Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
when choosing to listen to syrina instead of janice, game ignores it and MC still tells her that he the is antichrist with this error
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapter_six_part01.rpy", line 752, in <module>
NameError: name 'ch06p1_menu02_01' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter_six_part01.rpyc", line 752, in script
  File "D:\Games\NG\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1760, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\Games\NG\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\Games\NG\WickedChoices-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/chapter_six_part01.rpy", line 752, in <module>
NameError: name 'ch06p1_menu02_01' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Wicked Choices 0.6.1.0
Tue Oct 16 12:49:06 2018
X_x do you have some leftover .rpy files inside the game folder? X_x
Because that one is definitely working and definitely defined
main.rpy:
Code:
    default ch06p1_menu02_01 = False
chapter_six_part01.rpy
Code:
"Listen to Janice":
            $ ch06p1_menu02_01 = True

jump .listenToJanice
chapter_six_part01.rpy line 752 - 755:
Code:
        if ch06p1_menu02_01:
            jump .listenedToJanice
        elif ch06p1_menu02_02:
            jump .listenedToSyrina
So the only explanation I have for this is that you might have some old .rpy files inside the /game/ folder that overwrite the new .rpyc files inside the scripts.rpa

View attachment 163430

Still, whatever the picture exactly is I don't know, but there is 'an appearance' that shouldn't be there...
I thought it was MC... If not, someone is... ;)
X_x
Well I can assure you I didn't change any side images in the earlier chapters, so that one can't be there.... besides it's pretty much transparent, what's impossible as well since we don't have any transparent sides X_x
From which point on did that ugly mug appear next to the say screen? And why is there an empty say screen in that screenshot? I never had an empty say screen visible in the whole game X_x

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I remember when I first started to read the story, there's basically the angels and there's the demons, and then there are those that fell in between. And then there's MC who is later revealed to be the Antichrist, and first I thought that "Okay so I'm playing the Antichrist, essentially the bad guy because Damien in "Omen" movies was the Antichrist, the bad guy",
but then I thought that why should it automatically mean that he's a bad guy just because he's the Antichrist, he could be both or none. Then there's the demons, they are automatically presumed to be evil and angels the good. No, I wouldn't side with either one of them, they both deal with extreme absolutes, and since when was that a good thing? I.e. some of the most horrifying things known to man were done in the name of love and good intentions. Some deeds that seemed like extreme tyranny and evil lead to greater good. Not all good is just that, not all evil is bad. And here we have the Antichrist and female MC that very well might flip the script and the course of history :p

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
View attachment 163463

another, maybe again just a comment, but doesn't everybody have their heart on the right side, and not the left?
Actually no, most people have the heart a little bit on the left side of the chest, only some people are born with the heart on the right side :p So maybe Edith and Miriam are two of such rare cases :p

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Or the angle is misleading and they actually have their fists somewhere around the center of their chests? ;)
A good point actually, although, salutes like that are usually done with the right hand, fist or palm resting on top of the heart on the left side of the chest :p But eh, details, details, and who knows if they're supposed to be having their fists on top of the heart anyway :p

Scratch that, they ARE supposed to, like the narration said, haha xD Sorry, still a bit sleepy, haha :p

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
As I see it now, because getting the picture was somewhat difficult to get, it flashes by, I think it seems to be the nephew of MC. I played the view of claire when I continued playing. So it would be from that moment on I gather. but have looked over it for a long time

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
hmmm.... was it a new game or an old save? Could you maybe send me the original first save that you made with which this oddity occured? :D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I remember when I first started to read the story, there's basically the angels and there's the demons, and then there are those that fell in between. And then there's MC who is later revealed to be the Antichrist, and first I thought that "Okay so I'm playing the Antichrist, essentially the bad guy because Damien in "Omen" movies was the Antichrist, the bad guy",
but then I thought that why should it automatically mean that he's a bad guy just because he's the Antichrist, he could be both or none. Then there's the demons, they are automatically presumed to be evil and angels the good. No, I wouldn't side with either one of them, they both deal with extreme absolutes, and since when was that a good thing? I.e. some of the most horrifying things known to man were done in the name of love and good intentions. Some deeds that seemed like extreme tyranny and evil lead to greater good. Not all good is just that, not all evil is bad. And here we have the Antichrist and female MC that very well might flip the script and the course of history :p
That was my thought as well!!

People see labels and automatically judge a person on the title, not on the person themselves... I wanted to present an alternative view on things, what makes the 'Antichrist' evil or bad?? The title of being one?? Because the Bible says so??What if their actions run counter to what the Bible says??

Is not judging the 'Antichrist' as being evil, exactly counter to what the Bible tells us NOT to do (Judge Lest Ye Be Judged)??

What if the 'Antichrist' is just a common, everyday person like us, who suddenly had mysterious powers... what if he used them only for GOOD? Would he/she still be evil??? Just because of some label slapped onto them by some dude writing a novel about God, thousands of years ago?

It was that thought that became the basis of my game... and everything else just sort of evolved from there. ;)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Also, it was common in medieval times to use the left hand to cover the heart, as most were right handed and kept their hands near their swords... but hey, it's just a game... ;)
Hmm, now that makes a lot of sense, so it was basically saluting while being vigilant standing ready if something was about to happen :p

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
hmmm.... was it a new game or an old save? Could you maybe send me the original first save that you made with which this oddity occured? :D
I always play this novel as a new game... Don't use saves.
But thats because this game is worth the playing from the start
I also found another thing... BOOOK???? ;)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That was my thought as well!!

People see labels and automatically judge a person on the title, not on the person themselves... I wanted to present an alternative view on things, what makes the 'Antichrist' evil or bad?? The title of being one?? Because the Bible says so??What if their actions run counter to what the Bible says??

Is not judging the 'Antichrist' as being evil, exactly counter to what the Bible tells us NOT to do (Judge Lest Ye Be Judged)??

What if the 'Antichrist' is just a common, everyday person like us, who suddenly had mysterious powers... what if he used them only for GOOD? Would he/she still be evil??? Just because of some label slapped onto them by some dude writing a novel about God, thousands of years ago?

It was that thought that became the basis of my game... and everything else just sort of evolved from there. ;)
Yeah, and that's what I sensed was behind the story :)

I.e. about what seemed to be evil, if you've seen the movie "Hero" starring Jet Li, the king during Qin dynasty was viewed as a warmonger and a tyrant, bringing war to different provinces, but only very few understood his motives, which was to unite all land and people under the skies so that there would be one people, one money and so on. There could be dozen ways to describe a single word in calligraphy, which could be confusing as hell, why can't there be just one word? Yes, the king's methods were highly questionable, but his motives were noble. And basically, once all kingdoms were united into one, there would be no more wars among each other because they are one people. So all this could be considered as necessary evil for the greater good. Thus, not all evil is bad.

Then there's the supposed good, in this case I'll use Star Wars as an example; if the Jedi and the Republic is so good, why are they so adamant in wiping out all of the Sith and the whole Sith Empire? Sounds like tyranny to me. They should instead strive to find a way to coexist, find a common ground. At the end of the day the Republic is doing exactly the same thing as the Sith Empire, just by different methods, which ultimately means that they are no better than the Sith Empire. And that's what I mean by the "good" (Republic) and the "evil" (Sith Empire) both being extreme absolutes, neither one is right nor wrong, the real truth is somewhere down in the middle, that's where the compromise is, but both fail to see that :p

Sometimes it could be said that the evil uses evil methods to achieve good, and the good uses good methods to achieve evil, haha, go figure :p

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes