Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It's a tech demo at a scale you see in a title like Jedi:Fallen Order even if it might be hard for some to understand this compare i make here.

Though of course it is hard to compare Candy Valley with something like the Respawn Team, Newbies vs Veterans ;)

But the Production effort Candy Valley puts into this IP gives them a special place among everyone else here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PS: I don't know why but if i see Shey i have to think about Lara Croft and Angelina Jolies rather special Skull shape yeah like a Lara Croft on Steroids in a PAWG Design.

Last edited:
Reactions: DragonBky67

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
For me they're 2 Unreal projects so far here i hope they gonna succeed because they are great people behind it, that have a bigger vision in mind not just business :)

Unreal Team projects i would give the "We have Visions and might fail but we aren't Scamers" badge, that someone in the old sense would call Games (no VR/AR and Multiplayer targets) and more then just a scene viewer state (often early from the beginning allready concepted as old idea Games within a certain complexity range).

Kalyskah
Wild-Life
Monolith Bay (with some exception points about upper management, monetization decisions, extreme childish (Cartoon) Design Goals not everyone's thing, but very solid story telling and character development that keeps you moving)
Silicon Lust (with a small exception point in tech execution knowledge and the wildhog day effect resulting out of it)
Subverse (Lower complexity on the game side parts (casual minigames target mixed inside a VN) but full of love for character goals)
Under the Witch (Anime/Hentai Design but a very nice overall execution with a very interesting mix of Gameplay logic ideas packed with solid character development)

Last edited:

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
Game runs like dogshit on my midrange pc and has only gotten worse the more shit you add. Optimization should be you're highest priority rn. I have never played a game that ran so shit not even joking.

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
I don't have any problem with performance on wildlife and i have all my settings on ultra. much be your pc.
It's not. The kerpalli village is the worst offender, my pc has a ryzen 5 and a radeon 580 and while I realize that's not amazing,, I played total war Warhammer max settings with 4 full skaven armies in one battle and the fps doesn't drop that horrifically.

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
Yeah this. Most of it runs servicably.
Its very poorly coded, especially with AMD hardware, run something like GPU-Z, and check out video memory usage. I have a 8GB RX570 and it tries to use all of it then chugs or crashes. On my nVidia hardware its hit or miss if it decides to use the proper 2-3GB amount for the graphics settings, or blows that out and also crashes. Don't expect change thou, they're raking in tons of money by adding nothing but more animations continuously and a tiny bit of token game play, so no pressure to do anything else, including UE4 bugs years old (which the AMD mem use one is, even the self admitted very slow BioAsshard team fixed that over a year ago).

• Angry
Reactions: Krosos

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
Its very poorly coded, especially with AMD hardware, run something like GPU-Z, and check out video memory usage. I have a 8GB RX570 and it tries to use all of it then chugs or crashes. On my nVidia hardware its hit or miss if it decides to use the proper 2-3GB amount for the graphics settings, or blows that out and also crashes. Don't expect change thou, they're raking in tons of money by adding nothing but more animations continuously and a tiny bit of token game play, so no pressure to do anything else, including UE4 bugs years old (which the AMD mem use one is, even the self admitted very slow BioAsshard team fixed that over a year ago).
This confirms every suspicion I had.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Sorry but Imprimis talks shit in perfection because he has 0 idea what he actually sees and how it operates, also the Team is following visible the top to bottom approach you can argue about it.
But it is the General way in Software development that optimization run comes at the end stage im not fan of it and follow more the more task intense bottom to top approach improving from the beginning on generally and not waiting till the end.

The only real poor code is the overall CPU AI handling the rest is rather hard to optimize without loosing your Cinematic quality approach from top to bottom in a mostly realtime running light Simulation environment.

What Imprimis currently suggests could end in what many will call "downgrade"

The biggest solvable problems are rather also on the Streaming side of things not on the Render side render side would allready improve significantly with a API switch and further improve with better AI handling.

Imprimis
Play AC Valhalla it is nicely AMD optimized

Last edited:

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
My gaming pc run AMD Ryzen 3 2300K Quad-Core Processor 3.50GHz, 16GB of Ram, Nvida GTX 1050 Ti.
Neat, I have a ryzen 2400g processer 8 gigs of ram and a radeon 580. And I cannot step foot in the kerpalli village without it chugging like an unplayable motherfucker and that's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
That's a massive Data size + AI overhead (Simulation complexity) problem to solve and it not only affects AMD Midrange base system users

They're 2 Main areas that crunch heavily

Many seem to forget how Realtime Wild-Life is really

Last edited:

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
That's a massive Data size + AI overhead (Simulation complexity) problem to solve and it not only affects AMD Midrange base system users

They're 2 Main areas that crunch heavily

Many seem to forget how Realtime Wild-Life is really
Makes sense, I chalked it up to too many polygons lmao

3.80 star(s) 179 Votes