3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
The key in question doesnt appear in menu key binding. that why he ask
You're right, my bad.
Iirc the default key is Numpad 0 or ², but take this with a pinch of salt, I don't remember.

Might just actually need to end the sex scene and still get a bottle filled up, needs to be checked

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
<Snip>

Might just actually need to end the sex scene and still get a bottle filled up, needs to be checked
If I remember correctly the 'Press <designated key> to cum' was just a visual effect adding cum splatters to the player, it didn't seem to count as the monster cumming.

I can't remember if it is acceptable for that werewolf quest, but I do remember being able to beat the hell out of things and get a jar of cum from them, as long as I had empty bottles in the PCs inventory.
I THINK beating the werewolves and collecting the bottle of cum did count towards that quest, but it's been long enough that I my memory is a bit fuzzy on it.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
I can't remember if it is acceptable for that werewolf quest, but I do remember being able to beat the hell out of things and get a jar of cum from them, as long as I had empty bottles in the PCs inventory.
You sir, are absolutely correct with that. I have totally forgotten this fact ! Thanks for correcting me

Reactions: CaptainBipto

HyperK2

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
I haven't tried this out in a long while, and I have to admit, it's coming along. Last time I tried almost nothing worked from combat to crafting.
The regular gameplay seems to work pretty well, but the defeat sex is still pretty hit or miss for me.
Often times the animation doesn't align properly. The 'press to cum' doesn't seem to work unless I rebind it. Cumflation also doesn't seem to work for me or I'm not getting something. After getting defeated once, I will just die the second time, even after waiting for the debuffs to go away/sleeping ect. I also still wish that there was at least an option to have the animations have an automatic setting.
Still, game keeps getting better.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
thanks a lot
No problem mate, but you should rather follow this advice which is the actual mechanic :

If I remember correctly the 'Press <designated key> to cum' was just a visual effect adding cum splatters to the player, it didn't seem to count as the monster cumming.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I haven't tried this out in a long while, and I have to admit, it's coming along. Last time I tried almost nothing worked from combat to crafting.
The regular gameplay seems to work pretty well, but the defeat sex is still pretty hit or miss for me.
Often times the animation doesn't align properly. The 'press to cum' doesn't seem to work unless I rebind it. Cumflation also doesn't seem to work for me or I'm not getting something. After getting defeated once, I will just die the second time, even after waiting for the debuffs to go away/sleeping ect. I also still wish that there was at least an option to have the animations have an automatic setting.
Still, game keeps getting better.
The cum inflation bit has a percentage chance to work and I think you have to enable it, you can adjust it in the settings.
I THINK that it can compete with the pregnancy chance. Don't quote me on that, it is just my personal feelings after playing the game for a while. It feels like the game rolls a random chance for 'cum inflation' or 'pregnancy' and then rolls another RNG based on the percentages set for each one. I never poked at it that much myself; cum inflation just doesn't do it for me that much.

The dying when being sexed a second time after being defeated, is not a bug. It is a game mechanic.

The game has a mechanic called Grit. Your character starts with 1 point of Grit and gains 1 point every 2-3 levels and Grit points dictates what monsters you can have sex with and NOT DIE. It is a 1 to 1 comparison with the number of Skulls that a monster has. So, 1 Grit means you can fuck monsters with 1 Skull and not die. 4 Grit = 4 Skull monsters.

However.

When you are DEFEATED in a fight and get raped, the game reduces the amount of Grit that you have, based on the number of skulls a monster has and the character regenerates Grit points at the rate of about 1 point every 15 min of real time that passes.
So, if you have 5 Grit and you get beaten down by a 3 Skull wereboar, you now have 2 Grit (5-3=2) until the Grit points regenerate. If you get defeated or just entice that same Wereboar again, you die.

Reactions: nogling and Wlms

HyperK2

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
I played around with the settings to test. I put pregnancy off and cum inflation at 100% and started a new game and I didn't see anything. Maybe it'll kick in if I keep playing a while. The pregnancy system by itself is probably good enough anyways.
I kinda knew about the grit system. On the UI, there was still the same amount of hearts. I was thinking that I might've temporarily subtracted points from the total, but I couldn't tell.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I played around with the settings to test. I put pregnancy off and cum inflation at 100% and started a new game and I didn't see anything. Maybe it'll kick in if I keep playing a while. The pregnancy system by itself is probably good enough anyways.
I kinda knew about the grit system. On the UI, there was still the same amount of hearts. I was thinking that I might've temporarily subtracted points from the total, but I couldn't tell.
Well, good luck tinkering around with that cum inflation stuff. I recall it working for me, the last time I played but I had a pretty low chance (20% or so), so it didn't trigger that often and was a surprise moment whenever it happened.
The only other thing I can suggest is that you delete the WickedIsland folder in appdata. It nukes all of your settings and saves, but it feels almost mandatory to delete it whenever a new version comes out.

The UI is buggy right now, whenever you level up, it will have the correct number of hearts for the amount of Grit that you have, but it will randomly decide to only display 1 heart and you just have to guess/remember how much Grit you have.

Sorry for getting a bit wordy about Grit, it has been a semi-recurring thing I have seen here, where people post about a 'bug' where they die during sex and have no idea about Grit or how it works.

Reactions: Wlms

Alberio

Apr 26, 2022
I started messing around with the demo downloaded from Steam and I am in the midst of redownloading it. I encountered a bug that cripples some of the UI elements. This bug prevented me from making manual saves and also loading saves on the main menu after launching the game. Top it off another one I encountered prevented me from removing items into and out of the inventory including from the hot bar, even from chests.

Snidle

Jul 15, 2020
How are people actually doing quests in this game?

For me quests break, reset or stop updating when I: Enter or leave the tower, save the game, load the game, get knocked out, try to deal with the wolf companion (which does absolutely nothing), just randomly or when the quest giver just randomly disappears.

Side note, the townsfolk randomly disappear. I think they're supposed to have a simple routine cycle along with the day night cycle but they are sometimes just missing for days and randomly come back if I enter the area again at the right town. Or if I save and reload during the day time. Which then again breaks the quest.

I'm amazed the base building actually works somewhat decently (plenty of polish still needed but it works.) the rest of it just doesn't for me.

SAM s-300

Aug 4, 2017
I for one stop with doing quests and building

As for the townsfolk randomly disappear yeah i haven't got to clue what going on with them they just feel broken like most things.

Point1979

May 24, 2021

For me quests break, reset or stop updating when I: Enter or leave the tower, save the game, load the game, get knocked out, try to deal with the wolf companion (which does absolutely nothing), just randomly or when the quest giver just randomly disappears.

Side note, the townsfolk randomly disappear. I think they're supposed to have a simple routine cycle along with the day night cycle but they are sometimes just missing for days and randomly come back if I enter the area again at the right town. Or if I save and reload during the day time. Which then again breaks the quest.

I'm amazed the base building actually works somewhat decently (plenty of polish still needed but it works.) the rest of it just doesn't for me.
I'm not doing the game. I've said before, I view this as a concept world. I am excited to see the game that the Dev creates in this word. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the dev is really working on that. Last I saw was previews of character customizing. I have a feeling it'll be a few years before this is a game to can really "play"

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Every time the game is updated, I delete the WickedIsland folder in Appdata. It nukes all of my saves and any game settings, which sucks, but it helps with quests resetting or disappearing.
The only other thing I do, that I have learned, is to not harvest, pick up, or build anything when you are doing the fisherman quests. Those quests love to lose their mind if you do things before the quests ask you to.

The game is definitely still buggy and I have had my share of them as well.

I keep coming back with every update though, to poke at it see what broke or got fixed this time and then put it down again. There hasn't been any really new content in quite a while, so it gets boring pretty quickly, but it just scratches that survival/crafting/progression itch I get every so often.

justfly

Jan 7, 2022
great update, I do have some questions and mayby improvement ideas:
-How can I change speed of text despairing in dialogs (eng is not my native, I dont read that fast)
-What about those warewolf seeds? how can I speak to warewolf to get it? that mag tell me to agree with warewolfs, but tjey dont wanna lisen me))
-It would be beter if we could somehow on map understand where specific monsters live, its hard to find specific one
-There is a bug, that says you need to be safe to do this, but there is no monsters around, maybe we need some button to ovecome it when it happens
-Some new dialogs are hidden by wall of already readed, even if its completly new, and you never have it
-What is the Key to subduce yourself? I use "Y" but menu says ts right clik on mouse (dont work)

Pebbles

Dec 6, 2020
Reuploaded the update on gofiles :
Couldn't test the that update yet, so let me know if there are issues with my upload. And obviously, dont bother me if there are bugs in the game or something like that, i'm not a developper of this game.

Changelog :

Added
Options to make pregnancy belly and breasts not reduce after a pregnancy (making them grow additionally for each new pregnancy)
Option to enable hurting followers with player attacks (by default, player will no longer injure followers)
New Baelin quest that introduces radial menu and resting
Lots of new head/body shape presets for character creator
Several new facial detail shapes such as ears, teeth etc
Ability to customize eye glow color and intensity
Revamped tattoo system with glowing tattos that can be tweaked from character creation menu
A button in cheat menu to save current character preset to json as well as load a previous preset
Graphics options for shading, texture, foliage and reflection quality to allow for more fine tuned control over settings
Completely revamped cheat menu with search to easier find items and loads of new features
Graphic options to change some major graphic features like RHI, feature level, Nanite etc.
Bronze, iron and steel arrows
Several new mask items placed around the world with powerful stats.
Armor bench, now the only place you can craft armors (this is to make the workbench less messy with so many items to craft)
Small push back when attacking enemies
Simple first person mode (toggle with g by default). It wont be great in attacks and such, but its an option if someone wants to walk around in 1person view
A toggle to disable tutorials in settings menu

Changed
Made repairing and destroying build pieces with radial menu work
Increased exp gain rate for swimming
Followers teleporting to player will now teleport to a distance behind the player
Text mentioning skill points on level up
Made rocks and cacti in desert harvestable
Changed how trees fall
Rocks will now split when mined
Trees will fall different (more performant, less realistic, hopefully less buggy)
Ores will shrink gradually when mined
Changed the logic for respawning trees and ores to be more performant and avoid respawning when close to objects such as houses
Coal and brimstone is much more abundant and easier to find
added more iron ore to both demo and full map
cutting down trees has a chance to spawn branches
days are now 30minutes instead of 15, nights are 10 minutes instead of 5
Some improvements around footstep sounds, effects and such
Rebalanced drop rates for wood and ores
Reduced arrow headshot modifier from 2.5 to 1.5
Narrowed the laden/overburdened thresholds. If max weight is 300, laden will now kick in on 285 instead of 255 and overburdened at 315 instead of 345.
Added torches to craftable items on character, seems to have been removed from there for some reason..
Apply/cancel in settings menus will now boot you back to the menu before when clicked
Added time of day/night duration sliders to cheat menu
changed the skeleton for the female character. This means all armor and animations have been reworked (can be some quirks yet to be fixed)
Replaced and cleaned up player locomotion system to be smoother and work better overall
Revamped main menu with a new layout. Loaded characters will now wear the armor they wore when saving the game in main menu.
Character presets will now be stored under %LocalAppData%/WickedIsland\Saved instead of under the game folder, existing presets will automatically be moved to the new location when the game starts

Fixed
Drake seed to servant conversion not working
Green borders around icons
Drake animation dick alignment
Lesbian sex leading to pregnancy
Low res landscape texture in forest
Trees popping in strangely
An issue that sometimes lead to huge loot amounts
pregnancy not going away in main menu when starting a new character
npcs duplicating on game load
Dialogue quest notifications popping up in incorrect style
Bow aligned incorrectly for player
Fixed dick poke for human male carry anim
fps limit settings not working visually in options
Hair color wont go from black to blond if not changed manually in customization menu
an issue where the selected hotbar item didnt update properly and used a previously selected item
added a system to reduce armor clipping, wont be perfect but should help a bit.

Performance
Some changes to distant LOD's to reduce cpu load
New foliage system should be slightly more performant on cpu load
Added new LOD levels to female mesh
Made armors use less triangles

Lots of stuff i forgot to write down to change notes, sorry :(

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes