Rakija

Jun 12, 2017
The game is shit. It actually gives diarrhea too. Fortunately, you can ignore it and play any other game for free here.
Hurray! (y)
Bro dont be salty.I really liked the first version and even wished you best on your project!I even gave you tips on how Oiran came to be and what it means to be Oiran since I lived in Kyoto for 2 years so I'm not speaking out of my ass.I didn't say the game is shit and I still have to finish this version.Only thing I noticed that I liked in first version more are more vibrant colors in general and on characters.
This game is closest to old Japan pleasure house simulator that I played and I really like so I want to see it finished.
peace !

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Bro dont be salty.I really liked the first version and even wished you best on your project!I even gave you tips on how Oiran came to be and what it means to be Oiran since I lived in Kyoto for 2 years so I'm not speaking out of my ass.I didn't say the game is shit and I still have to finish this version.Only thing I noticed that I liked in first version more are more vibrant colors in general and on characters.
This game is closest to old Japan pleasure house simulator that I played and I really like so I want to see it finished.
peace !
You missed 1/3 comments saying how bad my game is. So, it must be true. {sarcasm}
Not surprisingly why do I feel less inclined to come here and read the comments whenever a good portion just says what I do is not worth the effort.

bvxuih5_fg_1.png
bg_red_petal_987_d.png
bg_red_petal_988_d.png
bg_red_petal_996_n.png
nfdt4yu_1.png

Yes. Truly. Fat people...

Although I appreciate your comments, it wasn't directed at you. We (as all) devs have to deal with this daily. It's something an average user does not see.

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

Hi. Ran into an issue. After selling stuff in the city I came back to my office and the screen froze up. Also the first item to sell in the store still have the -/+ bug, strange thing here the second item calculation is allright ^^

I'll be fixing minor issues later. I have a long list of bugs which doesn't really hurt the game experience, but I'll fix them in one go whenever I have time.
As for transfer bugs/or training issues with rough customers, I took care of them. As well as some issues with screen flashing (mac?) etc. (probably majority of reported major bugs)
It's better to report such issues on my discord, I cannot guarantee I'll read them here.

Last edited:

Rakija

Jun 12, 2017
You missed 1/3 comments saying how bad my game is. So, it must be true. {sarcasm}
Not surprisingly why do I feel less inclined to come here and read the comments whenever a good portion just says what I do is not worth the effort.
Well that is unfortunate to hear.I noticed some people complain about need for shortcuts and how navigating menus can be better but nothing about game been bad.Personally I would never shit on something I got to play for free.I only point out what I find different than old version and what can be improved.For example coloring is a bit too strong on girls now imo.Especially blush in sexual encounters.
Nevertheless I still enjoy your game and its your decision how you should proceed with development.

Reactions: fidless

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Well that is unfortunate to hear.I noticed some people complain about need for shortcuts and how navigating menus can be better but nothing about game been bad.Personally I would never shit on something I got to play for free.I only point out what I find different than old version and what can be improved.For example coloring is a bit too strong on girls now imo.Especially blush in sexual encounters.
Nevertheless I still enjoy your game and its your decision how you should proceed with development.
As I said, it wasn't really directed at you, but rather your quote like there's 0 positives.
Criticism is ok, but sometimes it piles on too much. I should read less and take a break, that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mauze

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
As I said, it wasn't really directed at you, but rather your quote like there's 0 positives.
Criticism is ok, but sometimes it piles on too much. I should read less and take a break, that's all.
Try to take some of the comments with a grain of salt.

Think about it this way: You made a pretty good game that people fell in love with, and they want it back. that's more a testament to you being a creator: You created something that engendered enough loyalty that, aside from the shortcomings you found there, the players love enough to want back. Yes, some people are a little harsh with their comments, but that's the loyalty you got from those players. Not something everyone can do.

Also, do try to remember the games are vastly different in character appearance and the player experience. I miss Fudeyo as a blonde, not going to lie. I also liked Saka's hair pre-makeover. The trade-off, is the game is in fact more realistic, which does have a certain appeal. But that doesn't make this game 'bad'. It means I have to get used to it. Also, the MC is way more introspective. I think it adds background, but I can see where some people may cry 'too wordy'. People play games for different reasons, and this one will speak to a slightly different crowd. You knew that, or you wouldn't have re-made the game, right?

My ONLY true 'thing' with this game, is actually one I had with the first one as well: There are some conversations where there's that one... last... word... that is on its own page in conversation. I'm not sure if that's something you notice, or can even correct based on how the engine works. It might be a small QoL fixer that gets some people to be a little quieter.

Overall, it's still a great concept with a good story so far. Try to take the loyalty to iteration 1 as what it should be: A testament to what you created.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Honestly, I want to give good feedback while still comunicating how much I apreciate the quantity of work that goes into the game. I also see a lot of harsh coments that semams to forget that there are people on the other side. I can easyly see how that can blurr the line of freindly criticisim and hate. All I can say is : Hang in there Your Work is realy enjoyable and your Art is butifull. I find all the characters more relatable and feel more in toutch with them. You got this!

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017

View attachment 1600527
View attachment 1600528
View attachment 1600538
View attachment 1600531
View attachment 1600542

Although I appreciate your comments, it wasn't directed at you. We (as all) devs have to deal with this daily. It's something an average user does not see.

View attachment 1600592
View attachment 1600594

I'll be fixing minor issues later. I have a long list of bugs which doesn't really hurt the game experience, but I'll fix them in one go whenever I have time.
As for transfer bugs/or training issues with rough customers, I took care of them. As well as some issues with screen flashing (mac?) etc. (probably majority of reported major bugs)
It's better to report such issues on my discord, I cannot guarantee I'll read them here.
That last render is awesome.
BTW your second signature-is that a scene in the game?

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
That's fine and as long it's fixed sometime, that works for me.
The new pics looking nice and I look forward to the new stuff. Keep up the good work.

Rakija

Jun 12, 2017

A great video by a guy who lives in Kyoto and explains Japanese culture.This video is about Oiran and yujyo .
@ZenGarden
Honestly I liked Kono with blonde hair more also because she gave the vibe of a professional and more refined courtesan.But new one is more realistic so I understand the change.

hrmf

Sep 15, 2016
Mac version of this seems to be unplayable on the latest OS (12.1) on an intel Mac. Lots of flashing textures and stuff, even in the menu screen, and then the actual game is not visible most of the time.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I stopped playing after 3rd or 4rd update, how things are going for game since then? Honestly not having any girl except then hookers was big let down for me, we got any girls not fucking by other people like whores? Non-whore girls i mean?

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
I stopped playing after 3rd or 4rd update, how things are going for game since then? Honestly not having any girl except then hookers was big let down for me, we got any girls not fucking by other people like whores? Non-whore girls i mean?
A quick look at the dev notes should answer your question.

Atlas82

Jan 4, 2019

View attachment 1600527
View attachment 1600528
View attachment 1600538
View attachment 1600531
View attachment 1600542

View attachment 1600592
View attachment 1600594

Come on man... u r doing wonderful... just take any positive criticism out of it... ignore rest... ur is very different game from the crowd and u cant satisfy the whole lot... even God was not able to do that... u have a silent support base... feel free to share ur ideas... and enjoy urself :)

Reactions: DoYouEvenCultivate

beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
Hi, friend! I'm a newcomer to this game, and I gotta say, I absolutely love it! It was, however, a little weird to come to this thread and read through it all having no experience with the previous releases, and one thing I've noticed has been your responses to feedback from the community. I want to be clear now, I am NOT going to offer any critique or criticism myself. I would, however, like to offer you some advice, if you'll have it.

You may be familiar with the disastrous release of the game No Man's Sky, and since Internet Historian's documentary about it, you may also know about its redemption. If you don't, here's a link to his video:

I'd like to highlight a key section of the video which you may find some perspective. After the release of No Man's Sky and the overwhelmingly negative public reception of it, Mr. Sean Murray, the CEO and Lead Developer of the game, adopted a bold strategy to deal with it. 1) He stopped interacting with the public. At all. Sometimes, no press is a hellluva lot better than bad press; sometimes, so take this strategy with a grain of salt. 2) And more importantly, he took an emotionally detached approach and compiled all criticism and feedback of the game into categories: firstly into what kind of player the criticism came from, and secondly into what they were criticizing. Once he had done this, he was able to develop a gameplan of what the game eventually needs to look like and develop a hierarchy of priorities through which the team could achieve their goals.

To get to the point of what I'm trying to tell you, sometimes the experience on the internet can be rough. Especially in the experience as a content creator, audiences get impulsive and emotional, and in the age of Twitter, Tumblr, and TikTok, it's basically an expectation for the user to blurt out whatever's in the front of their mind with little care of how it affects other people. You have my sympathy, friend. Ultimately, we are left with a choice as to how we will address these things and even how we chose to feel about it. We can either continue to engage in that same emotional impulse, or we can take a moment to try to figure out what the user is actually trying to mean instead of what they are saying. Well, there's also a third option to just plain ignore it, but its uses there are situational.

To be specific, I'd like to suggest taking all the feedback you've received, copying it into a document, and literally cutting out all the extraneous words. Break it down to its core components, and you'll be left with nothing more than a request from which you can judge its validity. I completely get that its hard to take critique, especially harsh criticism on a project you're emotionally invested in and very passionate about, so perhaps it might be beneficial to you to have a friend do that for you. You could also ignore me; I'm not the cops. What am I gonna do about it?

In any rate, I'm very pleased with the game in its form now, and I'm very excited about what you have in store for us. So excited, that I decided to type out this whole block of text because I'm concerned for you. What you're developing here is just too good of a project to walk away from, and it has the potential to take this site by storm. I wish you the very best going forward, friend.

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
You can play both this REFINE and original (original also has a lot of content 5-8hours+). We took the original WR idea and improved a lot on it. Lots of NEW content for this version too (well it's all NEW). The story has a new direction, although the idea behind is somewhat the same. Hope you'll enjoy playing Wicked Rouge REFINE. We already have a lot of ideas for further updates (and they're actually in the writing enough for several updates), it'll be a blast! (y)
I'm usually nto a big fan of revamp things, but the "new" is good overall so i wecome gladly this new version. Just not convinced by the face graphic of the heroines. Someting feel off. They have "comics face", i don't really know, but the oirans are really good rendered. Big fan of the new Yura and the new fudeyo, new saka is perfect (like the ancient), just prefer the old mei story.

But the overall environement and ambiance ! <3 love it ! The old version was good, this version is even higher

As always great and verry chill game !

But why is the reason (if not personal) for making a new version and abandon the old one ?

Reactions: Yukihirou

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
I'm usually nto a big fan of revamp things, but the "new" is good overall so i wecome gladly this new version. Just not convinced by the face graphic of the heroines. Someting feel off. They have "comics face", i don't really know, but the oirans are really good rendered. Big fan of the new Yura and the new fudeyo, new saka is perfect (like the ancient), just prefer the old mei story.

But the overall environement and ambiance ! <3 love it ! The old version was good, this version is even higher

As always great and verry chill game !

But why is the reason (if not personal) for making a new version and abandon the old one ?
And sorry if the overall community message (and perhaps mine too) are tooo negative !

People tend to take the good for taken and insist only on negatives sides.
Sometime because they really like the game and want it to be perfect. But forgot than it's also a human behind!

Love the game and positive tough in general except for the 2 negatives sides i found, and negative in my subjectiv point of view

Thanks for the game
and wish you good futur for the project

Reactions: beh123234

MataHariX

Nov 12, 2018
Mac version of this seems to be unplayable on the latest OS (12.1) on an intel Mac. Lots of flashing textures and stuff, even in the menu screen, and then the actual game is not visible most of the time.
I have the same problem with MacOS 11.6.2, the menu is mainly unresponsive since not all buttons work.
Upon launching the game the background of the splash screen is flickering as hell. This is all there is to admire. Not much else :cry:.
The only buttons that work as they should are the 'Credits', the 'Gallery' and the 'Quit' buttons.
Click the 'Options' button and you are presented an options menu which allows you to activate the anti-epilepsy mode.
This should be the first thing to do. Afterwards one can fool around clicking some options but no avail, Thy shall not be able to play o_O ! the menu is frozen and dead.

If I shouldn't have played the game a few years ago, I would not have bothered, but in those days it was a very promising game. A bit unpolished but nothing that could not have been smoothed out.
Since those days the Mac version deteriorated more with each update to become what it is now. It is really a pity.

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes