Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
well, This is really an interesting story, and with some amazing graphics.
you seem to be in an interesting place to be. the choices you make are well thought of... and, the story gets more and more intriguing.
the question is now, how many books will be written ;)
on the change to rpg maker, this uses a lot of resources, specially when the game gets bigger, for rpgmaker needs to get all different stats to be loaded..
I know this from other games.
so I would suggest to keep making this in ren'py.
however, you can do your thing as you please ofcourse. But keep in mind there are systems that aren't that fast and have little resources
all in all, this game is even worth publishing (in full) when all is finished, to be published as a buyable game...
great job guys, I really enjoy your hard work.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Well and this is my opinion as long as the story remains at the level it is at i really don't care what engine you guys use
Indeed, I absolutely love this story, I'm hooked, I'm addicted and I want more, so regardless the engine, I keep reading the story, it's just sooo damn good and amazing! :p

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
well, This is really an interesting story, and with some amazing graphics.
you seem to be in an interesting place to be. the choices you make are well thought of... and, the story gets more and more intriguing.
the question is now, how many books will be written ;)
on the change to rpg maker, this uses a lot of resources, specially when the game gets bigger, for rpgmaker needs to get all different stats to be loaded..
I know this from other games.
so I would suggest to keep making this in ren'py.
however, you can do your thing as you please ofcourse. But keep in mind there are systems that aren't that fast and have little resources
all in all, this game is even worth publishing (in full) when all is finished, to be published as a buyable game...
great job guys, I really enjoy your hard work.
Well, this one was pretty much just a very long prologue, think it was "book #1", so if I recall right, there's 3 more coming, but you might want the dev to confirm that, haha.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Indeed, I absolutely love this story, I'm hooked, I'm addicted and I want more, so regardless the engine, I keep reading the story, it's just sooo damn good and amazing! :p
Very true but i have to admit i am intrested in what powers the mc will have it is plain to see he has some mind altering abilities so im curious if we will get to play with them

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Very true but i have to admit i am intrested in what powers the mc will have it is plain to see he has some mind altering abilities so im curious if we will get to play with them
It would seem to be that he's able to alter a person's physical appearance too maybe, like in MC's nephew's case he can make the nephew a futanari or female, first in his mind, and maybe the changes would come in effect when he wakes up the next morning, I don't know, haha :p

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
It would seem to be that he's able to alter a person's physical appearance too maybe, like in MC's nephew's case he can make the nephew a futanari or female, first in his mind, and maybe the changes would come in effect when he wakes up the next morning, I don't know, haha :p
True but something tells me the mc having mind altering abilities is to easy though it would be a way to keep janice and Billie loyal. it could also serve as a way to completely break claire if one was so inclined i suppose we will just have to wait and find out.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
True but something tells me the mc having mind altering abilities is to easy though it would be a way to keep janice and Billie loyal. it could also serve as a way to completely break claire if one was so inclined i suppose we will just have to wait and find out.
Why would MC break Claire, for she is in love with him...

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Shrugs i have no idea mayby he wants to make her completely submissive to him or mayby he is just a colassal dick and the power has corrupted him. Personally i would keep her as she is but with more confidence she loves the MC or at least that is the vibe i get from her

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Shrugs i have no idea mayby he wants to make her completely submissive to him or mayby he is just a colassal dick and the power has corrupted him. Personally i would keep her as she is but with more confidence she loves the MC or at least that is the vibe i get from her
Personally I'd do nothing to change Claire, I'd only try to make things alright for her, i.e.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But yeah, why would MC corrupt her or anything, she already loves MC, haha.
Hmm, I'd actually hope there's more content involving her and MC down the line :p

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Personally I'd do nothing to change Claire, I'd only try to make things alright for her, i.e.
Hmm, I'd actually hope there's more content involving her and MC down the line :p
I could see why the Mc would break her though true she loves him or that's the vibe we as the players get but look at it from the MC's view the girl he came to care about slept with him because her family told her to was it a lie was anything she said or did real or just a scheme. As for Billie i turned her into a girl and plan to make her the mc's sex pet same with the mother. The MC doesn't know if any of her actions were because she really wanted it or just because her family told her to so how could he trust her.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I could see why the Mc would break her though true she loves him or that's the vibe we as the players get but look at it from the MC's view the girl he came to care about slept with him because her family told her to was it a lie was anything she said or did real or just a scheme. As for Billie i turned her into a girl and plan to make her the mc's sex pet same with the mother. The MC doesn't know if any of her actions were because she really wanted it or just because her family told her to so how could he trust her.
If she had a clear conscience, she would be able to look at MC directly in to his eyes, but she can't, so she's remorseful.
What she did was because it was required of her, although I'm fairly certain she would've wanted anyway, the sex part I mean, not the rest of it. It was revealed that she's really into MC during the moment the nephew rapes her.
She's pretty much just as much a victim in the matter as MC is, if not more, I'd actually say she's even more of a victim, so no, she doesn't deserve any punishment at all, but rather justice, and as the Antichrist MC has the power to correct a lot of wrongs, but how will he go about it, is up to you :p

In my playthrough I will enact unforgiving wrath upon those that deserve nothing less, and will do all in my power to make things right for those that deserve it and protect the loved ones and the ones that do no harm to me :p

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Did you see that MC has given her the control over her brother? Isn't that a statement from MC

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
I agree. totaly.... although I haven't seen any Ugly Women, I like Claire also...

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
If she had a clear conscience, she would be able to look at MC directly in to his eyes, but she can't, so she's remorseful.
What she did was because it was required of her, although I'm fairly certain she would've wanted anyway, the sex part I mean, not the rest of it. It was revealed that she's really into MC during the moment the nephew rapes her.
She's pretty much just as much a victim in the matter as MC is, if not more, I'd actually say she's even more of a victim, so no, she doesn't deserve any punishment at all, but rather justice, and as the Antichrist MC has the power to correct a lot of wrongs, but how will he go about it, is up to you :p

In my playthrough I will enact unforgiving wrath upon those that deserve nothing less, and will do all in my power to make things right for those that deserve it and protect the loved ones and the ones that do no harm to me :p
That is all true she should be protected and loved and as the Antichrist you do have the power to either save her or break her completely. The question is if we as the players want to break her in my case no she has suffered enough now william heh he might get broken same with the mother.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Ultimately I don't think it really matters which trait you pick, during the first chapters it does help gain extra points with different girls, depending on the trait, but the overall usefulness is questionable, and the traits haven't seemed to have any effect the past couple of chapters. :p

EDIT; Okay, I just realized that this was still "Wicked Choices" thread and not "Acting Lessons" where I'm more used to seeing rebeldad in, in part because of his avatar, that's Liam, haha XD

EDIT 2: Yes it kind of matters which route you take, the "trait", basically choosing either the "light" or "dark" path, best play both routes, haha. I think you can even alternate between "light" and "dark" choices regardless the path you take to mix things up, basically making you neutral in a sense. @rebeldad
Thanks Eerie. Yea I love the Liam character. Reminds me of a good buddy whom is now a paramedic(his dream job, the dude is just a caring and fun guy)
I am pretty much trying everything and trying to show support to those devs that I like. I see to many people on the forums whining sometimes and hope to be a member here that is more a positive one.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, and that's what I sensed was behind the story :)

I.e. about what seemed to be evil, if you've seen the movie "Hero" starring Jet Li, the king during Qin dynasty was viewed as a warmonger and a tyrant, bringing war to different provinces, but only very few understood his motives, which was to unite all land and people under the skies so that there would be one people, one money and so on. There could be dozen ways to describe a single word in calligraphy, which could be confusing as hell, why can't there be just one word? Yes, the king's methods were highly questionable, but his motives were noble. And basically, once all kingdoms were united into one, there would be no more wars among each other because they are one people. So all this could be considered as necessary evil for the greater good. Thus, not all evil is bad.

Then there's the supposed good, in this case I'll use Star Wars as an example; if the Jedi and the Republic is so good, why are they so adamant in wiping out all of the Sith and the whole Sith Empire? Sounds like tyranny to me. They should instead strive to find a way to coexist, find a common ground. At the end of the day the Republic is doing exactly the same thing as the Sith Empire, just by different methods, which ultimately means that they are no better than the Sith Empire. And that's what I mean by the "good" (Republic) and the "evil" (Sith Empire) both being extreme absolutes, neither one is right nor wrong, the real truth is somewhere down in the middle, that's where the compromise is, but both fail to see that :p

Sometimes it could be said that the evil uses evil methods to achieve good, and the good uses good methods to achieve evil, haha, go figure :p
Never seen "Hero" will have to check it out... but the Jedi... BAH!! Man, I hate the Jedi, self-righteous, pompous airbags... I loved killing them in PvP in Star Wars Galaxies (I was a BH) and in SWTOR (as an Agent)... bunch of freaking hypocrites, I am a BIG supporter of Order 66!! :D

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
...IN REGARD TO GAME ENGINE SWITCH FROM REN'PY TO RPG MAKER MV...

I can certainly understand and appreciate the concern, grumblings and disapproval that many are sharing in our thread here... I can assure you, we didn't make this choice lightly and we understood while making it that we would end up losing some people as a result of that choice, however, it is a choice we felt we had to make and won't go back on; we've already invested a lot of time, money and resources into this decision and even if we wanted to go back on that decision (which we don't at this point), it is a little late to and we are committed now.

As developers, we will ALWAYS remain committed to doing what we feel is best for the story and the vision of our game, I think we've certainly demonstrated our commitment to adhere to that base principle when we failed to back down to overwhelming complaints and pressure imposed on us by some players that wanted us to alter OUR GAME to their desires (like we've witnessed some creators unfortunately do to their work in the past).

This is no different!!

Personally, I NEVER liked Ren'py... I only choose it as a vehicle for my game in the beginning, because I lacked the programming skill and knowledge to do it in any other format; to me, it is just a glorified, picture book that needs a crap ton of work and effort to pull it out of that format... why spend valuable time, resources and open ourselves up to the increased chance of bugs, reinventing the wheel to have that piece of software perform in a way that RPG Maker MV can do instantly??

Just to appease people who've had bad experiences from other creator games, or from those who treat the whole "Ren'Py/RPGM" situation like it is a MAC vs PC, FORD vs DODGE vs CHEVY argument??

We told people at the very start of @Palanto coming on board with us, that we envisioned MORE for this game, that if we had our way and if we could garner the support that we wanted and needed, that we would go to a Unity based system that would enable first or third person RPG gameplay...

...in a year's time, we didn't get that support... we worked our tails off, busted our humps to deliver a game that we felt had MORE depth and possibilities to gamers than many of the games currently out there; meeting our goals through a very difficult year, doing our very best to meet the promises that we made to people here (to a large degree of success) for very little compensation... but a healthy amount of accolades (to which we are grateful for)...

...HOWEVER... it has been an incredible challenge to meet all of those goals and promises, while maintaining our fulltime (12 hours a day... except for the wife who only works 40 hours a week in hers, but has to take care of my ugly ass, which is more of a job than her actual job) jobs and not see the kind of "return" that we would've liked to have seen to award us more time to work on the game and go to a REAL game engine... rather than Ren'Py or RPGM.

We are EXTREMELY THANKFUL AND LUCKY to have received the support that we've received from those members from here who have spent the last year, parting with their own HARD EARNED DOLLAR monthly to support us. It IS because of their SACRIFICE and constant COMMITMENT to us that we were able to do the work we did this past year and delivered this game to you... if ANYONE should be thanked for the game that you've enjoyed playing, it is THEM!!!

Whether you know this or not... Ren'Py games don't get NEAR AS MUCH SUPPORT on Patreon as RPGM games... we have been and are fortunate that the $900 to $1,000 we made a month, consistently, was the result of dependable supporters who stuck with us the entire year!!!

While other Patreon creators have their monthly numbers jump ALL OVER THE PLACE, Palanto and I had a constant backbone of loyal players and supporters who believed in our work faithfully from start to finish of "Wicked Choices: Book One" it is to THEM that we remain committed to, it is to THEM we wish to deliver MORE to and to do that, and our original vision, we need to make changes we've decided to make.

I have been VERY OPEN and HONEST with everyone here and on Patreon... I don't HIDE who I am or behind a screenname, I hold myself ACCOUNTABLE for when I screw up and both Palanto and I try our BEST to be different from many other creators out there... we have a VISION for OUR FUTURE (to do this for a living) and for OUR GAMES, but to obtain that FUTURE we WORK SO HARD FOR, we need to make MONEY and Patreon provides that possibility for us... and Ren'Py isn't that vehicle to get us there.

We WILL remain dedicated to the STORY, we WILL remain dedicated to our SUPPORTERS, we WILL remain dedicated to our VISION, our HOPES, our GOALS and our DREAMS... if you wish to remain with us during that JOURNEY, we will happily have you along and enjoy this RIDE TOGETHER, but if you wish to leave, wish to pass up a chance to see what we hope to do with our games, well, that's up to you and we WISH YOU THE BEST... there's nothing more we can say.
Thanks for going in depth, I really hope the RPG maker gameplay isn't just walking across giant maps. The other issue with RPGMaker is memory leaks and crashing in image intensive games.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for going in depth, I really hope the RPG maker gameplay isn't just walking across giant maps. The other issue with RPGMaker is memory leaks and crashing in image intensive games.
No, god no, I hate walking across 7 maps to get to where I want to go, fuck that!!! NO WAY is THAT going to be in our game!!!

As for the memory leaks, seriously a lot of those is scripts that people have downloaded from others and haven't plugged the holes for their own game... laziness or a lack of programming knowledge, maybe, but that is the cause for most of the mem-leak problems that you see in RPGM... we are fortunate to actually have a damn good programmer that can create his own scripts without being an RPGM "script kitty"....

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
No, god no, I hate walking across 7 maps to get to where I want to go, fuck that!!! NO WAY is THAT going to be in our game!!!

As for the memory leaks, seriously a lot of those is scripts that people have downloaded from others and haven't plugged the holes for their own game... laziness or a lack of programming knowledge, maybe, but that is the cause for most of the mem-leak problems that you see in RPGM... we are fortunate to actually have a damn good programmer that can create his own scripts without being an RPGM "script kitty"....
Yea have to say I tend to cringe at RPGM games simply because for some it seems a huge time sink, whether in having to find that 5 pixel object amongst 7 map zones or they just have you doing to many fed ex missions just to pretend they have added content.
For me the one RPGM game I like is My New Life, it has some grind but not to much and the animation scenes work with his story. I hope yours is similar or better. And please for the love of beer, see if having a hint system or something is possible. I hate rpgm's mostly just due to you starting and there is literally no clue on what to do other than spend 2 hours clicking on every #$(@&@g pixel.
Keep up the great work.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes