I'm not even slightly computer literate, so I tried a couple things and always ended up just corrupting the game file. Halp plz.
Argh, sorry didn't see that @ASLPro3D didn't leave the written instruction in the op gotta fix that, I'll post it here in a bit...

The fix made my problem worse. Before I could load my save and then get an exception that it could not find the end of 0.4.5 after downloading the fix I get this.

I had issues last month too where I couldn't get the patch to work for me and ended up downloading the entire game. However once I did that it worked fine, well until I loaded the save for this new version.
Kasey, did you by chance also use the unren.bat on the game? If so, make sure you do that in a save environment (i.e. not in the game folder you want to use for playing the game)...
Since the problem with not starting chapter 5 is just because I changed the name of the starting point for that chapter and I did that at the end of chapter 4 too, but since you've got the old .rpy files inside the folder they always overwrite the new "patched" .rpyc files....

if not, please send me the savegame :)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Install Instructions for the Update/Patch files:
Mac users: Right click on the application, and then on show contents. This will reveal a folder in both the original and update files called "Contents". Then, while pressing option (the "alt" key), move the Contents folder from the update/patch to the original application. You should then get a dialog box asking whether you want to stop, replace or merge the folders. Choose merge and you'll be done.

Windows and Linux users: just extract the .zip file in the folder above your old WickedChoices folder (please make sure it is called just that "WickedChoices" nothing more). Overwrite everything it asks for (If it doesn't ask then you did something wrong!) after that you're done.

Android users: have to download the new version in full size, sorry about that but there isn't any other way for renpy games.
If you don't have enough space to overwrite your old game with the update, please make sure to backup your savegame folder: sdcard/Android/data/com.aslpro3d.wickedchoices
then uninstall the game, download the new version to your mobile phone or tablet and install it. After the installation you can copy the com.aslpro3d.wickedchoices folder back to it's original location.
If you have enough space, download the new version and install it (It's going to overwrite the old version)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
whoo boy, this thread is alive again :).
Ok, first, we (as in the human race) have reached the stage of decline. I am not a Darwinist but I do agre with them that "progress" has gotten in the way of natural selection, shifting the balance toward a me!me!me! mentality.
Second,
Every culture has its own standards of what is accepted and what is not. Only in the last century (actually less than that) the standards have become somewhat globally omogeneous due to to the ease of communication and especially in the last twenty(or so) years due to the help of the social media outlets.
Those standard propagate to the populace trough a process of socialization (go ahead, look it up, i'll wait) that starts at home. Simply put, if your Ma and Da tell you from a young age that is ok to fuck the cat, the cat will get fucked. period. Is it the fault yours, does it lies with your parents, or does it lie with your great great great grand pappy who first fucked the cat?
Third,
rape is a crime. period. The end. A proved rapist should get is junk removed with a dull rusty spoon, or at the very least made sterile. BUT only if it proved beyond any doubt. Not because a frakking teenager posted on instagram that such and such raped her/him without a shred of proof and starts doxxing the alleged rapist.
The main problem today is that even if the accuser does not have any proof at all, the weight of proof, as far as society is concerned, is on the alleged culprit's shoulders, and even then, useless. Even if you can prove beyond any doubt your innocence, e.g. at the time of the alleged crime you were speaking at a convention live, in front of 3000 people, society will still continue to treat you as guilty. Soo, in what passes for the brain of many today, it is better to grab your pitchfork and join the mob than state your real opinion/position and risk being branded a collaborator/accomplice/sympathizer/etc.

Finally,
yes the game has incest, deal with it. But where in the seven hells, all the realms of death, and the dearth of parallel universes that the human mind theorized did you got the idea that the characters in the game are "pedos"???? You skip from rapist to pedophile in the middle of the phrase and keep going about pedophiles, and then you switch again to talking about rapists. And this: "Once you grow up and hit about 18 years old your brain is smart enough to know right from wrong". Dear [insert your favored deity here], if anything at 18 you are unable to think at all, your hormones do the thinking (if any) for you. And to be able to "know" right from wrong, somebody must give you a meter stick.
Read above about socialization.
Please do not take this as a personal attack, that is not my intention, I am truly interested on how you arrived to your conclusions.
I say Pedo because they are borderline pedo's and we don't know for sure if they are, in the last chapter the Mother in-law says that the step niece was groomed to do it with the now dead grandfather and she just turned 18 meaning they started grooming her when she was younger, along with the niece that was raped by her brother it says it is not the first time and she has been raped many times so again when did it start?
This family is rapist that is a fact and they groom people under the age of 18 also fact but what is not 100% as of the current chapter is how young did the rape start. Maybe i should use this word ephebophilia for that is most likely true about the family and maybe not full on pedo.
The fact of it though is the family must be punished in some way we cannot allow them to get away with it.

If you google that word and read the wiki on the top it tells you why i use the word pedo.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay, time for me to chime in some…

I think that it is pretty well established that the family has been practicing incest, additionally, that they have been doing it since the middle ages and @Catwashere is correct, I’ve pretty much alluded to the fact that in some of those instances that such was conducted with those that would be considered “under the age of consent” in today’s society.

However, the “age of consent” wasn’t truly established until the 1700’s and even then, the “age of consent” was 11 years of age. Then it was increased to 13 in the 1800’s and further increased then on to where it currently is… however, there are countries in this world besides the United States and in some of them like Angola and Japan, the “age of consent” is 12 and 13 years old still to this day.

I know that some of you are gasping, freaking out, looking to mount heads on a pike… and you are free to do so.

For myself, as the writer of this, I have to consider many factors that some of you refuse or don’t want to see… this is a family that has been doing what it has been for its survival since the middle ages… you may consider it abhorrent with good reason, but to that family… they don’t see that they are doing wrong.

I don’t like pedophiles… personally, I hope they all rot in hell or whatever comes closest in approximation to it.

Pedophiles prey on children for selfish intent and reasons… with no care for the child whatsoever and only for themselves.

While I cannot understand an adult having a relationship with a 13-year-old child in Japan, I cannot accuse that individual of doing something wrong, when the “age of consent” states that they can do so legally.

As the writer, I have to look at this objectively… I have to look at the psychology of the individuals involved and their motivations… it is clear that Edith has openly discussed with Jamila the responsibilities that the family has… that in Jamila’s case, she is still a virgin and 18 years old.

Personally, I think getting yourself all twisted up in knots and angry about the story to the point where you become a blood-thirsty psychopath is not healthy… this is only a game and a story, these people don’t exist and getting yourself bent out of shape and near a heart-attack is just not worth it.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hmmm, I wonder if you got stuck with that"frak" expression with the old BSG or the new one :) For me, the old one was pure gold.
I am more of a Dirk Benedict, Herbert Jefferson Jr. and Richard Hatch kind of fan. ;)

Reactions: Wyrme

pavar

Jul 3, 2017

I think that it is pretty well established that the family has been practicing incest, additionally, that they have been doing it since the middle ages and @Catwashere is correct, I’ve pretty much alluded to the fact that in some of those instances that such was conducted with those that would be considered “under the age of consent” in today’s society.

However, the “age of consent” wasn’t truly established until the 1700’s and even then, the “age of consent” was 11 years of age. Then it was increased to 13 in the 1800’s and further increased then on to where it currently is… however, there are countries in this world besides the United States and in some of them like Angola and Japan, the “age of consent” is 12 and 13 years old still to this day.

I know that some of you are gasping, freaking out, looking to mount heads on a pike… and you are free to do so.

For myself, as the writer of this, I have to consider many factors that some of you refuse or don’t want to see… this is a family that has been doing what it has been for its survival since the middle ages… you may consider it abhorrent with good reason, but to that family… they don’t see that they are doing wrong.

I don’t like pedophiles… personally, I hope they all rot in hell or whatever comes closest in approximation to it.

Pedophiles prey on children for selfish intent and reasons… with no care for the child whatsoever and only for themselves.

While I cannot understand an adult having a relationship with a 13-year-old child in Japan, I cannot accuse that individual of doing something wrong, when the “age of consent” states that they can do so legally.

As the writer, I have to look at this objectively… I have to look at the psychology of the individuals involved and their motivations… it is clear that Edith has openly discussed with Jamila the responsibilities that the family has… that in Jamila’s case, she is still a virgin and 18 years old.

Personally, I think getting yourself all twisted up in knots and angry about the story to the point where you become a blood-thirsty psychopath is not healthy… this is only a game and a story, these people don’t exist and getting yourself bent out of shape and near a heart-attack is just not worth it.
A quick correction.
In Japan 13 is the minimun age that the prefectures can set the age of consent at as stated in the constitution. The prefectures hava declared ages of consent 16 and above (if I remember correctly with one exception at 15). Also their child protection laws in most areas can get 2 teenagers in trouble for just kissing in the street :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
A quick correction.
In Japan 13 is the minimun age that the prefectures can set the age of consent at as stated in the constitution. The prefectures hava declared ages of consent 16 and above (if I remember correctly with one exception at 15). Also their child protection laws in most areas can get 2 teenagers in trouble for just kissing in the street :p
Yeah it is really a strange world in which we live in... personally, I miss Natural Selection... boy, do I miss it sometimes! :D

Anyone have an ETA on the next Asteroid?? We are about due for a Mass Extinction!!!

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
The nihilist in me simply says 'not soon enough'.
Oh, and this morning you got this HIGHLY underrated Rush song stuck in my head...

Edit: hmmm. good writing, with dark undertones. appears a pattern may be forming(ed).

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

My comments are not in any way negative towards you as the creator or the game i love this game and believe in freedom to make what you want and do what you want as long as no one gets hurt.
My comments like i said before are based on this game and not the real world, When playing some games i pretend to be the MC so my original comments are me saying what i would do if somehow this game was real life.
To be clear in real life if this shit happened i would indeed either kill the brother and mother to the niece or chain them up as for the other members i would make it clear that i'll deal with them after i save the world and if they do anything stupid i may have no choice but to kill them.
Now in the real world i say rapist should get 10 plus years in prison depending on each case since some are worse than others.
I also say that you must have 100% prove someone did that crime since i hate innocent people being punished and i also get about history and in the past people lived shorter and life was different i also get Mexico and Japan have different age of consent.
My whole point was me being the MC in this fake game and how the MC would have a hard time going to the police and would have a hard time fixing this family for one reason he has no time since he has to fight a war!
In closing i want to say i understand about brain washing and being raised in a bad family and in the real world i would not kill people like that but would try to fix them but if they did rape someone they still need to be punished with some kind of jail/asylum.

PS. i could have wrote the first and second sentence better, but i'm lazy and don't want to rewrite all that, it should be good enough to understand!

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes