SaucePan69

Jun 16, 2021
I just got the game and is there anything to do in the story quests? Like is the whole dating mechanic implemented or are there any checkpoints? Also is there a guide for it since during my talk with Snoat I kind of skipped past his dialogue of what to do and now I'm stuck

FRIENDLY21

Feb 5, 2018
I just got the game and is there anything to do in the story quests? Like is the whole dating mechanic implemented or are there any checkpoints? Also is there a guide for it since during my talk with Snoat I kind of skipped past his dialogue of what to do and now I'm stuck
No, there are no checkpoints and currently no way to save your progress. If you are plying with Max and you are on the quest from Snoat, you have to go and talk to the guy on the hill, on the other side of the lake.

Did anyone manage find a way to get a weapon when playing with Maya, because without one, you cannot progress with her quests?

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
I really dont know...the old UE4 Version looked much more better by far than current status with UE5 ...is it my PC or is this still the tuning of the game Devs have to do with UE 5 ? I mean the game was really beautyful with old UE4 and now it seems to be a step back. I am just glad i kept the old version from last year too on my HD.
I think so too I noticed it looks worse than before. Not the first time I've seen a botched UE5 transition

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
I'm using 5800X / RTX3070 / 32GB ram
QuestioningDog.jpg
Disable the Fur, than if it does nothing
try to update every single driver (try google "ninite" if you don't have a clue, but I can't endorse that).
also a good system optimizer can do the job, I'm good with Iobit (not free)
If it doesn't work choose: either trash the cpu or the game -retorical-

----edit----

I just tried the newest version... same problem here
Try disable the volumetrics and the virtual shadowing and lower everything you have on Epic to High, that should give you something.
Yet the new graphics are garbage on any setting, for me at least

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bartroli

Bizerso

Jun 20, 2023
I'm pretty sure this was asked a million times before. But how do I fix the Bad Textures issue on UE5? They look like shit, I just moved from the UE4 version and it's a mess. I have a strong pc so VRAM should not be an issue. Is there a fix for this?

I've been looking for over an hour and I still don't see a fix for this or something that might help. I tried to put everything to low and then to EPIC/High again but everything looks like it's on low.
Have you found any solution?

3dmember

Sep 23, 2017
When the hell are they going to add dlss/fsr2 to this game.. it would take someone on their team part of a day to do it. It needs to happen. Even on a 4090 the performance is abysmal.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Canes and Varalaker

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I saw your old post about low texture despite the high settings, how did you solve it? I'm having the same low texture issue right now.
You usually get low texture problem if your gpu has less than 4GB vram. To fix try this.
Go to "AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\Windows" open Engine.ini file and add this at the bottom
[SystemSettings]
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1

If that not work then remove the above and try this
[SystemSettings]
r.TextureStreaming=0

Last edited:

Seyhtan31

Aug 5, 2019
Does anyone know how to find a weapon to kill blackrock gunners? Or attack without a weapon?

Also how to punish that annoying kid Elbert lol
(edit moving a bit far away from him failed the mission wtf xd)

I knew i shouldn't try and waste time on new game but i've come this far and don't wanna go back :D

Last edited:

DaisyChained

Feb 3, 2019
exactly. carnal instinct looks amazing and runs fine. there is no excuse for it to run this shitly.
Carnal instincts also looks like Skyrim, plays like Assasins creed if it only had walking and has god awful animations.

You can't just use the game engine as a benchmark lol... I've seen text based unreal games.

Either you wait for optimization patches within UE5 itself, drivers or Wildlife, or you buy new hardware, or you accept that your hardware is outdated for cutting edge open world games and simply have to sit this one out.

This site always succeeds in annoying me with how stupid people are. Like the people mentioning a 1030... It's almost 10 years old, lowest of the low end GPU... It is not getting many driver releases. You have to adjust your expectations based on your current situation, I.E. hardware. It's not like you go and scream at Rolex because you can't afford their watches with a McDonalds salary, you instead adjust your expectations.

"Why can't I run a primarily graphic bottle-necked game on my integrated graphics? Wuuua wuuuua. Shit devs, fakau!" Bro, go try to play any modern AAA game that's graphically heavy with that ancient card. Same experience.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Carnal instincts also looks like Skyrim, plays like Assasins creed if it only had walking and has god awful animations.

You can't just use the game engine as a benchmark lol... I've seen text based unreal games.

Either you wait for optimization patches within UE5 itself, drivers or Wildlife, or you buy new hardware, or you accept that your hardware is outdated for cutting edge open world games and simply have to sit this one out.

This site always succeeds in annoying me with how stupid people are. Like the people mentioning a 1030... It's almost 10 years old, lowest of the low end GPU... It is not getting many driver releases. You have to adjust your expectations based on your current situation, I.E. hardware. It's not like you go and scream at Rolex because you can't afford their watches with a McDonalds salary, you instead adjust your expectations.

"Why can't I run a primarily graphic bottle-necked game on my integrated graphics? Wuuua wuuuua. Shit devs, fakau!" Bro, go try to play any modern AAA game that's graphically heavy with that ancient card. Same experience.
Cutting edge open world game? Bruh it's a tech demo with a barren prototype map.

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
after 2 years i downloaded this just to see how far they have come. And its still the same pose/scene creator that it has been before, really a shame. They gotta stick to gameplay + scenes imo

Games like VirtAMate do a much better job at creating your own scenes/animations bcs thats the whole genre of the game.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes