fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Maybe add a Link in the old one leading to this. would clear a lot of confusion.
The confusion is if REFINE is similar to the original WR to be considered as the same game. And if REFINE should replace the old game, and if old game with 5-8+ hours of its own original content should be removed entirely from F95 existence.
I don't think so since the two plays as different games. REFINE is more like an alternative game, like to (or Higurashi series as ex. or many other examples). They share similarities, but both are not the same product if you can play both as separate stories from each other...
Maybe it was my own mistake to call REFINE rework where it's more like the Alternative version. But I'm no expert at these terms and how to apply them correctly.

Last edited:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Consider adding the previous game as a download in this thread and delete the other thread. Keeping it in a separate thread that no one will visit or update will probably *lower* rather than increase the likelihood of them noticing your previous work.
It doesn't matter about visibility, different games shouldn't share one topic just because it will make a mess fixing or discussing the games. It's not a reskin or DLC, it's a new different story and take on the idea.

Last edited:

Jteste

Dec 7, 2019
Congratulations on the game, very cool. Do you have plans to add new women to work in the pleasure house?

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
The confusion is if REFINE is similar to the original WR to be considered as the same game. And if REFINE should replace the old game, and if old game with 5-8+ hours of its own original content should be removed entirely from F95 existence.
I don't think so since the two plays as different games. REFINE is more like an alternative game, like to (or Higurashi series as ex. or many other examples). They share similarities, but both are not the same product if you can play both as separate stories from each other...
Maybe it was my own mistake to call REFINE rework where it's more like the Alternative version. But I'm no expert at these terms and how to apply them correctly.
my point is more about having a connection visible. a lot of people are gonna be interested in what you are putting out now and when they check out Wicked Rouge(original) all they gonna see is that its abandoned and most will not check the last pages instead. So having a short sentence and link would make clear what the state of the game is and prevent a situation where somebody thinks you are copying your own work or other nonsense that just takes time and energy.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
my point is more about having a connection visible. a lot of people are gonna be interested in what you are putting out now and when they check out Wicked Rouge(original) all they gonna see is that its abandoned and most will not check the last pages instead. So having a short sentence and link would make clear what the state of the game is and prevent a situation where somebody thinks you are copying your own work or other nonsense that just takes time and energy.
Well, I could add "other games" to the description to link old game.

Last edited:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Congratulations on the game, very cool. Do you have plans to add new women to work in the pleasure house?
Yes. I reworked a lot of original code to seamlessly support up to 32 oirans. But I can't guarantee so many will be available ever. I'd like to have at least 12 active oirans in the game tho. We'll see how it'll go from reaching that point.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Just finished the new version, it is really nice in every aspect. I really liked the new visuals.
Excellent job!

I also caught a little bug. Sometimes, when I open the management panel, the rightmost pane of the girls (where it shows their stats, skills etc) isn't displayed. I can still choose a girl and assign her something though.
Sometimes it goes away with a right click and reopen, sometimes I need to go to the petal's upgrade screen and come back, and then it would work normally.

Reactions: fidless

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
It doesn't matter about visibility, different games shouldn't share one topic just because it will make a mess fixing or discussing the games. It's not a reskin or DLC, it's a new different story and take on the idea.
i kind a getting reasons why you separated these two games. but you need somehow to connect it.
at least add links to each other on both sites op (where version number and other links like patreon are). would be marketing wise - keeping fan base of old game. i found this game by accident. i remembered old version today and found it abandoned, so i read posts about it.
btw just downloaded old version to refresh memories, extract it and click game.exe and nothing is happening. any advice how to fix it?

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Fudeyo is my absolute favorite. But I bet she and many others gonna get sidelined by the 3 main girls, oh well, that's tropes at play for you.

aetiusvann

Mar 28, 2021
(review post made before playing refine btw)
Though I found this game through itch.io, this is the first game I have played that originates from f95. Wasn't too happy my 4 new starts all crashed at certain point of the game (event where theres feast and you fuck all the girls with drugged up cock)
But I still enjoyed up to that point enough to recommend it to others.

So far I don't like the new art change, but I also have firm belief that its simply because I loved the original too much, so once I get to play refine I'll prolly like this art as well, if not better since it is more detailed.

Since you seem to have goal for larger scale, along with addition of combat and rpg that mixed well with the management, was wondering if I could make a request to add more gore and female enemies, which is purely out of my own fetish. (so don't take this opinion seriously.)

Before I start I do have worry of how much tedious work it will be to manage so many girls now that theres more, so might make a request to add ways to group control, assign someone to do managing for me, and such. But for now, I think this is already considered by you and is part of the new contents, so will be having a go! thank you so much for continuous work.

------
Yep, love the new design now haha

Last edited:
Reactions: fidless

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Does this remake add new content or is it just a redesign of the old version?
Consider it an alternative version. It's all-new content.
Original never was intended to become more than a basic brothel train/serve game, but as development progressed, I added more features and designed the story, but it lacked flow and quality as expected from someone with no experience in writing. It was very disjointed in parts and lacked depth.
Also, it was very visually limited as I didn't know how to work/port with objects back then, plus didn't know how to animate scenes and had a low resolution which hide many fine details I spent time working on for the scenes and environments.
With this version, we take what made WR fun to play and changed the direction of the story to flow better and feel more professional and connected with game systems plus the story. Basically, the idea is the same, but it's a new improved game.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 39 Votes