PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
Ah so you do want to have points in the other chapters... maybe even a single game with multiple chapters instead of one chapter per game? :)
i thought synopsis of the game made that obvious.
idk why you can't simple make single game isntead one per chapter.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
idk why you can't simple make single game isntead one per chapter.
Simply because to release just the Prologue and the first three chapters together in one package would make the game a 1.66 gig download for users and while that may not seem like much to those with cable modems and today's download speeds, there are many that live outside of the US and are charged per bandwidth/data usage, particularly "burst" bandwidth/data and would greatly limit and cost them more to download the game every month.

Our goal with our games is to put it into as many hands as possible... ;)

Reactions: Thornhill

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Simply because to release just the Prologue and the first three chapters together in one package would make the game a 1.66 gig download for users and while that may not seem like much to those with cable modems and today's download speeds, there are many that live outside of the US and are charged per bandwidth/data usage, particularly "burst" bandwidth/data and would greatly limit and cost them more to download the game every month.

If you could explain that to Ptolemy, we would be most grateful ! His "Dreaming of Dana " is at 0.83, it's a whopping 7.16gb , and it still has a few more updates to go !

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017

Well, you should consider changing the format of the images from png to lossless jpg, that would dramatically reduce the game's file size...

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
***snip*** I like the chapter breaks as I have it now, it establishes to the player that scene has changed as has the topic some... ***snip***

***snip*** However, I would really like to be able to add a point system for choices like I did in Chapter One where if you lost points by your decisions it would change the outcome of what happens... ***snip***

***snip*** Not sure what to call it (as I am NOT a programmer) but, I would also like to create a packet or database of information that could be generated based on choices entitled (GOOD/EVIL/NEUTRAL) where points would be assigned to one of those fields if the player makes a choice that would determine their alignment through the use of their decisions and powers, ***snip***

Well you could still do those chapter breaks, but with a single game and so that each chapter is seperately downloadable. If you want I could help you with that a little.

A points system would be quite easy with this setup then.

The good evil neutral system would be easily implementable then. Just 3 variables or an array and you have exactly what you need to write into it and read from it.

I can give you some tips on how you could go about that if you want. It's really not that difficult and would even make life for you much easier :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well, you should consider changing the format of the images from png to lossless jpg, that would dramatically reduce the game's file size...
Oh, I absolutely could... could even compress the JPG down to 90% even to more reduce file size, but the truth is JPG isn't "Lossless" or true HD quality as it reduces color counts down and introduces tiny artifacts into the file the more you compress it.... calling JPG "Lossless" is like calling a vegan a "pork happy, bacon eater" (furthest from the truth)!

It is really a personal choice and, as someone that does photography and does prints for portfolios, it has become a set routine for me to just forgo converting or saving as JPG.... but hey, if someone wants to strip the game and turn some of the art into a poster, they will be able to do so without artifacts appearing in the print!! :happyblush

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
If you could explain that to Ptolemy, we would be most grateful ! His "Dreaming of Dana " is at 0.83, it's a whopping 7.16gb , and it still has a few more updates to go !
Yeah, I am SOOOOOOoooo thankful for Mega because of that game alone!! Without it, it would take 12 hours to download on like FBoom... really, interesting game... but not so interesting to tie up my system that long and hope my system doesn't puke while rendering in Poser and make me have to wait and start the whole download over again!

U

User_10739

Really loved the update, I was shocked with the drastic turn it took at the beginning and found myself really feeling bad for Claire. I hope MC will be able to break her free from the Nasty clan and levy a little retribution. (A lot actually...)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well you could still do those chapter breaks, but with a single game and so that each chapter is seperately downloadable. If you want I could help you with that a little.

A points system would be quite easy with this setup then.

The good evil neutral system would be easily implementable then. Just 3 variables or an array and you have exactly what you need to write into it and read from it.

I can give you some tips on how you could go about that if you want. It's really not that difficult and would even make life for you much easier :)
Yeah, absolutely, if you could provide me with a way that I could do something like that, I would greatly appreciate it... but got to warn you, I am NOT a competent programmer (I only started learning how in April of this year) so a lot of the stuff kind of goes over my head to put not so fine a point on it... but, yeah, if you could offer help and it doesn't take you away from what you are doing, absolutely could use the help and would make this game much, much better IMHO!!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Really loved the update, I was shocked with the drastic turn it took at the beginning and found myself really feeling bad for Claire. I hope MC will be able to break her free from the Nasty clan and levy a little retribution. (A lot actually...)
Oh trust me, @Kasey, there will be hell to pay for the two of them doing that to Claire... provided of course that you, the player, wants to make them pay for it! :) Thank you for the kind words and glad you liked it!! :cool:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I know what you mean, but his game has a lot of paths, so I can understand that. I know that I am usually the one who posts the link for download, but to be honest...I usually just wait until Pepe' skunks it to 2 GB before I actually download it. Besides, I don't play Ptolemy's games because of the amazing renders, I play it for the stories.;)

I actually like the way @ASLPro3D rolls out his chapters. Easier to keep track now that I am old.:frown: Keeps it compartmentalized for me.XD
No matter what you decide, I am sure it will be awesome Jack.:extremelyhappy:
HEY, I am older than you, lest you forget... or if you did, probably from old age, I hear we get that a lot around our age... what were we talking about again... OH YEAH... I like Ptolemy's game because of the writing as well, the relationship between the brother and sister is the best and quite realistic in their conversations with each other! :)

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
HEY, I am older than you, lest you forget... or if you did, probably from old age, I hear we get that a lot around our age... what were we talking about again... OH YEAH... I like Ptolemy's game because of the writing as well, the relationship between the brother and sister is the best and quite realistic in their conversations with each other! :)
Ptolemy said he based Dana on an actual girl, "the one who got away ", and i believe him, she seems to be the only "human " in the entire novel. All the others are just...weird. his "Intimate Relations " is waaaay better. A love triangle , with Incest to spice things up ( imo, game would be even better without Incest ) . got the feeling Ptolemy made all the characters so weird, so the Dana-Chris thing looks "normal " in comparison. Then you have that mythological Unicorn, Jessica. So, she's supposed to be a bald, black lesbian, who rides a bike, has a stock car, and works as a Yoga instructor. It's like a who's who for "stuff that turns off Men ". I live next to a Yoga studio. Seen hundreds of yoga students and teachers. They all seem like uber-polite , almost floating on Yoga eggshells, so to not bother a fly. If Jessica is a Yoga instructor, then Ghandhi was a biker, member of the Hell Angels.

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
so i just want to thank @ASLPro3D for this compelling story. i will always be a fan of great stories with sexy art on top.i also appreciate your work ethic and cant wait for the next installment. gonna go back to lurking now, bye.
This is what t'm calling a real nice first post !

Dunno about others but in the land of lessons givers who would never applies to themselves or still beleive the world turns around us (as in the 17th century).. you pay monthly for the connection you choosed and the amount data is irrevelant, you download as much as you want !
For example, i got a fiber connection 100mb/s for 30€ and i can download 24/7 if i want.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Dunno about others but in the land of lessons givers who would never applies to themselves or still beleive the world turns around us (as in the 17th century).. you pay monthly for the connection you choosed and the amount data is irrevelant, you download as much as you want !
For example, i got a fiber connection 100mb/s for 30€ and i can download 24/7 if i want.
This might be true for you, but many people have slow internet connections or still have to pay for traffic or stuff like that, so I can understand what he means and how they do it. But there are other options I'm going to write up in the next days so it gets easier and better for everyone. ;)

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017

still nothing prevent you from making one game with updates.
you can just make multiply archives CH1.rpa CH2.rpa or not making any archives at all and just release chapter patches.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Ptolemy said he based Dana on an actual girl, "the one who got away ", and i believe him, she seems to be the only "human " in the entire novel. All the others are just...weird. his "Intimate Relations " is waaaay better. A love triangle , with Incest to spice things up ( imo, game would be even better without Incest ) . got the feeling Ptolemy made all the characters so weird, so the Dana-Chris thing looks "normal " in comparison. Then you have that mythological Unicorn, Jessica. So, she's supposed to be a bald, black lesbian, who rides a bike, has a stock car, and works as a Yoga instructor. It's like a who's who for "stuff that turns off Men ". I live next to a Yoga studio. Seen hundreds of yoga students and teachers. They all seem like uber-polite , almost floating on Yoga eggshells, so to not bother a fly. If Jessica is a Yoga instructor, then Ghandhi was a biker, member of the Hell Angels.
Oh my god, the Ghandhi thing had me laughing so hard I could feel it in my surgical area!! Damn, that was funny!!

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes