Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Just because you're in war, doesn't mean you can't strive to do some good in the process, hell, even strive to come up with a plan to cut the head of the serpent as soon as possible to minimize casualties rather than prolonging the war :p
Currently I would see that there is balance, neither the demons nor angels rule the humans, and both angels and demons still exist, if one of which would have their way, the other would be wiped out and humans be enslaved, which hasn't happened, yet, so there is that balance, but that's soon to be shaken and tested, and that's where MC and his crew comes in :p
Sorry, but isn't it clear that the angelions are already ruling the people on earth.... MC can break that bond, that's why she want to kill him

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Does the wife have some hidden power or is she a highly trained super soldier?

If not then why would you waste time and resources keeping her around when she's going to be useless?
In the story it says that she has also dark secrets, apart from her getting dick from her former lover...
So I think there will for sure be some use of her
also, MC doesn't want to risk her taking the children and move out....

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Just because you're in war, doesn't mean you can't strive to do some good in the process, hell, even strive to come up with a plan to cut the head of the serpent as soon as possible to minimize casualties rather than prolonging the war :p
Currently I would see that there is balance, neither the demons nor angels rule the humans, and both angels and demons still exist, if one of which would have their way, the other would be wiped out and humans be enslaved, which hasn't happened, yet, so there is that balance, but that's soon to be shaken and tested, and that's where MC and his crew comes in :p
All of that is true it should be intresting to play

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
I think that's exactly what he'd want. He's about to go to war, pretty sure he'll want his kids as far away from that as possible so they don't end up dead.
As a father myself if i was in the Mc shoes id want them safe i could not trust the wife to keep them safe no id send them to there grandmother and assign a couple guards to keep them safe while lynara, syrina and i went to fight

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Sorry, but isn't it clear that the angelions are already ruling the people on earth.... MC can break that bond, that's why she want to kill him
Well, it's clear that humans, or at least near half the population are worshiping the Angelions, or well, worshiping them indirectly of course, but they're no slaves though, yet. And if I recall right, the ruler of Angelions would like to enslave humans, she's evil, haha.

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
As Jack and others can attest, I am an 70's/80's child. This song seems to come to mind(amongst others as I am a scatterbrain:heartcoveredeyes: )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have only played 1 path (as is my wont) so far, but to encapsulate what others have stated. I can see why others think why this is 'short' but Clothos drew it out, lachesis marked the spot, someone(MC with/without the blessing of Karma) twisted the knot, and we travel to Atropos' final clip. Which the interlude WC:AoaCB weaves the majority(foundation) of that path for a couple of players. With a taste(such as Ambrosia on the rim a the glass) of the aphrodisiac that is power for our ever so normal MC. Yay, though I walk through valley of death. I shall fear no evil, for I can resist any temptation, except temptation itself. And after all we did arrive quickly and in one piece. :p
EDIT: After careful deliberation(or a couple of fruit of the vine). I also thought of what the aftermath could be for our beloved MC:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just is not right,and right is not always fair. A thought.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
That was my thought as well!!

People see labels and automatically judge a person on the title, not on the person themselves... I wanted to present an alternative view on things, what makes the 'Antichrist' evil or bad?? The title of being one?? Because the Bible says so??What if their actions run counter to what the Bible says??

Is not judging the 'Antichrist' as being evil, exactly counter to what the Bible tells us NOT to do (Judge Lest Ye Be Judged)??
Umm, isn't it (Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged)

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
In a subjective world, it is all judge lest be judged. The only limiter is truly where you(or your particular deity) lays a/the line. We all judge(as far as I have seen, not to judge :) ), everyday; we see a panhandler and assume they need it or just want it. We see a politician weasle out of a corner and assume they're covering thier ass(or one that owns them), or they escaped the machinations of some Machivellian(spellcheck, please) scheme. We see a potential mate, and if appealing on some level that they need us, or if not(that appealing) that they brought it upon themselves. If we see someone similar that fought against our father figure, we assume(often without any other justification), that they are dastardly, if daddy was a stand up character; or righteous if we deemed papa a less than sterling example of moral studies. Or, someplace that stands betwixt,most common just ignored, methinks because most choose a side as it 'feels' necessary. What is right now/here is and has always been fluid. Only a 'fact' at that moment in that particular time in time(and space?) Many do not realize how many rules(rights/facts) have changed in even the last 100 years let alone over the melllennia. Perspective is everything. As a couple of our friends have discussed in recent pages even 'good' and 'evil' are abstract, atleast when examined under tight strutiny(sp?). My two pence on a murky study.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
...IN REGARD TO GAME ENGINE SWITCH FROM REN'PY TO RPG MAKER MV...

I can certainly understand and appreciate the concern, grumblings and disapproval that many are sharing in our thread here... I can assure you, we didn't make this choice lightly and we understood while making it that we would end up losing some people as a result of that choice, however, it is a choice we felt we had to make and won't go back on; we've already invested a lot of time, money and resources into this decision and even if we wanted to go back on that decision (which we don't at this point), it is a little late to and we are committed now.

As developers, we will ALWAYS remain committed to doing what we feel is best for the story and the vision of our game, I think we've certainly demonstrated our commitment to adhere to that base principle when we failed to back down to overwhelming complaints and pressure imposed on us by some players that wanted us to alter OUR GAME to their desires (like we've witnessed some creators unfortunately do to their work in the past).

This is no different!!

Personally, I NEVER liked Ren'py... I only choose it as a vehicle for my game in the beginning, because I lacked the programming skill and knowledge to do it in any other format; to me, it is just a glorified, picture book that needs a crap ton of work and effort to pull it out of that format... why spend valuable time, resources and open ourselves up to the increased chance of bugs, reinventing the wheel to have that piece of software perform in a way that RPG Maker MV can do instantly??

Just to appease people who've had bad experiences from other creator games, or from those who treat the whole "Ren'Py/RPGM" situation like it is a MAC vs PC, FORD vs DODGE vs CHEVY argument??

We told people at the very start of @Palanto coming on board with us, that we envisioned MORE for this game, that if we had our way and if we could garner the support that we wanted and needed, that we would go to a Unity based system that would enable first or third person RPG gameplay...

...in a year's time, we didn't get that support... we worked our tails off, busted our humps to deliver a game that we felt had MORE depth and possibilities to gamers than many of the games currently out there; meeting our goals through a very difficult year, doing our very best to meet the promises that we made to people here (to a large degree of success) for very little compensation... but a healthy amount of accolades (to which we are grateful for)...

...HOWEVER... it has been an incredible challenge to meet all of those goals and promises, while maintaining our fulltime (12 hours a day... except for the wife who only works 40 hours a week in hers, but has to take care of my ugly ass, which is more of a job than her actual job) jobs and not see the kind of "return" that we would've liked to have seen to award us more time to work on the game and go to a REAL game engine... rather than Ren'Py or RPGM.

We are EXTREMELY THANKFUL AND LUCKY to have received the support that we've received from those members from here who have spent the last year, parting with their own HARD EARNED DOLLAR monthly to support us. It IS because of their SACRIFICE and constant COMMITMENT to us that we were able to do the work we did this past year and delivered this game to you... if ANYONE should be thanked for the game that you've enjoyed playing, it is THEM!!!

Whether you know this or not... Ren'Py games don't get NEAR AS MUCH SUPPORT on Patreon as RPGM games... we have been and are fortunate that the $900 to $1,000 we made a month, consistently, was the result of dependable supporters who stuck with us the entire year!!!

While other Patreon creators have their monthly numbers jump ALL OVER THE PLACE, Palanto and I had a constant backbone of loyal players and supporters who believed in our work faithfully from start to finish of "Wicked Choices: Book One" it is to THEM that we remain committed to, it is to THEM we wish to deliver MORE to and to do that, and our original vision, we need to make changes we've decided to make.

I have been VERY OPEN and HONEST with everyone here and on Patreon... I don't HIDE who I am or behind a screenname, I hold myself ACCOUNTABLE for when I screw up and both Palanto and I try our BEST to be different from many other creators out there... we have a VISION for OUR FUTURE (to do this for a living) and for OUR GAMES, but to obtain that FUTURE we WORK SO HARD FOR, we need to make MONEY and Patreon provides that possibility for us... and Ren'Py isn't that vehicle to get us there.

We WILL remain dedicated to the STORY, we WILL remain dedicated to our SUPPORTERS, we WILL remain dedicated to our VISION, our HOPES, our GOALS and our DREAMS... if you wish to remain with us during that JOURNEY, we will happily have you along and enjoy this RIDE TOGETHER, but if you wish to leave, wish to pass up a chance to see what we hope to do with our games, well, that's up to you and we WISH YOU THE BEST... there's nothing more we can say.
as long as it's not 64bit only and you put out a lq version so us who prefer to play these games mainly on xp, yes i said xp, so shush, can still enjoy them. yeah i can always reboot into win7 but i still prefer xp. i get a total kick out of some trojan/etc that's aimed at win7 or higher than is useless on xp heh. but mainly, many things i run do not run on win7 or higher. also xp mode doesn't work for a lot of things.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
..obviously, without vampires, you won't get there!:relievedface:

XD Sorry i had to crack that :coldsweat:
you goofed, it's not just vampires, it's alpha vampires and alpha werewolves! god some of the book summaries i've seen, it's why i keep my trash can close and change bags daily due to the vomit. even worse they put this crap under sci-fi! fantasy is its own genre and should not be mixed with sci-fi! i get so angry looking through lists of sci-fi and find only a few amongst idiotic zombie, vamp, wolf, magic, etc crap that has no place with sci-fi. even my local library finally hired an intelligent librarian who first thing she did was move those apart from each other and had their own sections cuz fantasy is not sci-fi! anyways, i will relinquish the soap box. that is one of my major pet peeves, the other is loose when they mean lose....

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
uhm got this error when trying to save stats to a file.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "game/functions.rpy", line 385, in saveStats
AttributeError: 'People' object has no attribute 'kar'

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
it starts with, 'Disappointed that my sister-in-law felt that this was her only recourse.'
Already fixed about 2 seconds after the first report. Thanks :D

as long as it's not 64bit only and you put out a lq version so us who prefer to play these games mainly on xp, yes i said xp, so shush, can still enjoy them. yeah i can always reboot into win7 but i still prefer xp. i get a total kick out of some trojan/etc that's aimed at win7 or higher than is useless on xp heh. but mainly, many things i run do not run on win7 or higher. also xp mode doesn't work for a lot of things.
Well what can I say? You could also just go ahead and work on a C64, I guess you won't find many trojan/etc. that would attack those ;)
Also there's a 64bit version of XP too ;) But of course you'd also need the hardware for that :D

uhm got this error when trying to save stats to a file.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "game/functions.rpy", line 385, in saveStats
AttributeError: 'People' object has no attribute 'kar'
Hmmm looks like I forgot to add the new karma variables to the class in the after_load label X_x Gonna fix that. Thanks for the report :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Holy crap!!!!

I go to work for my "normal" job and come back to find myself 4 pages behind in posts!! Daunting, but good to see such activity in the thread... it's been a while! :)

Let's see if I can reply to some and touch on some things, without causing too much disturbance. ;)

This game is...AMAZING!
I am pleased to hear that you've found it so, @rosk0e!!

Regardless i'm new to these New Genre of games that i found out accidentally while searching for
( Choices based games ) Like TellTale Games.
this is the second one i tried today .... I don't Like fantasy games specially those about ( demons an Angels ), Always skips them
But I think this One will definitely change my MIND .. Good story .. good images.
I will admit, @Fall55, to discover that there are quite a few out there who are actually turned off by "fantasy" games that have things like elves, angels and demons... makes me happy to hear that you took a chance and found that you liked it!!

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes