ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Finally been able and played the game, loved all the background stuff and story is progressing nicely and still believable within its own world as well. Great Job and well done Jack, Palanto and for the missus that gets stared at if she innocently reads a book.:) :D Thanks for the enjoyable play through and hard work.
You are quite welcome and glad that you enjoyed it!! :D

Only thing that was missing unfortunately was some private sweaty very physical alone time with that cute, adorable, caring, charming if impetuous and very hot little Fap that is our divine lady Sirina, a big miss to all us followers of the Church of Our Lady Syrina:evilsmile: Though the other niece was adorable.
I had considered it and, as soon as I did, I rejected the idea.

To me, any kind of sex with Syrina would've seemed gratuitous... a simple addition to appease audience, but would've lacked impact and would've came off as a 'cheap' ploy to me.

Originally, when I created Syrina, I had intended her to always remain pint-sized... Syrina was meant to be to the MC as Cortana is to Master Chief... but, somewhere along the way (I think the kitchen scene) the little FAP developed into becoming something more to the MC than just a guide and helper (like the way that Cortana was meant to be to Master Chief)...

As a Halo fan, who fell deeply attached to and emotionally involved with Cortana while playing as the Master Chief, I can see a striking similarity with the MC and Syrina... and, because of that, decided against a fuck scene between her and the MC before the end of "Wicked Choices: Book One"...

...no, I want that moment, when it comes, to be one of passion, heartfelt emotion and romance... not a simple roll in the hay, I want it to carry weight and have meaning!!!

I am imagining that Syrina is going to be (like Cortana) the constant anchor that the 'Antichrist' can rely on, trust and, if the player's choose, even love... so the initial scene between the two shouldn't be a 'quick fuck'... but rather, a steamy, romantic, sappy, love making scene worthy of a character that the MC relies on, trusts and comes to care about.

You are a mean tease Jack letting us wait 6 months:biggrin:. Did like the inclusion of her nickname in game.:p

Also interesting there is a faction of gods standing with the angelions that Hime belongs to, there is a neutral faction with the fates and Karma. so is there also a third faction one wonders that we still have to meet or is that one of the things MC will have to create.:pensive:
Sorry for the tease, but glad I could provide a tip of the hat to those who helped to make Syrina what she is! :D

As for the faction of gods... I choose not to say anything at present, but it will be better explained in "Adventures of a Changed Boy", as well as, their roles in all of this. ;)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I have two complains and a question.

1. I didnt try this earlier

2. I finished this version

and...

Will player incest be limited to family ties only (due to Pisseon rules), will we get a patch or secret mode or what?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
2nd part is moving to RPGM? Seems like a backwards move most people avoid RPGM like the plague.

EDIT: It seems the author thinks otherwise best of luck to them hope it works out for them but most RPGM devs are switching to RENPY to make more money not the other way around.

But the Dev does good work. Hope this works out well for them
Hahahaha yes some do that to get more money. Well we're probably trying to earn more money too but we take the engine that's best suited for our needs. SO from now on RPGMaker MV. Might not be the most popular choice, but what else is left? Buying new assets for unity / unreal and doing it the right way? Well we WOULD do that RIGHT AWAY if we had that kind of money. Old assets like the V4 stuff won't work in engines like that ;) Well they might but that would look like throwing shit on a fan :p

Shrugs as long as the story remains great and we get to use the Mc's powers i do not really care what engine though i will be sad to lose the wonderful visual graphics
as mentioned below:

the graphics have nothing to do with the engine. that is the perview of the rendering app. Renpy takes us from static site to static site. Rpgm does have pixel art maps and chibi style character icons, but as Jack said they are trying to minimize that with their work and added contractors(if I read correctly). But the scenes, and personas will be what we have come to expect and love.
correct, the graphics haven't got anything to do with it ;) Sure there might be some kind of pixelart in between the scenes for those who want to play a GAME but those who just want a visual novel can skip those parts pretty easily by just using the teleport function, I'm going to implement, to just jump to the next story relevant spot and resume the main story without "much" interference. Sure you'll still see a little bit of pixelart in between those steps, but hopefully that's minimal enough to still enjoy the "VN" if you don't want to play the "Game" ;)

Just for those who have concerns about rpgmaker. While i don't know what exactly the guys have in mind but what i do know is that there are RPGmaker games out there those don't appear as your regular rpgmaker game at all. Cohabitation? Private Community? Both of those appear to be Ren'Py games but on rpgmaker engine and acts much more like a sandbox style game.

I can tell you that such a game can be made in Ren'Py.. but ohboy with sooo much bugs that needs soo much fixing :(
Nah bugs and stuff have nothing to do with it, there are already prebuild things to even do kind of like old doom dungeon crawler games. But seriously, why would I want to bend an engine to do something that it's not supposed to do? Would you build an airplane out of a bicycle? I wouldn't I'd probably take something a little more suited for it as a base.

It's really not about if it would be possible to do it all in ren'py, since yes it is. It's more about, renpy was built for visual novels and for visual novels only. So why should I create an RPG with a visual novel engine instead of using an rpg engine or if we had the money, build a realtime 3D 1st or 3rd person action rpg? Just my two cents on it ;)

I have to admit, I never read the 'Dresden File' books, although I did watch (and very much enjoyed) the television series that was out briefly on ScyFy... but, like all good series on that channel, it got canceled... part of the reason that I ditched that channel and avoid it now like a plague, I don't care whatever they air anymore, I just won't watch it... even if they were to do my own stuff, I'd avoid it.

My hate runs deep and remains true.

Personally, I haven't read a book in a very long time... part of the reason for that is, admittedly, time... which I have so little of anymore. Another reason, simply, is because I never want to be accused of plagiarism (either accidental or on purpose)... it is bad enough that a lot of my stuff shows my love of the classics like those of Piers Anthony, John Norman, Isaac Asimov, H.G. Wells and Phillip K Dick and such.

Sure there are some that blatantly get away with ripping off other's works and make 'Best Seller' lists and movies (the RIPOFF of Battle Royale)... but, honestly, I don't want to ever take the chance or screw up, intently or not.
Never watched the series since all who read the books say it was shit (maybe just because it didn't follow the books and was written by someone else? I don't know :D )
If you one day have some time again you should really try one of the novels, they're (at least in the german version) funny as hell ;)

and...

Will player incest be limited to family ties only (due to Pisseon rules), will we get a patch or secret mode or what?
Hahahahaha you made my day. Best complaints ever! :D

Alright about the question, as you can see, there is a bit of incest in the game already, "Pisseon" checked the game.... iirc 3 times already. And they only said to ASLPro3D that it's close and he has to be careful. But nothing else since then. So IF we get reported or IF they decide to take us down, we'll certainly create kind of a patch but won't advertise it on "Pisseon" ;)

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
I have to admit, I never read the 'Dresden File' books, although I did watch (and very much enjoyed) the television series that was out briefly on ScyFy... but, like all good series on that channel, it got canceled... part of the reason that I ditched that channel and avoid it now like a plague, I don't care whatever they air anymore, I just won't watch it... even if they were to do my own stuff, I'd avoid it.

My hate runs deep and remains true.
I feel the same way about Fox. *grumble* Firefly *grumble*

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
-Cpt Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
2nd part is moving to RPGM? Seems like a backwards move most people avoid RPGM like the plague.

EDIT: It seems the author thinks otherwise best of luck to them hope it works out for them but most RPGM devs are switching to RENPY to make more money not the other way around.

But the Dev does good work. Hope this works out well for them
If you are talking about people (as in Creators) moving from RPGM to Ren'Py, the majority of that is because they are either...

1.) Chasing Money.
2.) Trying to appease their 'followers'.

If you are talking about people (as in actual supporters) moving from RPGM to Ren'Py, the majority of that is because most they are...

1.)Tired of above mentioned games/creators that inefficiently use the application.
2.)Sick of above mentioned games/creators who believe that bullshit "fetch", "eating" and "showering" missions are "content".

Regardless, as I've said, the choice of us getting away from a glorified "choose your own adventure picture book" and actually into something a little more "game like", is my decision...

...believe me, I had considered just shifting over to just doing it as a "novel" and saving myself from doing another 166,600+ word book AND doing artwork for it as well (I'd like to see Stephen King write a novel -larger than his book Firestarter- and ALSO do artwork for every page of the entire thing... and all in a year... I bet he wouldn't).

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Just for those who have concerns about rpgmaker. While i don't know what exactly the guys have in mind but what i do know is that there are RPGmaker games out there those don't appear as your regular rpgmaker game at all. Cohabitation? Private Community? Both of those appear to be Ren'Py games but on rpgmaker engine and acts much more like a sandbox style game.

I can tell you that such a game can be made in Ren'Py.. but ohboy with sooo much bugs that needs soo much fixing :(
Ohhhh... so true!!
Thank you, @Ennoch!!

@Palanto and I have talked about it repeatedly... could we do what we want to do in Ren'Py, yeah... be a lot of our own programming, but it could be done... but, like you pointed out, it would open us up to the possibility of bugs that would slow us down in production... which is pointless for us to do, when there is already an application that has all of that programing already added, is stable and won't require us reinventing the wheel and chasing bugs!!

The goal of ANYONE serious about making a game should be how to EFFICIENTLY create their game for their customers, MINIMIZE workload when you don't have enough staff, SHOWCASE your work in a presentable form and do all of that without MAXIMIZING one's need to do TECHNICAL SUPPORT...

...at the risk of repeating myself, if people are unhappy with the choice... there's the door... we aren't stopping you... though, I think it is pretty foolish to be making for the door without trying first.

Just saying.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
the newer html5 engine is actually quite decent, but there are two major flaws.
1) you cant just use a dev console like in py to smooth over any issues or rewrite your values on the fly (as player)
2) a lot of devs are bad at coding and game design.

plus you have no build in skip feature I think.
cohabitation is RPGM and its lack of skipping feature for repeated scenes grinds my gears.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

and...

Never watched the series since all who read the books say it was shit (maybe just because it didn't follow the books and was written by someone else? I don't know :D )
If you one day have some time again you should really try one of the novels, they're (at least in the german version) funny as hell ;)
Maybe, one day, when I've actually got time... something, which you know first hand, that neither of us seem to have very much of!! :p

Hahahahaha you made my day. Best complaints ever! :D
Yeah, I agree, I like those kinds of complaints!! :D

Alright about the question, as you can see, there is a bit of incest in the game already, "Pisseon" checked the game.... iirc 3 times already. And they only said to ASLPro3D that it's close and he has to be careful. But nothing else since then. So IF we get reported or IF they decide to take us down, we'll certainly create kind of a patch but won't advertise it on "Pisseon" ;)
Actually, I forgot to tell you this, but you can add 4 times now... I had been contacted by Brooke from Patreon on Sept. 20th in regard to content again... but after further review and a few minor changes, I got the: "Thank you for writing back to me and for making those changes, you can proceed with your page as usual." from her.

So yeah, people can probably expect a kind of unadvertised "patch" if it looks like we are going to draw unwanted attention to ourselves. ;)

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I feel the same way about Fox. *grumble* Firefly *grumble*

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."
-Cpt Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
OH HELL YEAH!!

Firefly
Lucifer
the debacle with Lethal Weapon (getting rid of Clayne Crawford... was BULLSHIT)...

Yeah, so done with FOX...!!!

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell... A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."
-Rev. Book

Reactions: Sierra3 and Wyrme

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
the newer html5 engine is actually quite decent, but there are two major flaws.
1) you cant just use a dev console like in py to smooth over any issues or rewrite your values on the fly (as player)
2) a lot of devs are bad at coding and game design.

cohabitation is RPGM and its lack of skipping feature for repeated scenes grinds my gears.
1) If the game is done correctly you don't need a dev console to rewrite any values (And if you want to cheat there's always saveeditonline :p )
2) True, I'm not the best either, never said I was since I'm still learning a lot of new things in a lot of different languages. But I learn from my mistakes and from others and try to avoid them or correct them.

That's true, but a skip feature is easily findable if you just start up google. But I try to avoid ready made plugins (or only use them as a base to get some good ideas) because I know for a fact that some plugins are just sloppy written and are acting up in the long run. So I'll rather "invent the wheel again" than using something that might end up creating memory leaks or whatnot that might destroy the players experience.

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Actually, I've played a lot of RPGM games (Japanese games) that have built in Skip Features in them... you can either select that in the "options" page (if the Dev makes it available) or use a special key like holding down the "ENTER" button, pressing and holding the "RIGHT SHIFT" or "CTRL" keys... again, Developer added.

The problem with most RPGM games created and complained by many here and elsewhere is the fact of laziness on the creator's part, lack of programming knowledge... or lack of simple care.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell... A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."
-Rev. Book
So much great writing in that show.

Inara: "Why do you find him so fascinating?"
Book: "Because he's something of a mystery. Why do you?"
Inara: "Because so few men are."

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017