Prussian56

Aug 29, 2020
Is there anything else to do after killing Rhoc? I only have Koodie's Field Trip and she's stuck between some rocks.

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
can i start playing using the UE5 or do i first play UE4?
Depends on your PC specs, this is the different engines Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Engine 5.
Obviously 5 is more advanced and looks better. However for the time being, until kinks are ironed out. It will run worse. Anyone that can run Unreal Engine 5 version on their PC will be playing that version instead since it has more content and better graphics.

If your PC isn't very powerful, you may want to look at Unreal Engine 4 version of the game, easier to run, but quite outdated.

Reactions: goldenpebbles

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
Show some screenshots showing the power of Lumen and awesome Skin Shaders.
Your profile pic made me chuckle so alright, here you go. I should mention the shadows on Lumen get fixed after cycling the options. Note that I've left it default at Global Illumination and Reflection both set to "Epic". Not sure how I'd test the skin shader but let's be real, I dont really care enough to do that properly anyway.

Enjoy your 4th of July

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hakarlman

exter

May 29, 2017
By the way, since people are talking about Lumen and Global Illumination. Would someone who got the new version and also a VR headset test, if they got shadows only on one eye? As in, turn Lumen or Global Illumination on, switch to VR and then close one of your eyes and check if the shadows look different on the other eye.
I set up a simple scene with just two characters in sandbox (nothing else, no extra lights or props) and with Lumen it looked kind of weired in VR until i realised, that one eye had different shadows. The overlap of these different pictures made it weird.

Would be nice if someone could confirm that, or if its something on my side. I never seen something like this with any other VR stuff. Im using a Valve Index, in case that makes any difference.

This might also be interesting for AdeptusSteve, in case you guys have the possibility to try this out. Maybe its a bug with VR and UE5.

ISAK STANKOVIC

Dec 25, 2017
By the way, since people are talking about Lumen and Global Illumination. Would someone who got the new version and also a VR headset test, if they got shadows only on one eye? As in, turn Lumen or Global Illumination on, switch to VR and then close one of your eyes and check if the shadows look different on the other eye.
I set up a simple scene with just two characters in sandbox (nothing else, no extra lights or props) and with Lumen it looked kind of weired in VR until i realised, that one eye had different shadows. The overlap of these different pictures made it weird.

Would be nice if someone could confirm that, or if its something on my side. I never seen something like this with any other VR stuff. Im using a Valve Index, in case that makes any difference.

This might also be interesting for AdeptusSteve, in case you guys have the possibility to try this out. Maybe its a bug with VR and UE5.
I can confirm there is a glitch in VR and it has been for a longh time.....way before Lumen. Left eye is displaying eluminated textures and right is not. It comes to play when using lighsources that cast shadows and is random

m300

Oct 12, 2019
the UE5 version not working for me
when i get to the old wild life map there is nothing except dirt no characters no objects just the rocks and the ground
do i need to download something to make it work?

Malchain

Nov 23, 2019
the UE5 version not working for me
when i get to the old wild life map there is nothing except dirt no characters no objects just the rocks and the ground
do i need to download something to make it work?
That stuff was removed from that map.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes