fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
It could kind of be both, so I think it's an intentional play on words.

It's a makeup commonly oirans and geishas would use back in the days.

TDiz6DR.jpg

The pigments for rouge were made primarily from safflowers, and applied to the lips, cheeks, and fingernails. Like face powder, a light application was regarded as a display of refinement and sensitivity. In the late Edo period, however, there was a trend that leaned towards heavier application of lipstick – pigments that came from fresh safflowers became so expensive it was said to be worth its weight in gold.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
Would be cool, if you could upgrade the clothes of your oirans. Dunno 2-3 outfits with statboosts because they are made of better quality. I know its a lot to ask, because the renderwork. As far I remember the lady Dr cames to visit and check up your ladys in the previous version. Will this come back, I liked that detail?

tricksyg

Sep 26, 2019
First off, great work, keep it up! I'm very excited to see where this goes! (The reviews complaining about the writing are seriously braindead, ignore them).

There are a two minor things I'd very much like to see implemented, so here are the suggestions:
  1. During night service, I want to see the girls personality & body types in their little info-screens. I always forget who's got what types.
  2. Once girls are at 100% in a sexual skill, the text when they service a customer becomes extremely frigid and not at all sexy. You are being punished for having good oiran. What I'd really like to see is even more graphic and intense descriptions, and with more variations - this way, you're being rewarded for having played the game. Not the opposite.
Thanks for coming to my ted-talk.

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
You can play both this REFINE and original (original also has a lot of content 5-8hours+). We took the original WR idea and improved a lot on it. Lots of NEW content for this version too (well it's all NEW). The story has a new direction, although the idea behind is somewhat the same. Hope you'll enjoy playing Wicked Rouge REFINE. We already have a lot of ideas for further updates (and they're actually in the writing enough for several updates), it'll be a blast! (y)
May I ask what was the reasoning behind the abandonment of the original? I haven't played this one yet but I'm curious as to why the switch. Was it because people didn't want to use the main girls as prostitutes? A desire to preserve the original while making changes to the story?

diablo8x

Feb 3, 2018
I downloaded this version after a long time playing the original, and I am kinda unsure what to do after the intro finished, I am in the office, have no quest, or hint at what to do next ... I repaired the establishment, but there not sure what to do from there?

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I think there is a balance issue. I attempted the rescue of the girl from the pleasure house. First time made it to the final battle and, unfortunately, got defeated (man has a ton of health). Bought more healing and tried again and this time the level of combatants faced was higher and there were more of them and the last combat before the final battle had more waves of enemies too. Is this a random generated combat? Seems rather difficult for the first quest.

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
I think there is a balance issue. I attempted the rescue of the girl from the pleasure house. First time made it to the final battle and, unfortunately, got defeated (man has a ton of health). Bought more healing and tried again and this time the level of combatants faced was higher and there were more of them and the last combat before the final battle had more waves of enemies too. Is this a random generated combat? Seems rather difficult for the first quest.
Really? I found that part well balanced.

I did save-scum a bit during that part, but only because I didn't use any items besides a few apples between combat. If I had used items or, better yet, bought a couple of armor/weapon attachments at the blacksmith which aren't too expensive, I definitely wouldn't have had to save-scum at all. There's all sorts of items that can be used in combat too which are really strong, like the potion that gives +attack for example and are instant-use.

What I didn't find balanced is the girls working at the brothel. They're useless until they're practically maxed lol.

beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
First off, great work, keep it up! I'm very excited to see where this goes! (The reviews complaining about the writing are seriously braindead, ignore them).

There are a two minor things I'd very much like to see implemented, so here are the suggestions:
  1. During night service, I want to see the girls personality & body types in their little info-screens. I always forget who's got what types.
  2. Once girls are at 100% in a sexual skill, the text when they service a customer becomes extremely frigid and not at all sexy. You are being punished for having good oiran. What I'd really like to see is even more graphic and intense descriptions, and with more variations - this way, you're being rewarded for having played the game. Not the opposite.
Thanks for coming to my ted-talk.
Another suggestion I have for implementation is in the office screen, if there's a little indicator on the oiran cards to show what their current assignment is. With all the micro-management and upgrades the player needs to do, going back and forth in between scenes, it can be helpful to see at just a glance what the oirans are doing in case we forget to re-arrange them.

ElTioPaco

Apr 8, 2018
I played all the content of the original game at the time, and now I have tried this one, it has many good things and good potential, I also miss things from the previous one, many things, some may be fixed over time, others I don't think so.

Good things:

-Otsu
-More Oirans
-Combat support class
-A much more worked and careful story
-Animations

Things I miss:

-The big amount of content that was in the other game.
-Stance combat model.
-The blonde Fudeyo (new look is good, but isnt Fudeyo)
-The old Kisayo (she was always cold but the new Kisayo displeases me, the old one seemed like the only thing that mattered to her was the MC, The new one seems like she's more interested in being with the MC than the MC himself.)
-The dance job (I never whored **better not spoiler(the 4º Original Oiran)** in the original but she earned her salary dancing, now she can't, when she will become Orian it will either be an expense or she will have to take clients, in the previous game it was solved by having her dancing)
-In the previous game the feeling that the Oirans even if belonged to you, were at the same level of romantic interest as Kisayo and Nekomi regarding the MC. In this game it seems that we will have to choose between Kisayo/Nekomi/Otsu, and that Saka/Yura/Fudeyo/Oirans are just toys for the MC.

But overall I really like the game, as much as the original, and it has more potential.

PD: Truly, i dont want whoring **better not spoiler**, but, i dont want she cant gain money. :s

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Really? I found that part well balanced.

I did save-scum a bit during that part, but only because I didn't use any items besides a few apples between combat. If I had used items or, better yet, bought a couple of armor/weapon attachments at the blacksmith which aren't too expensive, I definitely wouldn't have had to save-scum at all. There's all sorts of items that can be used in combat too which are really strong, like the potion that gives +attack for example and are instant-use.

What I didn't find balanced is the girls working at the brothel. They're useless until they're practically maxed lol.
Oh, I didn't know you could save while you were in the map during that mission. I did make it through in one shot , though it was with some RNG luck. Just wondering if the enemies were randomly generated and could be a lot higher than your party.

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Is it normal that they say [1] instead of your name or do I have a bug?

dave888

Jul 19, 2018
copied the save files from 3.1 and i don't get an option to load

Edit: Seems like i cant load from 3.1 either

Fix: My save file was missing autosave and global .rpgsave

Last edited:

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
I was making improvements to the rooms and suddenly I was left in this image? What I can do? I didn't save a while ago: S I don't want to go back.
1649396142851.png

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
The entertainment room upgrade past 30% in bugged and you just have to do it all over again.
I was about to report that.

I already reached the end of the content, a pity that there was no content with the love interests...

1649411350694.png

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I was about to report that.

I already reached the end of the content, a pity that there was no content with the love interests...

View attachment 1746164
There'll be in the next update. ;)

Remember to upgrade equipment using the "items" menu with upgrades you find down the road. Encounters are random and enemy levels deviate by 1-3, but it shouldn't be overly complicated. For quests, 3-4 mid-price healing items should be enough as you heal after combat and enemies drop food/drinks too.

diablo8x

Feb 3, 2018
Hi as I said in my previous post, I picked up the game again after some time - last played the original. I Would also suggest to work on the transition from the intro to the regular game, as, the text I given implied I need to do some kind of action on day 1 but all I really needed to do was en the day to continue the story ... also there is a bit of a disconnect between the game play and the story at the beginning as you start training and serving customers in day 1 while the story implies you did not even open yet ...

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes