Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
How do I decrease influence its on about 70%?
Go to the regional map in the 'fiance's' room. There you can hire mercenaries to oppose the Villain's influence through assassination and muggings and there's another option to make a strike on one of his brothels to decrease influence massively. Those options will increase suspicion but you can also bribe the authorities to reduce that as well.

Zed

Feb 15, 2017
anyone else had issues with Yura not regaining energy when resting or using Suka Mending ability? She now can't do activities but it acts as though she isn't resting either

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
anyone else had issues with Yura not regaining energy when resting or using Suka Mending ability? She now can't do activities but it acts as though she isn't resting either
Check the OP for a fix

Reactions: Zed

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
I have played this twice. I really enjoyed it. However, I do have a few suggestions that obviously can be taken with a grain of salt. I get they are just my opinions. Still....

1) A calendar. I want to know what day of the week it is so I can plan for the weekend when the Red Petal gets more customers. As far as I can tell there isn't any way to tell other than keeping track. Perhaps I missed it?

2) I wish it was a bit harder.

I think there is an actual game here underneath the standard VN. I enjoyed playing that game, but it was too easy.

The brothel management is well done, and I also think the combat is actually pretty good. I think combat does suffer from the lack of a tutorial about how it works. I spent a lot of time trying to understand it, and once I understood it I was pretty impressed. It is a good system.

The problem is that is almost impossible to lose. Just way too easy. Sure, once I had to use a potion to heal. Once.

There are also some game mechanics that are simply underused due to the low difficulty. For instance, the Garden. I never over work my courtesans so resting or energy is never an issue. I get the garden and then never upgrade it as it is useless. Apparently, there is also some sort of sickness or STD mechanism, which again I never experienced. Apparently I have to play poorly to experience these things.

There is simply no reason to over work your courtesans other than being bad at understanding game mechanics or merely curious to see what would happen.

It would be better if the game was harder and I was forced to over work them due to actual problems meeting my financial obligations.

I would suggest adding difficulty settings. Allow people to play a harder version. I get it isn't for everyone, but you actually made a game that is worth playing but the game doesn't shine if it is just too easy to win.

I want to see Tomomitsu's gang forcing me to care about training or potions. I want to see them attacking the Red Petal and catching me off guard... forcing me to work my courtesans a bit harder due to problems they have caused.

I only feel this way because the game mechanics you actually have are good. There is a game here. I think you should lean into it and make it more of a challenge.

3) I wish there were actual choices that had consequences. As far as I can tell everything is on rails. As I said, I played it twice, and as far as I can tell there are no choices with any real consequence....

I mean sure I can play badly and fail to keep Tomomitsu under control or allow suspicion to get too high. I get you can actually lose, which is great.

But beyond that, events all seem to be tied to upgrades or improvements (other than with Morihira where there is a choice to be made).

Because there is an actual game at the heart of your VN I think it would be good to have more player agency that would change the game in more substantial ways.

I already played this twice. I would play it again if there were different endings or choices I could make that would alter the play through.

Maybe you have more of this planned? I suspect you do. I just wanted to encourage you to go down that path as much as possible.

4) I think some of the comedic elements clash with the gritty elements. It is your vision, and I understand that. I am collecting skulls of my enemies and running a brothel and killing my enemies, but a lot of the vignettes are a bit slapstick for the setting. I am not suggesting you remove any of them, but only that you try to stay more towards the dark and gritty side of things as you add more content. The game isn't exactly lighthearted, but sometimes it seems more like a comedy that is forced into a more grim/gritty reality.

Anyway, those are my thoughts....

I know the next update has some interesting stuff in it. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for all the work. I really do think this is one of the better games of this genera.

I intend to write a review for this in the review section, but am waiting to see the next update as it sounds like there are some really interesting additions coming.

Reactions: fidless and TD1900

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Just dropped by to say I tried the game and so far I'm enjoying it. There is a lot of grammar /spelling issues that still need to be ironed out, but it wasn't bad enough to stop a play through. Though it's bad enough that I'd assume the author speaks English as a second or third language.

anna94

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
I have played this twice. I really enjoyed it. However, I do have a few suggestions that obviously can be taken with a grain of salt. I get they are just my opinions. Still....

1) A calendar. I want to know what day of the week it is so I can plan for the weekend when the Red Petal gets more customers. As far as I can tell there isn't any way to tell other than keeping track. Perhaps I missed it?

2) I wish it was a bit harder.

I think there is an actual game here underneath the standard VN. I enjoyed playing that game, but it was too easy.

The brothel management is well done, and I also think the combat is actually pretty good. I think combat does suffer from the lack of a tutorial about how it works. I spent a lot of time trying to understand it, and once I understood it I was pretty impressed. It is a good system.

The problem is that is almost impossible to lose. Just way too easy. Sure, once I had to use a potion to heal. Once.

There are also some game mechanics that are simply underused due to the low difficulty. For instance, the Garden. I never over work my courtesans so resting or energy is never an issue. I get the garden and then never upgrade it as it is useless. Apparently, there is also some sort of sickness or STD mechanism, which again I never experienced. Apparently I have to play poorly to experience these things.

There is simply no reason to over work your courtesans other than being bad at understanding game mechanics or merely curious to see what would happen.

It would be better if the game was harder and I was forced to over work them due to actual problems meeting my financial obligations.

I would suggest adding difficulty settings. Allow people to play a harder version. I get it isn't for everyone, but you actually made a game that is worth playing but the game doesn't shine if it is just too easy to win.

I want to see Tomomitsu's gang forcing me to care about training or potions. I want to see them attacking the Red Petal and catching me off guard... forcing me to work my courtesans a bit harder due to problems they have caused.

I only feel this way because the game mechanics you actually have are good. There is a game here. I think you should lean into it and make it more of a challenge.

3) I wish there were actual choices that had consequences. As far as I can tell everything is on rails. As I said, I played it twice, and as far as I can tell there are no choices with any real consequence....

I mean sure I can play badly and fail to keep Tomomitsu under control or allow suspicion to get too high. I get you can actually lose, which is great.

But beyond that, events all seem to be tied to upgrades or improvements (other than with Morihira where there is a choice to be made).

Because there is an actual game at the heart of your VN I think it would be good to have more player agency that would change the game in more substantial ways.

I already played this twice. I would play it again if there were different endings or choices I could make that would alter the play through.

Maybe you have more of this planned? I suspect you do. I just wanted to encourage you to go down that path as much as possible.

4) I think some of the comedic elements clash with the gritty elements. It is your vision, and I understand that. I am collecting skulls of my enemies and running a brothel and killing my enemies, but a lot of the vignettes are a bit slapstick for the setting. I am not suggesting you remove any of them, but only that you try to stay more towards the dark and gritty side of things as you add more content. The game isn't exactly lighthearted, but sometimes it seems more like a comedy that is forced into a more grim/gritty reality.

Anyway, those are my thoughts....

I know the next update has some interesting stuff in it. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for all the work. I really do think this is one of the better games of this genera.

I intend to write a review for this in the review section, but am waiting to see the next update as it sounds like there are some really interesting additions coming.
Really long xD

4.40 star(s) 56 Votes