JRGrass1414

Nov 27, 2020
Interesting. I've played around with independent transformers for now (each with 1 prop), and just programmed them to move the next prop when the initial prop reaches the end. I also made sure to show/hide props so that it looks like one single cube is moving through space when in reality there are 3 cubes with different routes. The downside of this method, however, is that it requires multiple props and events, which can be troublesome for map management and maintenance.

View attachment 3352173

Oh, this is nice. I assume you can just nest transformers almost infinitely, having a single prop go through complex routes as a result. Very cool!

One weird (and pleasant) thing I've noticed, is that transformers can somehow combine route movements and make props travel in unexpected ways. For example, here I have the 3-level transformer setup, and when going from end to start (2nd transformer, after messing with 1st coords), instead of moving directly (with rotation applied), my cube does this wide turn thing. I kinda like it, even though I have no idea how it happened. :LOL: Shows that there's a lot of hidden potential in these functions, but it's not that easy to uncover.

View attachment 3352220

I think I'll be combining these two methods (independent transformers + nested transformers) to create some interesting prop animations, but I really do hope that the developed animation sequencer will make my life much easier. :geek:
Ended up using independent transformers for complex animations. At least they can be easily modified to make prop routes predictable, when in case of nested transformers the prop may just fly away because you have to pay attention to coordinates dependacies. So, I guess for now I'm stuck with invisible prop duplicates until animation sequencer comes out. :whistle:

ezgif-2-85501bbcfe.gif

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Please, why do I have such textures in the game ?
View attachment 3374495 ?
The buildings and some of the pre-placed props and plants on the map are placeholders and are untextured.

The reason for the ground and your character's skin and clothing and such being so lowres/blurry is because your GPU ran out of VRAM. You can fix it by lowering some graphics settings, especially the texture quality setting since there is almost no difference between high and ultra, but ultra uses twice as much VRAM as high.

lg123

Dec 11, 2018
Gonna be a bold assumption any of these handful of people in here arguing to argue are in a relationship. They're pretty insufferable on a message board, I can't imagine anyone trapped with them nearly 24/7 would want to live for very long. But they do love making people out to be victims, so that might just be a power move.

For a handful of people who think its a "scam" or "don't care" about the game, they sure do a ton of caring by being here on and off multiple times a week to pick fights about the state of the game. Sounds like someone who is pretty invested and cares to me.
A friend I met in college 22 years ago is married, has two kids, long and stable professional career. Etc. Recently he confided in me that he secretly loves to troll people online and on facebook. I laughed because I tangentially know the people he trolls so while its amusing to me personally, it really struck me to stop extrapolating what a persons life is from just a tiny faceted part of their day, because his demeanor and outward presentation say "clean cut, family man, good head on his shoulders" but there is a part where he'll lounge on a couch some evenings and... just fuck with people or argue about dumb shit, and people are none the wiser that it isn't some psychopath who managed to get an internet connection at an asylum.

Just food for thought.

Another thing to consider is that we live in an age of grift, between multilevel marketing, crypto scams, alternative "medicine" etc. Odds are overwhelming that you know someone on a first name basis who's been negatively impacted by a genuine grift -- and victims of grifts and fraud have a tendency to remain silent about it (something like just under half keep quiet). But I'll bet you the farm that people within their circle, if privy to the grift, tried to tell them they're being a mark. The warning signs get ignored, willfully, by the mark. And not all scams are "Hi I'm Mr IRS, please pay me in iTunes gift cards" level of scam, its a spectrum and some things are right on the border of "blatant scam" to "this only partially meets the criteria of a scam".

There is a special level of frustration you feel when you warn people of something and they're bullheaded about it, have the grift blow up in their face, and they just pretend like nothing ever happened. There isn't anything else like it, because ultimately the person blowing the whistle is trying to help, but they're always the bad guy until the victim later on pretends like they had no way of knowing.

So yea you should actually expect people who, in their own opinion, think something is afoot to argue. I spent time (time during my bathroom breaks occasionally) to warn people of the day before, but I did so earnestly, and watching the number of sales on launch day just made me want to throw my hands up and say "yeah, people who buy games should just get ripped off, fuck these morons and their idiot dollars". Steam bailed out the idiots who bought that trash so I'm unsure if anyone learned anything. Some people here care about the game and want to hold the developer to accountable to the significant cashflow compared to the production that has been shown even in just the last three to four years. And yes, people who aren't current patreon supporters do have a vested interest in that this is one of the larget adult games on patreon and it easily signals how other projects can operate; either with absolutely no accountability and no standards, or with supporters acting in their own self interest and keeping their money in projects that show production.

Let me ask you people a very direct and pointed question/request; flip the script, go ahead and ignore the doubters here (as some already do) for a moment and instead try to piece together how and where people are getting the idea that wildlife is less than sterling. Where do you think people are getting these views from? If you are honest to yourself, and impartially switch roles from the defense attorney to the prosecutor, you should have no problem with examining the complains and where they stem from.

Reactions: Wlms

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
Reading you all guys is a pain in the ass, seriously. I did not read anything constructive in two damn pages since my last message posted before today.
Only a few exception including some relevant laughs because I really do like some pure comedy-kills-the-hate I use myself.

So, a few answers/feedback, in my critical yet constructive spirit that's by now like a trademark of mine I'd say [how strange only UE5 developers like me have that spirit here, right? So many John Snow around here...]:

I have no rating for goats but I admit they have a bunch of outstanding orgiastic animated combinations with exhilarating "UH-AHH-UH-HA-OOHHHHAAGHL-HA-AHHH-UUH-HA-HA" expression of goaty pleasure.
I'm personally a huge fan of those orgiastic feasts and gang-bang style stuff and honestly that's what I always look up for first when a new release comes out! Ain't no surprise how that's where I would push the Animations development to, in the project, at this point AdeptusSteve
I mean, the animations we can use on characters are so many and so various within positions-range [missionary, from behind, plank, whatever] we can really enjoy making any possible combination right now. Hence I would personally encourage the animators, and I would do that myself, to use some imagination to make more group-sex combination since some of those possibilities had still no push further one or two variations only. So... more group-sex combos and, last but not least, some work on putting those animations in a logic order that makes changes more fluent [no sense to put two missionary in a row, then a standing from behind and then back to missionary which make characters "lose momentum", if you know what I mean!

Anyway... the game goes smoother now, at least for me, even after summoning many characters at once. Speaking of whom, I'd put some work on assigning actual activities rather than just walking around aimlessly. Something like AI Life asset does, like sending some characters to sleep, other to guard or whatever their role in the game would be. That would give a better sense of life.
I hope I expressed my suggestions/ideas well. I'm exhausted so I'm writing things down as they come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thedumbtoad

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
I forgot to give my feedback to who asked for the specs to run WildLife... my laptop went broken, motherboard gone, so I'm using my mule which is basically not much different yet less powerful. You can compare this down below with the one in my signature.
Obviously those Corsair Vengeance 32 GB [16x2] of RAM are the same banks "relocated" from my main laptop.

The game is running in Epic settings with enabled Lumen, and I'm not so maniac about having the game going beyond those 20FPS I reach [will never understand why should have over 60FPS until I'll actually experience the difference!].

My mule:
HP OMEN 17 by HP Laptop

Sys: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (10.0, Build 19045)
Proc.: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 4/8
MthrBrd: HP 825F
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB [16x2]
G.C.: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB)
Res Set-Up: 4K DSR at 3480x2160 60Hz

lidinx

Oct 13, 2018
Found a fix to my FPS issue:

I've got an Intel Arc A770, I have the Arc Control auto start on my PC. That shit was limiting my GPU. I exit the program, go from 10FPS in 1080p to 120FPS in 4k.

If you have something different, it might be the Nvidia program or similar.

ponypon35

Jun 20, 2021
Glad to see female kerpali x tentacle animations in the newest update.Just hope that adeptussteve will add all 5 versions soon:)

Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
i mean a sandbox game would have gameplay that allows the user to create their own content like minecraft with blocks or fallout 4 with settlements. if the user has to create gameplay in the first place then thats not a sandbox game thats a developement tool for an engine . personally i dont consider garrys mod a game for example because theres nothing to play until i download someone elses content like trouble in terrorist town wich i do consider to be a game.

Its like arguing a wood workshop is a game because you can make a wooden chess board with pieces if you work for a few hours.

If there is user made content for wildlife wich resembles a game then that itself is a game not wildlife.

now i just returned to this game after 4 years and i really have to say that im surprised that the entire map that i was playing got removed again like i remember seeing relatively working scenes and spawning enemies on an entirely different map and now it feels less finnished.

whatever i take a look again in 4 years.

Last edited:

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
i mean a sandbox game would have gameplay that allows the user to create their own content like minecraft with blocks or fallout 4 with settlements. if the user has to create gameplay in the first place then thats not a sandbox game thats a developement tool for an engine . personally i dont consider garrys mod a game for example because theres nothing to play until i download someone elses content like trouble in terrorist town wich i do consider to be a game.

Its like arguing a wood workshop is a game because you can make a wooden chess board with pieces if you work for a few hours.

If there is user made content for wildlife wich resembles a game then that itself is a game not wildlife.

now i just returned to this game after 4 years and i really have to say that im surprised that the entire map that i was playing got removed again like i remember seeing relatively working scenes and spawning enemies on an entirely different map and now it feels less finnished.

These people probably think unreal engine and unity are also sandbox games because they function literally same as WL's "sandbox".

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Aren't you the same person talking about devs wasting time doing x,y,z but now you're saying they should waste time making a sit interaction that has zero purpose in the game right now?
Ayyy lmao, this guy thinks this is a game :KEK:
What's your level bruh? How many bosses have you slain? Did you get any legendary loot yet? Fucking palworld(currently at version 0.1.4.1 :ROFLMAO:) is more of a game than this "game" :D And yes, it has functional sandbox, complete with interactive furniture, gameplay mechanics etc. You gotta be brain damaged to believe WL is a game even after 7+ years of development :p

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019

An easy example that's pretty similar to what Wild Life has going on is Little Big Planet. Little Big Planet had your usual campaign and it had a sandbox/building mode. The sandbox started off completely blank, same as sandbox in Wild Life, and people had to make their own maps/content and then shared it with others to be played. Exact same thing. Minecraft also has the option of starting a world completely blank and building from nothing. Virt-A-Mate also starts off completely from nothing.

Wild Life isn't the first nor will it be the last with this kind of Sandbox. I've never played Garry's mod but I personally still consider it a game if it allows you to make content for it to be played.

If we're being real there's a very big difference between a game that lets you create content in it and an actual game engine.

EDIT: Here are some timelapse examples of creations in Little Big Planet. These clips hit me with a truck of nostalgia lol, loved these games when I was a kid.

Anyway, it functions very similar to Wild Life.

Last edited:
Reactions: limesseur

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Does it have any kind of story already?
Campaign in development, just some WIP missions atm. Personally would recommend just holding off on the game if you don't want to deal with early unpolished version of missions.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
I'm happy some pure sandbox fans are enjoying it, but to more casual people it kind of seems like more (great) scenes in a worse game than 3 years ago. Are more animations still the area of focus? That aspect seem pretty well developed by now, compared to others

Ybnbnbb

Jul 18, 2021
When I press "i" to open the inventory, the game just freezes. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me? (translated with Google Translate)

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
When I press "i" to open the inventory, the game just freezes. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me? (translated with Google Translate)
The crashes that happens when going into inventory or when trying to look at sex animation list is caused by using dx12 with AMD GPUs, switch to dx11 to fix.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mariomm and Ybnbnbb
Jun 11, 2020
My fps is mostly stable at 45 but my textures look like shit. Specifically foliage and water. Characters usually look fine. All the settings are maxed but changing them doesn't fix anything, neither does changing resolution. For reference I have an intel Arc750 GPU and a ryzen 5500 cpu. It can run other unreal games fine but the only instance where this game has looked passable was the fishing village in the old UE4 version. Every other location there looks terrible too.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes