May 6, 2017
So I guess this update is a lousy move for everyone who wants to avoid making oiran work as prostitutes, as the two new events for both Saka and Yura in this update (V.0.3.1) require both of them to have served a client otherwise they don't Can we have sex with them or access said event?

In short, I hope that this does not mean that those who do not put the oiran to work serving clients are going to have fewer sexual scenes with these characters, since if so, it is a low score for all those who had promised us equal content for dev part.

Reactions: preskerd

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
So I guess this update is a lousy move for everyone who wants to avoid making oiran work as prostitutes, as the two new events for both Saka and Yura in this update (V.0.3.1) require both of them to have served a client otherwise they don't Can we have sex with them or access said event?

In short, I hope that this does not mean that those who do not put the oiran to work serving clients are going to have fewer sexual scenes with these characters, since if so, it is a low score for all those who had promised us equal content for dev part.
No such promises were made. Oirans are your employees, their purpose is to work and generate money. You can disable them from working, but I never ever said I'll guarantee the same amount of harem content for them. You asking to make double content. There will be story scenes with them mc+oirans not related to work, but I'm not replacing "working oiran" parts/events with an equal amount of the "harem". That's not their purpose. There'll be enough events to avoid " whoring" and still enjoy their company, it just some content won't be available if you choose to ignore the game's themes and mechanics. Those events are designed to contribute to their progression as Oirans. And dialogues highlight that progression. It's your choice how you want to approach the game, but as the game's theme is the management of The Red Petal, it'll be hard to succeed with a non-functional establishment.

All I did was to offer a choice to NOT force them to work.

And I did that because I understand some people may not like it, but the majority of the game is still appealing for its content, and maybe some find some oirans attractive and they rather avoid some content that includes them. I found it reasonable.

And here's my reward for listening to the opinions to make it optional. Treats to score the game low even tho I highlighted this in my second comment below OP.

But it's all good. I just wanted to explain the ideas.

If you're looking for a true harem, romance heroines instead. :)

Refer to the purpose of oirans or what kind of content to expect.
https://f95zone.to/threads/wicked-rouge-refine-v0-3-1-public-fidless.102703/post-7161439

Last edited:
May 6, 2017
There will be story scenes with them mc+oirans not related to work, but I'm not replacing "working oiran" parts/events with an equal amount of the "harem". That's not their purpose. There'll be enough events to avoid " whoring" and still enjoy their company, it just some content won't be available

All I did was to offer a choice to NOT force them to work.

And I did that because I understand some people may not like it, but majority of the game is still appealing for its content, and maybe some find some oirans attractive and they rather avoid some content.
What you are saying is true, you did not promise us the same amount of content, but in short, it is true that those who do not want to put the Oiran to work serving clients will always find themselves with less sex content with them, that You have just confirmed it, we will have events between the Oirans with the MC but always to a much lesser extent than the content they receive for working and that is something that you never made clear in the OP.

That means that if any player says not to put Yura to work (because they like the model or her personality), they have to wait until there is some progress in the story to be able to see or have some event alone with her and the MC, as well as having sex with her, otherwise that character falls into oblivion, being the only form of interaction between the MC and them to constantly repeat the sexual training, even having reached the maximum degree in each category.

and since we are talking about the events between the MC and the Oirans, it always amuses me how in the old game it is how the MC always has less hardcore sex or sex penetrations with them, compared to the ones they have with clients. They could be double penetrated, have orgies and be gangbanged, have anal sex with them, but when he played an event with the mc, he always received a handjob or blowjob meh, that's why I expected more content with them in this rework or remake, but sadly we won't have it.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
What you are saying is true, you did not promise us the same amount of content, but in short, it is true that those who do not want to put the Oiran to work serving clients will always find themselves with less sex content with them, that You have just confirmed it, we will have events between the Oirans with the MC but always to a much lesser extent than the content they receive for working and that is something that you never made clear in the OP.

That means that if any player says not to put Yura to work (because they like the model or her personality), they have to wait until there is some progress in the story to be able to see or have some event alone with her and the MC, as well as having sex with her, otherwise that character falls into oblivion, being the only form of interaction between the MC and them to constantly repeat the sexual training, even having reached the maximum degree in each category.

and since we are talking about the events between the MC and the Oirans, it always amuses me how in the old game it is how the MC always has less hardcore sex or sex penetrations with them, compared to the ones they have with clients. They could be double penetrated, have orgies and be gangbanged, have anal sex with them, but when he played an event with the mc, he always received a handjob or blowjob meh, that's why I expected more content with them in this rework or remake, but sadly we won't have it.
It's a game themed around (fictional) edo period red lantern districts and you're referring to oirans whose job is to serve customers with sexual services.
As I mentioned, they're oirans.
For the purpose of "harem", main heroines exist.
Schemer, secretary and samurai girl.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I start the game but there is nothing to load, why?
Sorry if this was asked already.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
lol.. damn, thats too bad. Had such a captivating look and features in the original, and all from the one image alone too. Im more annoyed than I should be lol. I havent even played it yet.

Ill pick this game up eventually regardless.
I loved so much the old characters' design and I admit tha at first I was a bit doubtful abut the Refine, but after playing it I realized that also the new design is good and it is true that the Refine version is more complaint whit the historical beckground of the perdiod the game takes place, so I suggest you to give a try at it. Also, the models are basically the same of the old game (I mean, they keep same traits and parameters, but probably done in HS2 than previous HS, but not 100% sure of it), just some changes in hairstyle and colors for both hairs and eyes to better match the Edo Period (at least I assume the game takes place in this historical period)

Reactions: ZenGarden

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
the changelog do not say anythink about story so no new story ? if that the casse i will wait for later update
No story progress, but shops and shrine have been added. There are some events (both lewd and not lewd) but no pregress in the main story

zandalari

May 4, 2019
HEY DEV IF I SKIP THE POINT OF THIS GAME CAN I HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF CONTENT??????
Shit man, let's think long and hard about this one. Call some professors, get together a conference, maybe rent a few supercomputers to model our options.

Do you want to try demanding the devs of Doom make an entirely new game mode solely about dating Doomguy? I hate adventure, guns, violence and fun, but like his model and personality and think that should be a worthy focus instead of what they have going on now. After all, it's not fair that people who don't like shooting get less content.

Kessekek

Nov 23, 2021
My only issue with this Refine edition is that it'll take a long time to reach a similar amount of content as there was in the old game. Have you considered using some of the old scenes in this version and just updating them over time?

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
Hey I get an alert for a missing library in the Linux version. libnss3.so is the name of the missing file. Have you tested the Linux version? I´m still learning about Linux stuff but I already know that most errors only happen because of the different distros.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
I've changed the name of the Protagonist, but still often get called Yaichi. Not sure if it is like that the whole game, but in the first 10mins, I've been called Yaichi multiple times.
I don't know if it's intentional or not, because I have no clue if that name has a meaning.

Same here.

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes