limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
None of the last 5 builds never work for me now it crashes a few seconds after startup anyone else have this problem?
What's your computer's hardware? It could be an issue of a GPU and/or CPU that's too old, or you don't have DirectX12 which is what the UE5 version has by default, which can be worked around by making a shortcut for the exe and right clicking it > Properties > and in the text field labeled "Target" you add at the end (without the quotes) "-dx11"

If it's not that, then try removing the game's files (backing up CharacterPresets and SandboxSaveGames if you want if you made custom presets or have sandbox saves you want to keep) in C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\WildLifeC and starting the game again

Chris237

Jul 28, 2017
why not use the RPDL torrent? takes 5 seconds to make an account
Because I'm not going to register on a completely unknown and unreliable website just for a game. Especially if a plain torrent file can be shared. But i already got it from elsewhere without registration. Thx anyway

Reactions: limesseur
Apr 28, 2020
Is there a difference between the UE4 and 5 versions in terms of actual development? I haven't played in a long time, and I saw that the pre-alpha map in the UE5 version actually looks less developed than it was in the last version I played a while back. Also I noticed the old map was stripped of all its scenery

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Is there a difference between the UE4 and 5 versions in terms of actual development? I haven't played in a long time, and I saw that the pre-alpha map in the UE5 version actually looks less developed than it was in the last version I played a while back. Also I noticed the old map was stripped of all its scenery
UE5 has a couple quests in the new map. Your mileage may vary, NPCs get stuck a lot.

bjoe41082

Jul 7, 2021
Tried the UE5 version today and it's a mess. Most of the characters look worse and all the maps are shockingly bad quality now. Tried playing the main "game" / story mode and holy crap, how someone can be happy with that for 80k+ a month for development is beyond me. I've seen better free indie games than this. Horrific performance and no voice lines. The new fox character is a low effort reskin. If you try and look around the old map all of the models for the different settlements etc are gone, every location is just wonky terrain that looks awful. You can't make the showroom white, only black or terrain. This game is in serious trouble, having been in development for 6 years yet there still isn't anything resembling decent quests etc. Its a shame. :(

Reactions: Dingickso

bjoe41082

Jul 7, 2021
Carnal instincts also looks like Skyrim, plays like Assasins creed if it only had walking and has god awful animations.

You can't just use the game engine as a benchmark lol... I've seen text based unreal games.

Either you wait for optimization patches within UE5 itself, drivers or Wildlife, or you buy new hardware, or you accept that your hardware is outdated for cutting edge open world games and simply have to sit this one out.

This site always succeeds in annoying me with how stupid people are. Like the people mentioning a 1030... It's almost 10 years old, lowest of the low end GPU... It is not getting many driver releases. You have to adjust your expectations based on your current situation, I.E. hardware. It's not like you go and scream at Rolex because you can't afford their watches with a McDonalds salary, you instead adjust your expectations.

"Why can't I run a primarily graphic bottle-necked game on my integrated graphics? Wuuua wuuuua. Shit devs, fakau!" Bro, go try to play any modern AAA game that's graphically heavy with that ancient card. Same experience.
Yet Wild life currently plays like a free skyrim clone someone made in their bedroom in about a week...
Both games run on the same engine yet IMO Carnal looks far better, and runs at hundreds of FPS for me compared to like 30 in wild life.
Claiming that users just have bad hardware is not a valid excuse for wild life being unoptimized, I'd hardly call it cutting edge either XD

ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
Both games run on the same engine yet IMO Carnal looks far better, and runs at hundreds of FPS for me compared to like 30 in wild life.
Carnal Instinct doesn't look that good. Not bad either, just average. Not to mention the sex scenes are closer to pre recorded videos with multiple fixed camera angles, whereas Wild Life has a much more robust foundations in that regard.

Still, you have a point. The game being so hardware hungry is probably a deterrent for many possible supporters. Doesn't make sense to throw some money at the devs for a game you're unable to play unless you have a beefy rig. There's absolutely delusional people expecting to play a high end game with their 15 year old toaster that accumulated pounds of dust, spider webs and insect corpses, yes. But the perfomance in Wild Life is indeed bad and should be fixed sooner rather than later, if at all possible.

May 7, 2017
so hey guys, last time tried this game - had a bunch of problems
but the main one - low fps, using a laptop with rtx3050, ryzen 7 and 16gb RAM
it can handle cyberpunk (on low-med settings to be fair), but cannot run this game with adequate framerate =(

honeyhog

Sep 13, 2022
You usually get low texture problem if your gpu has less than 4GB vram. To fix try this.
Go to AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor open Engine.ini file and add this at the bottom
[SystemSettings]
r.TextureStreaming=0

If that not work then remove the above and try this
[SystemSettings]
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
Thanks for the tip!
For me it works reasonably well but not in the Engine.ini file in the "WindowsNoEditor" folder but in the "Windows" folder.
(..AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\Windows\Engine.ini)

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Thanks for the tip!
For me it works reasonably well but not in the Engine.ini file in the "WindowsNoEditor" folder but in the "Windows" folder.
(..AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\Windows\Engine.ini)
Yeah. I forgot "WindowsNoEditor" is for the UE4 version of the game. UE5 use new "Windows" folder

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes