ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Many options there, also in Africa though the fact Syrina had an Irish name might be a hint. On the other hand the Norse gods are a subset of the Germanic Gods as are the Irish Gods if I remember right some of the stories from my Irish sister in law and her family.
Who knows though my money is on the greeks

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
assumptions make an ass outta you and umption, or so Samuel L. Jackson taught me. :p Though, I see your thread of thought. @ASLPro3D does seem to play(ummm...) by his own logic. The gods(with or without big g's or dicks 'thanks Marilyn Manson' ) could conceivably make their own alliances. Regardless of thier patheons, the individual goals could divide such bounds.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That was my thought as well Wyrme and remember there are also gods like Loki that are not defined by being very lawful good. :evilsmile:

Now is that also some angelion spin?

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
assumptions make an ass outta you and umption, or so Samuel L. Jackson taught me. :p Though, I see your thread of thought. @ASLPro3D does seem to play(ummm...) by his own logic. The gods(with or without big g's or dicks 'thanks Marilyn Manson' ) could conceivably make their own alliances. Regardless of thier patheons, the individual goals could divide such bounds.
Very true and it is already in the game the caretaker of yomi no kuni otherwise known as hell

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Another idea might even be that Loki is another name for the anti-christ. Remember he has a big role in bringing about Ragnarok and the fall and rebirth of the gods according to the Germanic sagas.

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Also, that many of the prechristian patheons were demonothon(sp?). As they reveled in the energy release of bachanals where as Azera and her mother chose the restriction of such energies to those they chose worthy. This leads one to believe that many of such organizations to lean towards the MC(in such light as the antichrist). Though as I said before, such alliances are subject to current goals and promises made by who is in power.
EDIT:
This is for you Jack(well and for me :p)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
2nd part is moving to RPGM? Seems like a backwards move most people avoid RPGM like the plague.

EDIT: It seems the author thinks otherwise best of luck to them hope it works out for them but most RPGM devs are switching to RENPY to make more money not the other way around.

But the Dev does good work. Hope this works out well for them

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Just depends on what kind of game ya wanna make. As they stated, if the big engines were an option then they would. Where we are requires an engine capable of rpg, where renpy can fake a bit, the level desired is best run with one that does atleast a portion of the setup. As one of those few that has never let engine get between me and a good game, I (as an unbias observer :biggrin:) would follow them where they feel the need to go. Now, as I grew up when most games were a touch more dependent on what we chose, I am not at concerned that we(as gamers) will have to make choices that add/subtract from our experience. For where I want it all(Syrina as my waifu, and all others at my beck and call), a good story has tension, and this can(will?) presented in a variety of ways. Should this be more options that exclude those we were sure of, or a choice or two that preclude others, or adding extracurricular activity that flavors and/or alters the flow. I am a fan of grand stories, and if that requires one to experience 'more' to get the scope well then damn the torpedoes full speed ahead! Mein two cents(prolly again, apologies to those who have heard my silliness before).

EDIT:
Where is my friend the Audiophile @El bacca Del Chew to add breadth and depth to the musical synopsis of our journey through the wicked choices verse? :p

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Just depends on what kind of game ya wanna make. As they stated, if the big engines were an option then they would. Where we are requires an engine capable of rpg, where renpy can fake a bit, the level desired is best run with one that does atleast a portion of the setup. As one of those few that has never let engine get between me and a good game, I (as an unbias observer :biggrin:) would follow them where they feel the need to go. Now, as I grew up when most games were a touch more dependent on what we chose, I am not at concerned that we(as gamers) will have to make choices that add/subtract from our experience. For where I want it all(Syrina as my waifu, and all others at my beck and call), a good story has tension, and this can(will?) presented in a variety of ways. Should this be more options that exclude those we were sure of, or a choice or two that preclude others, or adding extracurricular activity that flavors and/or alters the flow. I am a fan of grand stories, and if that requires one to experience 'more' to get the scope well then damn the torpedoes full speed ahead! Mein two cents(prolly again, apologies to those who have heard my silliness before).

EDIT:
Where is my friend the Audiophile @El bacca Del Chew to add breadth and depth to the musical synopsis of our journey through the wicked choices verse? :p
Shrugs as long as the story remains great and we get to use the Mc's powers i do not really care what engine though i will be sad to lose the wonderful visual graphics

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
the graphics have nothing to do with the engine. that is the perview of the rendering app. Renpy takes us from static site to static site. Rpgm does have pixel art maps and chibi style character icons, but as Jack said they are trying to minimize that with their work and added contractors(if I read correctly). But the scenes, and personas will be what we have come to expect and love.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
the graphics have nothing to do with the engine. that is the perview of the rendering app. Renpy takes us from static site to static site. Rpgm does have pixel art maps and chibi style character icons, but as Jack said they are trying to minimize that with their work and added contractors(if I read correctly). But the scenes, and personas will be what we have come to expect and love.
In that case im all for it as long as i get my lovely Syrina i don't much care what engine they use

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Though I am loath to abet the 'beta' term. As a fan of Huxley, what most here refer to beta attitude is Delta or below. But with that said I cannot help but think of a simple diddy:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Just for those who have concerns about rpgmaker. While i don't know what exactly the guys have in mind but what i do know is that there are RPGmaker games out there those don't appear as your regular rpgmaker game at all. Cohabitation? Private Community? Both of those appear to be Ren'Py games but on rpgmaker engine and acts much more like a sandbox style game.

I can tell you that such a game can be made in Ren'Py.. but ohboy with sooo much bugs that needs soo much fixing :(

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Just for those who have concerns about rpgmaker. While i don't know what exactly the guys have in mind but what i do know is that there are RPGmaker games out there those don't appear as your regular rpgmaker game at all. Cohabitation? Private Community? Both of those appear to be Ren'Py games but on rpgmaker engine and acts much more like a sandbox style game.

I can tell you that such a game can be made in Ren'Py.. but ohboy with sooo much bugs that needs soo much fixing :(
I see well that takes a load off i have played both games you mentioned and liked them so it is good to know

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Another mythos that I encountered recently was the Dresden Files. Vampires in this realm are just another race. They, infact, have separate sub-races that feed and act accordingly to cover the plethora of myths we have about them. These novels are written(in my opinion) along the young adult level, but were fun and had a fully developed world covering all the supernatural and why we(as humans) would or wouldn't perceive it or them. They stand somewhere between the 'classics' and Jacks vampires, but much closer to the Knight universe. Oh, I believe it was Jim Butcher that wrote them should any be intrigued.
WAHHH still waiting for the latest novel :':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'( I love the Dresden Files :D Yes they're written by Jim Butcher ;)
I have to admit, I never read the 'Dresden File' books, although I did watch (and very much enjoyed) the television series that was out briefly on ScyFy... but, like all good series on that channel, it got canceled... part of the reason that I ditched that channel and avoid it now like a plague, I don't care whatever they air anymore, I just won't watch it... even if they were to do my own stuff, I'd avoid it.

My hate runs deep and remains true.

Personally, I haven't read a book in a very long time... part of the reason for that is, admittedly, time... which I have so little of anymore. Another reason, simply, is because I never want to be accused of plagiarism (either accidental or on purpose)... it is bad enough that a lot of my stuff shows my love of the classics like those of Piers Anthony, John Norman, Isaac Asimov, H.G. Wells and Phillip K Dick and such.

Sure there are some that blatantly get away with ripping off other's works and make 'Best Seller' lists and movies (the RIPOFF of Battle Royale)... but, honestly, I don't want to ever take the chance or screw up, intently or not.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes