blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
No, like it reports on the front page under "changelog" that this is a Gold Master (GM) Release, meaning that it has undergone massive work to be combined into one (manufacture) release, with final spelling, grammar and program fixes, as well as, one scene that was accidentally omitted from the original releases and the save file format that will be required to load all of the choices you've made in this game into the next ones coming out.
Gold Master just a tier system I assume or a Patreon thing and gotcha so like a bug fix update tyvm for the reply and look forward to more updates doing great work so far and you say 'the save file format' are you guys still sticking with the same game engine ?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Gold Master just a tier system I assume or a Patreon thing and gotcha so like a bug fix update tyvm for the reply and look forward to more updates doing great work so far and you say 'the save file format' are you guys still sticking with the same game engine ?
Actually, I work in the video game industry as my daily job (as a motion capture cleanup guy and mission based story writer), but in that industry a Gold Master Release (or GM for short) is the final state to the release of a game before it goes to "Print" for final distribution.... a 1.0 Manufacture Release for Retail Sale... meaning it should be void of bugs and won't likely be updated again.

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

Nachtvogel

Jul 30, 2018
"Another misconception that you have is that while Jamila is initially drugged at the behest of Edith, she isn't drugged at the time of the ritual... all her mother gave her was a sedative that would help her daughter to relax and, hopefully, not feel as much pain when losing her virginity. Also, Jamila isn't directly related to the MC... she is his 'niece' only by marriage."

The incest itself is no problem for me. I actually think even in real life incest is ok. As long everyone is on the same page and they know about the potential risks and harms in case of a pregnancy.

My biggest problem from a moral standpoint is the fact that this girl is manipulated by her own family to believe this is the right thing to do. And the MC even realises how wrong this is.
So even if Jamila says yes, it still feels like rape to me...
(Mmh rape might be the wrong word here... rapey? rapish? i dont know, something not quite rape but still wrong.)

I think you can compare that to a religious sexcult or something. A man tells his daughter that he would need her help at somepoint in her life. And that help would be her virginity and it would be for the greater good for the village. If this daughter is brought up in this kind of society her whole life, she will agree to this of course.
But as an outsider looking into this you realise how wrong this is on so many levels.

And yes in this story the cults theory is confirmed by the MC/Antichrist, but only Edith actually "knows" about that right? So for Mariam and Jamila this is still just another freakshow even if they believe in all this.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Nachtvogel you are correct, in a way this is a sex cult of some kind... and, yes, you are supposed to feel much like the MC does that this is sort of fucked up... but ALL of the participants in this "cult" are fully aware of what they are doing, what is expected of them and why... they were ALL raised or married into this to perform this duty.

Up until Edith's husband's death, they all performed and participated in these rituals together (with the exception of Jamila and the MC)... Jamila was aware of the rituals taking place and was patiently waiting till she was "of age" to participate in them with her mom and father (Edith's husband)... but his death kept that from happening, so she instead gave it to the MC/Antichrist.

We, along with the MC, are outsiders in this whole fucked up situation... being thrown into a family whose sole duty was to keep the Demonothan Princess safe and alive until the arrival of the Antichrist (you), forced to perform incest and carry that mission out like a "sex cult" for fear of being discovered by the Angelions and others.

So yeah, it is morally challenging... it is meant to be...

PS: Remember, this has been going on in this family for GENERATIONS....

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Actually, I work in the video game industry as my daily job (as a motion capture cleanup guy and mission based story writer), but in that industry a Gold Master Release (or GM for short) is the final state to the release of a game before it goes to "Print" for final distribution.... a 1.0 Manufacture Release for Retail Sale... meaning it should be void of bugs and won't likely be updated again.
Curious question: Does a GM release exist anymore? I mean sure you, some other kind of devs and publisher care about a (most) bug free, finished version, before they release it.
But usually it looks for me as buy it on the release date and you can put it in the locker and wait. Either the game will mature over time or it will catch some mold. Sometimes the mold is so thick that the publisher abandon it or even take it to next garbage dump:cry:. Perhaps sometimes they even will charge you for a the "patch" of the "beta" you have brought, so that you can have a "full" game.

And I do not mean the DLC (disc look content not the downloadable content) on day 1 releases games or the never ending catalog of warderobe items that you can buy for your preferred character.
Downloadable content on day can have their reason, but disc look content means for me that they have enough time to have it on the mastered disc itself, so this is only a sales decision.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Curious question: Does a GM release exist anymore? I mean sure you, some other kind of devs and publisher care about a (most) bug free, finished version, before they release is it.
But usually it looks for me as buy it on the release date and you can put it in the locker and wait. Either the game will mature over time or it will catch some mold. Sometimes the mold is so thick that the publisher abandon it or even take it to next garbage dump:cry:. Perhaps sometimes they even will charge you for a the "patch" of the "beta" you have brought, so that you can have a "full" game.

And I do not mean the DLC (disc look content not the downloadable content) on day 1 releases games or the never ending catalog of warderobe items that you can buy for your preferred character.
Downloadable content on day can have their reason, but disc look content means for me that they have enough time to have it on the mastered disc itself, so this is only a sales decision.
The companies that I work for are overseas and Asian and they are ANAL when it comes to game producing/releasing and they still do GM's.... but pretty sure none of the other studios do anymore.... most are just into money grabs it seems, with the exception of CD Projekt Red... love the fact that they give stuff away for free and care about their game titles like the two companies that I work for!!

Nachtvogel

Jul 30, 2018
"PS: Remember, this has been going on in this family for GENERATIONS.... "

That makes it even worse. Cause before the MC/Antichrist arrived their sex practices were exactly like a crazy religious sex cult. Scientology would be like a pony farm compared to them... So its only until now that they know their actions were actually important und not just some crazy shitshow...

Oct 31, 2018
Be sure to use the new GOLD MASTER RELEASE that we just posted on the front page, @StrayWookie and hope you enjoy our game!! :)
Aye cool. Thanks for the heads up. I just finished a play-through last night actually, had an 8 hour run, there is some lengthy dialogues, pertinent to the story for the most part. Really enjoyed the Syrina characters writing, very engaging and spunky as.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hmh, heavy topic here :) Well I for one don't like the use of the drug either, but as you can tell she's head over heels for the MC. And it pretty much looks like she knew what was coming and was looking forward to it... even though she was obviously nervous... Still, "I" for one filter it out a little, and think of it as if they had a drink together beforehand... It made her relax a little and as @ASLPro3D described it, it made it less painful for her... Not sure if that's a bad thing, I think the real problem here is that it looks like she's doing it just for the ritual, even though anyone can tell she would do the MC without any ritual involved ;)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Glad you liked it @StrayWookie :) I know how you feel, but sadly we're just a 2.5 people team :D This "8 hour run" game took us over a year to finish ;) So we can only go and take one step at a time, the next step is the William / Billie part, after that we're probably going to return to the main story ;)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
What's wrong lordmode? Your emoji looks pissed? Well I'm pissed off about getting "fat" marked text with 4 exclamation marks... There's a german saying: "Wie du in den Wald hinein rufst, so schallt es wieder raus", lt. translated to: "As you shout into the forest, it sounds out again." <-- (google translated because lazy.... )

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Front Page has been edited to include the new v1.1 patches and fixes created by @Palanto for MAC and ANDROID users and would like to thank @the66 for his assistance and help with Palanto in this!! I made a REPORT (I think) to let the admins/mods know to update the Latest Updates (I hope) so players know that the Mac and Android versions are now playable. .. now to go and update the Patrons on Patreon.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes