ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Basically the pro renpy people failed to convince him? What does a shitty game engine have to do with the quality/trust of the dev? Palanto might be a top tier dev but rpgm will always be shitty. lol
Personally, I hate BOTH Renpy and RPGM and there is no amount of convincing me that both programs don't suck. But we want to move in the direction of creating games... if I wanted to just create long winded comic books, I'd still be in the comic book industry. RPGM for all of it's faults is more game like, has stat control and memory hardcoded into its framework that RenPy doesn't...

I avoid most VN's myself and would prefer to use Unity or Havok, but not at that level yet and don't have very much support for our game to develop in a real game engine... and while I am done doing picture books, the software will be designed for people who want to play the game in that form.

Reactions: DA22

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
The game refused to start on my android device, I did not go through all comments because this will take ages but I will appreciate the help
I have the same problem if someone has a fix to this will be helpful
Same problems too
Looking into it, for some reasons it won't start up because of the movies... although the hardware acceleration for them has been deactivated ever since we released an android version.....

What's the problem?
Well as far as I can tell, you didn't save until that point?
OR, the mac version doesn't create a "saves" folder inside the app itself... which is quite possible... never had a mac so I don't know how they do it. And since I didn't think of the possibility of that... well I searched for the "SAVE TO RPGM" files in the games save folder instead of the correct one (i.e. on windows it would be C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\WickedChoices-1489503809 ) so I have to replace that. But please tell me, did you save prior to that point? At least once?

Your problem is that Microsoft's Window's 10 is interrupting your gameplay... and you should probably want to turn your "Action Center's" Notifications to OFF while you play games....
Uhm, yeah he wrote it already but.. yes he's using mac :D

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
has been updated in regard to the switch from Ren'Py to RPGM...

Reactions: DA22

aegg

Oct 21, 2017
One of the best if not the best written game. Thank you guys so much for this amazing game/experience. Looking forward to the next one.
Also engine to consider ( as per previous post, Dev mentioned unity/havoc ) check out UE4 for distant future. "Visual programming" works wonders ( no idea about licensing costs/problems ) . Very easy to get going with enough info to do anything.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
One of the best if not the best written game. Thank you guys so much for this amazing game/experience. Looking forward to the next one.
Also engine to consider ( as per previous post, Dev mentioned unity/havoc ) check out UE4 for distant future. "Visual programming" works wonders ( no idea about licensing costs/problems ) . Very easy to get going with enough info to do anything.
Really glad that you enjoyed the game and thank you for the praise @aegg!!

We will look into it! We are a little ways away from being able to move up to a new engine, but hope that with enough support and time that will change, but will certainly look into UE4!!

Thanks again!
~Jack

Nachtvogel

Jul 30, 2018
I have a question regarding the ritual scene:

Is there any way to avoid the whole sexscene with Jamila? I mean the MC realises how fucked up that whole ritual thing is (daughter beeing drugged und chained to the floor, even if this is technically not rape... but still very close to...).
But we dont have an option to choose not to go through with it?

Or am i missing something here? According to the walkthrough there are only 3 paths and in all of them you have to have sex with Jamila...

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I have a question regarding the ritual scene:

Is there any way to avoid the hole sexscene with Jamila? I mean the MC realises how fucked up that hole ritual thing is (daughter beeing drugged und chained to the floor, even if this is technically not rape... but still very close to...).
But we dont have an option to choose not to go through with it?

Or am i missing something here? According to the walkthrough there are only 3 paths and in all of them you have to have sex with Jamila...
I do not know a option to avoid this ritual. This ritual is storywise needed, so even if you could, it wouldn't make sense in my eyes to avoid it.

Nachtvogel

Jul 30, 2018
I do not know a option to avoid this ritual. This ritual is storywise needed, so even if you could it wouldn't make sense in my eyes to avoid it.
Really tho? I mean beeing forced to have sex with a young, innocent, naive girl that has been manipulated by her own family to believe its the right thing to do to give her body and her virginity to, first her father and then after he died to her uncle aka the MC?

I mean even story wise there were other options. Like instead having sex with Edith and Mariam. And if thats not enough sexual energy, why not order 100 hookers. MC is loaded now as far as i know so why doing something so immoral when there are other options?

I really hoped i could play the MC as a "good" guy. But after this scene i just cant see him as a potential good guy anymore...

Edit: Dont get me wrong here, i really want to like this game. It has an interesting story, great writing, good dialogue and characters. But i just cant like a game with such a shitty MC...

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Okay I'm severely confused was there any story update after David's 'change' or was this just all the episodes or books combined into one update ? Sorry for the confusion

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Really tho? I mean beeing forced to have sex with a young, innocent, naive girl that has been manipulated by her own family to believe its the right thing to do to give her body and her virginity to, first her father and then after he died to her uncle aka the MC?

I mean even story wise there were other options. Like instead having sex with Edith and Mariam. And if thats not enough sexual energy, why not order 100 hookers. MC is loaded now as far as i know so why doing something so immoral when there are other options?

I really hoped i could play the MC as a "good" guy. But after this scene i just cant see him as a potential good guy anymore...

Edit: Dont get me wrong here, i really want to like this game. It has an interesting story, great writing, good dialogue and characters. But i just cant like a game with such a shitty MC...
I think the MC wouldn't gain much energy from the others, as all other lack a certained "selling" point for the energy gain. But I am not the creater of this story, only an other consumer:p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Also if you play her path only in the ritual, Jamila might have an interesting confession for you. Also remember that Syrina does not get power from sex per se but more from perverted sex if I remember right from her original explanation (it has been awhile I played that part). Else it would have made way more sense for her to do MC himself asap, though I suspect Edith as his step mother could have figured as a stand in for Jamila if Jack had wanted. :p

Then again Jack might have further plans for Jamila based upon some of the dialogue in her single path or it might be a preparation of mc for some other options he will have later on, let's say the further breaking of some walls around his conscience. :)

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
I believe it kind in between. Sex does power, but the more you stretch 'moral' guides the more power created. Remember, she stressed for even the wife(how much more normal can ya get), but wanted a go with the daughter for the spike. So, Edith or Jamila's mom would have been gains, but a willing virgin sacrifice was all but a guaranteed surplus voltage. The scene with Jamila is layered where she is willing(agreed she is raised 'trained' to see it as such) and has an affinity for the MC, and the MC is self-doubting of the validity/necessity of such a sacrifice. If played out the various ways, details show that perspective is skewed by our choices. Such is why I love Jack's writing. Doing right can be wrong, and doing evil can be good. Long view and short term, ones choices(wicked or otherwise) can have consequences beyond our perception.
For the socially grounded, one would have to almost play the vulcan mind game of 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few' to survive such a choice. For the more depraved, a simple she said yes (and is technically not my niece) would suffice. Wicked choices, in word and in deed.

Nachtvogel

Jul 30, 2018
But thats exactly my problem with this scene. Up to this point we always had the choice. First with Claire. Later on with Syrina and watching your daughter. But this time, even tho it is the biggest decision so far in the MC life, we dont get the choice.
Yes you can choose how this scene plays out, but in the end its always the same thing.

I would have wished for the possibility to decide "wrong".

Its just i have this mixed feelings now about this game. Cause i liked it up to this point. I could sympathize with the MCs situation. This whole angel-demon-antichrist shitshow that he got thrown in. Having betrayed his wife with his own niece and so on.

But now im sitting here and almost punched the screen because my brain was constantly telling me during this scene how fucking wrong this is and how there HAS to be another way to get enough energy...

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Nachtvogel... no there isn't a way to avoid the ritual.

As @DA22 mentions, depending on the path chosen, certain facts about Jamila's feelings about the MC and about the ritual itself are revealed... the more depraved the Player/MC chooses, the less the ritual is about Jamila and the more it is about the act of sex itself.

Another misconception that you have is that while Jamila is initially drugged at the behest of Edith, she isn't drugged at the time of the ritual... all her mother gave her was a sedative that would help her daughter to relax and, hopefully, not feel as much pain when losing her virginity. Also, Jamila isn't directly related to the MC... she is his 'niece' only by marriage.

@Wyrme is correct in his response, while sex with Edith or Mariam, his wife, or even 100 hookers as you suggested, would've served as a means to "power up" the antichrist... none of that would've equaled the value provided by the act of a virgin sacrifice as what was done.

It has been long established, even in the bible, the power and value of a virgin... the act of an individual providing their virginity has long been taught that it is the most powerful act a person can give to another, which is why Jamila offering that to her uncle (the MC/Antichrist) is a very significant act to help him in his endeavors.

Also, as pointed out, the more an individual stretches their 'morals' the more power is obtained... again, history has shown debase actions in regard to sex produces an euphoric power over people. Roman and Greek orgies, Sapphic and Homosexual rituals and practices, Bestiality, Rape and Incest were all common elements experienced or conducted during rituals by humans for their "gods"... from Mayan, Incan, Roman, Greek, Norse, Egyptian, etc... shaman's, priest, sorcerers, witches, warlocks, witchdoctors, etc., all incorporated various forms of sexual rituals as a means of demonstrating power...

...after all, sex is the closest thing that man can get to being GOD... sex is an instrument of CREATION and there is no greater power in or under the heavens than the power of CREATION!

One might ask, so why the more debase the act the more "power" that is obtained?

Simple (at least for our story)... have you ever had a fetish that you always wanted to try? Kept hidden from the knowledge of others, because you feared that if they knew that they would reject you... and when you did find someone or get to experience that fetish for the first time, feel that RUSH that runs through your body like a living current of electricity... feel more aroused and powerful in that moment???

It is that RUSH, that aroused feeling of POWER that courses through the body that charges our spirits... and the magical energies that the Antichrist, Demonothans and Angelions can use.

Hope that explains it a bit better for you and everyone.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Couldn't read much of it have to go to work now, but just wanted to say, a MAC fix is being uploaded right now and the fixed android version too. You'll find it in the same download folder as before, if there is no file in the v1.1 folder yet, it's not finished uploading. So keep checking in from time to time!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Looking forward to playing as soon as Android has fix
Android version isn't working for me either :(
The wait shouldn't be long... the Android situation has been solved and the fixed version is currently being uploaded to our Mega server and will let everyone know when it is available for download.

We also believe we have the situation with some MAC players have experienced solved and also currently uploading that as well.

Reactions: Palanto

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay I'm severely confused was there any story update after David's 'change' or was this just all the episodes or books combined into one update ? Sorry for the confusion
No, like it reports on the front page under "changelog" that this is a Gold Master (GM) Release, meaning that it has undergone massive work to be combined into one (manufacture) release, with final spelling, grammar and program fixes, as well as, one scene that was accidentally omitted from the original releases and the save file format that will be required to load all of the choices you've made in this game into the next ones coming out.

Reactions: Palanto
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes