Mar 18, 2018
Now THATS a topic I can get behind.
Personally the piggy dudes really started to grow on me-ermm I mean Maya. So they are my new number one..

Also on the topic of copy+paste I wanna share with you an industry secret that no dev has ever told you because it would show you how scammy and cheaparsed we are. But you didnt hear this from me... here it comes:

The way I make new characters of the same skeletal base is indeed copy paste. Look!
I know yea they look a bit samey but heck, it took a whole 2 clicks to make, can you blame me?
View attachment 3371024

From my POV, there's something so hot about some old goat close to his end trying to get some last few knock ups with Maya before he croaks :p

Asura066

May 3, 2018
Now THATS a topic I can get behind.
Personally the piggy dudes really started to grow on me-ermm I mean Maya. So they are my new number one..

Also on the topic of copy+paste I wanna share with you an industry secret that no dev has ever told you because it would show you how scammy and cheaparsed we are. But you didnt hear this from me... here it comes:

The way I make new characters of the same skeletal base is indeed copy paste. Look!
I know yea they look a bit samey but heck, it took a whole 2 clicks to make, can you blame me?
View attachment 3371024
I was referring to sex animation they could have at least made different animation for different characters. instead of having the same set of animation for the same skeletons.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
I was referring to sex animation they could have at least made different animation for different characters. instead of having the same set of animation for the same skeletons.
If they use the same skeletons there's no reason to arbitrarily restrict animations to specific characters.

There are animations that were contextually made for specific characters but you can use them on anyone with the same rig.

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Does UE5 version have less content than UE4?
UE5 version has more animations, the sandbox has more to it, the new map is in this version, and the UE5 version has the start of the story mode. This version is also the one actively being worked on, the UE4 version is only still available for older computers and hardware and is no longer getting support or updates to it.

djr7

Mar 20, 2018
you are essentially advocating for locking animation sets behind specific character skins that share a skeleton
which sounds abolsutely rediculous.
they basically make animation sets for specific characters already and then allow them to be used by other characters. There's an a specific animation set for Lala that you can use for maya and other maya-based skeleton characters, are you telling me you don't want that?

Asura066

May 3, 2018
you are essentially advocating for locking animation sets behind specific character skins that share a skeleton
which sounds abolsutely rediculous.
they basically make animation sets for specific characters already and then allow them to be used by other characters. There's an a specific animation set for Lala that you can use for maya and other maya-based skeleton characters, are you telling me you don't want that?
That's not what I am referring too. What I want is animations for different body types and different skeletons. Meaning if you add Big Boobs and Butt it does not clip or stretch the skins during animation playing. As for Maya based skeleton the humans can share the same skeletons that's fine but I prefer the Kerpali to have different animations based on that kind of creature they are. So yes to specific characters but within reason.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
That's not what I am referring too. What I want is animations for different body types and different skeletons. Meaning if you add Big Boobs and Butt it does not clip or stretch the skins during animation playing. As for Maya based skeleton the humans can share the same skeletons that's fine but I prefer the Kerpali to have different animations based on that kind of creature they are. So yes to specific characters but within reason.
FWIW they do shared skeletons because it reduces the amount of work needed versus having to animate for a bunch of different skeletons. If people think progress is slow now, it'd be alot worse if they had to also animate for 10-20 different skeletons. Other games work the same way too, it just helps with the workload. I think Wild Life would have benefited more from having a proper character creation similar to Illusion games(Honey Select, AI Shoujo, Koikatsu, etc) instead of just editing characters. People could customize however they want and gauge themselves how thicc or thin they want characters so that they still look nice with animations.

Reactions: limesseur

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Unfortunately there's no practical way to create this level of quality animations while also having the ability to *NOT* clip for different sized butts/boobs/skeletons.

If that's something that's desired, the best bet would be talking to some of the people making in game animations and doing a request or commission(if anyone accepts those), or alternatively creating your own.

Getting into custom animations for this game is really time consuming and reasonably difficult, though there was a better custom animation system that was teased by Adeptus Steve (Source here: ), which would cause many of the already current talented animators that create content in sandbox to skyrocket in content production. As well as hopefully making it more accessible to people who want to try it themselves.

Purple = TLDR

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Does UE5 version have less content than UE4?
The UE4 vertical slice is just a relatively small demo of what they intend for the main game to look like, they could do that because they limited the map size, it's much smaller than the current UE5 map.
You should check it out if you haven't, just don't come complain that the UE5 version doesn't look like that yet, the two can't be compared in terms of scale and it's going to take time for all the different parts of the world to reach that level.

To answer your question, no, it does not have more content, it has way less, but what's there is more polished.

Reactions: limesseur

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
That was just my opinion, and that doesn't mean this game isn't a scam
I mean subverse, fallen doll, pure onyx and more abandoned games.
Subverse isn't abandoned, they have dev diaries at the end of every month and the last actual game update was around Christmas.
As long as devs communicate what's happening and release a few times during the year it's not abandoned, if there's only a single update for a whole year consisting of minor tweaks then i'd say it's getting into the "scam" territory, then the game is not a priority for them and they don't deserve support.

But that's not true for Wild Life nor Subverse.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes