Chains123

Apr 20, 2020
I see you never tried SC lol.
im not even interested in it neither in buying the game or bashing it, but the trailer says absolutely nothing its just a render of game assets with better graphics then the actual game the only footage that matters is gameplay i just wanted to point out that posting that kind of trailer is no evidence for anything since its just manufactured hype material for consumers.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
these kinds of trailers tell absolutely nothing just look at the devblogs for a game called "dead matter" they made the game look really good in those videos and when you play it its nothing like it.

I believe what i see when someone who doesnt want to sell me something has access to the game and is free to record everything without editing the footage.
Don't want to go too far off topic but Star Citizen has quarterly updates consistently, going over what's in the works and a stream talking to devs every Friday plus they do free fly events which are essentially free to play events where you can play the game for free for a few weeks multiple times throughout each year. Literally nothing is hidden about development behind that game and you can see what's up with it and play it absolutely free. Plus, thanks to the weekly videos you can easily go back and see how it has all progressed over the years. AFAIK they've been consistently doing those weekly videos since 2016, or at least that's when I learned about SC, so as far back as patch 2.5, and they're coming up on patch 3.23(three point twenty three). Patch 2.6 going to patch 3.0 was probably the most significant patch SC has received which drastically changed the game and first implemented the full scale moons/planets that were demonstrated in the Star Engine video.

EDIT: I was curious so I went back and checked, the weekly shows have been going on since 2014.

To be completely frank, if anyone feels info is lacking on SC or not enough gameplay is shown, it's because they're purposely not looking for any. It's way too easy to see how the game has been progressing over the years, they literally show all the good and bad which probably contributes to all the scam claims since they also show off all the ugly amongst the good.

SC has been in dev for a really long time, but to be fair they definitely have the progress to show for it if you compare older builds to what's in-game now.

Wild Life devs actually reminds me of CIG a little with how Steve does the livestreams animating sometimes and how they're pretty consistent with Patreon updates and updating the game in general every 2 or so months. I wish more developers of early access/patreon games would adapt the weekly or bi-weekly format of making videos talking about what they're working on. Gives a lot of insight for their supporters and actually shows they're doing something to ease the doubt a little.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: limesseur and Wlms

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
To be completely frank, if anyone feels info is lacking on SC or not enough gameplay is shown, it's because they're purposely not looking for any.
And in the same vein, if someone somehow doesn't see the videos/streams showing the issues, bugs and various crashes (some of said bugs dating back from 2014) and the general lack of content in regard of the work said to be done in the official and heavily curated CIG videos, it's because they're purposely choosing to ignore them.

Again, basing your thought on the official shows coming from CIG doesn't prove anything. As you said it, they're been at it since 2014. They might not be "hiding anything", yet when backers started to get (legitimately) angry towards the regulars features release misses, they choose to remove the Roadmap because of backers making too much "noise" and "being roadmap watchers".

Anyway, I won't go further regarding CIG and Star Citizen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fuchsschweif

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
And in the same vein, if someone somehow doesn't see the videos/streams showing the issues, bugs and various crashes (some of said bugs dating back from 2014) and the general lack of content in regard of the work said to be done in the official and heavily curated CIG videos, it's because they're purposely choosing to ignore them.
Can you gives examples of this? The game is buggy at times for sure, but a lot of times people make these kind of claims regurgitating what others that haven't played the game have said. I've been playing SC on and off since 2016 so I'm legitimately curious what bugs you're referring to that has been in since 2014. I've seen and reported all kinds so if you can give examples of the older ones there's a good chance I'll know what you're talking about. Specifically ones from 2014 that are still present in current patch?

Also, what do you mean by, "general lack of content in regard of the work said to be done in the official and heavily curated CIG videos"? Like I actually don't get this. Are you saying the content shown in their videos are fake? Because if that's the case, you can actually find gameplay videos of it by actual players. As a matter of fact, those trailers demonstrating gameplay are usually of new patches or events going live(update releasing and becoming playable). The only content from trailers that don't go live at the same time are from their citizen cons which is a convention to show off stuff coming in future patches.

You don't have to take my word for any of this either, you can search this on Youtube to see it for yourself.

Last edited:

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Can you gives examples of this? The game is buggy at times for sure, but a lot of times people make claims basically just regurgitating what others that haven't played the game have said. Like I said, I've been playing SC on and off since 2016 so I'm legitimately curious what bugs you're referring to that has been in since 2014. I've seen and reported all kinds so can you give examples of the older ones, from 2014 specifically that are still present? A lot of the bugs that existed back in 2016 were patched up.
I advice you to check Camural's YT channel. He's an OG backer, playing the game regularly afaik, and does videos specifically pointing out those issues.
In the same vein, videos released on Golgot100's channel.

With that, I'm stopping the discussion about SC in this thread. My dms are open if you want to discuss it further though.

• Haha
Reactions: Fuchsschweif

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
I advice you to check Camural's YT channel. He's an OG backer, playing the game regularly afaik, and does videos specifically pointing out those issues.
In the same vein, videos released on Golgot100's channel.

With that, I'm stopping the discussion about SC in this thread. My dms are open if you want to discuss it further though.
I actually do know Camural, his videos are more informational related to balance changes made in new patches or ships/vehicles introduced, not covering bugs, unless it was the shield bug specifically which he did test for often because it was one that plagued the game for a while. Camural's content has been that way since around patch 2.6 or 3.0. Golgot's content also isn't on bugs just looking through their videos. They look to be timelapse videos showing what was said in the weekly shows over the years.

I asked you to name bugs specifically knowing you couldn't because those are the same kinds of comments repeated about SC all the time, and usually they can't be backed up. Not trying to get on your case about SC, it's just that so many people basically bandwagon repeating what they heard in comments not knowing what they're talking about. Again, SC can be buggy, I've experienced a good amount over the years, but majority of the time people talking about bugs in SC can't even name any specifically because they're just copying what they saw someone else say not knowing whether the bug they're talking about is even still in the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Wlms

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
some WIP proof of concept for a FNAF style gameplay
currentlyfunctional camera system, power, and operational doors.
video is sped up 50%

Did you use lua for any of this? I know the ability to use lua for stuff was added fairly recently but haven't seen any good examples of how it can be applied in sandbox.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
Lol, if you think this amounts to anything of substance then you need to lay off the kool-aid.
It's showing off the engine, i don't really care at all about Star Citizen, just saying that saying "not very far" is not accurate and i don't care enough to elaborate, watch some youtube videos or something.

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
im not even interested in it neither in buying the game or bashing it, but the trailer says absolutely nothing its just a render of game assets with better graphics then the actual game the only footage that matters is gameplay i just wanted to point out that posting that kind of trailer is no evidence for anything since its just manufactured hype material for consumers.
It's funny you didn't even press play on that video since otherwise you would know better.

• Haha

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
I asked you to name bugs specifically knowing* you couldn't because those are the same kinds of comments repeated about SC all the time, and usually they can't be backed up.
Oh, you want to be like that. Ok, let's do it.
-Stairs killing you
-Elevators killing you
-AI still randomly having brain meltdown
-Invisible asteroids ending up destroying your ships
-Ship randomly exploding
-Servers shitting themselves, resulting in 30k and crashes.

Those are few common ones, still unresolved (there are way more). Why did I told you to go and look on Youtube? Because, for one, it's not my fucking job to inform you, and for two, yeah, I can't remember the whole fucking backlog of issues SC has.

I told you to continue this discussion in dms, if you wanted, but you chose to go the disinginous and bad-faithed way commonly found with SC fanboys, and do it here. Fine, don't go and search for the videos pointing out those bugs, and various threads available on the official reddit, Spectrum or other forums, not that I care much. Ignore reality all you want.

But stop making assumptions and spewing lies (2nd time you're doing that) regarding me, to try and brush out the points I'm making.

And, with all due respect, kindly fuck off, that'd be appreciated.

Edit : *to clarify : you don't know shit, you purposefully decide to ignore reality, because that makes things easier for you to deal with.

Last edited:

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019

You know that creating a buzz doesn't means something's revolutionary, right?
Right?
Learn to read, maybe you'll be able to extract more info from my posts then rather than only "it created a buzz".
I literally explained the difference. And no, people aren't widely around the web "shocked" because Star Citizen does now have features that games had for 25 years.

For instance, nobody was shocked when they heard that you can equip items in Star Citizen.

Stop playing dumb, if you don't want to be perceived as dumb.

For real, you can tell me, how many NFTs ships have you bought?
0 since I've never played the game.
Try your next strawman.

• Haha

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Oh, you want to be like that. Ok, let's do it.
-Stairs killing you
-Elevators killing you
These I can give you credit for since it does still happen from time to time, but I will say these kind of bugs also happen in other games and pretty commonly. Things like falling through the map or dying to random stuff are the kinds of dumb bugs you see in a lot of games, though not making excuses for SC.

-AI still randomly having brain meltdown
This isn't a bug, AI response time is tied to server stability, this is why there are reports on AI being cracked in fresh servers versus AI being dumb in older/decaying servers.

-Invisible asteroids ending up destroying your ships
This one I'm not familiar with but from looking it up is a recent bug, not and older one from around 2014. But if your point is the prove SC has bugs then you're right, invisible asteroids is a bug from 6~ months ago(from what I could find) that might still be present.

-Ship randomly exploding
This is an old bug I've experienced in a few patches back but haven't seen this in recent patches, do you have examples? I couldn't find anything recent or anything on it in the bug tracker.

-Servers shitting themselves, resulting in 30k and crashes.
This one I can give you credit for but I will say isn't exclusive to Star Citizen. Servers shitting the bed happens in AAA games as well, Helldivers 2 has been getting hammer this past week for example.

Those are few common ones, still unresolved (there are way more). Why did I told you to go and look on Youtube? Because, for one, it's not my fucking job to inform you, and for two, yeah, I can't remember the whole fucking backlog of issues SC has.
If you're making claims you should be prepared to back them up,
I asked for some examples, not a whole backlog. You spoke as if you were informed on SC in replies to others hence me asking for some examples to see if you were just repeating comments you've seen or speaking based on your own actual experience with the game.

I told you to continue this discussion in dms, if you wanted, but you chose to go the disinginous and bad-faithed way commonly found with SC fanboys, and do it here.
I continued the discussion here because while it's off topic admittedly, this is where the conversation started and others are contributing. If asking for you to provide examples is being a bad-faithed disingenuous fanboy, then sure, I fit the bill.

Fine, don't go and search for the videos pointing out those bugs, and various threads available on the official reddit, Spectrum or other forums, not that I care much. Ignore reality all you want.
Like I said, I've been playing the game on and off for years, I've seen and reported a ton of bugs, have discussed on Spectrum and the old forum before the switch to Spectrum, the whole mile. My point wasn't to pretend bugs don't exist in SC but to call out regurgitating comments seen instead of speaking on your own experiences.

But stop making assumptions and spewing lies (2nd time you're doing that) regarding me, to try and brush out the points I'm making.

And, with all due respect, kindly fuck off, that'd be appreciated.

Edit : *to clarify : you don't know shit, you purposefully decide to ignore reality, because that makes things easier for you to deal with.
Interesting how your tone changes when asked to back up what you're saying. Feel free to quote where I've made any assumptions or spewed lies about you by the way, kinda curious what you're referring to.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Guess this is the Star Citizen thread now :HideThePain:

Have you guys considered doing short 5-10min vids going over what you guys are working on? Would be nice imo, could be a once a week bi-weekly thing. Outside of CIG, I know Baldur's Gate 3 devs also did videos where they talked about things, just not as frequently. Would be a nice addition I think.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Have you guys considered doing short 5-10min vids going over what you guys are working on? Would be nice imo, could be a once a week bi-weekly thing. Outside of CIG, I know Baldur's Gate 3 devs also did videos where they talked about things, just not as frequently. Would be a nice addition I think.
yea I tried that in the past but I prefer doing it in posts. less time consuming, leaves more time for work.. but if you guys think it could help make such dev updates more approachable I could give it another go.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
yea I tried that in the past but I prefer doing it in posts. less time consuming, leaves more time for work.. but if you guys think it could help make such dev updates more approachable I could give it another go.
Just my opinion but I do think a verbal approach explaining and showing off what you guys are tackling would be received well. Could do a poll or something to see what others think.

3.80 star(s) 172 Votes