ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
..obviously, without vampires, you won't get there!:relievedface:
XD Sorry i had to crack that :coldsweat:
Oh... well... I have to agree with you on that!! x'D

I won't be happy AT ALL if I am not able to do my own brand of VtM RPG game and there is NO WAY that I would do that in EITHER Ren'Py or RPGM... no... no... that has to be like Unity, Havok or Unreal... got to be dark, sexy, lust filled and crazy... :relievedface:

Reactions: Wyrme and Palanto

SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
Ugh RPGMaker. Nevertheless I'll play it because I really like this game's worldbuilding and your writing is solid, not to mention I love comeuppance plots. Just please for the love of god implement mouse movement and menu operation, having to use the arrow keys to do everything in an adult game is tolerable at best and torturous at worst.

Also if you do something with or like VtM, I'll love you forever no matter what engine it's on.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017

I won't be happy AT ALL if I am not able to do my own brand of VtM RPG game and there is NO WAY that I would do that in EITHER Ren'Py or RPGM... no... no... that has to be like Unity, Havok or Unreal... got to be dark, sexy, lust filled and crazy... :relievedface:
Oh my... I think I need a shower.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
...IN REGARD TO GAME ENGINE SWITCH FROM REN'PY TO RPG MAKER MV...

I can certainly understand and appreciate the concern, grumblings and disapproval that many are sharing in our thread here... I can assure you, we didn't make this choice lightly and we understood while making it that we would end up losing some people as a result of that choice, however, it is a choice we felt we had to make and won't go back on; we've already invested a lot of time, money and resources into this decision and even if we wanted to go back on that decision (which we don't at this point), it is a little late to and we are committed now.

As developers, we will ALWAYS remain committed to doing what we feel is best for the story and the vision of our game, I think we've certainly demonstrated our commitment to adhere to that base principle when we failed to back down to overwhelming complaints and pressure imposed on us by some players that wanted us to alter OUR GAME to their desires (like we've witnessed some creators unfortunately do to their work in the past).

This is no different!!

Personally, I NEVER liked Ren'py... I only choose it as a vehicle for my game in the beginning, because I lacked the programming skill and knowledge to do it in any other format; to me, it is just a glorified, picture book that needs a crap ton of work and effort to pull it out of that format... why spend valuable time, resources and open ourselves up to the increased chance of bugs, reinventing the wheel to have that piece of software perform in a way that RPG Maker MV can do instantly??

Just to appease people who've had bad experiences from other creator games, or from those who treat the whole "Ren'Py/RPGM" situation like it is a MAC vs PC, FORD vs DODGE vs CHEVY argument??

We told people at the very start of @Palanto coming on board with us, that we envisioned MORE for this game, that if we had our way and if we could garner the support that we wanted and needed, that we would go to a Unity based system that would enable first or third person RPG gameplay...

...in a year's time, we didn't get that support... we worked our tails off, busted our humps to deliver a game that we felt had MORE depth and possibilities to gamers than many of the games currently out there; meeting our goals through a very difficult year, doing our very best to meet the promises that we made to people here (to a large degree of success) for very little compensation... but a healthy amount of accolades (to which we are grateful for)...

...HOWEVER... it has been an incredible challenge to meet all of those goals and promises, while maintaining our fulltime (12 hours a day... except for the wife who only works 40 hours a week in hers, but has to take care of my ugly ass, which is more of a job than her actual job) jobs and not see the kind of "return" that we would've liked to have seen to award us more time to work on the game and go to a REAL game engine... rather than Ren'Py or RPGM.

We are EXTREMELY THANKFUL AND LUCKY to have received the support that we've received from those members from here who have spent the last year, parting with their own HARD EARNED DOLLAR monthly to support us. It IS because of their SACRIFICE and constant COMMITMENT to us that we were able to do the work we did this past year and delivered this game to you... if ANYONE should be thanked for the game that you've enjoyed playing, it is THEM!!!

Whether you know this or not... Ren'Py games don't get NEAR AS MUCH SUPPORT on Patreon as RPGM games... we have been and are fortunate that the $900 to $1,000 we made a month, consistently, was the result of dependable supporters who stuck with us the entire year!!!

While other Patreon creators have their monthly numbers jump ALL OVER THE PLACE, Palanto and I had a constant backbone of loyal players and supporters who believed in our work faithfully from start to finish of "Wicked Choices: Book One" it is to THEM that we remain committed to, it is to THEM we wish to deliver MORE to and to do that, and our original vision, we need to make changes we've decided to make.

I have been VERY OPEN and HONEST with everyone here and on Patreon... I don't HIDE who I am or behind a screenname, I hold myself ACCOUNTABLE for when I screw up and both Palanto and I try our BEST to be different from many other creators out there... we have a VISION for OUR FUTURE (to do this for a living) and for OUR GAMES, but to obtain that FUTURE we WORK SO HARD FOR, we need to make MONEY and Patreon provides that possibility for us... and Ren'Py isn't that vehicle to get us there.

We WILL remain dedicated to the STORY, we WILL remain dedicated to our SUPPORTERS, we WILL remain dedicated to our VISION, our HOPES, our GOALS and our DREAMS... if you wish to remain with us during that JOURNEY, we will happily have you along and enjoy this RIDE TOGETHER, but if you wish to leave, wish to pass up a chance to see what we hope to do with our games, well, that's up to you and we WISH YOU THE BEST... there's nothing more we can say.
In regard of switching to rpg maker...
This is a visual novel isn't it?
This is a novel, isn't it?
shouldn't it be read as a novel?
I'm playing the game for the start all over again, and for now I have just one thing that I've found. When talking the person who's talking appears in the text part...
However, the picture of the MC appears in between... so even when he's not in the scene, he keeps coming and going again....
After I've played this update to the end I will give more feedback

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Ugh RPGMaker. Nevertheless I'll play it because I really like this game's worldbuilding and your writing is solid, not to mention I love comeuppance plots. Just please for the love of god implement mouse movement and menu operation, having to use the arrow keys to do everything in an adult game is tolerable at best and torturous at worst.

Also if you do something with or like VtM, I'll love you forever no matter what engine it's on.
Oh, most certainly want to allow mouse movement... I agree, it is a bother to be tethered constantly to a keyboard! I'd also like to see if I can incorporate commands eventually into it for my Nostromo to work... would be nice to be able to use the Nostromo and Mouse for movement and commands, much like the setup I had for Skyrim and Fallout 4. ;)

As for a VtM style RPG, I would be using the world that I created in my novel "Ebon Knights" ( ) which some of the members here have read and said they enjoyed... I think it would be a perfect world to build a game from. ;)

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
I enjoyed this update very much, the only thing I didn't like was that it came to an end.

One question I've got though, is where did Karma and the Fates come from if they don't belong to either faction? Are they native to earth, or come from elsewhere, a different elsewhere then the others?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I enjoyed this update very much, the only thing I didn't like was that it came to an end.

One question I've got though, is where did Karma and the Fates come from if they don't belong to either faction? Are they native to earth, or come from elsewhere, a different elsewhere then the others?
I can tell you that they are neither Angelion or Demonothan and that they are native to Earth... how or why they've come to be and what role that they play in everything, will be revealed in "Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy". :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
In regard of switching to rpg maker...
This is a visual novel isn't it?
This is a novel, isn't it?
shouldn't it be read as a novel?
I'm playing the game for the start all over again, and for now I have just one thing that I've found. When talking the person who's talking appears in the text part...
However, the picture of the MC appears in between... so even when he's not in the scene, he keeps coming and going again....
After I've played this update to the end I will give more feedback
The MC has no side images, because YOU are supposed to be the MC... he is only rendered in the scene, because it looked rather stupid to me when I tried to do scenes without him represented around the other characters (particularly in sex scenes) and why the MC is really non-descript.

Reactions: Palanto

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Iwicked choices.jpg
The MC has no side images, because YOU are supposed to be the MC... he is only rendered in the scene, because it looked rather stupid to me when I tried to do scenes without him represented around the other characters (particularly in sex scenes) and why the MC is really non-descript.
Still, whatever the picture exactly is I don't know, but there is 'an appearance' that shouldn't be there...
I thought it was MC... If not, someone is... ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Still, whatever the picture exactly is I don't know, but there is 'an appearance' that shouldn't be there...
I thought it was MC... If not, someone is... ;)
If you have a screen grab of the location where it is, I will have @Palanto look to see if we didn't accidently add a side-image in a location where there shouldn't have been one... if there isn't one coded to be there... then it is likely that... well... your computer is haunted... ;)

Reactions: Palanto

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Of course you do, because i'm the voice of all the Dark Gods in this! And they demand vampires.:relievedface:

By the way, i find the in short summary of Ebon Knights funny :) I mean poor Brandon races against time before his daughter is turned into one of these blood sucking monst- whathehell?? W-hy doesn't he want that?? :confounded: Turn the girl into a vampire and do eternal incest, Brandon, you fool! Sooo much conscience, too much for his own good!

I dislike the VN Dating My Daughter but actually i'd kinda love a Dating My Daughter VtM style! Where the anchilla childe and the elder sire discover the long lost feeling of mortal passion and love toward one another through such family activites as surving a Sabbat siege for example that compelles them to.. stick together again, taking shelter in a remote safe house in the form of a countryside mansion where they have to keep a low profile. The Sire still remembering the time of the Inquisiton, the childe recalling the time when she had to fend for herself when she was a neonate, estranged but appreciating the value of the presence and help the other now having no other choice than to listen what the other has to say while facading a Father Daughter duo came for summer vacation to this sleepy town worthy for a fairy tale that is about to take an eerie turn.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Of course you do, because i'm the voice of all the Dark Gods in this! And they demand vampires.:relievedface:

By the way, i find the in short summary of Ebon Knights funny :) I mean poor Brandon races against time before his daughter is turned into one of these blood sucking monst- whathehell?? W-hy doesn't he want that?? :confounded: Turn the girl into a vampire and do eternal incest, Brandon, you fool! Sooo much conscience, too much for his own good!

I dislike the VN Dating My Daughter but actually i'd kinda love a Dating My Daughter VtM style! Where the anchilla childe and the elder sire discover the long lost feeling of mortal passion and love toward one another through such family activites as surving a Sabbat siege for example that compelles them to.. stick together again, taking shelter in a remote safe house in the form of a countryside mansion where they have to keep a low profile. The Sire still remembering the time of the Inquisiton, the childe recalling the time when she had to fend for herself when she was a neonate, estranged but appreciating the value of the presence and help the other now having no other choice than to listen what the other has to say while facading a Father Daughter duo came for summer vacation to this sleepy town worthy for a fairy tale that is about to take an eerie turn.
Yeah, our thought on our "Ebon Knights" game is that it merely takes place in that universe, players might meet Brandon, Ebon, Alexander, Raven and the others... but won't be them and it will be after the events of the novel... I also want to do it where the player can pick the "race" they are... vampire/werewolf/human... other than that, I haven't focused much on it or the story as of yet, simply because I've had my hands full with "Wicked Choices" and my other job to really consider a storyline for a game that is in the distant future...

...I think, personally, whatever happens beneath the full moon, in the darken shadows that creep along near deserted streets, as the red piercing eyes of a vampire silently watching the sleeping form of his human daughter slumbering deeply in her bed... watching as her breasts slowly rises and falls, clad in a thin, nearly transparent t-shirt... should be totally up to the players of the game in what happens next. ;)

...in the same vein (hehehe) it could just as easily be a vampire daughter, looking down on her sleeping human father, watching silently as his bare chest slowly rises and falls with breath, her red eyes locked on the opened leg-hole of the loose boxers he is wearing, mesmerized at seeing the tip of the thing... that had once brought her into this world... just within reach of her unholy grasp... :evilsmile:

Again... would be up to the players to decide the outcome... but, all that is for another time! :happyblush

SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
You did accidentally put nephew and nephew instead of niece at one point in the Janice scene, not sure where and l'm currently looking for it but I took the personal slave route so it was probably on that part.

Reactions: ASLPro3D
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes