27X

Oct 30, 2019
Your English isn't very good so I can't really tell what you're trying to say for a lot of this.

There doesn't seem to be a bow anywhere in the village. I checked all of the huts and the forest surrounding them.
Part of the UI hints that it needs to be crafted, but never says how.

Kim (The girl dancing by the fire?) doesn't say anything or hint at anything or give any kind of clue or have any dialogue whatsoever until after you get all three strikes.
You press the interact button near her and automatically get strikes 1, 2 and 3. After which she complains at you. This is the first and only piece of dialogue that she seems to have in the game.
There's no puzzle here. You press X to talk to her and you lose.
I would have tried to dance with her, but there doesn't seem to be a button to do that. (the Input IU is a fucking mess)

As for Milanna, I don't remember which one that is. The sunbather on the beach?
That whole block of text that you posted about her is borderline nonsense, but I gather that some sort of quest involving weed broke and now doesn't work?
Don't worry his tech enhancements are also nonsense. The game can utilize as much Vram as you can give it and runs at 8K pretty solid, provided you don't use ANY AA. ( Which isn't much of a loss, U4 AA is terribad on anything except foliage)

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

undecode

May 27, 2017
Damn this feel surreal. I've been coming here for a WHILE to grab the latest patch and always check the last 2 pages of comments to see when it's coming (if it didnt update). In all these months I didnt understand one thing Krosos is talking about, and I have good UE4 knowledge and gamedev in general. Sometimes im not logged in and i see the posts (i have them blocked, sorry but too many posts and i dont understand jack shit) but it's funny all these last posts.
Idk, had to say something about it.
Also, while im at it... this game has the best animations but it's incredible the developers are getting 100k pero month on patreon. People actually paying for no decent updates at all.

Reactions: Oxiton and Novari

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
getting 100k pero month on patreon. People actually paying for no decent updates at all.
Holy crap I haven't checked there patreon in a while, I remember when they were on like 11k

Where'd they get all their supporters from?

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Holy crap I haven't checked there patreon in a while, I remember when they were on like 11k

Where'd they get all their supporters from?
Ha ha ha. Man, this is what I've been asking myself for over a year!

Just look at this.

Untitled.png

From May 22 to August 28, 2017, Steve scored from zero to 10K. At that time, the game had only a few animations, one flying girl, one guy and a desert map. No gameplay.
Then on November 24, 2018 - 40K. Just look at how steep the chart is :D

I have no idea. Pure mystery.

Check it yourself.

Maxiiki

Mar 22, 2021
How do you launch this game on directx 11?
I have a blurry textures problem in absolutely all games on directx 12, it can be solved only by using directx 11 instead.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
I have no idea. Pure mystery.
I can tell you exactly what happened on those two points.

The first boost from 0 to 10k came after we posted this video to our youtube and twitter and tumblr. Yeah tumblr still was a thing back then and we had something between 10 and 20 k followers. The video did quite well and got many views and helped us grow the patreon fairly quickly.

That second one happened after we made this video:
and some moderately sized youtuber took it and added it to a "top X games of 20blabla" toplist. He used a spicy image from our video as thumbnail and his video exploded to like 5million views. That gave us a ton of publicity which we really needed back then. From there the growth was quite smooth.

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
I can tell you exactly what happened on those two points.

The first boost from 0 to 10k came after we posted this video to our youtube and twitter and tumblr. Yeah tumblr still was a thing back then and we had something between 10 and 20 k followers. The video did quite well and got many views and helped us grow the patreon fairly quickly.

That second one happened after we made this video:
and some moderately sized youtuber took it and added it to a "top X games of 20blabla" toplist. He used a spicy image from our video as thumbnail and his video exploded to like 5million views. That gave us a ton of publicity which we really needed back then. From there the growth was quite smooth.
Cool - thank you for letting me know. Now this explains everything. That is, there was a promotion through the media by a third-party YouTuber. Damn, then it was a huge luck, or did you offer to show the game?

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Cool - thank you for letting me know. Now this explains everything. That is, there was a promotion through the media by a third-party YouTuber. Damn, then it was a huge luck, or did you offer to show the game?
No, we didnt even know anyone was doing anything with our videos until we noticed our patron numbers going through the roof. Then eventually one of the new patrons of course told us what video led them to us. Unfortunately the video no longer exists., in fact the whole youtube account is gone now. We never figured out why it got deleted.

Reactions: dilphin

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020
No, we didnt even know anyone was doing anything with our videos until we noticed our patron numbers going through the roof. Then eventually one of the new patrons of course told us what video led them to us. Unfortunately the video no longer exists., in fact the whole youtube account is gone now. We never figured out why it got deleted.
Hi! great job congratulations Steve! is there a possibility to use quest2 in WildLife? how would it be?

dilphin

Jul 17, 2021
Great luck indeed. Thanks man.

Reactions: Jimmeh

3dmaxdude

Nov 13, 2017
Hi Steve,
I actually admire how you actively browse and reply in good spirit on this forum considering the format. I admire you and other developers that see this as more than just a pirating site. This forum is a lot of good advertising for many games but I and others can only support as many devs as financially possible on the side; both through patreon and subscriber star.
Keep up the good work and please continue to ignore what few envious hecklers there are on the side.

I saw steve show a shey futa model on one of his streams the other day. So big hopes for that lol.
Oh wow. If this happens I may very well have to throw some money at Steve! lol
Bol's equipment better be in use.

Reactions: Howdo and KellyOwen

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Don't worry his tech enhancements are also nonsense. The game can utilize as much Vram as you can give it and runs at 8K pretty solid, provided you don't use ANY AA. ( Which isn't much of a loss, U4 AA is terribad on anything except foliage)
At least they got their Streaming much better under Control U4 TAA is old Karis just adapted old ideas Gen 5 TAAU is much better TSR is pretty SOA vs Future Machine Learned Enhanced metrics like DLSS.

Nanite is something that will make lot of old systems obsolete fast

The only really thing that saves now is the interop requirement to the old Consoles

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It can be enough that some third party renderer in the background just at the wrong time keeps the resources locked, then you gonna see something like it happening.

The biggest problem here is also that the streaming has todo it right in a cutscene, there is absolute 0 time for preloading, it has to be instantly getting all the resources allocated while max is preparing to jump out of the ship and the last thing it tries hard to get allocation space for is that ground infront of it.

Overall a nice System Latency Stability testcase Wild Life creates here for older Systems or on the API Edge cases especially :)

I currently wonder if it could be as well a Nvidia Driver issue they later fixed or optimized for with Medium and Nioh2 Game Ready releases, though since some time Nvidias Driver Team most work on Game Ready has rather become reoptimizing AMD targeted Shader optimizations :D
Though Unreal is one of the most optimized Engines in Nvidias Base Driver DX11 work, such a problem they most probably would have realized much earlier.
But that Review Fight time vs AMD Navi 2x this time was very heated, since a long long time the Driver even crashes in their Control Panel due to the work on their SAM contender actually the backporting of their Pro Stack work of it down to the Endconsumer Level and the Hush for Review readiness of it the Driver Team must have been under a lot of pressure this time, so maybe it improves with a newer driver.

AdeptusSteve

And yeah sure it's "THE GOLDEN DILDO"

Just imagine it ;)

And knowing that it can be further enhanced makes it even greater Gen 5 TAAU in the next version will drive a nice Performance boost without much damage when everything gets setuped balanced enough, though the overall Performance boost will only affect the lower complexity frames a lot the higher complexity wont get so much out of it. :)

And so far nicely stable with Firefox running in the background and rendering on multiple tabs :)

I really wish Candy Valley would fix the Ground Contact properly but it will stay a wish ;)

Last edited:

ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
>It's another technobabble episode
And here I was thinking maybe something substantial was posted, like a preview of the next version or something.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Well, my only goal is to protect others from this guy's technically incorrect messages. :KEK:

Although a nice pose!
to be honest im pretty sure everyone just got used to him at this point...he loves his screenshots and "analysis" of whatever the crap he's analyzing...
So my machine can't run this game worth a damn. Even with all settings set to low and windowed mode, it takes an eon to boot up and then runs at about one frame every two seconds. I don't think it's a hardware issue, as I can run other modern games just fine. Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?
check what GPU you are running the game with I guess? though that would have nothing to do with loading times..

3.80 star(s) 179 Votes