GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
Anyone has issues of textures on characters going basically to the lowest quality possible? 0 detail. I've custom map where I can run anywhere from 55 to 85 FPS (so pretty ok performance for lumen settings) but with Lumen characters just loses all the detail. I wonder if this is VRAM issue. I've just 8gb rip. I've just handful of characters and I hid many of them. Wall/block textures are perfectly fine.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
General remark: while i can now run the UT5 versions (with a new updated graphic card)... the old UT4 version runs by far smoother and still looks very good. Even with my new card (but old PC) i can not play the "story mode" with UT5 due to performance issue... 3 frames per second :)

At least i can live in the sandbox in UT5 as long as i have not too much characters.
OMG, what new gpu gives you 3fps - you bought rx6300?

Reactions: kitkat_bru

Semetrika

Jan 24, 2023
Anyone has issues of textures on characters going basically to the lowest quality possible? 0 detail. I've custom map where I can run anywhere from 55 to 85 FPS (so pretty ok performance for lumen settings) but with Lumen characters just loses all the detail. I wonder if this is VRAM issue. I've just 8gb rip. I've just handful of characters and I hid many of them. Wall/block textures are perfectly fine.
This issue cause Vram mostly. What i know more characters or interiers increase vram usage. They still investigate issue what i read in discord.

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
Thought this game was in dev hell before the U5 update. It's even worse now. This might not be completed until Elder Scrolls 6 releases, and Bethesda just announced that they are actually starting development now.

Understandably, moving to UE 5 creates more work as Carnal Instinct is doing the same. Though, Carnal Instinct seems to have optimization controlled better so at least what they have ported is playable.

First issue, strangely, at first the game wasn't using my dedicated video card and instead was using the integrated GPU. Easy fix user side, but wtf? Not sure how that happened since it's an UE game and those are automatically recognized as such. Might just be an oddity.
Even with mostly set medium graphics settings, foliage low, and then later trying all low, FPS never really reaches or stays at/above 60. Also memory leak. Runs out of VRAM after 20 minutes of playing. At least on the main menu I can get over 200 FPS.

Hopefully these issues get fixed soon. Hard to show off what you got going if what is essentially a EA demo is unplayable.

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
It's a bug with the Unreal Engine 5 itself and how it handles textures, especially on moving objects like characters. The Lumen setting is basically busted if you don't have an RTX graphics card, and even then it's not reliable, so use Screen Space instead.

Of course it doesn't help that the game in general hasn't gone through much optimization. You could try turning down some settings to high though, it does help a little bit and has minimal differences from ultra.

SurverX

Jun 3, 2018
In general: it would be nice if there was a "modding support" for this game. Where modder can create custome bodies, clother and of course cutome futas and penises :)

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
Thought this game was in dev hell before the U5 update. It's even worse now. This might not be completed until Elder Scrolls 6 releases, and Bethesda just announced that they are actually starting development now.

Understandably, moving to UE 5 creates more work as Carnal Instinct is doing the same. Though, Carnal Instinct seems to have optimization controlled better so at least what they have ported is playable.

First issue, strangely, at first the game wasn't using my dedicated video card and instead was using the integrated GPU. Easy fix user side, but wtf? Not sure how that happened since it's an UE game and those are automatically recognized as such. Might just be an oddity.
Even with mostly set medium graphics settings, foliage low, and then later trying all low, FPS never really reaches or stays at/above 60. Also memory leak. Runs out of VRAM after 20 minutes of playing. At least on the main menu I can get over 200 FPS.

Hopefully these issues get fixed soon. Hard to show off what you got going if what is essentially a EA demo is unplayable.
I've had none of these issues. What specs are you running if you can't get over 60 fps? Game runs just fine normal dev made gameplay on modern gaming pc. You can however totally overwhelm it with custom maps you can create. However I never had any kind of memory leak where game would run out of vram and stop working or something.

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
It's a bug with the Unreal Engine 5 itself and how it handles textures, especially on moving objects like characters. The Lumen setting is basically busted if you don't have an RTX graphics card, and even then it's not reliable, so use Screen Space instead.

Of course it doesn't help that the game in general hasn't gone through much optimization. You could try turning down some settings to high though, it does help a little bit and has minimal differences from ultra.
Oh Ive RTX card. I've no issues driving game on high FPS even with lumen but it seems like vram limit bugs out engine/game so even though I have 80 fps with lumen game still forces character textures to low quality. Disabling ''volumetrics'' (and virtual shadow maps?) helped me a ton and I rarely get bad textures now which is interesting. Even lumen on.

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Oh Ive RTX card. I've no issues driving game on high FPS even with lumen but it seems like vram limit bugs out engine/game so even though I have 80 fps with lumen game still forces character textures to low quality. Disabling ''volumetrics'' (and virtual shadow maps?) helped me a ton and I rarely get bad textures now which is interesting. Even lumen on.
Good to know there is a sort of fix by disabling volumetrics and shadow maps

Makes it really seem like it must be issues with the engine itself then and how it handles everything going on, since the game does use a lot of VRAM since there is a lack of optimization

• Angry
Reactions: Fapokso

NitroSM

Dec 1, 2018
I've had none of these issues. What specs are you running if you can't get over 60 fps? Game runs just fine normal dev made gameplay on modern gaming pc. You can however totally overwhelm it with custom maps you can create. However I never had any kind of memory leak where game would run out of vram and stop working or something.
Tried running game again. I can get to 60+ on mostly low/medium setting and Lumen off. I have a RTX 2070 MaxQ. I can play a little longer than before but the VRAM memory issue still exists. My RTX has 8 GB VRAM. Might try disabling volumetric fog and whatever virtual shadow maps setting does, but honestly don't care too much since the new version looks like an even earlier state of build than before. Just gonna wait another 5 years for this game to be more than an animation viewer I guess.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes