ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Umm, isn't it (Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged)
You are quite correct @Regardie!! Don't know why I left the "not" out of it, perhaps I was in a rush, tired or something, but you are absolutely right and "not" should've been added in it as that word is VERY IMPORTANT to be in that line... as it really drives home that a person is NOT to judge at all... regardless of the circumstances.

But yes, you are absolutely correct, it is "Judge not, lest ye be judged". :)

Reactions: Regardie

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
you goofed, it's not just vampires, it's alpha vampires and alpha werewolves! god some of the book summaries i've seen, it's why i keep my trash can close and change bags daily due to the vomit. even worse they put this crap under sci-fi! fantasy is its own genre and should not be mixed with sci-fi! i get so angry looking through lists of sci-fi and find only a few amongst idiotic zombie, vamp, wolf, magic, etc crap that has no place with sci-fi. even my local library finally hired an intelligent librarian who first thing she did was move those apart from each other and had their own sections cuz fantasy is not sci-fi! anyways, i will relinquish the soap box. that is one of my major pet peeves, the other is loose when they mean lose....
In my case (as I am sure that @Wyrme and @Palanto can attest) my vampire novel "Ebon Knights: Knight's Fall" is both Fantasy/Sci-fi in classification; just like "Wicked Choices" which is a combination of a whole slew of genres.

But for many other authors versions, yeah... its classified incorrectly... many of them stuffed in sci-fi or romance sections, when really, they belong in the "pulp" section... ugh... I've read a few of them from over my wife's shoulder and I've cringed at what I've read...

Don't get me wrong, there have been some exceptions that I found mildly interesting in my brief "over the shoulder" reading (when not distracted from the down the blouse glimpses at my wife's breasts... WHAT??? I AM STILL A GUY!!), but they really are far and few between.

Sparkly vampires... oh PLEASE dear god, kill me!!!

I remember the wife asking if I wanted to go with her, her mom, her aunt and sister-in-law to go and see the second abomination of the movie "Twilight" and I asked her: "Why?? I already know what is going to happen, it is going to be two hours of the chick trying to decide who she is going to love, leading them both on and breaking one of their hearts... why the fuck do I want to see that??"

And guess what? I was right about the damn thing... apparently, that was pretty much what that two hour movie was all about.

NOPE... not for me!!

My vamps don't sparkle. They kill, they feed, they run businesses, they have sex and they kill... sure, they may love, but they sure as fuck don't sparkle!!!!

PS: @Wyrme Stained and Rush!! Great to wake up to this morning!! And very, very fitting songs! :)

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
In my case (as I am sure that @Wyrme and @Palanto can attest) my vampire novel "Ebon Knights: Knight's Fall" is both Fantasy/Sci-fi in classification; just like "Wicked Choices" which is a combination of a whole slew of genres.

But for many other authors versions, yeah... its classified incorrectly... many of them stuffed in sci-fi or romance sections, when really, they belong in the "pulp" section... ugh... I've read a few of them from over my wife's shoulder and I've cringed at what I've read...

Don't get me wrong, there have been some exceptions that I found mildly interesting in my brief "over the shoulder" reading (when not distracted from the down the blouse glimpses at my wife's breasts... WHAT??? I AM STILL A GUY!!), but they really are far and few between.

Sparkly vampires... oh PLEASE dear god, kill me!!!

I remember the wife asking if I wanted to go with her, her mom, her aunt and sister-in-law to go and see the second abomination of the movie "Twilight" and I asked her: "Why?? I already know what is going to happen, it is going to be two hours of the chick trying to decide who she is going to love, leading them both on and breaking one of their hearts... why the fuck do I want to see that??"

And guess what? I was right about the damn thing... apparently, that was pretty much what that two hour movie was all about.

NOPE... not for me!!

My vamps don't sparkle. They kill, they feed, they run businesses, they have sex and they kill... sure, they may love, but they sure as fuck don't sparkle!!!!

PS: @Wyrme Stained and Rush!! Great to wake up to this morning!! And very, very fitting songs! :)
but real vampires can't have sex, their hearts don't beat, their blood doesn't circulate cuz they are undead. they are ravenous creatures that desire blood and only blood.... now you might be thinking of necroscope type vampires but they're actually worse, they don't need to bite you to infect you, just being near one is enough. they have a miasma that contains the infection too.
interesting set of books btw brian lumley's necroscope series.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
but real vampires can't have sex, their hearts don't beat, their blood doesn't circulate cuz they are undead. they are ravenous creatures that desire blood and only blood.... now you might be thinking of necroscope type vampires but they're actually worse, they don't need to bite you to infect you, just being near one is enough. they have a miasma that contains the infection too.
This is entirelly lore dependant. That miasma affection thingy you describe? Never even heard of that.. Vampires create vampires by draining the victim's blood and either its simply their bite (in most lore , this is the case) or they share their blood with the dying or just dies victim (my prefered version in my prefered lore) to create another.
Sex is once again entireally lore dependant. Usually they can sex, with certain limitations obviously, but they can.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Wowowow, what's with the new MEGA download style with the folders and stuff? You know MEGA.nz puts a download limit to free users and if I use Megadownloader it grabs the whole package, which is almost 30GB :D A loose update file would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Palanto

vultron

May 19, 2018
This game is slowly starting to piss me off with various things that are not choices despite the very title of the game being about choices.

All I'm saying is fucking a drugged teenager should probably be a god damn choice and far as I can see it isn't.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
Wowowow, what's with the new MEGA download style with the folders and stuff? You know MEGA.nz puts a download limit to free users and if I use Megadownloader it grabs the whole package, which is almost 30GB :D A loose update file would be greatly appreciated.
You can download just the update, you just have to browse to it in the folder it's in. That's what I did, and it worked just fine.

If you want the full size, 5.2.x to 6 one, it should be here:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I LOVED Harry Keogh and Brian Lumley's Necroscope series!!
Hope they make a series of that on Netflix or HBO, it would be AWESOME!

That said, in mine, there is a scientific explanation for the ability for vampires to participate in such acts... but, yeah, normally, according to ancient lore, it would normally be impossible. ;)

Reactions: DA22 and Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
This game is slowly starting to piss me off with various things that are not choices despite the very title of the game being about choices.

All I'm saying is fucking a drugged teenager should probably be a god damn choice and far as I can see it isn't.
Seems that you didn't either go past that to do so... or you're playing a different game. :D

Reactions: UncleVT

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Megadownloader can grab single files from a folder.
The limit a free user has doesn't matter in our download case since we activated 500GB download bandwidth for everyone who is a free user and/or who hit his/her limit each month. Might not seem much but since the updates aren't that big and the whole game is just about 3.88GB in the biggest size we have, it should be enough for those who can't download bigger files there.
Then there would be better download manager like jdownloader2 (compatible with ALL oneclick hosters) and so on.
And another option is the one kindly made available by gobbet in the post quoted below:

You can download just the update, you just have to browse to it in the folder it's in. That's what I did, and it worked just fine.

If you want the full size, 5.2.x to 6 one, it should be here:
Thanks ;)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
This is entirelly lore dependant. That miasma affection thingy you describe? Never even heard of that.. Vampires create vampires by draining the victim's blood and either its simply their bite (in most lore , this is the case) or they share their blood with the dying or just dies victim (my prefered version in my prefered lore) to create another.
Sex is once again entireally lore dependant. Usually they can sex, with certain limitations obviously, but they can.
read the necroscope series from brian lumley

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Another mythos that I encountered recently was the Dresden Files. Vampires in this realm are just another race. They, infact, have separate sub-races that feed and act accordingly to cover the plethora of myths we have about them. These novels are written(in my opinion) along the young adult level, but were fun and had a fully developed world covering all the supernatural and why we(as humans) would or wouldn't perceive it or them. They stand somewhere between the 'classics' and Jacks vampires, but much closer to the Knight universe. Oh, I believe it was Jim Butcher that wrote them should any be intrigued.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Another mythos that I encountered recently was the Dresden Files. Vampires in this realm are just another race. They, infact, have separate sub-races that feed and act accordingly to cover the plethora of myths we have about them. These novels are written(in my opinion) along the young adult level, but were fun and had a fully developed world covering all the supernatural and why we(as humans) would or wouldn't perceive it or them. They stand somewhere between the 'classics' and Jacks vampires, but much closer to the Knight universe. Oh, I believe it was Jim Butcher that wrote them should any be intrigued.
WAHHH still waiting for the latest novel :':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'( I love the Dresden Files :D Yes they're written by Jim Butcher ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Finally been able and played the game, loved all the background stuff and story is progressing nicely and still believable within its own world as well. Great Job and well done Jack, Palanto and for the missus that gets stared at if she innocently reads a book.:) :D Thanks for the enjoyable play through and hard work.

Only thing that was missing unfortunately was some private sweaty very physical alone time with that cute, adorable, caring, charming if impetuous and very hot little Fap that is our divine lady Sirina, a big miss to all us followers of the Church of Our Lady Syrina:evilsmile: Though the other niece was adorable.

You are a mean tease Jack letting us wait 6 months:biggrin:. Did like the inclusion of her nickname in game.:p

Also interesting there is a faction of gods standing with the angelions that Hime belongs to, there is a neutral faction with the fates and Karma. so is there also a third faction one wonders that we still have to meet or is that one of the things MC will have to create.:pensive:

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Finally been able and played the game, loved all the background stuff and story is progressing nicely and still believable within its own world as well. Great Job and well done Jack, Palanto and for the missus that gets stared at if she innocently reads a book.:) :D Thanks for the enjoyable play though and hard work.

Only thing that was missing unfortunately was some private sweaty very physical alone time with that cute, adorable, caring and adorable little Fap that is our divine lady Sirina, a big miss to all us followers of the Church of Our Lady Syrina:evilsmile: Though the other niece was adorable.

You are a mean tease Jack letting us wait 6 months:biggrin:. Did like the inclusion of her nickname in game.:p

Also interesting there is a faction of gods standing with the angelions that Hime belongs to, there is a neutral faction with the fates and Karma. so is there also a third faction one wonders that we still have to meet or is that one of the things MC will have to create.:pensive:
I am going to assume there is a faction of gods though they might be in hiding because it looks like the jappaneese are with the angels, the norse are with karma and im going to say the greeks are with the demons

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Many options there, also in Africa though the fact Syrina had an Irish name might be a hint. On the other hand the Norse gods are a subset of the Germanic Gods as are the Irish Gods if I remember right some of the stories from my Irish sister in law and her family.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
I am going to assume there is a faction of gods though they might be in hiding because it looks like the jappaneese are with the angels, the norse are with karma and im going to say the greeks are with the demons
I'd think it's more likely that other members of the Greek pantheon are aligned with Fate. You know, because, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos ...

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes