lordkabal26

Aug 26, 2017
There's nothing "sandbox" about spawning npcs to have canned sex animations with. This game is as much a sandbox as North Korea is a "Democratic People's Republic."
Let me get this straight, because YOU don't know how to use it properly the sandbox mode is not a sandbox? Seems like a pebkac issue honestly.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Little reminder about the discord server some people are mentioning - Wild Sanctum

Preview post from January
https://f95zone.to/threads/wild-life-patreon-build-23-02-2024-adeptus-steve.3810/post-12628965

Post about modding evolution
https://f95zone.to/threads/wild-life-patreon-build-23-02-2024-adeptus-steve.3810/post-12884529

Modding is currently improving, now it's getting possible to make real new outfits! Promising start.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can check out my signature for invite links and where to find me.
(images are currently broken since last discord update changed urls, but invite link is active)

That's pretty neat. Can you give a quick rundown/tldr of how you guys are adding outfits? I know and have an unholy amount of outfits that can be added to WL if the process is simple enough for average users.

Balial42

May 3, 2018
So am I right My Asus Tuf already left behind for this. Can this game playable on Asus ROG Mothership GZ700 w core i9 9980HK GPU GeForce RTX2080 8gb. Coz Im not fans of PC desktop to much room space and not simple cant carry to anywhere.
I´m not an expert, but I should run on your end. I recall to have an older version (2022ish) of this game back in the day and it run just fine on a 7 year old Sony Vaio. Still, there is the thing with U5 compared with U4, which might be an issue. But I would say it´s more a question how many RAM you got. You you still have to figure it out at least one time if playable, because it´s related to future updates.

Reactions: m3nic

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
So am I right My Asus Tuf already left behind for this. Can this game playable on Asus ROG Mothership GZ700 w core i9 9980HK GPU GeForce RTX2080 8gb. Coz Im not fans of PC desktop to much room space and not simple cant carry to anywhere.
This game is still very much in its development stage, which means there hasn't been a lot of optimization done yet. Games in development need a lot of CPU and GPU power, and a laptop in general is never a good choice when it comes to that. I would stick to Ren'Py and RPGM games with that.

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
They're making seven figures a year, so likely never.
Hate to break it to you but they employ like 20+ people per credits (credited over 30 people but not everyone are monthly employees). 130k+ per month isn't much for business to operate on that scale. So if you think this as lets collect money so lead can make big bank it's certainly not the case in this case lol. It's not a project of 2-3 people.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Hate to break it to you but they employ like 20+ people per credits (credited over 30 people but not everyone are monthly employees). 130k+ per month isn't much for business to operate on that scale. So if you think this as lets collect money so lead can make big bank it's certainly not the case in this case lol. It's not a project of 2-3 people.
Impossible for those types of people to actually understand what you just said. They just see a big monthly number and assume the dev is just getting rich scamming everyone while completely ignoring how business expenses and employment in the real world actually works. Or worse, they compare it to some potato looking game on here that isn't even close to the same type of game.

Then the never ending cycle of saying "well this other game was created in a few years" while ignoring that it had hundreds of staff working on it being backed by a company worth millions or billions of dollars.

You just can't reason with entitled people.

Last edited:

jucypook

May 7, 2018
There's a way you can do it, using automation tools.
Also, there are plans to add an actual key frame animation tool into the game so people can make custom animations on their own. If and when it's implemented is unknown.
if you got any short tutorial that would be great

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
That's pretty neat. Can you give a quick rundown/tldr of how you guys are adding outfits? I know and have an unholy amount of outfits that can be added to WL if the process is simple enough for average users.

if you got any short tutorial that would be great
There are 2 video demonstrations on Wild Sanctum that I can't post here due to size.
If you join the server, use this link to get to the videos

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Why does this studio continue to add new characters, clothes, sex animation rather than focus on adding the main story solo and building the map and also dialogues, bug fixing. Will we be able to play the solo story before the release of GTA 6? I doubt increasingly at each update.

Balial42

May 3, 2018
Did someone found out, how to adjust animations when you make the human smaller/the Monster bigger with the editor? Like in the absurd cookie Videos from our friend Steve. ;)

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
Why does this studio continue to add new characters, clothes, sex animation rather than focus on adding the main story solo and building the map and also dialogues, bug fixing. Will we be able to play the solo story before the release of GTA 6? I doubt increasingly at each update.
It's almost like there are different teams for making characters, making clothes, doing animations, and working on the story! Gasp!

And GTA 6 is gonna come out first probably? When it has a team of hundreds working on it compared to WL's 20-30? Gasp, again!

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
It's almost like there are different teams for making characters, making clothes, doing animations, and working on the story! Gasp!

And GTA 6 is gonna come out first probably? When it has a team of hundreds working on it compared to WL's 20-30? Gasp, again!
I'm not talking about the number of people, but the workload. GTA 6 may have hundreds of employees, but their games have been in development for at least 10 years and it's a huge triple AAA game, and it's coming out in 2026. The workload for WL isn't the same, but it doesn't seem to be making any progress, so you'd almost think it would be released after GTA 6. :KEK:

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
I'm not talking about the number of people, but the workload. GTA 6 may have hundreds of employees, but their games have been in development for at least 10 years and it's a huge triple AAA game, and it's coming out in 2026. The workload for WL isn't the same, but it doesn't seem to be making any progress, so you'd almost think it would be released after GTA 6. :KEK:
Just because a game has been in development for 10 years doesn't mean it had as many people working on it the whole time. What games came out before GTA 6 from the same devs? I seem to recall Red Dead Redemption 2, one of their biggest games yet, and while not as spectacular or big there were also the updates and added content to GTA 5 over the years that is still being added. GTA 6 got the teams from RDR2 to work on it now, which is going to speed up development.

As far as the workloads go, teams of a couple hundred people who have probably been doing their various parts of a game's development for several years is going to make the workload lighter and more spread out through experience and manpower. A team of 20-30 people making a game like WL are going to have a bigger workload and more to do especially as more of the game is made and shipped out, not to mention they also need to listen to what their patreon backers want so they can actually have the funding to make the game, compared to Rockstar who have astronomically higher budgets for their games without having to rely on people basically donating money (though they do make a good bit from microtransactions like the GTA5 shark cards).

WL is making progress, you can see what is being done by simply going to the game's discord or looking at the patreon, or asking Steve himself since he watches this thread.

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Just because a game has been in development for 10 years doesn't mean it had as many people working on it the whole time. What games came out before GTA 6 from the same devs? I seem to recall Red Dead Redemption 2, one of their biggest games yet, and while not as spectacular or big there were also the updates and added content to GTA 5 over the years that is still being added. GTA 6 got the teams from RDR2 to work on it now, which is going to speed up development.

As far as the workloads go, teams of a couple hundred people who have probably been doing their various parts of a game's development for several years is going to make the workload lighter and more spread out through experience and manpower. A team of 20-30 people making a game like WL are going to have a bigger workload and more to do especially as more of the game is made and shipped out, not to mention they also need to listen to what their patreon backers want so they can actually have the funding to make the game, compared to Rockstar who have astronomically higher budgets for their games without having to rely on people basically donating money (though they do make a good bit from microtransactions like the GTA5 shark cards).

WL is making progress, you can see what is being done by simply going to the game's discord or looking at the patreon, or asking Steve himself since he watches this thread.
Yes, Red Dead Redemption 1 was released in 2010 and the second in 2018, so the second opuus took 8 years to develop. The second opus was much more imposing and contained more things to do, the story was longer. It has sold 57 million copies worldwide and is one of the world's best-selling games.

The team that developed RDR 2 is not the same team that developed GTA 5 and GTA 6. Big studios like Rockstar Games have several teams working simultaneously on their own games.

The game broke several records and enjoyed the second-biggest launch in entertainment history, generating $725 million in sales on its opening weekend and surpassing Red Dead Redemption's lifetime sales in two weeks.

The workload is determined by several factors, not just by the number of people working on the game. It depends on many things, some of which we don't know.

For example, the studio's internal policy, the developers' working hours, their working conditions, their health, the studio's finances and the funds allocated to development, the quality of the hardware, etc.

I suspect that WL's studio doesn't have the same finances and the same number of people, but the game started development in 2017, and we're in 2024. So 7 years have already gone by, which is almost the same number of years it took to develop RDR 2 and GTA 5.

I've been following the development of Wild Life for a long time, and with each update I re-download the game here on F95, I'm also on Discord and Patreon, and I can assure you that the game hasn't been moving forward for at least a year and a half.

There are minor additions, but one wonders what their priorities are, because adding clothes, new characters and sexual animations are not the priority when a game is far from finished and has been in development for 7 years. Unless it's in the final stages of development, which is clearly not the case.

It seems that the studio is deliberately stagnating, releasing updates to act as a "hello, we're still alive, look we're still releasing updates whose sole purpose is to keep you waiting while you continue to shell out money on Patreon; so we can continue to rake in easy money without advancing our game."

BrokenHorn

Oct 22, 2021
If you're not keen with having to register to our site to get the torrent, McAztec posted one which doesn't require it 5 posts earlier (here).
WildLife-2024.02.23Patreon
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
Why is McAztec's file 3 GBs bigger than the one you provide?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I would stick to Ren'Py and RPGM games with that.
You'd stick to playing rpgm games with that pc? Lmao. That graphics card(rtx 2080) is still capable of playing latest games at a consistent 60fps, high settings. And i9 9980HK isn't bad by any means.

Let me get this straight, because YOU don't know how to use it properly the sandbox mode is not a sandbox? Seems like a pebkac issue honestly.
It has nothing to do with knowing "how to use" it. It is all about expectations, and they are set by developers themselves.

Most fps and tps games(like crysis and deus ex:hr games) have sandbox maps. Most stealth games(like dishonered, splinter cell and hitman games) have sandbox maps. All simulation games(that I know of, like Sims) have sandbox maps. All building/management focused games (like tropico games and two point hospital) have sandbox maps. All strategy and tower defense games (like the riftbreaker, age of empires and red alert games) have sandbox maps.

When you advertise your game as "an open world rpg" people expect "sandbox" with gameplay like those ones I've written above. Not fucking minecraft but worse in every way except animations kind of sandbox.

Credits usually don't mean anything other than "they helped in someway" when it comes to indie games. I've seen some developers who put names of people just because they gave them an idea.

And you said it yourself, not everyone are "monthly employees". So unless you know for sure how many people actually works on this game there is no way to determine if 130k+ per month is only going to the pockets of a few greedy people or 20-30 real employees like you are suggesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wlms
3.80 star(s) 176 Votes