Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
Settings of what? Pc? My PC is old, 8-9 yr old, still run on ddr3. Though I've upgraded to 980TI last autumn. It's enough, though forest map destroys my pc. I think my pc at 10-16fps there.
If it's about the studio... It's a lot of different settings. Bloom, dof and intensive lighting adds a lot to the scene. Adding a lot of clutter, trees, flowers are a key to make a detailed scene. Wish I had a lot more assets to make pretty indoor environments. Some rooms looks so empty at some angles.
Well, it does look incredible. Way to go!

Reactions: fidless

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I've been playing a bit more of the game and, unfortunately, I've just struck that bug mentioned several times in the thread where Yura won't Rest when ordered to. I prefer controlling my girl's rest manually because I like to keep full control of their actions, so I can make sure they've back to full health and energy BEFORE I find I suddenly need them to work overtime, and normally she'd resst whenever I told her to, but just now she's stopped. If it helps identify the problem, she was fine before the event where Mei loses her virginity and joins the roster of courtesans, but started bugging out after that. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Speaking of Mei losing her virginity, do you remember when I was the one who brought up the oddity of the Yaichi personally deflowering Saka and Yura before reopening the brothel instead of selling their virginities for a premium, despite being desperately in the red and selling a courtesan's virginity being standard historical practice? When you gave us the option of either deflowering Mei or selling her virginity to a hand-picked client, I couldn't help but wonder whether you did that in response to my observation? Although speaking of Mei, she presents a bit of a balance issue, because as soon as she joins the working girl roster she's COMPLETELY worthless- with every one of her stats being F- she cannot serve ANYONE, or perform on the stage, so it's going to take a week or two of work to bring her up to a usable state (especially as her endurance is also extremely low and she learns very slowly). Maybe she should have had a few days of offscreen "personal tutelage" by Fudeyo before her debut, so she can at least have a chance to get a couple of her stats up to Ds, kind of like how you have a week or so to train Saka and Yura before you open the shop?

Anyway, regarding the bits of proofreading feedback I've been providing recently... there's simply no point continuing to do that, because there's just too much. There's like a mistake every 2-3 lines, some of them quite severe (like in the scene when Fudeyo is deflowing the virgin guy and he introduces himself to her with only his last name ("Tokiuchi" or something), only for her to IMMEDIATELY use his first name ("Reiji") instead). The game needs a full, proper proofreading. Maybe it's something you're leaving until the entire script is done, I guess, in case there's anything you need to go back and change.

Oh but just 2 little bits of feedback which aren't script-related:
1) During the aforementioned scene where Fudeyo deflowers Reiji, there's a bug in the sex scene- when the animation changes to him holding her by the throat while fucking her, if you press the "Change angle" button it instead switches to the rear angle view from before, where he's visibly NOT holding her by the throat, and if you swap back again, it changes back to the previous front angle instead of the 2nd part of the animation as well.
2) This is more of a nitpick, but I think there's a model anachronism during that scene: when Fudeyo's pouring tea for Reiji, I'm pretty sure she's pouring it from a western tea pot (with the high fluted neck and elongated spout) instead of a Japanese one. Also, I'm not sure when eyeglasses were first worn in Japan, but either way I'm pretty sure Reiji's look rather too modern.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I've been playing a bit more of the game and, unfortunately, I've just struck that bug mentioned several times in the thread where Yura won't Rest when ordered to. I prefer controlling my girl's rest manually because I like to keep full control of their actions, so I can make sure they've back to full health and energy BEFORE I find I suddenly need them to work overtime, and normally she'd resst whenever I told her to, but just now she's stopped. If it helps identify the problem, she was fine before the event where Mei loses her virginity and joins the roster of courtesans, but started bugging out after that. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Speaking of Mei losing her virginity, do you remember when I was the one who brought up the oddity of the Yaichi personally deflowering Saka and Yura before reopening the brothel instead of selling their virginities for a premium, despite being desperately in the red and selling a courtesan's virginity being standard historical practice? When you gave us the option of either deflowering Mei or selling her virginity to a hand-picked client, I couldn't help but wonder whether you did that in response to my observation? Although speaking of Mei, she presents a bit of a balance issue, because as soon as she joins the working girl roster she's COMPLETELY worthless- with every one of her stats being F- she cannot serve ANYONE, or perform on the stage, so it's going to take a week or two of work to bring her up to a usable state (especially as her endurance is also extremely low and she learns very slowly). Maybe she should have had a few days of offscreen "personal tutelage" by Fudeyo before her debut, so she can at least have a chance to get a couple of her stats up to Ds, kind of like how you have a week or so to train Saka and Yura before you open the shop?

Anyway, regarding the bits of proofreading feedback I've been providing recently... there's simply no point continuing to do that, because there's just too much. There's like a mistake every 2-3 lines, some of them quite severe (like in the scene when Fudeyo is deflowing the virgin guy and he introduces himself to her with only his last name ("Tokiuchi" or something), only for her to IMMEDIATELY use his first name ("Reiji") instead). The game needs a full, proper proofreading. Maybe it's something you're leaving until the entire script is done, I guess, in case there's anything you need to go back and change.

Oh but just 2 little bits of feedback which aren't script-related:
1) During the aforementioned scene where Fudeyo deflowers Reiji, there's a bug in the sex scene- when the animation changes to him holding her by the throat while fucking her, if you press the "Change angle" button it instead switches to the rear angle view from before, where he's visibly NOT holding her by the throat, and if you swap back again, it changes back to the previous front angle instead of the 2nd part of the animation as well.
2) This is more of a nitpick, but I think there's a model anachronism during that scene: when Fudeyo's pouring tea for Reiji, I'm pretty sure she's pouring it from a western tea pot (with the high fluted neck and elongated spout) instead of a Japanese one. Also, I'm not sure when eyeglasses were first worn in Japan, but either way I'm pretty sure Reiji's look rather too modern.
Download a fix for mei resting.
One way to speed up Mei's training is to keep her away from work and focus on training to save EN.

Xarvi

Jul 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well of course it's up to you at the end of the day, just giving my thoughts, but there are other ways of doing that, you know like how games like cookie clicker etc work (minus the clicking ofc)?
I agree that you shouldn't be able to finish it in one week etc, but I'd rather see some really expensive cool stuff instead of just oh you gained 10% profit on something that generates 326 gold/day. I mean that's fine but it's kind of boring. Like currently all the shop items are really freaking expensive and feels like you cant afford it at any time (imo). Honestly I quit at like day 48 cause I got worn out. I really like the gameplay, but I feel like it could be so much more. Increase the rate you gain money somewhat and add some really expensive upgrades you have to save up for and will increase your profits more, that would be some fun endgame, and lock some awesome scenes behind those upgrades = endgame candy.
I mean like add levels to the buildings, level 1 basic hot spring, level 2 moderate hotspring, level 3 high end, level 4 luxury etc. Personally I think that would be cool.

I do like the game though, it was fun but the grinding didn't really feel "worth it", at the point you unlock the combat, he start to attack your base, you lose stuff you cant finish missions cause you cant afford stuff, you need to upgrade the base. It's just too much at the same time, the reginal map is really expensive, the base is expensive to upgrade and you gain very little money upgrading the base.

Another thing, when the girls get tired at 50% energy feels kind of weird as well, like you increase your energy but it's still game over at 50% energy. Maybe fix the point where they get tired at like 10 and the base is 15 and you gain a few points of energy when they level up (1-2 points perhaps) and the "tired" point stays at 10. It doesn't really change anything other than how we view the threshold but it would feel more correct.

Just stuff that I would like, but you do you :)

razor2

Mar 15, 2019
Been seeing a ton of posts about the economy, but honestly, as long as you manage well, you should have no problems with money. Just try to make sure 2 girls are working and 1 girl is dancing every night (I basically only used Mei as a dancer for a while) and you should get at least $3k per night and $5k+ when you start getting more reputation easily. I can buy 4 perfumes a week for the girls and still have plenty of money to sink into upgrades. Also make sure to take the recovery speed talents for girls and Saka's red talent asap so you can service the max number of clients.

Hroft777

Jun 1, 2017
I have a bug. Yura doesn't work, doesn't rest. I change her duties and nothing. When skip day her portrait doesn't show up. Saka, Mei, Fudeyo work fine. Someone know how to fix this? I start a new game, not use an old save.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I have a bug. Yura doesn't work, doesn't rest. I change her duties and nothing. When skip day her portrait doesn't show up. Saka, Mei, Fudeyo work fine. Someone know how to fix this? I start a new game, not use an old save.
Did you get the patch on the first page?

Reactions: Hroft777

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I have a question. I don’t understand why when I play an RPGM game after save and leave the game, I can’t load my save...
I don’t understand. I love this game but I can’t play like I want
Read technical disclaimer at the OP?

resgar

Mar 15, 2020
Why so many people begged here for cheats? Game is definetly not THAT difficult, and if someone want skip gaming process to check out gallery, there are already posted saves couple times. Right in this thread. No offence.

So where is troubles?

to dev:

Thx, i already fixed that problem for myself. Just to be noted. Textboxes can be adjusted in setting menu in many other VN. Fine asset.

I played more in WR and can suggest more features to consider:

1 - Levels of dojo/stage/hotsprings/garden - they are just coin consumers without noticable effect above 1 lvl in general. Boost their effects. Or remove lvls, and boost numbers accordingly. Make noticeable quality effect, not a bit crunchy numbers. Mb new minor scenes/lvl there.
2 - Chemistry, aside heal tonics and rejuvenation potion. - all not worth in state as is, just boost some way (mb with adding some fun side effects) or remove.
3 - Add weekly count to day counter - To more comfortable catching weekends
4 - Add CD active regionmap actions somewhere near day counter. - Or near existng Tomomitsu activity notes (!), even better. Something like button with Letter "A" (agressive) with popup tootip:

A:1 - free to go
2 - 3day left
3 - free

M, to "Misc" Corresponding activity on regionmap.)

Just to collect notifications in one place.

Thank you.

Reactions: Xarvi and fidless

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Please recommend a program for auto translation into another language
Just like with any nonbasic rpgm mv game, auto translating won't work. Translator++ can help in translating, but you'll still need to manually check what it translates. It'll find and translate snippets of code, commands and it'll break a game.

Samknowsall

Jan 12, 2021
Is there a way to see the animations you did for each girl for the sex training? Not asking to put them back in cause what we're doing now is a massive time saver with just a single photo of it. Dont want all that work you did for this go to scrap.

Aeduaard

Jul 29, 2019
Man fidless this update worth the waiting I really can't wait for the next update about Akechi family and personal time with the courtesan's keep it up may God bless you

Monkey Boy

Jun 15, 2017
Should Patrons be playing 8.2 or 8.1? Does the Public Release contain everything in the Patron Release, just arriving a few days later with less bugs and possibly more content?

• Angry
Reactions: Kingvlad

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
I feel like I missed more than one memo.

1. How do I hire guards? And how do I check security level? Expected to see it .
2. I beat General #3, Tomomitsu influence at 77% afterwards, next day I get - is that simply a "you reached the end of the current version"?

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I feel like I missed more than one memo.

1. How do I hire guards? And how do I check security level? Expected to see it .
2. I beat General #3, Tomomitsu influence at 77% afterwards, next day I get - is that simply a "you reached the end of the current version"?
Guards are removed in this version.
You kept Tomomitsu's influence for over ~12+ days. It's random, but after 12-30+ days it's gameover. You have a message below the "Day" display. I'll add a better indicator in the next updates.

Reactions: Tsugumi
4.40 star(s) 56 Votes