fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I have the same problem with MacOS 11.6.2, the menu is mainly unresponsive since not all buttons work.
Upon launching the game the background of the splash screen is flickering as hell. This is all there is to admire. Not much else :cry:.
The only buttons that work as they should are the 'Credits', the 'Gallery' and the 'Quit' buttons.
Click the 'Options' button and you are presented an options menu which allows you to activate the anti-epilepsy mode.
This should be the first thing to do. Afterwards one can fool around clicking some options but no avail, Thy shall not be able to play o_O ! the menu is frozen and dead.

If I shouldn't have played the game a few years ago, I would not have bothered, but in those days it was a very promising game. A bit unpolished but nothing that could not have been smoothed out.
Since those days the Mac version deteriorated more with each update to become what it is now. It is really a pity.
That's because I have no way to test mac and have no idea how applications are working there, and most of the time people report issues but are unresponsive when asked to test if it works now. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy a mac just to test the game, so I have to port blindly hoping it'll work with no concrete testing.

I'm using the old way of porting the mac version now.

You can try (follow dev notes on how to play on a mac if you have problems).
If it works, then the newer versions (v0.3.x and higher) will work too.

And I'll be thankful if you report the results.

Last edited:

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
That's because I have no way to test mac and have no idea how applications are working there, and most of the time people report issues but are unresponsive when asked to test if it works now. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to buy a mac just to test the game, so I have to port blindly hoping it'll work with no concrete testing.

I'm using the old way of porting the mac version now, but still unsure if it'll work. v0.1.x did work on mac for some people, I added an updated run file WR\Game.app\Contents\MacOS\"Game" for future versions.

You can try v0.1.4 (follow dev notes on how to play on a mac if you have problems).
If it works, then the newer versions (v0.3.x and higher) will work too.

And I'll be thankful if you report the results.
Using Mac Monterey v. 12.1 & v0.1.4 is working for me (no crazy flashing screen!!). I did move it to the Applications folder, not because I couldn't open the game from a different folder, but because there's a permissions issue that comes up when trying to close the menu when opening the game from a different folder. I also get a popup when opening the game saying I'm using a newer version of nwjs so it won't use my profile or something like that, but I just clicked the window closed (a few times) and it worked finne.

Reactions: fidless

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Is this girl still in the game with this look?
Untitled.jpg
I ask because it was the old banner for the original version of the game that caught my eye, mainly due to her. So I put the game in my backlog of games to play. Unfortunately I was playing in alphabetical order and "W" is nearly last place lol. Now that I have nearly caught up, I see this game got a remake as REFINE and some comments about are about new/changed girls and designs.

Has this girl been changed? Still there? Yellow eyes, etc? I dont see her in the sample images in the main post.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
View attachment 1635366
I ask because it was the old banner for the original version of the game that caught my eye, mainly due to her. So I put the game in my backlog of games to play. Unfortunately I was playing in alphabetical order and "W" is nearly last place lol. Now that I have nearly caught up, I see this game got a remake as REFINE and some comments about are about new/changed girls and designs.

Has this girl been changed? Still there? Yellow eyes, etc? I dont see her in the sample images in the main post.
She has a new look now

• Sad
Reactions: sbkblr69

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
View attachment 1635366

You can still get the original: Wicked Rouge
More then enough content there to keep you busy for awhile.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
She has a new look now
lol.. damn, thats too bad. Had such a captivating look and features in the original, and all from the one image alone too. Im more annoyed than I should be lol. I havent even played it yet.

Ill pick this game up eventually regardless.

Reactions: Zythnel

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
What does this mean?

"AFTER THE UPDATE, LOAD A SAVEGAME MADE INSIDE YOUR OFFICE ONLY AND NOT DURING ACTIVE EVENTS!"

There is no "update" as far as I can see. It's a new version.

I can't load a saved game until I advance and get inside my office? I have to do the prologue all over AGAIN?

SkepSyS

Oct 2, 2020
I played the original... now does it add up to that content (I mean from the end of that game) or it's a plot twist from that?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I played the original... now does it add up to that content (I mean from the end of that game) or it's a plot twist from that?
It's a reboot.
Starting from the beginning with the same basic story, but some of the details have changed a little.
It'll be a bit before the amount of content catches up to the original.

stoicism

Dec 20, 2019
I'm personally waiting until the story is caught up more to the original to play.
With the update from today, how far along are we, compared?

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Just one thing can you make the text instant. Fast is not fast enough and dialogues are a reasonable length. I get headaches from scrolling text. Thanks in advance.
I enjoyed the original and are looking forward to this version.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
What does this mean?

"AFTER THE UPDATE, LOAD A SAVEGAME MADE INSIDE YOUR OFFICE ONLY AND NOT DURING ACTIVE EVENTS!"

There is no "update" as far as I can see. It's a new version.

I can't load a saved game until I advance and get inside my office? I have to do the prologue all over AGAIN?
The new version IS a new update.

BronBron06

Sep 6, 2019
That was a short update, but things are getting expanded
But finally all the stores from the old game is now accessible.
My income is shit when girls are upgraded. I hope there are ways to increase them more.

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
the changelog do not say anythink about story so no new story ? if that the casse i will wait for later update

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes