FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
I have the same error some people reported earlier:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You've asked for a savefile with the error in one of the reactions, and I didn't spot a reply with said save attached. So here's mine. Just press enter and it loops. Hopefully it helps you figure out what's wrong.

I correctly upgraded from 4.4.1 to 4.5.0 to 5.1.0. Unless "loaded" in
Yes, follow the instructions on the frontpage that states that you need to have the base game loaded before playing any of the updates.
means something other than "present on your harddrive".

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
I have a bug with the guy mc name; after loading a save, it reverts to the original mike. How to change it while ingame?
Usually you can't, but if you unlock the console it would be:
Code:
pl.name = "YourName"
But if at all possible could you send me the savegame in question? :D

I have the same error some people reported earlier:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You've asked for a savefile with the error in one of the reactions, and I didn't spot a reply with said save attached. So here's mine. Just press enter and it loops. Hopefully it helps you figure out what's wrong.

I correctly upgraded from 4.4.1 to 4.5.0 to 5.1.0. Unless "loaded" in
means something other than "present on your harddrive".
Thanks for the savegame, true there wasn't any savegame in the thread for that error yet, but I got one as a PM, the problem with this "problem" is, after he/you/I load that savegame in, the bug is gone... so just load your own savegame and it should be fine... problem about it is that I can't replicate it and fix it if I don't know why it's happening in the first place :D
But I've already implemented a small fix for that, so it can't ever happen like that again, in no circumstances at all, if it does I'm going to burn renpytom on a stake :p

edit: Well... your save doesn't work for me either, perfect! :D Thanks!! :D I'll figure out what causes this crap :D

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
hmmm that could be useful :) But I just tested it and even the "small" fix didn't work... guess I have no chance but to make it a big intrusive one for now :-\

Reactions: ASLPro3D

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Hi, about the guy mc name reverting to the default...i started the game like 3-4 times to try and it happened all the time. Here is the save after the prologue
Forgot to say, it happens only if i exit the game and then start again. If i sa ve then load, doesnt happen.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hmmm.... I'm still looking into this but I have a feeling that it's something with renpy 7, You probably saw that I removed all the advertisements in between chapters and only left the one at the end of 0.5.1.0 (which get's replaced later by the one for 0.5.2.0 and so on)
Because of that, after you load a game that might have been saved inside this advertisement block, renpy rolls back to the previous block it encountered... so while doing that all the new variables get deleted for a reason I don't know yet, since that wasn't the case in renpy 6.99 but is now a case in 7.0....
I guess it's the same with the name thing, even though it doesn't happen for me personally, but I believe you when you say it deletes your name, cause it looks somehow like the same problem we have with the menu in chapter 5 part 1
It'll take me some time to figure out what went wrong where :)

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
hmmm that could be useful :) But I just tested it and even the "small" fix didn't work... guess I have no chance but to make it a big intrusive one for now :-\
Right, now I'm confused. I loaded the same save from 4.5 that had the problem and tried again just for the heck of it. This time I'm getting the menu with choices the way I'm supposed to. I'll upload that save, but random stuff happening is random. The only difference I can think of is the persistent file, as I can skip the text this time.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Right, now I'm confused. I loaded the same save from 4.5 that had the problem and tried again just for the heck of it. This time I'm getting the menu with choices the way I'm supposed to. I'll upload that save, but random stuff happening is random. The only difference I can think of is the persistent file, as I can skip the text this time.
well @the66 and I already tested different cases (thanks the66 :) ) and it kinda looks like it's a ren'py 7 problem... thanks for the save btw. :) I'll keep you updated if I find out more or solved the riddle ;)

Drummms

Jul 21, 2017
Why are you so angry about Terri, the wife ? She didn't cheat on the MC.
The stepmother said "Terri hasn't be a part of the ritual, since she met you"

To talk about the story, I really hope there won't be another rape scene. Especially not with the MC. The way I played him, that would make no sense.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
The only one who might have a small chance of me not killing would be the wife but the others are child abusers and rapist i must go to the extreme for my revenge for that, still would get revenge on the wife maybe not kill her but something must be done like take away her family and all her wealth along with telling the wife of the guy she is banging so he loses all his wealth also and then telling her have fun being with that man oh and by the way he lost everything just like you so you both better find a place to stay.
I can forgive a lot of things but not rape and hurting kids nor cheating on a person who never did you wrong.
They are literally committing human sacrifice to a sex goddess to gain magic powers. Maybe they are just the by product of their niche (counter-)society? Don't forget none of them ever choose freely so holding them entirely responsible makes no sense either.
All i am trying to point out is: There are far humane practices than putting them in body bags. Re-education and correction measures in my personal harem for example. Don't waste such good students.

Why are you so angry about Terri, the wife ? She didn't cheat on the MC.
She just came home i her introduction scene, from cheating. Which is why the entire 'mommy tells me my GF really loves me' caught me off guard. But hey, she was forced to marry MC so maybe cutting her some slack? On the other hand, she is such an ice queen, sex does not even blip up on her radar when it comes to MC.

...it kinda looks like it's a ren'py 7 problem...
Ren'py often mishandles jumps if the codes has been altered in a file or if files are merged into archives etc. My saves crapped out as well. However, when i installed a clean version with all files still packed in rpa containers and the scripts encrypted, it worked.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
if it still states it's 0.4.5.0 then you didn't install the update into the old game :) Did it ask you to overwrite stuff?

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
yes, I have updated before, and it does state 5.1.0 in the txtfile in the maindirectory
even tried downloading the pc version from a mirror and started fresh...
same misstake

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
version 5.1 doesn't start.... game still states 4.5.0.
And couldn't find rpc start file
yes, I have updated before, and it does state 5.1.0 in the txtfile in the maindirectory
even tried downloading the pc version from a mirror and started fresh...
same misstake
First of all I checked the error message again that you posted.... it shouldn't even be possible to get this error in the first place, since all chapters end with the question: Does he have the next chapters script file and does he have the next chapters first image file? Yes? Then jump to the next chapters starting label. No? Then just return to the main menu.
Hm would you be so kind as to upload the scripts.rpa for me? And check the game folder for a chapter_five_p01.rpa file.

I decided not to follow this game. Read my review for the reasons.
Best review ever :D Oh hell the sex scenes are too long and too much ads in an in dev game (Which we already stated gets removed... but yeah rofl) but really the text and all the sex.... just too much, I mean seriously, how can there be text in a novel, since it's visual and shouldn't need some, but on the other hand too many images with the same sex in it isn't good either.... X_x
I mean, a review saying: Well the story is kinda far fetched, the dialogues make no sense etc. pp I could live with, but that's just a troll right?

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
First of all I checked the error message again that you posted.... it shouldn't even be possible to get this error in the first place, since all chapters end with the question: Does he have the next chapters script file and does he have the next chapters first image file? Yes? Then jump to the next chapters starting label. No? Then just return to the main menu.
Hm would you be so kind as to upload the scripts.rpa for me? And check the game folder for a chapter_five_p01.rpa file.

Best review ever :D Oh hell the sex scenes are too long and too much ads in an in dev game (Which we already stated gets removed... but yeah rofl) but really the text and all the sex.... just too much, I mean seriously, how can there be text in a novel, since it's visual and shouldn't need some, but on the other hand too many images with the same sex in it isn't good either.... X_x
I mean, a review saying: Well the story is kinda far fetched, the dialogues make no sense etc. pp I could live with, but that's just a troll right?

OK. these are the files in my game dir....

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes