Asura066

May 3, 2018
You'd stick to playing rpgm games with that pc? Lmao. That graphics card(rtx 2080) is still capable of playing latest games at a consistent 60fps, high settings. And i9 9980HK isn't bad by any means.

It has nothing to do with knowing "how to use" it. It is all about expectations, and they are set by developers themselves.

Most fps and tps games(like crysis and deus ex:hr games) have sandbox maps. Most stealth games(like dishonered, splinter cell and hitman games) have sandbox maps. All simulation games(that I know of, like Sims) have sandbox maps. All building/management focused games (like tropico games and two point hospital) have sandbox maps. All strategy and tower defense games (like the riftbreaker, age of empires and red alert games) have sandbox maps.

When you advertise your game as "an open world rpg" people expect "sandbox" with gameplay like those ones I've written above. Not fucking minecraft but worse in every way except animations kind of sandbox.

Credits usually don't mean anything other than "they helped in someway" when it comes to indie games. I've seen some developers who put names of people just because they gave them an idea.

And you said it yourself, not everyone are "monthly employees". So unless you know for sure how many people actually works on this game there is no way to determine if 130k+ per month is only going to the pockets of a few greedy people or 20-30 real employees like you are suggesting.
Those credits can be their patron. If you get the higher tiers your name gets added.

Curelt

Jul 8, 2017
I remember installing it long time ago and it was a beatiful game with amazing graphics but now it looks like a low poly hell and it also lags like gta 9, what happened? Is there some switch to new experimental graphics that i pressed or what? Even if it ran in good fps id still look bad (ultras). Tell me what i did wrong

Reactions: hj56h4j6j45

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
I remember installing it long time ago and it was a beatiful game with amazing graphics but now it looks like a low poly hell and it also lags like gta 9, what happened? Is there some switch to new experimental graphics that i pressed or what? Even if it ran in good fps id still look bad (ultras). Tell me what i did wrong
Other than the WIP models in the campaign mode, you might be experiencing a bug other users have mentioned about blurry textures. Not sure if there's a fix. Could try lowering settings or resolution and see if that helps, could possibly be vram being used up but not sure.

If your frames are tanking you could turn off lumen in the settings or tweak them to your liking.

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
A heartfelt message to the European [Croatia and Hungary] night owls like me who are currently downloading the torrent... please keep on seeding for about 10-15 minutes... I love yours bandwidth! :sneaky:

1708919817091.png

Last edited:

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
I'm curious, what does sandbox mean to you?
Ironically what sandbox means to me is the exact opposite of this goober:
[Kenshi] doesn't have a sandbox like WL does
It's when in Kenshi I set up a base and recruit people, others come on their own to raid and trade, and when I sneak into a rival faction capital and assassinate the leader, their empire falls apart and is taken over in real time. It's not enough to give you the tools to make things, the key element is that a sandbox has to react dynamically and realistically when you poke it. Otherwise you might as well call the Unity engine a sandbox game. Or end up like this guy who is currently making a sidescroller in the least efficient way imaginable short of carving binary code onto stone tablets:
Some people have even made entire mini games. I myself am working on a side-scroller mini game map inspired by Parasite in City. Due to some tool limitations it's a huge, time consuming pain in the ass to actually make a combat system from the ground up and have it work the way you would expect, but it is entirely possible.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Ironically what sandbox means to me is the exact opposite of this goober:

It's when in Kenshi I set up a base and recruit people, others come on their own to raid and trade, and when I sneak into a rival faction capital and assassinate the leader, their empire falls apart and is taken over in real time. It's not enough to give you the tools to make things, the key element is that a sandbox has to react dynamically and realistically when you poke it. Otherwise you might as well call the Unity engine a sandbox game. Or end up like this guy who is currently making a sidescroller in the least efficient way imaginable short of carving binary code onto stone tablets:

I think what some of you guys that dislike this version of sandbox fail to realize is that there is more than one kind of sandbox. What you describe is cool but it obviously isn't the same as what was delivered and continuously complaining about it won't change that. I posted an example of sandbox from Little Big Planet a page or two back because it's extremely similar to Wild Life's, and just like the sandbox in WL, the one in LBP was well received and a bunch of people made their own content using it.

You can have your own preferences and opinions but that doesn't change the fact that the sandbox in WL is a valid game mode that people can enjoy just as much as you enjoy the sandbox in Kenshi or any other game. If you guys don't like it, cool, move on to a game that offers a sandbox you enjoy. I'm sure there's some out there you can find.

If you're waiting for campaign, it wont be done anytime soon, move on to a game that's at a point you feel is acceptable. Theres too many games on this site alone for the same few people to stay complaining about the same things here, especially when there's a good chance none of us paid a dime for this game and we're pirating it completely free.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
I think what some of you guys that dislike this version of sandbox fail to realize is that there is more than one kind of sandbox. What you describe is cool but it obviously isn't the same as what was delivered and continuously complaining about it won't change that. I posted an example of sandbox from Little Big Planet a page or two back because it's extremely similar to Wild Life's, and just like the sandbox in WL, the one in LBP was well received and a bunch of people made their own content using it.

You can have your own preferences and opinions but that doesn't change the fact that the sandbox in WL is a valid game mode that people can enjoy just as much as you enjoy the sandbox in Kenshi or any other game. If you guys don't like it, cool, move on to a game that offers a sandbox you enjoy. I'm sure there's some out there you can find.

If you're waiting for campaign, it wont be done anytime soon, move on to a game that's at a point you feel is acceptable. Theres too many games on this site alone for the same few people to stay complaining about the same things here, especially when there's a good chance none of us paid a dime for this game and we're pirating it completely free.
I think perhaps what's frustrating to so many people is that out of all the projects on this site, this one has perhaps the most potential, and watching it go unrealized is disheartening. It's really the epitome of patreon funded game development, both good and ill.

Last edited:

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021

I was going to troll you (in a friendly manner) with a random comment about Star Citizen but I think the previous debate is still too fresh to make those kind of jokes again :HideThePain:

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
I was going to troll you (in a friendly manner) with a random comment about Star Citizen but I think the previous debate is still too fresh to make those kind of jokes again :HideThePain:
I dont mind SC chats whether they're positive or negative about the game, but I doubt the people here wants to hear anymore about it so let's keep it to WL at least :BootyTime:

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Hello AdeptusSteve are we going to have an option to edit the existed animations or creating our random animations ?! And Are We going to have a multiplayer thing in this game that would be cool :D
We are actually currently working on an animation feature for the sandbox with which you can create your own animations. But this most likely wont be able to edit existing integrated animations.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
I think perhaps what's frustrating to so many people is that out of all the projects on this site, this one has perhaps the most potential, and watching it go unrealized is disheartening. It's really the epitome of patreon funded game development, both good and ill.
I know the feel of seeing a game you have interest in taking a direction you wish it didn't(Fallen Doll), but the game is well received by a good portion of supporters so at some point you just gotta accept it might not be for you. Maybe it'll change down the line at some point, but with WL's sandbox at least they've been consistent enough with how they're developing it that I think they're happy with how it is.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
We are actually currently working on an animation feature for the sandbox with which you can create your own animations. But this most likely wont be able to edit existing integrated animations.
Do you think this new feature makes it easier than how people are currently making custom animations using sandbox tools?

Edit: Btw did a previous patch break older scenes? I still have a few scenes that was shared in the old discord server and noticed they're kinda broken now with prop placement being off and events not firing properly.

Perelik

May 12, 2019
Thats fantastic news. I currently struggle with HoneySelect NEO but it is really frustrating. I dont know how it will be implemented here, but nevertheless, it will be awesome.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Do you think this new feature makes it easier than how people are currently making custom animations using sandbox tools?

Edit: Btw did a previous patch break older scenes? I still have a few scenes that was shared in the old discord server and noticed they're kinda broken now with prop placement being off and events not firing properly.
Oh I estimate this will make custom animations orders of magnitude easier to make. It goes from abstract connections between animated characters, events and poseable characters to simply keyframing objects and attributes.

About the patch breaking older scenes. This is something our coders actively try to prevent whenever something changes internally by creating a so called update path in the sandbox scene loading code. However, old scenes breaking could have various reasons and its best if we get a specific bug report and with the scene in question, and a description of the expected behavior and of the actual outcome.

Reactions: raz100raz100

NickStenton

Feb 26, 2024
I've been following this project for a long time. very, very cool!!! success in development, the main thing is that the developers do not abandon

scoobydoo86

Mar 6, 2021
Of course it's a sandbox when you can place objects, scale them and trigger events...and so on. But we should also bear in mind that this project is predominantly about sexual content. It's all implied on such a huge scale that it's not realistic that this project will ever be finished. And since it's just implied sexual content and the "players" are polishing their palms, the ideas of a sandbox may be somewhat different. From a commercial point of view, something like Naughty Sandbox 2, for example, would probably have been much more worthwhile because it could have been realised with much less effort. But if you prefer real games and see this as a lesson, then the developer has done nothing wrong.

Cloudrunner

May 13, 2020
Is there anything I can do to help with the fur pixelation at closer zoom levels? Like Rasha's tail in PoV camera always gets really pixelated. And Yanu in particular has really "blocky" fur compared to the rest of the characters.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes