j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
I love this game and it deserves a lot more attention than it gets, but at the same time, I really mourn all the things that were cut from the first version, the special customer events, the trainings etc.

I like the story focus, but REFINE feels a bit watered down in many of the areas that made the original unique.
oh really havent played original maybe i shouldnt then if its that much cut out

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
So, I've been playing this game, and well, color me surprised, it is actually pretty good.

However, despite more ways to make money coming in at some point, I find it extremely difficult money wise.
I've got the girls on steal mode, and they are reasonably trained.

It seems like the mercenaries meant as a protection, are borderline useless. I've purposely held back on doing any quests, thinking it would avoid the attacks in the brothel, and upgraded the dojo once. Despite that, they're still virtually useless, gets killed a lot, and don't seem to defend fuck all (ie: they're constantly loosing). Considering their daily cost of the mercenaries, keeping a sizeable amount of them around, is both extremely expansive, difficult since the amount you can grab varies and seem to be random every day.

It seems that neither having them, or not, is a valid tactic at the moment, and will eventually lead to what seems to be an ever increasing debt building up.

I've tried to have several ( 6 or so ), but eventually, they died, I was unable to get more quickly enough (none available to be bought), the daily costs of them stopped me from building a decent money reserve, and once the building got damaged twice in a row, it was no longer possible to repair it due to the cost, which punishes the player even more, as it also decrease the money you'll be making.

What I do not understand, is the need for mercenaries "around the beginning"; we have mad dog & his daughter, the fighting boobs, and the MC, all extremely proficient with weapons. Can't they provide security until "X point in the story"? It would certainly help a bit in the beginning, and would make a lot more sense storywise also.

At the moment, what is really making it difficult, is the daily costs, which are seemingly impossible to meet rather quickly. I'm probably missing something somewhere on the gameplay to generate more cash or something, but as it stands, I am falling into debts very quickly, despite having girls servicing clients (all 3 of them) often enough.

This leads to being incapable of buying gears for the fights, which on my first playthrough, have been extremely difficult for most of them, due to the lack of gear and upgrades.

The other issue I've got, is with the repairs. You've got to pay all of it in one go. It would be a lot better, if we could pay chunks of it as well, which would allow the player to avoid the overly excessive penalty when it reaches 0 after only two attacks.

My suggestions would be as follow:

1- Until a certain story event, either attacks on the brother do not happen at all, or the "brothel's present fighters can deter the attackers."

2- Once Mercenaries gets 'needed', to make their daily costs lower, and their life expectancy higher. I mean, loosing three mercenaries to unarmed naked men, simply makes no sense at all. All attacks are deadly apparently, while the attackers can be a bit rough, an injured for X days option, would make a lot more sense for some attacks.

3- The girls, should not cost as much every day. Considering the situation, and everyone's dedication, since they're all living there and eating there, having a salary while we're struggling to remain open, and considering the story, does not make much sense either. The girls should only start thinking about salaries, once the situation is a bit better, especially since their "need" for money, would only go toward luxury items (as they live and eat there at no cost.) As it stand storywise, we're on the border of closing down, and every girls is about to be homeless and starving in the streets. I certainly don't think they'd be too worried or preoccupied about getting anything other than the bare necessities they're already provided with.

4- Upgrades should be locked in to story/progression/events. As it stands, one could easily upgrade something they're not going to need, or would cost too much vs the benefits (at their growth point.) Ex: in my first play though, I got the onsen very early on, which seemed to serve virtually no purpose and bring no benefit for a pretty long time. At the very least, some upgrades, and their orders, should be "suggested", especially for new players. Right now, there seems to be no way to know which upgrade will actually benefit you depending on which state the brothel is.

5- "hard customers" should bring in a sizeable bonus, especially if the girls gets too tired/fail. Try "damaging" a girl in a brothel (being too rough etc.), see what happens then. If anything, the customer would be "encouraged" to provide compensation. At the moment, if we know someone's into the rough stuff, or is sick, serving them, should bring in some bonus, otherwise there's simply no reason to serve them, knowing full well your girl will only be available once more, if you're lucky, in the night. This is especially true for "sick people". Since your girl will be unavailable to anything for a certain amount of days after to recover, why would you even try to serve them, since they're not worth the amount of time the girl will be off for?
for me i upgraded n got dojo the merc once they died i didnt buy them cuz cost too much im barely scraping by so i just reload game if i get attacked so i dont need mercs i only upgraded cuz the samuri girl wanted a dojo and thats basically how im dealing with attacks atm which is totally ok with me i feel like i over trained my girls cuz there upkeep went up and now i dont really make profits too well maybe a couple hundred every so often, mostly i make profit cuz i steal its my main income but its ok i like the game been playing it for hella hours

Last edited:

22ndgentlemen

Apr 11, 2022
Started a new game in v7.4

On the first day, the first customer caused Fudeyo to not be prepared for the job and lost all of her energy and health. Just bad luck I suppose, but are there things we can do to lessen the chances of this happening in the future?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Started a new game in v7.4

On the first day, the first customer caused Fudeyo to not be prepared for the job and lost all of her energy and health. Just bad luck I suppose, but are there things we can do to lessen the chances of this happening in the future?
Avoid sick customers until you max your hot spring.
Avoid rough customers until you max serving girl's " masochist " talent.

for me i upgraded n got dojo the merc once they died i didnt buy them cuz cost too much im barely scraping by so i just reload game if i get attacked so i dont need mercs i only upgraded cuz the samuri girl wanted a dojo and thats basically how im dealing with attacks atm which is totally ok with me i feel like i over trained my girls cuz there upkeep went up and now i dont really make profits too well maybe a couple hundred every so often, mostly i make profit cuz i steal its my main income but its ok i like the game been playing it for hella hours
Invest into entertainment rooms and stage. Buy some upgrades to increase profits and reputation. You'll be getting a couple of thousands extra in profit just from them in no time. Don't forget to buy food/drinks to keep the entertainment rooms active.

oh really havent played original maybe i shouldnt then if its that much cut out
Both are different games. Refine is more focused on the main story and its progression.

Last edited:

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I hesitated to ask if you were planning a whole new different kind of gameplay with that skill :D
I could see a machinist being needed if some "tools" had some "automated functions"... some "training tools" for the girls maybe...? :D
Nothing of that sort is planned. On day 30-60 you can just send girls to reserve and earn from passive income that entertainment rooms/stage/guests rooms generates 2-5k every day just skipping days.

22ndgentlemen

Apr 11, 2022
Nothing of that sort is planned. On day 30-60 you can just send girls to reserve and earn from passive income that entertainment rooms/stage/guests rooms generates 2-5k every day just skipping days.
Well I guess my new game will diversify into the entertainment rooms. My earlier save where I was struggling horribly focused solely on the oirans and their performance

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
fidless Can you maybe in a future version add under helpfull Tipps, what exactly each parameter is doing?
Because I played so long, I need to speculate what each is doing. While it may be working for Power, Defense and Quickness, Focus is only letting you guess.

Reactions: lilinus

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022

Invest into entertainment rooms and stage. Buy some upgrades to increase profits and reputation. You'll be getting a couple of thousands extra in profit just from them in no time. Don't forget to buy food/drinks to keep the entertainment rooms active.

Both are different games. Refine is more focused on the main story and its progression.
u were

sweet. im makin hella G's now $$$$$$

Strange_Hum

Mar 11, 2021
A surprisingly complex and multifaceted game. Especially for XXX games...
but what about supporting languages other than English?

Last edited:

22ndgentlemen

Apr 11, 2022
fidless

I think I encountered some kinda bug on v0.7.4 public for Windows

Behavior I noticed: After taking Fudeyo off Auto-rest before she was max energy, 51/53, I could not get Fudeyo to work as a Oiran again until she was fully rested manually. I can get her to do other things like study general subjects, but working as an Oiran again requires full energy, unknown about health as she was not sick at the time. The lobby is still the original lobby so only 2 can work as oiran at any time but that is all I was using, the other 2 were general studying so space was not the issue.

From my understanding of how auto-rest works, it should prevent the Oiran from working if their health or energy or both fall below 50%. I feel that you should be able to take off auto-rest to do something else before 100% health and energy. If this is not the case, then I am misunderstanding how this mechanic works because I thought it was a protection to prevent exhaustion due to inattentiveness from the player.

I attached my save for context and investigative purposes.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I can't seem to purchase the comb in improvements. It says continue the story first. but my story is completed for now. Did I miss something?

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I can't seem to purchase the comb in improvements. It says continue the story first. but my story is completed for now. Did I miss something?
No that whas already in last version for many more improvements. Those are still remniscents of the original version that need to still get to the point where the refine version catch up.

Reactions: Paitryn

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
No that whas already in last version for many more improvements. Those are still remniscents of the original version that need to still get to the point where the refine version catch up.
You’re right that there was a specific point in the previous game where this was true. However this was brought up on the discord and seems shouldn’t be the case in this one.

I would bet this will be available in the next release

sbkblr69

Oct 10, 2021
after reading last 2 page.. i seen some comments like maids 100% efficiency. but if you done sweeping upgrade then you need only 50% maid efficiency to get 100% output. also the sick customer max pond give 75% protection (was it really give 100% protection ) or there is a 25% chance to get sick ?

Shanni

Jul 6, 2019
hey fidless

I played the new version of the game (0.7.4) and had a lot of fun, thank you for the amazing update.

Here are the things that stuck out to me:

-When you train the girls (e.g. in pleasure) you sometimes get a footjob picture and the text says something about a boobjob. It would be nice if picture and text would align.

- After getting the hot springs with the +25 % of not getting sick none of my girls are ever getting sick again from customers. Either I'm insanly lucky or the math doesn't add up? On a different note - why are so many nobility/samurai customers sick? Usually, the wealthier people are the better their health condition at that time. Mabye reduce the chance that they are sick but make it more likely to infect the girls?

- During Night Service Time you see the preferences of the customers (e.g. prefers 'Petite Body') but you have to cumbersomely check the talents of the girls with the extra button instead of seeing their traits in the window when you hover with your mouse over their portrait. Would be a nice quality of life improvement if you could check it directly.

-With how the mechanic currently works, hiring mercenaries to protect your property is pretty much useless and currently the encounters are very unbalanced. Safe your game before starting the night time events and reload if you have a bad encounter... Perhaps introduce a variable that makes vandalism/bad events more and more likely over time so that people cant just reload and reload all the time to avoid them. In addition you basically need at least 5 mercenaries and a fully upgraded dojo to fend them off which could seriously hamper you in the early stages of the game so a more progressive approach might do the trick as your establishment becomes more famous.

- Love the Satsuki event but it's quite unrealistic to turn her into an obediant little slut in just one encounter. Giving her to Kisayo for 2-4 weeks of 'education' would make much more sense and with this far in the story you can easily manage without the additional Oiran for some time. In general, it seems that if there is a story event available you see one every day - while this is great, it results in quite dense story blocks and then times where you just manage the Red Petal without anything else happening around. I think noone would complain if you get one event every 2-4 days and you have time to develop your establishment in between.

- Like I suggested in a previous post and some other people already noted in this thread, it would be nice to get some info on the combat stats so you can better plan and select the items for your party.

- When you get the event that restores all HP and Energy for all the girls and one is currently on auto-rest and should rest because she has one stat below 50 % but would normally works as an Oiran she rests instead of working.

- If you rename the MC you still run into 'Yaichi' every now and then.

- I'm quite annoyed by the changing doulbe buff in the office next to the MC. Perhaps you can remove it as it has no additional function in this screen or display both permanently? (Normaly a blinking/changing icon should attract attention.)

-I don't know if there is anything planned, but with the amount of Oirans you get, it would be nice if one could again perform on the stage.

- Would be nice if you could donate to the shrine and as a result reduce bad events/ increase good events for a few days.

Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to the next update.

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes