McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
Good point regarding that, especially with Subverse. I rarely torrent and play games on the same machine, so tend to forget about disk issues.
When you use the files you already have, do you do so after having played it? How do the files react to being used as a torrent and being played on simultaneously, wouldn't it break either one or the other?
I did so while playing it with no issues (at least none on my end). Neither broke as far as I could tell, the game ran fine and the torrent was seeding happily. Might differ between clients but at least with qBittorrent it doesn't seem like the files get locked for reading or anything. You obviously might have issues trying to delete them (haven't tried this one yet so I'm not sure), but using them is not an issue as far as I can see.
You may run into issues if they're on a slow disk, a HDD or a very dodgy SSD, but on a normal modern-ish SSD it should be fine. After all, games don't read continuously at high speed, and seeding a torrent with up to 30MB/s can't mean more than 30MB/s of read so it should be well within reason.

• Red Heart
Reactions: yilkin

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
I would ask you to explain whatever "fallacy" you think my comments have but that would require logical thinking on your part instead of simping for a lying dev who couldn't keep their promises for 7+ years in a row.
Believe me, I could participate in your fun multi quoting battles but even after a months of hammering it into your head you still wouldn't get it. So I save my time and leave you to be mad about the game and wasting your own time fighting other people here.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Gotta love the absolute logical fallacies of this guy's comments.
Pretty nice try to win an argument by using an educated vocabulary, but it would be more efficient to back your claims with actual precise exemples. Because, so far, it resumes as fancy dressing with zero substance.

Last edited:

meatslinger

Feb 26, 2022
Believe me, I could participate in your fun multi quoting battles but even after a months of hammering it into your head you still wouldn't get it. So I save my time and leave you to be mad about the game and wasting your own time fighting other people here.
I'm almost convinced their whole thing is "meta-masturbation" at this point. They don't get off to WL itself, but they sure as shit do get their rocks off repeatedly telling everyone within listening/reading distance how much they don't like it.

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
I'd put my money on your client having a hard time creating a torrent for an unzipped folder rather than a zip.
I don't know what client you're using, and generally the creation itself shouldn't be an issue, but I'd test with another, see if it changes anything.

As a side note, is there a specific reason why you want to make a torrent of an unzipped folder?
Most game torrents you see will be packed in some way (iso, zip, etc.) and it's because single big files are much easier to deal with than multiple (thousands) of smaller ones with varying sizes (especially with P2P transfers).
Easier file integrity checks. No traffic loss through overhead. Disk doesn't need to deal with read/write during transfer. Easier for trackers to determine missing pieces and to assign peers for quicker download completion.

Hi.
I appreciate your comment, it does make solid points, of course, and I'm aware it can become annoying downloading the many files games usually have. When it comes to WildLife by the way we are not talking about that many smaller files but just a bunch of them pretty easy to download and install with zero issues. The problem is Steve and his team keep on releasing the game using a unique .pak file which is over 25GB, instead of splitting it in smaller ones like Fallout and Skyrim do with the .esp and .esm files. Which means two things:

1. from the point of view of the download process has the same optimal condition you have mentioned about P2P transfers.

2. from the point of view of a zipped file things get particularly annoying because of the way that damn system we cannot avoid, called Windows, deals with zipped files and disk management. I shouldn't have to explain this but I do, making my case which I'm damn sure is not mine alone and many face the same nightmare. So... to be able to download the 13-14GB size zipped file and unzip its 26-27GB kingsized content I need a total of at least 55, if 60 better, Gygabites. That might be something easy to deal for gamers with TBs of free disks I, developing in UE5, easily destroy with contents on a weekly if not daily basis.
In order to have the upgraded WildLife I had to spend an entire night to find the way to get the free space I needed, deleting files which I actually needed to keep but had to sacrifice, moving files over the many disks I have, spotting the few empty spaces, moving 2-3GB sized files from disk to disk back and forth each time. All that because Windows need that damn twice space in a disk to create a temporary copy that then "moves" into the installation folder instead of cutting the process by half, avoiding such a blatant redundancy.

If this has been tedious for you to read, as I suspect if you reached this point, then you might have an idea of why a torrent was such a better idea to my eyes. Speaking of my issues creating it... as you could see I'm using uTorrent and the game is installed in my D SSD drive. My idea, right or wrong, was that it might take longer downloading 27GB rather than 14GB but might also allow me to still do my things and save time and nerves later.

Anyway... I'm going to delete the zipped file of the torrent we shared here so I won't be able to seed anymore but I need those 14GB of space back. I hope I helped somebody to speed up the download process enough and I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do, despite all the current flaws [Steve, if you're reading,... damn... those materials/textures on the characters... can't we really fix that!?? Please... ─ I'm literally begging!]. Enjoy!

• Red Heart
Reactions: yilkin

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Ironically what sandbox means to me is the exact opposite of this goober:

It's when in Kenshi I set up a base and recruit people, others come on their own to raid and trade, and when I sneak into a rival faction capital and assassinate the leader, their empire falls apart and is taken over in real time. It's not enough to give you the tools to make things, the key element is that a sandbox has to react dynamically and realistically when you poke it.
Listen here you illiterate daft cunt, I didn't say Kenshi didn't have a fucking sandbox, I said it didn't fucking have one like WL did. I've put nearly 1,000 hours into Kenshi over the years, I know the experience it gives, I know what the game is like. Sandboxes are not all the fucking same, what you think a sandbox is, is what the fucking AAA open world games are calling a sandbox. GTA 5 is a sandbox, Palworld is a sandbox, Kenshi is a sandbox, they all let you do whatever you want within the confines of their fucking games with all that "reacting dynamically and realistically". Meanwhile WL has a sandbox; it still restricts you to the confines of what the game can do, even if it apparently is too close to a game engine for some people, and you can make or download whatever you want within those limits of the game.

I don't have a single "this is what sandbox means to me" because there's not just one definitive way to apply "sandbox" to a game. If anyone here is a fucking goober it's you for thinking your definition of "sandbox" is the only correct one and that WL's sandbox has to cater to special little fucking you.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
I'm almost convinced their whole thing is "meta-masturbation" at this point. They don't get off to WL itself, but they sure as shit do get their rocks off repeatedly telling everyone within listening/reading distance how much they don't like it.
You misunderstood, personally, it's not the game that I don't like, I just hate everyone equally

Listen here you illiterate daft cunt
God I love your wording, this how to properly introduce a paragraph lmao :KEK:

Btw, it's Daft Punk, not cunt, they used to make good music back then

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: meatslinger

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Listen here you illiterate daft cunt, I didn't say Kenshi didn't have a fucking sandbox, I said it didn't fucking have one like WL did. I've put nearly 1,000 hours into Kenshi over the years, I know the experience it gives, I know what the game is like. Sandboxes are not all the fucking same, what you think a sandbox is, is what the fucking AAA open world games are calling a sandbox. GTA 5 is a sandbox, Palworld is a sandbox, Kenshi is a sandbox, they all let you do whatever you want within the confines of their fucking games with all that "reacting dynamically and realistically". Meanwhile WL has a sandbox; it still restricts you to the confines of what the game can do, even if it apparently is too close to a game engine for some people, and you can make or download whatever you want within those limits of the game.

I don't have a single "this is what sandbox means to me" because there's not just one definitive way to apply "sandbox" to a game. If anyone here is a fucking goober it's you for thinking your definition of "sandbox" is the only correct one and that WL's sandbox has to cater to special little fucking you.
Oh yes lets change meaning of words. Sandbox this sandbox that. Everything is a sandbox, apparently. And Unreal Engine must be the biggest sandbox "game" you have ever known followed by Unity, RPGM and Ren'Py.

even if it apparently is too close to a game engine for some people
Some people? So let me get this straight, you think majority of people see this as an actual game rather than a glorified animation viewer? IRL show this game to anyone you know and see how many of them asks "okay, but where is the game part?" What a clown you are.

Meanwhile WL has a sandbox; it still restricts you to the confines of what the game can do
What the game can do?
Where is the game?
How can you play it?
What level are you?
How many bosses you've slain?
How many legendaries you got?
Which race you are?
What is your preferred playstyle?
What kind of character build you have?
Who are your companions?
Who are you allied with?
Who are you at war with?
If you are playing an open world role playing game you should be able to answer atleast half of these questions, even if it is still in development.

NullByte0116

Dec 21, 2019
Just checked out the new outfits and MAN. Twa's disappointing finding out they aren't wearable during sex.

Literal dickkiller imo

Wished that they'd take their time in adding more sex-mode variants for every outfit that have none cuz they're too mighty good to just be removed in sex anims. Mercer's researcher outfit skirt still has clipping issues compared to the new ones.

Genuinely asking, how hard is it to update previous outfits or work on their alternates? It's been a fucking year.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Wished that they'd take their time in adding more sex-mode variants
Wish we had more time for that too. Honestly the days are just way too short :D
Last build was a bit of a squeeze because I was out on a longer vacation, but if there is any specific outfit youd like sexed-up, feel free to express that here and Ill see how it can fit in my timeline to work on that.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes