Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
General Rules (Updated 2018-September-29)
1. General
  • Do not engage in either like or review manipulation. This includes using alt accounts, incentivized like/review schemes, "like for like", etc.
No. I was monitoring the thread and was present when/what transpired there, that birthed this rule. It has nothing to do with the rating. I don't wish to see this thread, this VN's reviews wiped (which i hope wouldn't happen anyway) hence the reason i posted the rule change.
Hmmm didn't see that rule change X_x wow... well probably means we're not allowed to do a lottery then? X_x
Don't understand the rule though, I mean I could understand it if it was as gobbet said... but we will put everyone into the hat doesn't matter if the review is good or bad X_x It's just so that more people put something up there for others to get a little bit more info about it and if the game is worth playing for those who read it or not.

Lottery huh what do we get if we win lol
1st - $100 Amazon gift card
2nd - $75 Amazon gift card
3rd - $50 Amazon gift card
4th - $25 Amazon gift card

p.S.: going to report my post and let the mods check if it's alright or not X_x

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I am hoping that our case will prove different, as we announced this reward before the rule came into effect and we intend to follow through on our promise to the members here.

We are not looking the game the system, we are looking to reward the players for the passion and interest that they've shown us here for a year.

Yes, we are one of the Top Donors here and that does, in a way, provide a benefit to the members here... but not-so-much to the many people who have helped to get our game noticed, became Patrons of ours, or helped to make the thread of our game 202 pages long, as well as, remained patient for us to release the game on our schedule and not someone else's... so, the best way to reward them, is to select those that took the time to comment and review our work for others and present them with a $100, $75, $50 and $25 gift certificates that they can use at Amazon to get themselves some goodies that they may've been wanting to get.

Many of us here, are disabled, broke and just barely surviving the daily life... I would've probably lost my home, been swallowed by a year's worth of medical bills if not for the members here coming over and supporting our game on Patreon and keeping us going and making money... to me, it is a responsibility to reward those who've collectively worked to make our lives easier, put food on our tables, roofs over our heads and helped pay our bills by giving something back to them.

Honestly, I wouldn't be here and be able to do what I've done if not for them, I owe them something for the dedication they've shown us!

It's the least I can do... and I need to keep my word.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Announcement

After being contacted by Palanto about the nature of the giveaway, we've assessed it to not be acceptable under our rules. Because of that, the giveaway will not happen in the format promised before; I'm not sure if Palanto plans on doing another random giveaway that doesn't violate our rules or not, but the current format for the giveaway is not accepted.

Due to this, we've also determined that no review from the point of the announcement of the giveaway is valid, and thus has been subsequently deleted. If any of the people who reviewed still think their review was valid, regardless of the giveaway private message me and I'll be happy to provide you with your previous review and let you resubmit it again.

Best Regards,
TCMS

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@TCMS Can we still do some kind of give away to the members of our thread somehow?? Please read my reason above yours for our desire to do a giveaway... we want to remain within the sites TOS.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
@TCMS Can we still do some kind of give away to the members of our thread somehow?? Please read my reason above yours for our desire to do a giveaway... we want to remain within the sites TOS.
Random giveaways. Do a drawing to get into the contest. Answer this questionnaire about the game.

Things like that are allowed, as long as you're not requiring people to like posts, or submit reviews, or inflate the number of comments on a thread, etc, etc, etc. You're good

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
when can we expect the next release to be published?

On the eventually giving away anything...
Nice thought... But you can also use your game itself for that... just put in an button to sent a review by email, so you can decide yourself what who and how many...
the gane must be the centre isn't it?

furthermore. Due to some aspects of this game, many people may find it a bit offending, 'cause of the the story itself...
So, would a review be honest about everything?
Overal opion is about the game mechanics, gameplay and graphics...
well, your already in the top of the novels and games released on this site...

keeping them honest.

for site operators... If a dev wants to be giving away things to thank his players< how would (s)he be able to do so within the rules of this site?

Don't mind me, I'm jost anxiously awaiting the september update....

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Yeah sorry the update will take a little longer, still need to finish proofreading and the sideimage implementation (goes hand in hand)

About the ratings, well yes there were enough who just gave us 1 star and said things like, the fantasy setting turns me off or some specific scenes in the game were bad and so on, so yeah we encouraged everyone to be honest about it. Since it didn't matter what they rate to enter the giveaway. But anyway, it's forbidden to do it like that, since last month, so we'll have to think about what to do now ;) I still have the list of all the people who rated from this morning. Up to 000000, so maybe we'll just use that now since noone can enter now anymore anyway. And since it wasn't really about the reviews it doesn't matter if they're still there or not. Would have been nice to see more ratings (don't care about the stars, just the opinions were important and how people see the game) but well, not if it's against the rules ;)

Reactions: 000000 and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@TCMS I sincerely thank the God of Otters for the suggestions, I will probably put together a Questionnaire that people can answer then... maybe make it for our next title, to get some feedback from the members here on what they'd like to see and stuff. Palanto and I are discussing it, thanks for your reply and help in this matter.

@Mirewen I like the idea of an e-mail review system embedded in the game, we may employ something of that nature with the next game... as for the release of the game, Palanto is working on putting all of the side-images in it and doing the grammar checks on it, so it shouldn't be that long of a wait now!

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
@Mirewen I like the idea of an e-mail review system embedded in the game, we may employ something of that nature with the next game... as for the release of the game, Palanto is working on putting all of the side-images in it and doing the grammar checks on it, so it shouldn't be that long of a wait now!
Okay. thx for the info...
And on the suggestion.. Just thinking along the lines of your thoughts and giving (wickwed) choices ;)

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
One thing is for certain... I never knew that giving money away could be so... difficult! :D
That's why you need a honest review, and not some sucking up to you review just for the offered prizes ;) And that's in my opion also the mayor reason to not allow this through this forum, because it could be very easy to "hack" that system...

if only people wouldn't be so cunning when money gets involved....

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
That's why you need a honest review, and not some sucking up to you review just for the offered prizes ;) And that's in my opion also the mayor reason to not allow this through this forum, because it could be very easy to "hack" that system...

if only people wouldn't be so cunning when money gets involved....
I think that the reviews we were getting we honest ones, some 5's, 4's and 3's with some honest thoughts on a variety of things from situations to artwork, to scenarios and programming... so think it was pretty honest, which is what we wanted... will work on something for the members here, since we can't do it that way... we have a bunch of gift cards that are burning a hole in our virtual pockets!! :D

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
I think that the reviews we were getting we honest ones, some 5's, 4's and 3's with some honest thoughts on a variety of things from situations to artwork, to scenarios and programming... so think it was pretty honest, which is what we wanted... will work on something for the members here, since we can't do it that way... we have a bunch of gift cards that are burning a hole in our virtual pockets!! :D
I suggest you choose from members named after super cool Ork rat shamans.

Just a thought.

Sep 8, 2017
I've read the previous posts, and I understand that the prizes/incentives are no longer being offered to people who review the game thus far. I'm cool with that; I'd be happy to provide a review anyway. I have a concern however: I've never actually reviewed a game before, neither on this site or any other. How do I proceed? Do you want me to review each update/chapter, or just the game overall? Sorry if this is a stupid question; but I appreciate all the hard work you've done on this game (not to mention, sharing it with us!) and I want to be as helpful to you as I can.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I've read the previous posts, and I understand that the prizes/incentives are no longer being offered to people who review the game thus far. I'm cool with that; I'd be happy to provide a review anyway. I have a concern however: I've never actually reviewed a game before, neither on this site or any other. How do I proceed? Do you want me to review each update/chapter, or just the game overall? Sorry if this is a stupid question; but I appreciate all the hard work you've done on this game (not to mention, sharing it with us!) and I want to be as helpful to you as I can.
Read a few reviews :) For starter. Please don't break it down to chapters, you are reviewing the whole.
Its not a biggie, a review is mostly your subjective thoughts that could serve as incentive/warning/guideline for those who hasn't played this. Imagine what questions you would have about a tile that the tags don't answer. You answer those in your review.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes