Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Alright looks fine, except... did you choose the default MC name? If not then that was deleted somehow X_x damn... should have added a new "name your character again" screen... well can still do that with the next content update....

Reactions: ASLPro3D

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Alright looks fine, except... did you choose the default MC name? If not then that was deleted somehow X_x damn... should have added a new "name your character again" screen... well can still do that with the next content update....
I don't understand at all, what's going on here..haha..but i'm slow today as your national football team in Russia...
But i will gladly answer to any question, I didn't choose default name (and it is still appearing good, i think or didn't noticed a prob).

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I don't understand at all, what's going on here..haha..but i'm slow today as your national football team in Russia...
But i will gladly answer to any question, I didn't choose default name (and it is still appearing good, i think or didn't noticed a prob).
Damn, once I load your game it says "Mike Preston" is your name :-\
Well gotta do a new "name you character" screen with the next update then.... sorry about that :-\

p.S.: Alright g2g cry infront of the tv rofl ;) Nah not really, but at least watching the last 5 min. or so :D

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Damn, once I load your game it says "Mike Preston" is your name :-\
Well gotta do a new "name you character" screen with the next update then.... sorry about that :-\

p.S.: Alright g2g cry infront of the tv rofl ;) Nah not really, but at least watching the last 5 min. or so :D
Hmm ok it should have say "LOKI VIKS"

Holy shit !!! Germans never give up....last mns 10 against 11... Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
über alles in der Welt...
.as boring as the french team but a victory nevertheless

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@ASLPro3D

There are a few interesting names in .5.1.0. Cannot help but ask some questions (typical of me, huh?).:)

Disani:
- Is there a chance of Disani appearing in the future or is she deceased.
- Based off of Vedic Dhisana? (Quite the combination of what she represents.)

Syrina:
- Cailleach Bheara (Gaelic); Foreshadowing the future?

Hugh De Crawford:
- As in Sheriff of Ayr (Loudoun, Ayrshire, Scotland)?

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hmmm.... I'm still looking into this but I have a feeling that it's something with renpy 7, You probably saw that I removed all the advertisements in between chapters and only left the one at the end of 0.5.1.0 (which get's replaced later by the one for 0.5.2.0 and so on)
Because of that, after you load a game that might have been saved inside this advertisement block, renpy rolls back to the previous block it encountered... so while doing that all the new variables get deleted for a reason I don't know yet, since that wasn't the case in renpy 6.99 but is now a case in 7.0....
I guess it's the same with the name thing, even though it doesn't happen for me personally, but I believe you when you say it deletes your name, cause it looks somehow like the same problem we have with the menu in chapter 5 part 1
It'll take me some time to figure out what went wrong where :)
you know it's the angelions, they don't want us to see a cute demonothan princess!

Why are you so angry about Terri, the wife ? She didn't cheat on the MC.
The stepmother said "Terri hasn't be a part of the ritual, since she met you"

To talk about the story, I really hope there won't be another rape scene. Especially not with the MC. The way I played him, that would make no sense.
how easily we forget, terri is cheating on him now, with some guy who isn't family.

Ren'py often mishandles jumps if the codes has been altered in a file or if files are merged into archives etc. My saves crapped out as well. However, when i installed a clean version with all files still packed in rpa containers and the scripts encrypted, it worked.
weird, i had zero problems with saves, strange but true..., i did get a little ticked at having to d/l the old version, then apply two patches but oh well, it was a no brainer and easily done.
for those having problems, be sure to not put the game into program files folder on c:\
when you try to unrar the patch into the dir it will not let you overwrite some of it cuz you must be the user administrator to do that. copy all 3 rars to same folder, unrar the 0.4.4.1 or whatever the number is of the biggest on, then unrar the first patch, then unrar the second patch. should work fine. just remember there are folders in windows that belong to administrator or a system user that you even with administrator level cannot access or write into.
remember windows is basically vax/vms an old unix flavour, it has permissions and owners of folders...

pavar

Jul 3, 2017
Small continuity issue. During the talk with Edith MC mentions drinking from the beer can, while the image shows a beer bottle.

I love how the story is developing so far and the lil' FAP comments are priceless. This expression (along with the originating dialogue) caused a spilled coffee:

screenshot0001.png

Rumor69

Jul 5, 2017
Is there a full version update and not the patch. I tried the patch and the game version txt says it's updated but it's not continuing past the 0.4.4.1

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Small continuity issue. During the talk with Edith MC mentions drinking from the beer can, while the image shows a beer bottle.

I love how the story is developing so far and the lil' FAP comments are priceless. This expression (along with the originating dialogue) caused a spilled coffee:

View attachment 116490
Frak!! I thought I had fixed that, @Palanto Games even has it listed on our "to-do list" on June 11th... but we never changed it... okay, that will be fixed in July's issue... ugh!!

Thanks for catching that, my friend!!

Reactions: pavar and Wyrme

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D

There are a few interesting names in .5.1.0. Cannot help but ask some questions (typical of me, huh?).:)
It's all good, I don't mind answering questions for ya! ;)

Disani:
- Is there a chance of Disani appearing in the future or is she deceased.
- Based off of Vedic Dhisana? (Quite the combination of what she represents.)
Disani:
- She is still alive and somewhere in Yomi-no-kuni and will likely make an appearance.
- It is possible, though, like everything else that I've done in regards to religious icons, there will be some liberties taken.

Syrina:
- Cailleach Bheara (Gaelic); Foreshadowing the future?
Syrina:
- It could be... then again, it may not be... though it could be, but that would be telling! ;)

Hugh De Crawford:
- As in Sheriff of Ayr (Loudoun, Ayrshire, Scotland)?
Hugh De Crawford:
- I can neither confirm, nor deny the possibility... for in doing so, could open the door for relatives to be pretty pissed at the fact that their genome is regarded as a bunch of incest loving, alien and antichrist worshipers... so, best to leave this a bit vague and allow readers to decide for themselves. LOL

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am sorry that I wasn’t on very much yesterday… I had finally reached the end of my rope, health wise, requiring me to take my pain meds and doing everything that I could to keep from scooping my left eye out of the socket with a spoon because the headache was so bad, so I was utterly useless and unhelpful to @Palanto Games and everyone here.

Sorry. :(

With that said and before I get back to work here to try and get July’s release finished, I wanted to take a moment to touch on the story so far and sort of explain some things or clear up some misconceptions in regard to the Crawford Family…

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Screwed up, absolutely… all manners of fucked up, but perhaps one of the best explanations out there for a reason for incest to be taking place in a story, I’d think. ;)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
View attachment 116419

—EDIT—
There was more to that image. . it was meant to animate. . . let's remedy that. . . .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The hell? X_x what is wrong with your game?! :D

why is the 0.4.5 patch when downloaded comes turns out to be 0.4.1???
?! maybe because it's called WickedChoices-Update-v0.4.4.1-to-v0.4.5.0-pc.zip ? Which might irritate you, but if I just wrote update-v0.4.5.0 I KNOW there'll be people trying to use this file to update from version 0.3.0 or whatever to 0.4.5.0 which is impossible since all the stuff between chapter 3 and chapter 4 part 5 would be missing for them and crashing the game ;)

Frak!! I thought I had fixed that, @Palanto Games even has it listed on our "to-do list" on June 11th... but we never changed it... okay, that will be fixed in July's issue... ugh!!

Thanks for catching that, my friend!!
Yeah did fix it in 8 places, just missed this one :p Fixed now, will be shipped with 0.5.2.0....

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I am sorry that I wasn’t on very much yesterday… I had finally reached the end of my rope, health wise, requiring me to take my pain meds and doing everything that I could to keep from scooping my left eye out of the socket with a spoon because the headache was so bad, so I was utterly useless and unhelpful to @Palanto Games and everyone here.
no wonder you had a headache! heh

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
version 5.1 doesn't start.... game still states 4.5.0.
And couldn't find rpc start file
if you did unren the game you will have to open the chapter_five_part01.rpy file and fix it yourself. here's the necessary changes:
1. search for 'label chapter_five_part01' and replace it with 'label chapter_five_part01_start'.
2. go through all the lines including a 'label' or 'jump' commands, check if the name of the command includes a '.' character, like in 'chapter_five_part01.edithsMansion', if so replace the '.' with a '_', so changing it to 'chapter_five_part01_edithsMansion'.
after you're done with tha the game will work.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes