chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
same here .. combats is why i play this.. i have restarted it with out cheat found that it is bit difficult at 150-180 days but once you full spirituality and choose specific talent to increase house reputation and when i hit famous ..game is broken.. you can get 25k-30k per day night job .. nothing build now money is growing no option to spent

dev is keeps on forget about that 2 girls (or 3) from temple or shrine every update :(
Actuallt he forgot a lot stuff, only 3 quests and from the abandon one there would've been 10+ and much more content. I mean if he gonna redo the game with better graphics atleast make it same game don't cut out half of the stuff especially fights.

• Sad
Reactions: BanditoMarito

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Actuallt he forgot a lot stuff, only 3 quests and from the abandon one there would've been 10+ and much more content. I mean if he gonna redo the game with better graphics atleast make it same game don't cut out half of the stuff especially fights.
Love the exaggeration of "half the content".
Refine already surpassed the original game with new story content by a large margin.

But yeah, keep delusions going if that makes you happier.

This game is not intended for unlimited grinding without making it too easy. I can add a hard limit to stop the game and block the option to continue after the story content reach an end to avoid acquiring too many coins if that's what everyone wants.

there would've been 10+ and much more content.
Delusions.

I can add a button to throw you into random fight sequences for 1 hour. If I add 10 buttons, that would make x10 more content, right?

only 3 quests
If I superficially make 50+ quest logs, that wouldn't mean the game has 50 more content.

The main reason why the original game had more quest log entries, was because the story was cut and activated by visiting characters in their rooms more often and I needed to tell the player (go to room A and press on character).

There's no need for that in Refine as the game flows naturally while playing and new events plays during day transitions.

That doesn't mean we stopped making content.

Every new chapter adds to the story.

Last edited:

sbkblr69

Oct 10, 2021
This game is not intended for unlimited grinding without making it too easy. I can add a hard limit to stop the game and block the option to continue after the story content reach an end to avoid acquiring too many coins if that's what everyone wants.
.. original version there must be a task to rebuild the house in a time line which is fun that missing here. also the woman who take MC's father debits will ask to pay money within time interval (example pay 50k in 1 months )

Reactions: chicho1958

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Refine already surpassed the original game with new story content by a large margin.
I believe you meant to direct that comment to me since I said it first.
I probably sounded harsh with my critique. I do not mean to offend.
By "half the content" I meant that the refine version simply does not have a significant amount of things that were available in the first version (which I enjoyed immensely).
I liked the combat map where you try to take over the city areas. I am sure you will add something similar in future versions but it isnt there yet.
I preferred the older story content too. In particular, Fudeyo choosing not to kill her brother. It adds to her character; her mystique. The newer version just blunt murders him. It takes away from the MC's character.
There are a few other areas I could mention.

Again, maybe I was too blunt in my criticism. (I didnt choose to leave a negative review)
I, along with a few others, have a higher opinion of the original version because it seems like there was a little better storytelling than the refine version.
It should be flattering that we appreciate the effort that you put into the original.

I understand that this remake is your baby but it does feel slightly more generic than the original.
It doesnt feel up to the high bar you already set (so far)

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
By "half the content" I meant that the refine version simply does not have a significant amount of things that were available in the first version (which I enjoyed immensely).
I liked the combat map where you try to take over the city areas. I am sure you will add something similar in future versions but it isnt there yet.
I preferred the older story content too. In particular, Fudeyo choosing not to kill her brother. It adds to her character; her mystique. The newer version just blunt murders him. It takes away from the MC's character.

Again, maybe I was too blunt in my criticism. (I didnt choose to leave a negative review)
I, along with a few others, have a higher opinion of the original version because it seems like there was a little better storytelling than the refine version.
It should be flattering that we appreciate the effort that you put into the original.

I understand that this remake is your baby but it does feel slightly more generic than the original.
And mei she could work, assigning girls to dance pole,the special quests with certain girls and much more fighting, how we suppose to lvl if we don't have that many fights, even thou that doesn't bother me so much because I buffed my stats and I 1hit kill anything but for those that don't cheat. Not saying the game ain't good becaue it is, yeah saw that part with fudeyo brother was waiting for that choice I didn't want to kill him. And that city map gave people more fights and was fun and stealing stuff from them, garden scenes, hot spring scenes,temple scenes. I don't know about the scenes when you train the girls since I cheated there you used to get a scene when they lvled don't know how it goes now.

Reactions: caju

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
Refine has a much better story version than the abandoned one, Refine does a good job of why the MC is willing to protect the establishment and the oirans something that the abandoned version didn't really have. In term of narrative this is way better but I understand that some people feel there is a lack of content compared to the old version. I guess the only thing that I possible miss from the old one is being able to make "dates" between certain customers and the oirans, mostly because well this IS a brothel management game and we don't have animated scenes involving this aspect yet in the game. I trust the Dev to make a good game both in narrative and gameplay wise. Can't wait to see the full Harem path and the Dark one. Good Luck for the dev and hope you gentlemen have a good day.

Last edited:

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017

Gonna have to agree with a lot of points here. The original definitely does some things better than the Refined version. For instance, I personally believe that fidless is a better writer than the person he hired to do Refine's writing. Like some of the characters feel way too tropey. For instance, Yura in the refined version is just a straight up trope but the original game presented her as a more well rounded character with a few trope elements.

Reactions: D Dave and caju

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Gonna have to agree with a lot of points here. The original definitely does some things better than the Refined version. For instance, I personally believe that fidless is a better writer than the person he hired to do Refine's writing. Like some of the characters feel way too tropey. For instance, Yura in the refined version is just a straight up trope but the original game presented her as a more well rounded character with a few trope elements.
And Nekomi, when you first met her in original, practicing her technique vs a tree...
Shows a depth to her training. It shows her dedication... allows you to "bond" to her character in a secluded setting where the refine version just sort of throws her on the team with less backstory or buildup.
There are other instances.

But, I think the points were made. Fidless saw. I am sure he took note.
And I dont really want to pile on criticism.
The board and world would be less without his game. It is good enough even if we hope for more.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

But yeah, keep delusions going if that makes you happier.

Delusions.

I can add a button to throw you into random fight sequences for 1 hour. If I add 10 buttons, that would make x10 more content, right?

If I superficially make 50+ quest logs, that wouldn't mean the game has 50 more content.

The main reason why the original game had more quest log entries, was because the story was cut and activated by visiting characters in their rooms more often and I needed to tell the player (go to room A and press on character).

There's no need for that in Refine as the game flows naturally while playing and new events plays during day transitions.

That doesn't mean we stopped making content.

Every new chapter adds to the story.
What happen to the special customers scenes, what happen not putting the red head as orian,what happen to the temple girls,what happen to the city map in the girls room, what happen assigning girls to pole dance, you just put them to work at night with same pics and the gift part was good before you had private talk/gift with them and spent time with them now you send a gift and that's it,garden scenes with the red head, but hey it's your game I'm just giving my opinion.

Reactions: D Dave

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think it's so much criticism, as people saying what they enjoyed in the other version.

If you think about it, it's true that combat was more 'on-demand' in the prior version. And it is also true that some aspects of the game were more by the player's choice (raids and such from Kisayo's map) than just linear events. Someone saying here they miss these aspects is NOT automatically criticism.

What we do not know (yet), is how the relationships will work out, how much more combat is planned, etc. Those additions may assuage some of these opinions, they may not. Ultimately some of the aspects they enjoyed may be yet to come. Only you know the answer to that, or if there is a place in the game for such things in the future if they are NOT currently planned (no spoilers, please!).

What I will say about this version: The animations from this latest release look like they took a lot of work, and they were well worth the effort.

Keep up the good work and don't lose the faith just because you have made something people enjoy.

Reactions: DougTheC and D Dave

Kenn987

Aug 30, 2020
kinda half expected Kisayo to be virgin or did MC really deflower her before. Was that what she was referring to when she called him a beast.

Apr 16, 2019
Kinda surprising people loved the original more. The Original have so many micro management to do on daily basis, like maintaining the base, attacking other areas. So it seems like the game are much more 'bigger' than the refine. I think this makes this VN adult game more 'game focused' than 'story focused'. This is only just different preference.
Also it gives the illusion that player will 'someday' get the dev to update those 'bigger' area, when we actually dunno if dev actually want to to that (as shown as how the refine actually moving fowards). This will makes the game shallower in the long run if dev just continue the old one and too many stuffs to balance later on.
In terms of graphic, the original feels more 'original' to some people I think just simply because of relatability. the original have blonde (which to westerner more relate into) (also dont forget the red hair), the refine more asian focused (which westerner, not to be racist, hard to distinguish at first glance). In the end, it's just different preference once again.
Altho for the scene, I think the refine just much more superior. Refine have better shadow, angles, scenic background, better animation etc. (Well too bad for me, bcos of my laptop too old, I cant play the animation without any lag).

TLDR: The original have 'wide' area, the REFINE more like focused one which I think better in the long run (Also better animation, better scenic scene)
The original player who likes the game bcos of 'game focused' ofc will dislike it, bcos the game now more like 'story focused'

I hope the dev understand how the frustration might come from the players. For me, I really love the current state of the game <3, good luck :D

tonnybn

Aug 7, 2020
Help me!!

my save file is corrupted, my character yamagata satsuki can't gain talent point even though the stats are maxed

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chicho1958

CatEclctic41

Jan 28, 2018
I think this game may need a lesbian/Yuri tag. There is one scene (that I see) between Kiku (scarred woman) & Satsuki (Oiran/former kunoichi) likely kissing each other but idk.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Just a note to fidless: something got borked with the algorithm for mood increase of oirans while resting. I have all upgrades for the garden and get no increase at all or sometimes very little when they rest (1 or 2 percent). It seems to have gotten worse with each upgrade... might be worth double checking. I'm enjoying a new playthru so, haven't gotten to the update yet and, of course, there are workarounds for keeping up the mood but, thought you would like to know.

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes