2.90 star(s) 60 Votes

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
The speed would be a lot better with better hardware, but I am not able to change that if it doesn't pays off. Why would I sink more money into something that is not able to generate any. Every minute I spend working on this I am more in a negative income (I doubt you would work on something and when you are finished they will take your money.) . So I am gonna do it how I feel is right and won't take any compromises with cutting down on a rendering quality. There is already enough of these games out there.
@VEGAStudio it's your game. You do you

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
I'll be blunt here, what every other sandbox game does/not, is not relevant. This discussion is about your sandbox game. If your game is crap, it doesn't help improve the game by saying "so the other games are not crap?". What you want is to improve your game and make it better so it can reach the potential. There are many other crap sandbox games, but there are also good sandbox games. You want to be in the good sandbox game category.

I fully acknowledged this in the previous post. My concern is with your speed (you brought up how long it'd take you to render quality image) vs the empty space in the game that needs to be filled. This is why I brought up the math to show you how many empty spots there are. Remember that every empty spot you have means the player has to "take a nap" which is not a good experience, especially since they will only know there's nothing to do after clicking everywhere looking for something that isn't there.

Here's what the player has to do to find there's nothing to do:
1. Click your bedroom -> nothing -> go back to hallway -> mom's room -> nothing -> go back to hallway -> sister's room -> nothing -> go back to hallway -> nothing -> go to first floor -> nothing -> go to kitchen -> nothing -> go to living room -> nothing -> to go entrance -> nothing -> leave house to town map -> coffee shop -> nothing -> back to town map -> advance time
2. Repeat Step 1 in reverse order -> to your bedroom -> take a nap
3. Repeat again from Step 1.

That is also why I brought up the possibility of re-using renders, or having repeatable scenes to (temporarily) fill up the those empty spots. The current emptiness is a problem, but it's also made worse because characters simply disappear when they have no scenes which makes the game world looks even more empty.

I'll repeat again, I'm talking strictly on the game design itself. Yes you have good renders, but player's experience is something that is really important. If they don't enjoy playing the game, then it doesn't really matter how good your render is. Imagine if you're serving a 3-michelin-star level of delicious food in your restaurant, but your seating area is in one big space complete with open toilet so you're eating in the same space as people taking a piss/dump. That's not a good experience even if your food is delicious.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I doubt what I said would have changed your mind, but at least I'd put it out here for you to consider, and maybe if there are other people feeling the same way.

All the best in the future and hope your game gets better and achieve success.
1. Click your bedroom -> nothing -> go back to hallway -> mom's room -> nothing -> go back to hallway -> sister's room -> nothing -> go back to hallway -> nothing -> go to first floor -> nothing -> go to kitchen -> nothing -> go to living room -> nothing -> to go entrance -> nothing -> leave house to town map -> coffee shop -> nothing -> back to town map -> advance time
2. Repeat Step 1 in reverse order -> to your bedroom -> take a nap
3. Repeat again from Step 1.

Thats what i do in those games because there is nothing to do sure it could be just me and i can't find the triggers for the event but is it possible that i have to do this shit every fucking time i'm going to every fucking scene at every fucking time period to trigger something then i just skip weeks but nothing happens.....

Exiler

May 7, 2018
Does this have animations? Or will it have animations if it doesn't? I'm talking about during the sex scenes... If it's just another Depraved Awakening with no animations, I won't bother with this game.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Thats what i do in those games because there is nothing to do sure it could be just me and i can't find the triggers for the event but is it possible that i have to do this shit every fucking time i'm going to every fucking scene at every fucking time period to trigger something then i just skip weeks but nothing happens.....
It's exactly what you would do in a sandbox game that doesn't have clarity in their design. There are games like this where you don't know what scenes are available, who would trigger it, when it'd be triggered, where it'd be triggered, and how to trigger it.

That's why I've always commented about the need for clarity in the design of many of these games. Some devs realized the importance and others didn't. I tend to support the ones that do consider player's experience in playing the game, and stay away from the ones that would force me to go in blindly clicking trying every single combination.

Reactions: abbott

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Ok, so things that need fixing:

1. Lack of stuff. I mean I took like 20 naps. At least program in an activity like him getting a job and earning money or studying something on his computer which is currently useless (Massage for the mother for instance). Put in a shop on the map, or have the computer be able to do online shopping.

2. Lack of Content. It take FOREVER to get the Sister to the point where the event in her room took place. I got all the way through the Mom's content and had to go into the second week before the Sister was in her room at night. Also a Cellphone system would be ideal if you're wanting to have contact with the Aunt on a regular basis since the Coffee Shop is there but nothing ever seems to happen.

3. Really need to ask a native english speaker to proof read of you. The broken english is really tiresome in these types of game and if you want to set yourself apart it'd be good to have a perfectly reasonable script.

4. The Supernatural thing. 1 scene. No further explanation for it in the current content. You should have just left it out for now until you actually have more than one event to happen, some sort of reference point for it existing. The coin most likely but since your computer can't do anything, you can even look the coin up. I get you're using it for a Drama Point, but for the moment your game reads as follows:

Mom's a horndog
Dad's a cheater
Sister's spoiled
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT DREAM
Aunt is covering for Dad

The end.

5. Finally, Navigation. Inside the house it's great. The map is bullshit. LABEL THE SHIT ON THE MAP CONSTANTLY. That way I don't have to mouse over the entire map to see if something unlocked.

Reactions: Qui Gon

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Ok, so things that need fixing:

1. Lack of stuff. I mean I took like 20 naps. At least program in an activity like him getting a job and earning money or studying something on his computer which is currently useless (Massage for the mother for instance). Put in a shop on the map, or have the computer be able to do online shopping.

2. Lack of Content. It take FOREVER to get the Sister to the point where the event in her room took place. I got all the way through the Mom's content and had to go into the second week before the Sister was in her room at night. Also a Cellphone system would be ideal if you're wanting to have contact with the Aunt on a regular basis since the Coffee Shop is there but nothing ever seems to happen.

3. Really need to ask a native english speaker to proof read of you. The broken english is really tiresome in these types of game and if you want to set yourself apart it'd be good to have a perfectly reasonable script.

4. The Supernatural thing. 1 scene. No further explanation for it in the current content. You should have just left it out for now until you actually have more than one event to happen, some sort of reference point for it existing. The coin most likely but since your computer can't do anything, you can even look the coin up. I get you're using it for a Drama Point, but for the moment your game reads as follows:

Mom's a horndog
Dad's a cheater
Sister's spoiled
Aunt is covering for Dad

The end.

5. Finally, Navigation. Inside the house it's great. The map is bullshit. LABEL THE SHIT ON THE MAP CONSTANTLY. That way I don't have to mouse over the entire map to see if something unlocked.
there was a second dream at the end if you got all the content, so your list should be ...

Mom's a horndog
Dad's a cheater
Sister's spoiled
Aunt is covering for Dad
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT DREAM AGAIN

Reactions: Qui Gon and 50996

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
there was a second dream at the end if you got all the content, so your list should be ...

Mom's a horndog
Dad's a cheater
Sister's spoiled
Aunt is covering for Dad
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT DREAM AGAIN
Yeah, I just quit after the Sister content thing popped up.

allenandarth

May 30, 2017
i've never played this game before, but i saw Beggar Pewdiepie in the preview, so i gotta try it

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018
The main character looks like a 30 year old. For me, this is the biggest and the only minus of the game. Vanilla sex is already tired and incest patch does not change this situation.

tigers

Apr 28, 2017
@VEGAStudio
Hey, l played your game, and I believe it has potential. But one thing i noticed is the lack of proper scenic descriptions and quality dialog. There are a lot of mistakes in the text as well.
If you dont mind partnering up with me, I can work on the dialogs and story descriptions. I am already working with a patreon developer on his game, and we communicate over email and I work on the rpy script files.
If you need someone like that lemme know.

abbott

Jun 1, 2017
Shit, that's a hell of a cover image. Cream of the crop stuff.
If nothing else, the fairly inspired designs will be a bottomless fountain of fan art.
However, I can definitely see potential there, somewhere, trying to get out.

The way I see things, the reason there's so much mud out there, and so little clear water, in terms of quality, is just a simple case of work-load. Far too many people choke on their own ambitions and abandon their projects after a certain time, simply because there's too much to do.

Calling most of these things 'games' is romanticizing the products a fair amount. Authentic quality comes from having something to say and having the self-awareness to ask one's self: "Do people really wanna hear this or do I just wanna say it?"
The sweet-spot is more often than not, found somewhere at the exact point of contact of those two notions. Think of it like...emotional edging. The cusp of freedom, in the grasp of competency. Isn't that a most erotic dance... Now, I would be remiss if I were misconstrued. An advocate of compromise, I am not. But just like diamonds, raw vision is hardly worth the prestige of disciplined polishing.

These types of things need a director, a writer, and a programmer. Most folk pushing their stuff out there, living on their chin, day-to-day, cannot possibly be all of those things, if even of them. As such, in time, the work-load gets bigger, the stress increases, and whatever motivation or creativity previously desired kind of gets smothered in the process. When a passion project becomes a chore, re-evaluation is something that's required, at the very least.

Very rarely, in life, do we truly profit without first investing; whether it be self-development, interpersonal relations, or business.
You don't give an inch, and get an inch back. That's not really how it works. And the architecture of whatever such expectations is a guarantee of its collapse. While it's never crowded when you go the extra mile, it's definitely fucking lonely.

Before I go, I'd just like to mention one thing, as the harshness of reality shouldn't be understated. Though I framed everything in the vein of a generalized warning, I did leave encouragement inside, regardless of how small it might seem or feel.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you keep up the good work, provided you keep an ear opened to what the right kind of people have to say.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request of :censored:, here is my unofficial android port of Desired Love v0.03.3.
users having problems to use the <enter> key on their virtual keyboard, can now use the <Ok> button within the input screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
update: 06.02.2019 (bugfix)

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Most of the time I complain about to much or unnecessary exposition, but here there is no introduction. With incest patch you at least know that she is your mother. Without it, a woman called Julia is cooking for you and sniffing your hair - that is next level creepy stuff.

I do like the renders and the visuals, they have a good quality...

..but the MC and his sister look way to old. Both look over 30 or at least in the later 20s.

The difference between sister and aunt isnt that much. Sure - maybe your aunt is younger than your mom (i bet she is^^) and it is possible that they are closer in age ... but not when you sister has an argument with your mother about a party ... because none of the 2 looks close to 18 yrs.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0003.png

That your mother (or that strange woman that lives in the same house and like your hair) is jumping on you like a horny nymph isnt appealing to me. There is no reason for her. The MC even noticed her behavior so there cant be some story in the past.

Then that meeting with the aunt .. wow that is so bad, that it hurts - never ever will she distract you in that situation so easy. If I would see my father (who should be on a business trip) with another woman kissing ... there would have to be a massive riot to stop me at getting to him.

In the cafe you have to make a decision before it makes sense. You have to decide to play along or not and AFTER that, your aunt is kicking you and gives you a reason for it.

All characters to that point act so unrealistic and unbelievable ...

And then we have that awful freeroam mechanic. It is 100% pointless. There is just 1 thing to do all the time. Just kick it.

The final nail in the coffin is the bad English writing. I am not a native and my english skills are lacking too, but this is really exhausting to read and you stumble over wrong sentence structure, grammar or other mistakes in almost every sentence.

With proper translation/proofreading and some rewriting this has a lot of potential, but currently it has to many flaws for me to like it.

SonnyG932

Jan 29, 2018
Does the incest patch actually work or change anything for anyone? Because he still just called her Julia and everything is pretty distant in mine. I think Julia even called him a friend.

2.90 star(s) 60 Votes